PDA

View Full Version : General Window Sticker placement

DMC3165
06-24-2011, 04:18 AM
Hey all, I just received my reproduction window sticker from the DeLorean Museum and it looks great! (thanks James). I like to set up little displays at car shows. But I'm not sure where the window sticker is supposed to go on the car. I'd like to place it on the car as close to where it would've been seen while at the dealer. I assume its on the windshield but not sure where or which side. I know one of you guys knows the answer to this one. It's probably an easy one for most of you.:wink:

Soundkillr
06-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Pretty sure it is supposed to be on the right side of the windshield, about 8 inches down from top of glass and 8 inches over from side of glass...

David T
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
It was supposed to be displayed in a window on the driver's side of the car. I just leave mine in a laminated cover laying on the binnacle inside the car facing the driver's window.
David Teitelbaum

DMC3165
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM
It was supposed to be displayed in a window on the driver's side of the car. I just leave mine in a laminated cover laying on the binnacle inside the car facing the driver's window.
David Teitelbaum

When you say "in a window" do you mean something like a clear plastic stand separate from the car? I only ask because I was thinking of picking up something just like that.

David T
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
"Back in the Day" when these cars were being sold new, the window sticker (the Mulroney Sticker sp) by law was supposed to be prominently displayed in a window of the vehicle on the driver's side. There are a lot of laws about this because some dealers were "playing" fast and loose with new cars vs used cars, charging for standard equipment, etc. This was to try giving the consumer a fair chance to see what he was actually buying. It also gives the consumer some other information like gas mileage, where the car was made, shipped to, etc. It was placed in a window hence the term "Window Sticker". Now even used cars sold by dealers must have a window sticker.
David Teitelbaum