PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a $10 Remote Key Control to the Delorean

DrJeff
10-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Here is a first draft of my project to fit a Remote Key Controller to the Delorean. Total project cost was ~$35.

Your feedback is welcome.

OverlandMan
10-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Here is a first draft of my project to fit a Remote Key Controller to the Delorean. Total project cost was ~$35.

Your feedback is welcome.

I skimmed through the PDF. Looks like good work there. I plan on doing the same to mine at some point. Are you pleased with the quality of the $10 Chinese eBay wireless unit? How long have you been running it?

My only suggestion would be to use loom and heat shrink in lieu of electrical tape for cosmetic appearance. Doing the church connector plug and play modification was smart and makes for a cleaner installation/removal. Nice work diagramming everything out. I'll hang on to this when the time comes to do mine. :thumbup:

Morpheus
10-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree with OverlandMan.

I would have stayed far away from electrical tape, since it tends to become a sticky mess when in a hot environment. Aside from that, very nice writeup!

Jimmycxc
10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Very nice job and good write up.

I went a round about way when I first got my D about 13 years ago. I wanted to add an alarm so I got the Viper alarm with remote fobs. The guy who installed it was able to hook up the remotes for the door locks. Back then, it cost me about $200