PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body When did the door vent design change?

deloreanjosh
06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
I noticed there are two different design door vents(one design has a rib across the top)....when did this change? What VINs?

I just traded someone from here lower door panels and each has a different design door vent...I would like to correct this so that they are the same design....

Josh Q

Ryan King
06-24-2011, 12:27 AM
I noticed there are two different design door vents(one design has a rib across the top)....when did this change? What VINs?

I just traded someone from here lower door panels and each has a different design door vent...I would like to correct this so that they are the same design....

Josh Q

Are you referring to the vents on the interior of the door? For the Air Conditioning? Or are you referring to the vents on the exterior rear-quarter panel? Could you please take photos to let us know what you mean?

-Ryan

DeloreanJoshQ
06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Are you referring to the vents on the interior of the door? For the Air Conditioning? Or are you referring to the vents on the exterior rear-quarter panel? Could you please take photos to let us know what you mean?

-Ryan

I am referring to the vents that are part of the lower interior door panel for the A/C....

There is the below type:

http://www.dragtimes.com/images-classifieds-large/DeLorean-DMC-12-Door-Air-Deflector-Vent---100761-for-sale_110657833338.jpg

Then there is a type that has an extra rib in the center that runs left to right with the direction adjustment. The louvers also are not straight but have another angle on each side...

I notice Michael W (AKA 1983DMC on here) also has the other style vent...

I will take pictures tonight...

DeloreanJoshQ
06-24-2011, 12:44 PM
I talked to Julee Swingle (and Dave)...I will have to go home and check, but I think possibly that the vent louvres are installed backwards on one side.....
Anyone else experience this?

mrdmc12
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Mine is a 81 vin #4927 and I have those vents on my car.

DMCMW Dave
06-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I think I know what's going on. Roll the whole vent part 180 degrees. The rib should be on the bottom with a small handle on the top in the center. See photos. This is the same vent twice.

DeloreanJoshQ
06-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I think I know what's going on. Roll the whole vent part 180 degrees. The rib should be on the bottom with a small handle on the top in the center. See photos. This is the same vent twice.

I was hoping this thread would be buried and not return....

I am embarrassed to say this is the case....yep....Thanks Julee and Dave!

Dracula
06-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Huh. And here I was told that it was a design change. Well, I'm glad to know why they're like that and sorry, Josh, for any confusion that caused.