PDA

View Full Version : General New verb required - suggestions needed

TTait
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
OK, I've earned it. We all have earned it. Your working on the car, in, out, up down, turn for that tool and (?????)... you smack your head, more likely your scalp, on the leading or trailing edge of the open door.

hit
smack
whack
slam
bump
gouge

These are words anyone is allowed to use for whatever minor and usually nonrecurring little accidents people have in their everyday life. When an owner (?????)s their head on the door of the car, and the accompanying pain and anger (blood?), it is a different thing. It probably hasn't happened in a year, but the instant it does it takes you back to all the other times it happened - as thought points in time and space have converged momentarily. I think it's a unique DMC experience, and as such we deserve our own word for it.

It should be something that uniquely references the DMC, gull wings, stainless or something of the like. Something every owner will understand without having to have it explained. The stainless scalp slam? We can do better than that...

Suggestions?

Bitsyncmaster
06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Door rash.

I sill do this off and on. I always use four letter "verbs"

content22207
06-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Get in the habit of working around the car like an old man with a bent back.

Bill Robertson

EdR5150
06-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Gullwhack?

Morpheus
06-24-2011, 11:01 PM
^ seconded.

also, 'winged.

Example:
Me: "#$&#**!!!!!"
Wife: "What happened???"
Me: "I just 'winged myself in the head!!"

Jonathan
06-24-2011, 11:04 PM
What came to mind was this new commercial for Norton Antivirus software where they make up new swear words. Have you seen it?

1batt4u
06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Actually, for the past 2 months of working in my car, just doing the interior, re-doing the doors(window motors, Door actuators, door poppers, new handles, new door locks) Wings-A-Loft system, and checking all wiring, I have not hit my head once!!! And I'm a tall guy, 6'2"!! :goatee:

opethmike
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Actually, for the past 2 months of working in my car, just doing the interior, re-doing the doors(window motors, Door actuators, door poppers, new handles, new door locks) Wings-A-Loft system, and checking all wiring, I have not hit my head once!!! And I'm a tall guy, 6'2"!! :goatee:

Give it time, it WILL happen! :)

dhaney
06-25-2011, 01:13 AM

There are two kinds of Delorean owners; those have, and those who will hit their head on the doors.

Dan

TTait
06-25-2011, 01:35 AM

I'm not trying to jinx you or anything, but you might break your nose. When I was doing a lot of work a few years back the car was higher on jack stands. Being taller seems like a real liability (just this once - you get better pay and all the women otherwise...)

My wife caught it good earlier this week while helping install acoustic mat - I actually got a couple of padded mailer envelopes, slit them down one side and taped them over the corners to save her head.

1batt4u
06-25-2011, 01:39 AM
I know I'll definitely start hitting it once the car will be ready to drive!! I'll be too excited to think of the doors and just want to see the reactions on peoples faces. Open the door, come out and BOOOM!! :lol:

Farrar
06-25-2011, 03:22 AM
I'm partial to the word "farganargle," but I usually can't think of it faster than the classic primal scream.

Farrar

jmrydholm
06-25-2011, 07:14 PM
I did that when I got my car back this month. Umm...."Steelsmote?" My head was steelsmitten asunder, upon yonder metal cart's portal! That dids't ever swoop up as a gull's wings might fly! Shakespearean moment there! :smile: