PDA

View Full Version : Need A/C help

Jacko
06-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Ok, I haven't started a new thread on the new forum. I hope I'm in the right place.

I discovered a leak in 4915's A/C. It's where the hose connects to the upper fitting on the condenser. I removed the hose from the fitting and it looks like there wasn't an O ring in there. Could that be possible?

Anyway, I need to know if I can buy a proper O ring locally. I don't have the old one and I don't know what it looks like (except it's round) :banghead:

Could anyone help with maybe a part number or something? The part number of the missing O ring is 106868.

Thanks,

Farrar
06-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Since no one else has replied I'll take a shot in the dark -- a/c fittings are supposed to be standardised across the industry, so if you could go to the auto parts store and ask for a kit or set of O-rings for a/c maybe it would contain the one you need? Just a thought. Good luck!

Farrar

Bitsyncmaster
06-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Since no one else has replied I'll take a shot in the dark -- a/c fittings are supposed to be standardised across the industry, so if you could go to the auto parts store and ask for a kit or set of O-rings for a/c maybe it would contain the one you need? Just a thought. Good luck!

Farrar

Agree. I've got a few AC O-ring kits at auto parts stores. I think they sell one for "GM" cars and the O-rings are green.

Jacko
06-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Farrar and Dave M,

Thanks for your replies. I'm off to Autozone now ... You two guys can be counted on to help keep these wonderful little cars on the road and I'm grateful ... Have a good day!:thankyou: