PDA

View Full Version : Payback

OverlandMan
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a friend at work who has a teenage son in high school. His son drive a Dodge Dakota pickup (late 90's era I believe). Apparently a group of his peers keeps pulling the trigger wire on his starter solenoid thus rendering the truck disabled until resolved. He was asking me if I knew any way to rig a cattle prod or similar system that would get the point across to the suspected hoodlums.

Yes he's already filed multiple reports with the local authorities. According to him this has happened multiple times, the most recent being at the kid's place of employment parking lot.

I thought I'd see if you guys have any creative ideas for payback...

JW

Notifier
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Hook it up somehow so when they pull the wire the horn starts blowing. At least it will scare the s*it out of them when they are under there messing with it!

ccurzio
10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Hide in the car with a Glock 17.

DMCVegas
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Kind of a dangerous area if someone gets seriously hurt enough, so that is something to consider.

Having said that, how are they gaining access? Are they crawling underneath?

Rigging your own vehicle up can be dangerous to you if you forget later on that you booby trapped it, or if it compromises your vehicle's integrity. But if they're already accustomed to just shoving their hand in someplace, place a gopher trap in there and see what happens.

If they're getting into the vehicle and sitting in the driver's seat, this could come in handy:

http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a07/mf/j7/uses-utility-knives-800x800.jpg

They hop in, and the blade not only pierces the skin, but breaks off inside of them. Lots of blood, but it gets the job done.

Of course it's easier to go after them with their own vehicle:

http://reportyourcomplaint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Great-Stuff-insulating-foam-sealant-review.jpg

Spray the foam up the tail pipe and you'll disable the vehicle as well as cause an expensive exhaust system repair. Brake fluid is also good at destroying paint.

But if you want something somewhat less permanent, I'd say to pour some egg, sardine oil, and chicken blood into their air intake plenum.

SamHill
10-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Don't get the kid in trouble. Different facts, but the principle is the same: http://www.4lawschool.com/torts/katko.htm

Chris4099
10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Ya, I was going to say you could end up in a lot of legal trouble for having a booby trap that can actually harm somebody. Instead it would be a much better idea to see if there's a way to secure the starter wiring or block access to it so they just can't do it anymore. Another option would be to setup a hidden camera to record them in the act. That way you have actual evidence to bring to the police. An arrest record sounds like a pretty damn good payback if you ask me. :biggrin:

Ron
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Put some Dye-tag (shows up with a cheap Black or UV light for days!) in the area and/or pay the meanest girl in the school to kick their ass...a win-win-win!

SIMid
10-17-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.amazon.com/PROXIMITY-RADAR-MOTION-SENSOR-ALARM/dp/B0009JPR3C

Jimmyvonviggle
10-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Hide in the car with a Glock 17.

That's the problem with everybody. Nobody wants to get into an old fashion fight and use their hands anymore.

Spittybug
10-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Kind of a dangerous area if someone gets seriously hurt enough, so that is something to consider.

Having said that, how are they gaining access? Are they crawling underneath?

Rigging your own vehicle up can be dangerous to you if you forget later on that you booby trapped it, or if it compromises your vehicle's integrity. But if they're already accustomed to just shoving their hand in someplace, place a gopher trap in there and see what happens.

If they're getting into the vehicle and sitting in the driver's seat, this could come in handy:

They hop in, and the blade not only pierces the skin, but breaks off inside of them. Lots of blood, but it gets the job done.

Of course it's easier to go after them with their own vehicle:

Spray the foam up the tail pipe and you'll disable the vehicle as well as cause an expensive exhaust system repair. Brake fluid is also good at destroying paint.

But if you want something somewhat less permanent, I'd say to pour some egg, sardine oil, and chicken blood into their air intake plenum.

Mental note to self....Don't piss off Robert.....

stevedmc
10-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Does the vehicle have an automatic or manual transmission?

If it is a manual transmission you could just remove the starter and have him push start the truck whenever he needs to go somewhere.

OverlandMan
10-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the ideas/suggestions. I communicated them to my co-worker. I think he's going to look into this:

http://www.amazon.com/PROXIMITY-RADAR-MOTION-SENSOR-ALARM/dp/B0009JPR3C

Thanks guys.

DashEight
10-19-2012, 01:33 AM
This is bullshit. It's against guy code to screw with another dudes car, like him or not. Unless its in the movie "The Big Lebowski." Then it's hilarious how Walter handles "Little Larry's" Corvette.

stevedmc
10-19-2012, 08:30 AM
This is bullshit. It's against guy code to screw with another dudes car, like him or not. Unless its in the movie "The Big Lebowski." Then it's hilarious how Walter handles "Little Larry's" Corvette.

I believe the original poster was talking about boys, not men.

OverlandMan
10-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I believe the original poster was talking about boys, not men.

Teenagers in high school so yea, boys/kids. But guy code should still exist (or be developing) to some extent.

Dash - remember it was actually not Larry's vette, it was that other guy (the mexican) who came out screaming at Walter. One of Walter's best lines... "This is what happens when you F a stranger in the @ss, Larry".

DashEight
10-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Teenagers in high school so yea, boys/kids. But guy code should still exist (or be developing) to some extent.

Dash - remember it was actually not Larry's vette, it was that other guy (the mexican) who came out screaming at Walter. One of Walter's best lines... "This is what happens when you F a stranger in the @ss, Larry".

Yes sir, that's why Little Larry is in quotes. Its easier to refer to the vette that way. At least at the end of that night there eas the In and Out Burger.

stevedmc
10-19-2012, 02:06 PM

DMCVegas
10-19-2012, 02:22 PM

See what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?