PDA

View Full Version : Chad vs. DPI Discussions ***Split from other threads***

Dracula
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I know of one vendor who I hope to see go under due to their shady business practices; PM me if you're interested in the details.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 03:12 PM
I know of one vendor who I hope to see go under due to their shady business practices; PM me if you're interested in the details.

Hmm. Would this be a "vendor" in Dallas who does BTTF conversions?

Dracula
11-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Hmm. Would this be a "vendor" in Dallas who does BTTF conversions?

I don't consider him a vendor; that guy's a butcher and a liar.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Steve Rice gets a lot of his parts at AutoZone. But he will admit, that it sure is nice to be able to call up a vendor for Delorean specific parts such as angle drives and dust caps.

I'm planning to install a new lower steering column in my car, maybe even this weekend. I didn't get it from a Delorean vendor. I believe in learning to survive on my own because frankly, one day there may not be any vendors around at all.

Edit: I'm in no way attacking Josh. I met him a few weeks ago and think he is a really cool guy. Honestly, a lot of my do it yourself survival is simply because I can't afford to pay someone else to do the work. If I had the money, my car would probably be in Josh's shop for a frame off restoration.

I know a lot of things are available. My assessment was based off of what will happen when the NOS door eventually slams shut. A lot more will become difficult.

@ Chad-
I was way to easy on you when you strung us along for over a year. Signing off on work you had no way of affording or paying for from the beginning ends with a lien being filed. That is how the world works buddy. I took your word and got burnt pretty well on it. I'm glad DMCMW welcomed you back with open arms after everything you had to say regarding Dmc and their affiliates. You are welcome for me not exercising my right to collect against you legally. I was sick and tired of being strung along watching you buy other cars constantly but not being able to put a cent towards your past due invoice. You should think twice about abandoning your cars somewhere for a year after giving written and verbal authorization for work to be performed. I stand corrected and should not have been a nice guy about it. Instead I should have taken both cars for the trouble you caused. I"m pretty sure that anyone would be upset with someone saying "yeah I will pay you in two weeks" for over a year. If you have something to say and you are going to run your mouth why don't you do it publicly.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I know a lot of things are available. My assessment was based off of what will happen when the NOS door eventually slams shut. A lot more will become difficult.

@ Chad-
I was way to easy on you when you strung us along for over a year. Signing off on work you had no way of affording or paying for from the beginning ends with a lien being filed. That is how the world works buddy. I took your word and got burnt pretty well on it. I'm glad DMCMW welcomed you back with open arms after everything you had to say regarding Dmc and their affiliates. You are welcome for me not exercising my right to collect against you legally. I was sick and tired of being strung along watching you buy other cars constantly but not being able to put a cent towards your past due invoice. You should think twice about abandoning your cars somewhere for a year after giving written and verbal authorization for work to be performed. I stand corrected and should not have been a nice guy about it. Instead I should have taken both cars for the trouble you caused. I"m pretty sure that anyone would be upset with someone saying "yeah I will pay you in two weeks" for over a year. If you have something to say and you are going to run your mouth why don't you do it publicly.

Very well, then, I'll tell things as they occurred:

When I bought a car from him while deployed overseas, he agreed to store the car for the duration of the work. I'd paid him a few thousand up front for work and several more over the time he had my car. I was going to have him swap the engine from my Stage II car into the one I bought from him, so I drove the car to his shop for the winter. In summer, not only had he not performed any work, but he decides that if I don't instantly pay him $12,000.00 that he's going to file for a mechanic's lean against both of my cars for retroactive storage on the car I bought from him; a car I bought under the condition that he'd store it for the duration of the work that I would be paying him to perform. He informed me that he had pulled the engine on 1601, in preparation, and that both cars were immobile. Dave at DMCMW later confirmed that he was lying and, in fact, never so much as touched my car while it was there. Had I known this at the time, it would have been a different argument. I had to contact several lawyers and it came to the point where, to fight for 1265, I would have had to pay as much in legal fees as I had in the car. Ultimately, I had to settle for cutting my ties with him, getting my Stage II car back, and losing 1265 in order to avoid court fees and have him re-install the engine in 1601; something he lied about. I was not prepared to spend $12,000.00 up-front for work that hadn't been performed and, as a result, retroactive storage fees that he decided to leverage on me. I had, previously, spent over $4,000.00 on work on the car in the time that he had it; but, apparently, that wasn't enough.

I'd advise EVERYONE against doing business with DPI.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
When I bought a car from him while deployed overseas, he agreed to store the car for the duration of the work. I'd paid him a few thousand up front for work and several more over the time he had my car. I was going to have him swap the engine from my Stage II car into the one I bought from him, so I drove the car to his shop for the winter. In summer, not only had he not performed any work, but he decides that if I don't instantly pay him $12,000.00 that he's going to file for a mechanic's lean against both of my cars for retroactive storage on the car I bought from him; a car I bought under the condition that he'd store it for the duration of the work that I would be paying him to perform. He informed me that he had pulled the engine on 1601, in preparation, and that both cars were immobile. Dave at DMCMW later confirmed that he was lying and, in fact, never so much as touched my car while it was there. Had I known this at the time, it would have been a different argument. I had to contact several lawyers and it came to the point where, to fight for 1265, I would have had to pay as much in legal fees as I had in the car. Ultimately, I had to settle for cutting my ties with him, getting my Stage II car back, and losing 1265 in order to avoid court fees and have him re-install the engine in 1601; something he lied about. I was not prepared to spend $12,000.00 up-front for work that hadn't been performed and, as a result, retroactive storage fees that he decided to leverage on me. I had, previously, spent over $4,000.00 on work on the car in the time that he had it; but, apparently, that wasn't enough.

LEVY
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank's for the warning.

I guess we have to wait for his side of the story, a lot of people are very pleased with his way of doing business.

Hope you have every piece of communication in writing.

I wouldn't get Dave involved on this.

LEVY

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Sh!t... Ahhhh :hmm: :umm:

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Very well, then, I'll tell things as they occurred:

Incorrect Chad: You purchased the car while deployed in Feb of 2011. You signed off on what you wanted done to the car in late June paying a total of 2k towards the bill with payments stopping in August all of a sudden.

1st- there is NEVER a charge for storing a car being worked on as long as payments are being made per the agreed terms. When enough was enough I threatened you with storage fees to put things into perspective for you.

2nd-Per your request when you drove the five speed car out we rushed the auto frame back together so that you would have a car for DCS.

3rd- Your block rotted engine was removed from your car and I ate the cost of working on that POS including sealing a converter gasket that fell apart when coming apart and coolant. I also re-threaded a stripped out axle flange bolt. By all means explain to me how we never dealt with that nightmare.

4th- you then dodged me for almost six weeks and when I finally was showing visible concern you had a back to the future prop fire sale. I knew I was in trouble then.

5th- Then you told me you were trying to defraud the United States government for disability from breathing sand to pay the bill. My response to you was WTF.

6th -followed by "my parents house is guaranteed to sell by such and such a date" which changed about 100 times over six months.

7th -I tried to get a straight answer from you regarding what you wanted to do and finally said enough was enough. I was sitting here with a custom ordered chassis and twin turbo motor you just had to have while watching you buy ridiculous Nazis war relics and Cadillacs.

Parts cost money, our time costs money. I tried to do you a favor and went above and beyond to build you a unique automatic car to your specs. In the end I was left upside down with a bunch of wasted time and energy chasing you down. All I asked from you was to compensate us for what we had built you. I finally said screw it and instead of going after you for it settled for the title you never even took out of DPI's name in 15 months of ownership and giving you the other car back. I was way to kind to you Chad and wished the the best. I'm sorry but you were the one that played us.

I'm done being nice about this. I'm not sure what sob story you fed Dave and Julee but it could hardly be accurate. I bent over backwards for you including taking care of a number of issues that were unknown with the car. Face it you bit off way more than you could chew and looked for a way out. I was a sucker for being a nice guy to you. I haven't talked to Dave or Julee since May 1st of 2011. Maybe I should send over the zip file of all of our conversations start to finish, the finished frame done and ready etc so they can see what kind of person they are dealing with.

O and on another note: A good way to get attention is not pretending your front grille was stolen off your car and having other owners take pity on you. When you showed up here with an extra grill I about flipped because I know Haney bought you one to be nice.

and my final thing to address: I'm done with you and your slanderous remarks regarding my company. Keep it up Chad and see where it gets you. I bend over backwards for my customer base and that is probably why I'm backlogged for years to come. I will post financial statements showing the 6500.00 total you paid towards the massive restoration invoice for the two cars. (that includes purchasing the auto car btw) and the ridiculous excuses you gave me after months of being in the dark as you said "the next payment is in the mail". Of course we stopped working on it! Just not soon enough! You stopped paying!

Dracula
11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Incorrect Chad: You purchased the car while deployed in Feb of 2011. You signed off on what you wanted done to the car in late June paying a total of 2k towards the bill with payments stopping in August all of a sudden.

Payments didn't stop suddenly, I made gradual payments until 2012.

1st- there is NEVER a charge for storing a car being worked on as long as payments are being made per the agreed terms. When enough was enough I threatened you with storage fees to put things into perspective for you.

You accepted a payment from me in 2012, so apparently, terms were still being met then.

2nd-Per your request when you drove the five speed car out we rushed the auto frame back together so that you would have a car for DCS.

And then you told me that would not happen; which it didn't.

3rd- Your block rotted engine was removed from your car and I ate the cost of working on that POS including sealing a converter gasket that fell apart when coming apart and coolant. I also re-threaded a stripped out axle flange bolt. By all means explain to me how we never dealt with that nightmare.

I've had several experts examine my engine and they have all found no trace of it being pulled within the last 5 years.

4th- you then dodged me for almost six weeks and when I finally was showing visible concern you had a back to the future prop fire sale. I knew I was in trouble then.

I kept in fairly constant communication. The longest I went without answering you was the week I was on vacation.

5th- Then you told me you were trying to defraud the United States government for disability from breathing sand to pay the bill. My response to you was WTF.

This is just disrespectful and slanderous. The VA classified me as 33% disabled; ran a panel of tests, and had my injuries confirmed by an outside agency. To accuse me of faking the disability that got me medically discharged from the Armed Forces is a new low on your part.

6th -followed by "my parents house is guaranteed to sell by such and such a date" which changed about 100 times over six months.

My money was tied up in a divorce settlement; I made the mistake of lending money to family, though you were willing to work with me at first until things suddenly changed.

7th -I tried to get a straight answer from you regarding what you wanted to do and finally said enough was enough. I was sitting here with a custom ordered chassis and twin turbo motor you just had to have while watching you buy ridiculous Nazis war relics and Cadillacs.

I did buy several cars throughout the time; I work in USED CAR SALES! What am I supposed to do in the used car business, not buy cars?

Parts cost money, our time costs money. I tried to do you a favor and went above and beyond to build you a unique automatic car to your specs. In the end I was left upside down with a bunch of wasted time and energy chasing you down. All I asked from you was to compensate us for what we had built you. I finally said screw it and instead of going after you for it settled for the title you never even took out of DPI's name in 15 months of ownership and giving you the other car back. I was way to kind to you Chad and wished the the best. I'm sorry but you were the one that played us.

If I played you, then why do you have the car, the money I paid for repairs, and the money I paid for the car. You got over $8,000.00 out of me AND the car.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Payments didn't stop suddenly, I made gradual payments until 2012.

You accepted a payment from me in 2012, so apparently, terms were still being met then.

And then you told me that would not happen; which it didn't.

I've had several experts examine my engine and they have all found no trace of it being pulled within the last 5 years.

I kept in fairly constant communication. The longest I went without answering you was the week I was on vacation.

This is just disrespectful and slanderous. The VA classified me as 33% disabled; ran a panel of tests, and had my injuries confirmed by an outside agency. To accuse me of faking the disability that got me medically discharged from the Armed Forces is a new low on your part.

My money was tied up in a divorce settlement; I made the mistake of lending money to family, though you were willing to work with me at first until things suddenly changed.

I did buy several cars throughout the time; I work in USED CAR SALES! What am I supposed to do in the used car business, not buy cars?

If I played you, then why do you have the car, the money I paid for repairs, and the money I paid for the car. You got over $8,000.00 out of me AND the car.

LIE- No payment was made after August 2011 The one payment of roughly 1000.00 was in March 2012 after your desperate fire sale of bttf items.
A car for DCS was out of the question as I stopped working on your project after not being paid for nine months.
I'm not stepping to a new low Chad. You told me you were owed by the government for forcing you to work for so little in harsh conditions. Basically you couldn't hack it and wanted out.
Maybe you shouldn't have been buying cars and paying for what you already had.
I track everything Chad and keep notes on staying in contact during projects. You were dodging me for seven week periods. I finally caught up with you through facebook.
I was willing to work with you until I realized you had no way of paying for what we had done. Custom work to your specs isn't cheap.
That POS rotted engine was out and per our conversation I questioned its condition after inspection with you on multiple occasions with your response being to use it as it was.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Where are you coming up with this 8k figure...... We needed to be compensated for the work performed. You could not afford it and we were compensated poorly there after.

Here is one for you:
You go out and buy a new car and pay on it for a year. Then you stop paying. They take the car away. Do you get that first year of payments back? I don't think so.

I love how you question the integrity of my company and the work we perform. We really must be wronging people here constantly to have a mass Exodus from DMC facilities on our hands....

Regardless I'm done with this conversation. I have said my piece and virtually everyone already knows how you screwed me over already. As many will tell you I was beside myself on what to do over this. I almost just wanted to cut my loses and say look I don't have the time for two and half cars to sit around here with no direction. When enough was enough and I tried to approach you over this once yet another payment deadline you set passed I was prepared to ask you to take the cars no hard feelings etc my loss. Instead you began acting like a crazy child literally kicking screaming and yelling and I put my foot down on the issue.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I like French Toast.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I posted a response to this in the thread where it was started. (The DIY thread in the open section) I am more than willing to continue this argument and have done my best to bury the hatchet. After Chads snide remark today I had enough. I would ask the mods to combine the two threads and place it accordingly for discussion etc.

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I feel like Peter Griffin sitting between Rush Limbaugh and Lois at the dinner table in that one episode of "Family Guy".

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I like French Toast.

Every time you post a picture I get hungry......

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Can't we all just get along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

Dracula
11-02-2012, 04:43 PM
LIE- No payment was made after August 2011 The one payment of roughly 1000.00 was in March 2012 after your desperate fire sale of bttf items.
A car for DCS was out of the question as I stopped working on your project after not being paid for nine months.
I'm not stepping to a new low Chad. You told me you were owed by the government for forcing you to work for so little in harsh conditions. Basically you couldn't hack it and wanted out.
Maybe you shouldn't have been buying cars and paying for what you already had.
I track everything Chad and keep notes on staying in contact during projects. You were dodging me for seven week periods. I finally caught up with you through facebook.
I was willing to work with you until I realized you had no way of paying for what we had done. Custom work to your specs isn't cheap.
That POS rotted engine was out and per our conversation I questioned its condition after inspection with you on multiple occasions with your response being to use it as it was.

Now you're proving that you're lying. You acknowledge a payment in March of 2012, yet you previously state that payments stopped in August of 2011. That's completely different than payments stopping, isn't it?

I told you not to rush for DCS when it became apparent that it was impossible to make the deadline.

Since the government was responsible for injuries to me that will last me for the rest of my life, I'd say that they are responsible for compensation. THEY were the ones that decided that they were done with ME; to slander my service in the Armed Forces is disrespectful to all those who have ever served.

You're also saying that I shouldn't have been buying cars in the USED CAR BUSINESS! Why don't you try running a Used Car Lot by NOT BUYING USED CARS? That sounds like a guaranteed way to make money...

The issue of dodging is one that can never be factually addressed; there is a lot of documentation that shows that I was in contact with you, but all the phone records and Facebook conversations don't always show up or remain. That will come down to a fruitless argument, so I won't further dignify it.

What I wanted done wasn't cheap, but expecting an instant payment of $12,000.00 is INSANE; especially if work hasn't been performed and the alternative is to lose BOTH of my DeLoreans.

My engine is fine and, if it were such a POS; how was I able to drive it for over 5,000 miles in 2012 alone? Where is the proof that you pulled it from the car?

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I feel like Peter Griffin sitting between Rush Limbaugh and Lois at the dinner table in that one episode of "Family Guy".

Ha. I haven't seen that in awhile.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:45 PM

Yeah really. This is better than the good ol carburetor thread.

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
All this sh!t sure does bring out the trolls doesn't it?

Kidding aside though, I like this being out in the open. It's kills rumors like a nuke bomb.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
DUDE..... as I stated above multiple times. You dropped off the map in august. Then I fought and fought you for a payment in March. What should I expect one small payment a year for ten years until it is paid off?

On the cars. Well if you don't have the money to spend in the first place...... You can't borrow borrow borrow in life.

You might as well "dignify" it as I kept EVERYTHING because I knew eventually you would step over the line.

instant payment of 12k? No I don't think so Chad. That was the partial balance owed after the last regular payment had not been made in 10 months minus a small payment in march that took two credit cards being denied before we were paid. Basically I was saying shit or get off the pot. I was nothing but good to you for over a year. I finally had enough and that is all there is to it.
I'm sure with a little digging I can find either a service order or a customers picture of your car and engine in the back ground. Regardless you were not willing to pay so what do you care. You never had an intention of paying and wanted to see if I would roll over for you.

Now you're proving that you're lying. You acknowledge a payment in March of 2012, yet you previously state that payments stopped in August of 2011. That's completely different than payments stopping, isn't it?

I told you not to rush for DCS when it became apparent that it was impossible to make the deadline.

Since the government was responsible for injuries to me that will last me for the rest of my life, I'd say that they are responsible for compensation. THEY were the ones that decided that they were done with ME; to slander my service in the Armed Forces is disrespectful to all those who have ever served.

You're also saying that I shouldn't have been buying cars in the USED CAR BUSINESS! Why don't you try running a Used Car Lot by NOT BUYING USED CARS? That sounds like a guaranteed way to make money...

The issue of dodging is one that can never be factually addressed; there is a lot of documentation that shows that I was in contact with you, but all the phone records and Facebook conversations don't always show up or remain. That will come down to a fruitless argument, so I won't further dignify it.

What I wanted done wasn't cheap, but expecting an instant payment of $12,000.00 is INSANE; especially if work hasn't been performed and the alternative is to lose BOTH of my DeLoreans.

My engine is fine and, if it were such a POS; how was I able to drive it for over 5,000 miles in 2012 alone? Where is the proof that you pulled it from the car?

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:52 PM

Kidding aside though, I like this being out in the open. It's kills rumors like a nuke bomb.

Flipping trolls.... What rumors have we successfully killed by the way? I don't care who knows. One person who is anything but creditable can't damage my reputation when I have 100 people that will stand up for me. Just saying.

stevedmc

What did you have for breakfast?

Jeff K
I'm sorry that you had an issue. As a business owner myself, sometimes judgement calls have to be made and clients are not happy.

I develop software for a living. I'm good at statistics and reasonable good and project management and budgeting.

My car (which i did most of the work myself) cost exactly twice as much as I budgeted.

Jeff

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I have 100 people that will stand up for me. Just saying.

Josh Brought me a speedometer dust cap to Decker's house and didn't even charge me for shipping.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Josh Brought me a speedometer dust cap to Decker's house and didn't even charge me for shipping.

Or for the cap. I didn't run your card. Little gift on me.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM

Well I did drive 451 miles. Our standard rate is 1.59 per mile so.....

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Flipping trolls.... What rumors have we successfully killed by the way? I don't care who knows. One person who is anything but creditable can't damage my reputation when I have 100 people that will stand up for me. Just saying.

Yikes.... Word. Man's makin' a point here.

Oh, btw, can I call you Saturday morning?

Edit: Josh and his man did a Fwd brake job on 1258 at Darrin's tec session and he was most accommodating concerning price, and even cut me a VERY generous deal on a Spec 01 exhaust system that I sadly declined. points for Josh in my book as well.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
DUDE..... as I stated above multiple times. You dropped off the map in august. Then I fought and fought you for a payment in March. What should I expect one small payment a year for ten years until it is paid off?

On the cars. Well if you don't have the money to spend in the first place...... You can't borrow borrow borrow in life.

You might as well "dignify" it as I kept EVERYTHING because I knew eventually you would step over the line.

instant payment of 12k? No I don't think so Chad. That was the partial balance owed after the last regular payment had not been made in 10 months minus a small payment in march that took two credit cards being denied before we were paid. Basically I was saying shit or get off the pot. I was nothing but good to you for over a year. I finally had enough and that is all there is to it.
I'm sure with a little digging I can find either a service order or a customers picture of your car and engine in the back ground. Regardless you were not willing to pay so what do you care. You never had an intention of paying and wanted to see if I would roll over for you.

I was mistaken, it wasn't $12,000.00 that you demanded. Here's what you said:

We must be paid off in full on this no later then tomorrow. We have time, materials and storage that we must be compensated for.

The total owed by tomorrow is $26058.82
If you can not pay this amount that we have been more then understanding about for some time please send the vehicle titles for us to use to settle the bill.
If this total is not remitted by tomorrow afternoon or titles overnight shipped with documentation I will be forced to submit liens for both car titles on both vehicles by the end of business tomorrow for a combined owed total of the $26058.82 and $23,000 in additional fees for storage costs of 50.00 per day per vehicle. The automatic car from 8/11 to present and the five speed from 12/11 to present.

stevedmc
Or for the cap. I didn't run your card. Little gift on me.

I was wondering about that. You really should charge me for that thing man. I just figured you were super busy and hadn't started invoicing yet.

But if its, free then thanks. Josh is officially okay in my book.

Delorean Industries
Yikes.... Word. Man's makin' a point here.

Oh, btw, can I call you Saturday morning?

That is fine. I will be in at 7 so any time after!

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I was wondering about that. You really should charge me for that thing man. I just figured you were super busy and hadn't started invoicing yet.

But if its, free then thanks. Josh is officially okay in my book.

Its free! I tried to make sure everyone there got a killer deal. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Btw, yall better print this stuff out if it means anything to you. 99% of the posts on this thread will be gone in a few hours.

I'm completely neutral between the two. Obviously something unfortunate went on between these two, but I had nothing to do with it and would like to remain friends on facebook with both of them.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Its free! I tried to make sure everyone there got a killer deal. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

Awesome.

Chad is going to hate me for saying this, but I'm pretty sure you just gained a customer. I was already impressed at the tech day but a $15 bribe never hurt anyone either.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Chad... you asked for worst case if you couldn't pay it. I charge to the penny what the state mandates for non payment on motor vehicle repairs. You skip on the bill and do not pay then I throw the book at you. It by all means put things into prospective for you that going through life making financial promising you could not keep ends badly.

By you signing off on and not paying the five speed storage bill per day of enclosed storage would have stuck. If you hadn't gone crazy on me (literally) and made payments to the set schedule you came up with there wouldn't have been a problem.

Tillsy
11-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Until merged with the comments scattered in the other thread, here's a direct link to Josh's explanation:

**THREADS MERGED-- MIKE***

Dracula
11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Chad... you asked for worst case if you couldn't pay it. I charge to the penny what the state mandates for non payment on motor vehicle repairs. You skip on the bill and do not pay then I throw the book at you. It by all means put things into prospective for you that going through life making financial promising you could not keep ends badly.

In what realm does demanding $26,058.82 for SERVICE WORK on a car that doesn't run and has NO ENGINE OR TRANS seem reasonable? The $23,000.00 in STORAGE cost is another matter. No DeLorean owner in their right mind would just say OK and pay that much money overnight.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
In what realm does demanding $26,058.82 for SERVICE WORK on a car that doesn't run and has NO ENGINE OR TRANS seem reasonable? The $23,000.00 in STORAGE cost is another matter. No DeLorean owner in their right mind would just say OK and pay that much money overnight.

Again you are taking it out of context.... This is plain and simple. You entered an agreement that you are financially obligated to. You strung me along and I took the appropriate actions required. If you leave your car somewhere in someones care and custody that person is entitled to compensation (regulated by the state) for the time it was there. Would I have ever perused this? No I didn't care. I was just trying to convey a message to you that stringing someone along for a year doesn't work. Hell Chad you and I both know if I wanted to be a prick about it I could have put a lien on both. Instead I offered to send you the five speed back to be nice. I'm starting to think I made a mistake.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm just trying to understand why I should be responsible for your poor choices. When an owner approaches me and says they can pay the bill then I trust them on it. I have a right to throw my arms up after being patient for a very long time.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Again you are taking it out of context.... This is plain and simple. You entered an agreement that you are financially obligated to. You strung me along and I took the appropriate actions required. If you leave your car somewhere in someones care and custody that person is entitled to compensation (regulated by the state) for the time it was there. Would I have ever perused this? No I didn't care. I was just trying to convey a message to you that stringing someone along for a year doesn't work. Hell Chad you and I both know if I wanted to be a prick about it I could have put a lien on both. Instead I offered to send you the five speed back to be nice. I'm starting to think I made a mistake.

You didn't do that to be NICE; you did that after I contacted a LAWYER. You say that I was "stringing you along for a year," yet you've flip-flopped on when payments were received and when they "stopped altogether." If you're going to change how things happened throughout the course of this and now claim to be taking a moral high-ground when you had previously attacked my character and attempted to discredit my services with the US Armed Forces, it just shows what your true character is.

I admit that I, mistakenly, understated the amount you demanded overnight as $12,000.00 when it was really over $26,000.00; which is an unreasonable amount.

So you expect people to believe that you tried to levy $49,058.82 on me to "prove a point" to me about responsibility?

I didn't make as frequent payments as I hoped, yes, because I had a business slump. I tried to work with you and, for awhile, did so until you abruptly demanded an unfeasible sum overnight. I had kept in contact with you and the longest that I was out-of-touch was the week when I went on vacation; from which, I returned to your demands and accusations of intentional avoidance. I don't know why you did this; perhaps because of the opportunity it presented to make a good deal of money off of me without having to do any further "work" on my cars.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 05:34 PM
You didn't do that to be NICE; you did that after I contacted a LAWYER. You say that I was "stringing you along for a year," yet you've flip-flopped on when payments were received and when they "stopped altogether." If you're going to change how things happened throughout the course of this and now claim to be taking a moral high-ground when you had previously attacked my character and attempted to discredit my services with the US Armed Forces, it just shows what your true character is.

I admit that I, mistakenly, understated the amount you demanded overnight as $12,000.00 when it was really over $26,000.00; which is an unreasonable amount.

So you expect people to believe that you tried to levy $49,058.82 on me to "prove a point" to me about responsibility?

I didn't make as frequent payments as I hoped, yes, because I had a business slump. I tried to work with you and, for awhile, did so until you abruptly demanded an unfeasible sum overnight. I had kept in contact with you and the longest that I was out-of-touch was the week when I went on vacation; from which, I returned to your demands and accusations of intentional avoidance. I don't know why you did this; perhaps because of the opportunity it presented to make a good deal of money off of me without having to do any further "work" on my cars.

This is such a joke. My first statement at the start talked about the bttf sell off you had trying to put money together after not making a payment for what was it nine months? I gave you an all or enough ultimatum after I let you jerk me around for an additional 120 days. How do you think I felt watching you not pay me as you publicly spent and spent and spent on everything minus the outstanding bill at DPI. Lets face the facts. You took a gamble thinking that when the time came you would be able to pull enough money together. Instead things went sideways and I was left holding the bill.

In regards to the government defrauding statement. You said it not me. I thought it was the second coming of Rowdy Gowdy honestly. Sorry but you are entitled to nothing imo. Its the military, some wear and tear is expected.

O sorry I forgot the lawyer part. I can't even begin to convey how much fun I had talking to that clown. Your own attorney said you didn't have a leg to stand on and I was dumbfounded by it. My attorney's listened to the taped transcript of the call and remarked that they couldn't believe he even passed the bar. My exact words to him "He can't afford to pay me so how is he going to pay you". I think you would be better off with a court appointed public defender for any future legal needs.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 06:13 PM
This is such a joke. My first statement at the start talked about the bttf sell off you had trying to put money together after not making a payment for what was it nine months? I gave you an all or enough ultimatum after I let you jerk me around for an additional 120 days. How do you think I felt watching you not pay me as you publicly spent and spent and spent on everything minus the outstanding bill at DPI. Lets face the facts. You took a gamble thinking that when the time came you would be able to pull enough money together. Instead things went sideways and I was left holding the bill.

What you saw me spend on was my BUSINESS. I didn't make much money at that time; enough to keep a roof over my head, but very little extra. You got impatient and went back on your word.

In regards to the government defrauding statement. You said it not me. I thought it was the second coming of Rowdy Gowdy honestly. Sorry but you are entitled to nothing imo. Its the military, some wear and tear is expected.

I never said I was defrauding the government. Now you're resorting to slanderous tactics and personal attacks.

O sorry I forgot the lawyer part. I can't even begin to convey how much fun I had talking to that clown. Your own attorney said you didn't have a leg to stand on and I was dumbfounded by it. My attorney's listened to the taped transcript of the call and remarked that they couldn't believe he even passed the bar. My exact words to him "He can't afford to pay me so how is he going to pay you". I think you would be better off with a court appointed public defender for any future legal needs.

I got a completely different response from my attorney. According to him, you were so garbled that he could barely hear a word that you said and left a long-winded message with an unintelligible phone number and were highly irrational. He said that he never had a conversation with you and NO ATTORNEY IN THE WORLD would tell the person they're retained against that their client doesn't "have a leg to stand on." The lies you're telling keep becoming grander and grander.

As for payment, he was on retainer to handle the divorce proceedings that I was waiting on to resolve before my money came in; the same money you WERE willing to wait for me to spend with you. Had you been more patient and decided to keep your word, you would have received what you were due. Only by changing the terms of our agreement did you bring this on yourself.

LEVY
11-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Just to be fair:

I'm done being nice about this. I'm not sure what sob story you fed Dave and Julee but it could hardly be accurate. I bent over backwards for you including taking care of a number of issues that were unknown with the car. Face it you bit off way more than you could chew and looked for a way out. I was a sucker for being a nice guy to you. I haven't talked to Dave or Julee since May 1st of 2011. Maybe I should send over the zip file of all of our conversations start to finish, the finished frame done and ready etc so they can see what kind of person they are dealing with.

O and on another note: A good way to get attention is not pretending your front grille was stolen off your car and having other owners take pity on you. When you showed up here with an extra grill I about flipped because I know Haney bought you one to be nice.

and my final thing to address: I'm done with you and your slanderous remarks regarding my company. Keep it up Chad and see where it gets you. I bend over backwards for my customer base and that is probably why I'm backlogged for years to come. I will post financial statements showing the 6500.00 total you paid towards the massive restoration invoice for the two cars. (that includes purchasing the auto car btw) and the ridiculous excuses you gave me after months of being in the dark as you said "the next payment is in the mail". Of course we stopped working on it! Just not soon enough! You stopped paying!

Dracula
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
The mods really need to move the posts from the other thread here so everyone interested can read the record in its entirety.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 06:36 PM
What you saw me spend on was my BUSINESS. I didn't make much money at that time; enough to keep a roof over my head, but very little extra. You got impatient and went back on your word.

I never said I was defrauding the government. Now you're resorting to slanderous tactics and personal attacks.

I got a completely different response from my attorney. According to him, you were so garbled that he could barely hear a word that you said and left a long-winded message with an unintelligible phone number and were highly irrational. He said that he never had a conversation with you and NO ATTORNEY IN THE WORLD would tell the person they're retained against that their client doesn't "have a leg to stand on." The lies you're telling keep becoming grander and grander.

As for payment, he was on retainer to handle the divorce proceedings that I was waiting on to resolve before my money came in; the same money you WERE willing to wait for me to spend with you. Had you been more patient and decided to keep your word, you would have received what you were due. Only by changing the terms of our agreement did you bring this on yourself.

That is worded incorrectly and I should have used quotations. Your attorney told us we didn't have a leg to stand on and I was doubfounded by that. I spoke to him on three out of four attempts to reach him. One time I left a detailed message with his office help. My attorney also has billed time and transcripts on the calls with him.

I think waiting a year was patient and your very public spending habits were our business as you owed us for services rendered. Further more I tried to work with you and said even fifty bucks here and there is better than nothing. I was more than understanding with you and obviously in the right because other wise I wouldn't go public about this after your recent remarks.

In closing I'm sorry we couldn't do business together and I was very excited to make your custom cars. I will be forwarding you the appropriate contact information via email if you would like to further discuss this with our attorney. Please note that any time you use will be billed to you accordingly. I advise you that your are accountable for what you say and that it is not taken as an opinion on here but as slander if you can't back it up. I have the facts in writing to back up our statements in full. Any further deformation of character statements or slanderous remarks pertaining to things you have no knowledge of will be met with immediate legal action from our end.

Thank you.

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Agreed please merge. Also chad please read my final statement on the other thread regarding any further comments. I will not stand for any slander against dpi and in all cases possible seek legal action false statements.

Reposting here to make sure you see it.

Thank you

Mike C.
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Threads have been merged.

-Mike

Delorean Industries
11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Thank you Mike and sorry this has spread to your forum.

opethmike
11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
My experiences with DPI have been very positive. There have been several times were Josh has offered advice on issues my car had experienced on here, and on Facebook.

This past winter, I decided to upgrade my car's engine with ported/polished cylinder heads, camshafts, and an exhaust system. Neither an inexpensive nor simple task. Josh provided excellent parts at what I feel were excellent prices. Parts arrived in a reasonable time frame, and when one particular set of parts (the cams) took longer than expected (only a few weeks), Josh was very apologetic and made up for it by sending me some engine dress up parts for free.

When I began the build of the engine, on numerous occasions, I needed technical assistance. Josh provided me with his personal cell phone number and stated I could call him at any time of day for any technical question I may have. He lived up to this promise. I particularly remember when it was time for me to perform the cam to crank timing, and I was on the phone with him as late as midnight. And he was more than happy to help out, and the assistance he gave me over the phone was invaluable in me successfully building my Spec 2 engine.

After the project was complete, Josh also provided input on how best to tune my self-engineered EFI system, and he did so for free.

I have spent thousands of dollars with DPI, and considering the quality of service, and parts, that I have received, I will not hesitate to do so again in the future.

Chris Burns
11-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Here is my 2 cents worth.

I haven't dealt with Josh personally, but after seeing him at Darren's tech day he seems like an awesome guy:rock_on:

Anyone who goes out of their way to go to someones house to do repairs, estimates, fuel pump replacement, and stays from dawn until dusk is top notch in my book. I have experienced his work (thanks to Darren!) and I was very impressed.

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 07:43 PM

And thank you Josh, for having the stones as a vendor to stand your ground and hash this out here in public. Lord knows you don't have better things to do.

Respect.

stevedmc
11-02-2012, 08:00 PM
And thank you Josh, for having the stones as a vendor to stand your ground and hash this out here in public. Lord knows you don't have better things to do.

Respect.

Steve has a date tonight with a pretty lady. He doesn't have time to read all the posts but he is amazed to see they are still bickering at it.

DeLorean03
11-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Typically, I do not comment on things like this.

Josh, from what I have observed on FB and here, your work is exemplary. You do some very respectful "tuner work" as I call it - upgrading things, making things more efficient, faster, and streamlined.

While I do very little business with taking my car to vendors (which I consider you one of the vendors - just for the record), your growing dedicated customer base speaks well for you, and I respect that.

As for this discussion/fight, I'm sorry to read and see it. Sucks to have this kind of stuff happen in our community. But it is what it is, and I am definitely a "watcher" looking in on this one.

DMCVegas
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
In regards to this thread..

http://i.qkme.me/3686kc.jpg

thirdmanj
11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Steve has a date tonight with a pretty lady....

Liar.

Iznodmad
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I've done business with every single vendor in existence, past and present. Not just purchasing parts, but having service done by four of them as well. It's no secret I am an extremely satisfied customer of Josh and DPI. He's gone above and beyond the call of duty to meet my expectations (even exceed them) and that's saying a lot from a "nit-picker" such as myself. I have talked with Josh extensively about projects
for my cars, lots of them custom, and I have a good idea of the amount of money it would take for the project Chad was wanting done. The amounts of money being discussed, from $12K-$28K wouldn't cover the cost of a project of this magnitude. I would also think a year would be reasonable amount of time to complete said project, assuming the one funding the project could pay the bill. To make an analogy, I think it's easy to look at a food buffet, and load up your plate being hungry, but only very few actually have the stomach to match what their eyes think they can eat. Now all we see is the after effects of an upset stomach and the leftover shit still clinging to the bottom of the toilet bowl. This episode shouldn't deter anyone from either trying or continuing doing business with Josh or DPI. Afterall, you can't please everyone and some people will never be happy no matter what you try to do.

opethmike
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I've done business with every single vendor in existence, past and present. Not just purchasing parts, but having service done by four of them as well. It's no secret I am an extremely satisfied customer of Josh and DPI. He's gone above and beyond the call of duty to meet my expectations (even exceed them) and that's saying a lot from a "nit-picker" such as myself. I have talked with Josh extensively about projects
for my cars, lots of them custom, and I have a good idea of the amount of money it would take for the project Chad was wanting done. The amounts of money being discussed, from $12K-$28K wouldn't cover the cost of a project of this magnitude. I would also think a year would be reasonable amount of time to complete said project, assuming the one funding the project could pay the bill. To make an analogy, I think it's easy to look at a food buffet, and load up your plate being hungry, but only very few actually have the stomach to match what their eyes think they can eat. Now all we see is the after effects of an upset stomach and the leftover shit still clinging to the bottom of the toilet bowl. This episode shouldn't deter anyone from either trying or continuing doing business with Josh or DPI. Afterall, you can't please everyone and some people will never be happy no matter what you try to do.

I couldn't agree more Darren. I have no problem at all proudly exclaiming what a satisfied customer of Josh's I am, as explained in my earlier post.

uhhair
11-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Let's be honest, is anyone surprised that the drama again is surrounding a certain discontented individual, now trying to sully the name of a vendor who has a pretty good reputation in the community? I'm not.

Dracula
11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Let's be honest, is anyone surprised that the drama again is surrounding a certain discontented individual, now trying to sully the name of a vendor who has a pretty good reputation in the community? I'm not.

You can believe what you want; however, I've made my interaction a matter of public record for all to know.

sadeeky
11-02-2012, 11:55 PM
I like French Toast.

I like french toast too!!

Shep
11-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Holy moly!! I didn't start all of that chaos, did I? That definitely was not my intention.No, this is just Chad being Chad. This seems to be a recent trend with him -- things that were done, over with, dead, forgotten, and everyone had moved on from are mentioned in passing, and suddenly he sees it as an opportunity to be a troll and act like an immature idiot for shiggles, refusing to back down until everyone again moves on, regardless of how illogical and mentally incompetent his reasoning is. If you look through his recent posts, you'll find plenty of examples of this kind of behavior dating back for months. He is acting now very much the same way that I gather Bill used to act, finding arguments where there really were none, and playing the victim whenever he gets a chance. Take that comparison at face value, however, since I have only heard about Bill's actions and have never actually come across them. If I hadn't heard Chad had been in the military and owned a multitude of cars, I would honestly think he's twelve years old and having hormonal issues. The former certainly is not true, but maybe the latter is. I don't know what kind of medical history Chad has, nor do I really care, but there is at the very least some mental age regression going on here in terms of hormonal outbursts such as this. Just my two cents.

Something tells me Chad is going to take the time to respond to this post. Quite frankly, if he does, I'm not even going to bother responding to him. If you look through his posts yourself, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about, and the huge quarrels he's started, this very much included. They speak for themselves, and destroy what little credibility he may have had in this childish bickering he's started. :smile:

11-03-2012, 01:37 AM
My $.02...

I formally met Josh when I dropped off VIN 001292 at his shop on our move out to Arizona. Since then, I have gotten to know Josh pretty well and he has become a good friend. Our friendship, though cultivated by the DeLorean, is not the only reason I like the guy. In all my dealings with him and his company, he has always acted professional and has treated me right. Never once have I felt that Josh was anything but honest and upfront, not to mention a pretty shrewd businessman. Our relationship, as it pertains to my vehicles maintenance and as it pertains to our friendship, is one of mutual respect. This is something we both earned from each other. Josh runs an extremely successful business, and it is not by accident.

Josh and I talk on the phone quite frequently; as my friend, I trust him explicitly and as a businessman, unconditionally. In one of our conversations, he mentioned to me how he was torn on how to handle a situation that was heading "south". I listened to what he told me and I offered my perspective. He remained positive on trying to find a reasonable solution to what seemed like a loosing proposition. I was amazed at how articulate he was in explaining the situation, as he never offered up anything that would compromise the integrity of this "customer." Though I was curious, I never asked. However, it has now come to my attention that this was the situation and the customer that he was having problems with. This thread parallels that conversation and it all makes sense...

"Dracula" can write what he wants, however, I don't buy it. And, to be quite honest, I don't believe many people will buy what "Dracula" is trying to sell. I would put my faith and trust in DPI and Josh Bengston before I would trust that used car salesman*. Furthermore, I believe that the reputation of DPI and Josh Bengston is unquestionable and find it insulting and appalling that "Dracula" does.

* A reference

I didn't make as frequent payments as I hoped, yes, because I had a business slump.

No excuse for not meeting your obligations.

I had kept in contact with you and the longest that I was out-of-touch was the week when I went on vacation.

See above; obligations weren't met, business is in a slump...but, let's pack up and go on a vacation(?) Who does that?

I have no respect for those that can't find a way to pay or hide from their debts. I understand hardships; I am not immune to them. However, when one incurs a debt and then incurs a hardship, but goes on vacation and then tries to avoid the person he owes money to, I question their priorities. I've dealt with people like this and there is always some reason why things got so out of hand, why they wouldn't pay the debt, why they couldn't call, why they couldn't stick to a payment plan, etc. Typically, this person then tries to turn the situation around; becoming unreasonable and ornery, all while realizing that they f**ked up, but they keep up a wall because they can't take ownership for their actions.

Respectfully,
- Joshua Schwartz

uhhair
11-03-2012, 02:08 AM
"Dracula" can write what he wants, however, I don't buy it. And, to be quite honest, I don't believe many people will buy what "Dracula" is trying to sell. I would put my faith and trust in DPI and Josh Bengston before I would trust that used car salesman*. Furthermore, I believe that the reputation of DPI and Josh Bengston is unquestionable and find it insulting and appalling that "Dracula" does.

Don't worry, I think 99.9% of the community agrees with this statement. No one believes him/trust him/takes him seriously. If you do, you should take your Delorean, list it on ebay (for $40k if it's worth $20k) and leave the community for good.

TTait
11-03-2012, 02:40 AM
(I'm a little surprised that the recording of the call with the lawyer has not been posted here... )

So Steve, how was the date? Does she like French Toast? I've been jonesing for a trip to Superior Grill this week - Take her there next time.

T

stevedmc
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
(I'm a little surprised that the recording of the call with the lawyer has not been posted here... )

So Steve, how was the date? Does she like French Toast? I've been jonesing for a trip to Superior Grill this week - Take her there next time.

T

What and where is superior grill?

The night was awesome and to top it off she mentioned a small problem with her car. The last few minutes of our date were great too because we got to work on a car together.

Mike C.
11-03-2012, 07:24 AM

No problem, Josh.

I've read through everything from start to finish, what Chad had to say, and Josh's answers.

The tough thing about having a small community like this is, when there are disputes about those who provide business, it is bound to eventually go public, as in this case. With that being said, I am going to weigh in with my opinion. I have no long standing relationship with either of you, having known Chad only from the forum, and knowing Josh also from the forum and the one time meeting him face to face last month at the tech day.

From the information posted here, I am sorry, but I have to give my vote to Josh at DPI, and here is why:

Chad, you OPENLY admitted you did NOT make a SCHEDULED payment after August, 2011.

Even though you DID make a one time payment on balance due in March of 2012 in the amount of "roughly $1,000.00", your 6 months of no-payments/promise to pay (or whatever reasons you told Josh) do not constitute scheduled payments on your account.

DPI has stated they, as a business, notified you of delinquent payments on your behalf, to which you admitted having hard times... in which DPI agreed to work with you, until it became obvious you were not paying on the account. Agreed upon as stated here:

Josh:

This means you are notified of a balance due on account due to NON-PAYMENT, plain and simple.

By not paying as promised in your original agreement, nor paying the debt "AS PROMISED" in your emails to Josh, you are in default of the original agreement. Asking ANY mechanic, or ANY business to hold off payments for months at a time and expecting them to re-honor the original contract after being notified of an attempt to collect a debt is beyond ridiculous.
DPI's acceptance of a payment 6 months later is not a guarantee of meeting the terms of the contract, but can be seen as a payment on the UNPAID BALANCE DUE on the account, especially after notification.

You wanted to know how does $26k sound fair on work that's not been done, how is it fair for the BUSINESS to store your vehicles for that time while the agreement you had made to not be fulfilled? IMHO, while to the naked eye it seems to be a huge fine, storing 2 cars at $50.00 per day is cheaper than most tow lots. Most garages will charge you $80 bucks per day.

Out of curiosity, IF the March 2012 one time payment was to be construed as a payment on account under your (Chad's) assumption of payments still being made, what happened to April, 2012 through October 2012's scheduled payments, if you were still making payments as you claim? That's an additional 7 months at this point of no payments, proving March's payment was a ONE TIME payment on balance due... not an attempt to continue a payment schedule.

opethmike
11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
This just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-vsTxKUkM

yellowmxwheels23
11-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Anyone else find it funny that Chad had a BTTF fire sale?

opethmike
11-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Anyone else find Chad funny?

There, I fixed it.

thirdmanj
11-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Anyone else find it funny that Chad had a BTTF fire sale?

Yeah I was a bit confused by that too. Is that why you hate BTTF so much Chad?

Shep
11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone else find it funny that Chad had a BTTF fire sale?Yeah I was a bit confused by that too. Is that why you hate BTTF so much Chad?I was thinking perhaps it meant a literal fire, as in Chad burned a bunch of BTTF shit with fire and sold the charred remains. Considering his disliking of BTTF, I can easily see him setting a blowtorch to a firing line of flux capacitors.

(pun fully intended)

krado94
11-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I've worked with Josh and DPI since I bought my 1st car in Sept 2008. He even offered to come look at the car with me to make sure I wasn't buying a piece of junk!!!! He was always fair and I had a complete understanding of what was being done. About $8k to 10k later my car was freshened up and I felt safe driving it. Whenever I had and issue, he is always available to help me. On my 2nd car I did alot more, stage 2 cams, dpi exhaust, lowered and lots more. After putting well over $25k into the car I knew exactly what was going on at all times. If I ever had a question he was always there to help. One time I my car wouldn't start after a sunday night car show, He answered the phone and walked me through getting my car started over the phone!!! My mechanical abilities are very limited and I would never be able to own a Delorean without his help.

Ryan King
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM

stevedmc
11-03-2012, 11:17 PM

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5609-Who-what-do-you-like-better-Josh-Chad-French-Toast-or-Turtles

TTait
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
What and where is superior grill?

The night was awesome and to top it off she mentioned a small problem with her car. The last few minutes of our date were great too because we got to work on a car together.

Sounds like a keeper - hope she works out or you!

Like I was saying - Superior Grill... http://batonrouge.superiorgrill.com/ I enjoyed the margaritas and Superior Platter...

Tom

(sorry for hijacking the thread guys - but I'd rather point a guy to a new eatery than watch another one self destruct over getting in too deep with a vendor.)

Shep
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
(sorry for hijacking the thread guys - but I'd rather point a guy to a new eatery than watch another one self destruct over getting in too deep with a vendor.)I'd hardly call one post a hijack. :tongue: Not to mention the fact that Chad seems to be done with this particular thread.

stevedmc
11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a keeper - hope she works out or you!

Like I was saying - Superior Grill... http://batonrouge.superiorgrill.com/ I enjoyed the margaritas and Superior Platter...

Tom

(sorry for hijacking the thread guys - but I'd rather point a guy to a new eatery than watch another one self destruct over getting in too deep with a vendor.)

Thanks for the advice. I'm not really sure where to invite her for a second date. She mentioned how she would like to learn to drive a manual transmission. I'm thinking that might be a topic starter for a second date.

She's a really good girl and doesn't drink (neither do I). So I don't really need any advice for drinks and such but the restaurant does sound like a good idea.

Jonathan
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
She's a really good girl and doesn't drink (neither do I). So I don't really need any advice for drinks and such but the restaurant does sound like a good idea.

I had about the best steak of my life at this place a few years ago.

http://www.crescentcitysteaks.com/

It's in New Orleans so probably not too far a drive from Baton Rouge (or maybe if your dates turn into entire days or a weekend).

I see their website doesn't show prices on the menu page... which you will be shocked when you do see them if you do go. If I'm not mistaken, the 'Ruth's Chris Steakhouse' chain modelled their restaurants after Crescent City Steakhouse. That was likely the second best steak I've ever had. They let the steak sizzle in butter just before it is brought to you. Your fork will go through that steak like it would through meatloaf and with no knife necessary.

Damn, this is making me hungry. I think I'll go make an omelette...

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 07:18 AM
We went to lunch yesterday and she actually asked me if I had ever been to Ruth Chris'. I said no but that I can usually make a better steak at home than most steak places.

I did mention Tezas De Brazil being my favorite steak place though. We might go there in the future if things work out.

I'm thinking I might invite her out for a Saturday of canoeing. I don't think she has ever seen alligators up close. Is it too soon for that?

I think going to the movies is lame and I'd much rather go do something where we get to talk like decent human beings.

We could also do a day trip to new Orleans one Saturday. I'm just trying to figure out if doing stuff like canoeing and new Orleans are too much. Should I keep things simple or would one of those things be ok?

SamHill
11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm thinking I might invite her out for a Saturday of canoeing. I don't think she has ever seen alligators up close. Is it too soon for that?

Alligators are fourth date.

Lotion in basket is fifth date.

Jimmyvonviggle
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I think the best advice is to take it slow. Canoeing is ok as long as it doesn't take too long to drive there. And when canoeing don't make it a whole day adventure, maybe 2hrs tops, followed by a lunch and that's it. The advice of " why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" applies to men as well. You have to keep them wanting more.

DMCVegas
11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Ask a hundred different people the same question, and you'll get a hundred different answers.

The truth of the matter is though that you really shouldn't be asking any of us what to do for your dates. You should be asking the person you're dating what appeals to them to find out your mutual interests and to discover new ones in order to learn about the other person. And that of course goes both ways. Obviously everyone needs to have certain social skills which you do, but beyond that just be yourself. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to act a certain way just to keep a person interested in you, or you have to keep stringing them along with incentives to keep seeing you, then they're just not the person for you.

Be you, Steve.

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Be you, Steve.

French toast.

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I think the best advice is to take it slow. Canoeing is ok as long as it doesn't take too long to drive there. And when canoeing don't make it a whole day adventure, maybe 2hrs tops, followed by a lunch and that's it. The advice of " why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" applies to men as well. You have to keep them wanting more.

Yeah. I'm fighting the urge to contact her today. I'm thinking I should wait until tomorrow to send her a txt and then maybe call her Wed or Thurs night to ask her out again.

This Chad vs DPI thread is the best thing to happen to me. Thanks guys.

thirdmanj
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
French toast.

That's a good idea Steve! Make her some French Toast!!

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
That's a good idea Steve! Make her some French Toast!!

I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to lay off the french toast stuff on facebook pretty soon. Suprisingly it doesn't seem to bother her though. I was planning to take a bath in french toast after the election but I've got enough sense to scratch that idea now.

thirdmanj
11-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to lay off the french toast stuff on facebook pretty soon. Suprisingly it doesn't seem to bother her though. I was planning to take a bath in french toast after the election but I've got enough sense to scratch that idea now.
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER- not a political question and if the answer is I don't want it! .... La la la, can't hear you!

Why after?

Ron
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Steve, Vegas gave you the best advice, be yourself!!!
Forget the steak and french toast BS, and go with the noodles!

=================

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER- not a political question and if the answer is I don't want it! .... La la la, can't hear you! :hihi2:

thirdmanj
11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Steve, Vegas gave you the best advice, be yourself!!!
Forget the steak and french toast BS, and go with the noodles!

Win.

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER- not a political question and if the answer is I don't want it! .... La la la, can't hear you!

Why after?

People get all political this time of the year. Instead of getting political, I decided to get french toasty.

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Ahhhhh I see. We look forward to your video!!

For the record: This is an awesome thread. Can we rename it "Troll's Paradise"?

I think you missed what I said earlier. I'm not taking a bath in toast since I don't want to scare anyone away.

This is an awesome thread but I see no real reason to rename it. Chad and Josh both like french toast and have girlfriends.

thirdmanj
11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I think you missed what I said earlier. I'm not taking a bath in toast since I don't want to scare anyone away.

This is an awesome thread but I see no real reason to rename it. Chad and Josh both like french toast and have girlfriends.

LoL, word.

DeLorean03
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
This is the best off-topic conversation I have ever seen here at DMCTalk. What a thing of beauty :).

Nicholas R
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Steve I just want you to know that because of you I have had french toast for breakfast both yesterday and today :wiggle::nana1::thumbup2:

Ron
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
This is the best off-topic conversation I have ever seen here at DMCTalk. What a thing of beauty :).

The thread was toast a long time ago...
Seemed like everyone bumped their noodles and I just couldn't figure out whether whether to cheer or whine.
:drummer:

Dangermouse
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Seemed like everyone bumped their noodles and I just couldn't figure out whether whether to cheer or whine.

Have you been working on that line all morning? :hihi2:

thirdmanj
11-05-2012, 12:35 PM

:hysterical:

He's trying to 1up Mike's epic "Chad letters". Hey, at least we all didn't all gang up to try hanging Chad.

(Ok that was terrible )

DeLorean03
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Seemed like everyone bumped their noodles ...

Did it happen to be on a porcelain sink - with it being Nov 5th and all :D ?

refugeefromcalif
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Steve I just want you to know that because of you I have had french toast for breakfast both yesterday and today :wiggle::nana1::thumbup2:

I'm eating french toast right now. :)

(Steve got it in my head and it wouldn't leave)...

George

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm eating french toast right now. :)

(Steve got it in my head and it wouldn't leave)...

George

I'm seriously wondering if I should lay off the french toast kick or not. She knows I've been eating the toast for a while now. I'm just wondering if it might get old with her.

Dangermouse
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Yes.

Women like variety. Throw in some waffles or pancakes every now or then.

stevedmc
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes.

Women like variety. Throw in some waffles or pancakes every now or then.

If only I could get my hands on some MR T cereal.

DMCVegas
11-05-2012, 05:42 PM
If only I could get my hands on some MR T cereal.

http://youtu.be/ffD1RlO87O4

Shep
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
If only I could get my hands on some MR T cereal.I dare you to try and make some homemade MR T cereal :biggrin:

TTait
11-06-2012, 01:40 AM
If your not sure what to do, follow the advice here and be yourself. It also doesn't hurt to have several options worked out - if you pick her up and suggest canoeing, and she is hesitant because she dressed up to go out - switch gears and do something else "spontaneous". It doesn't hurt though to have some options in the back of your mind...

Tell her a friend from CA built the new Ghost show over at the Old State Capital and take her over to see it, then have a little sushi at the place across the street at on top of the Shaw center at sunset overlooking the river.

Go over to Circa 1957 (Government st?) and just wander around looking a kitch - its bound to get you both talking about everything - great way to get to know her. There is also a cute sandwich cafe right there on in the back called Yvette Maries with a guy who plays banjo for tips.

Go for a bike ride along the river, or a Tigers game.

Dinner at Chimes.

In New Orleans consider going to Herb Saint for dinner - pricey but really nice food (save it for an anniversary).

Even if you think movies are lame, maybe that's in her comfort zone till she gets to know you better - and seriously - who doesn't like Bond? Bond on opening night, her date dressed like spy, and rolling out to the theater in a Delorean - c'mon - tell me she won't remember that for the rest of her life...

I spent a few months in town - you know it better than I - take her to a mix of spots you like - both off the beaten path and more popular. And ask her what she would like to do - let her take the lead at some point...

Dangermouse
11-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Don't forget to tell her that you are the most popular member (based on number of posts) on a world-wide forum for an entire marque that counts Will.I.Am, Zac Effron and the late Patrick Swayze as co-owners. That your car was an award winner at the last world-wide convention, beating out cars that cost 5 times as much. That you are renowned for your dress sense and iconic suit. That people in Europe and Australia fear your name.

(sorry, distortion of facts to suit my own ends must be in the air. Don't know why :deviltail:)

Probably best not to challenge her to a ghost pepper eating contest though, just yet.....

Jonathan
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Steve,

Be yourself... that's good advice. If you put out some image to her that you constantly have to be working on maintaining, eventually a day will come when you're back to being you. Make sure she likes you, not some image. Same goes for stuff you talk about. Tell her what is important to you, what your beliefs are, all that stuff. Don't fake it with stuff you're only pretending to enjoy. And yay, maybe leave out some of the noodle/french toast type stuff... for now anyway ;)

As for dates, I'd always much rather go for something you're not sitting across a table from her conducting what feels like an interview. Do something together where you don't have to keep grilling her with questions. Go for a walk or hike or bike ride. Again, you don't have to stare at each other all night in the interview... this gives you a reason to give each other a break, even if it's momentarily as you're both facing forward walking through a park. Go play volleyball, throw some horse shoes, play pool, go to a Dave and Busters even. That might work well cause you can go back to a table for a drink or dinner at any time you want.

Good luck.

stevedmc
11-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Don't forget to tell her that you are the most popular member (based on number of posts) on a world-wide forum for an entire marque that counts Will.I.Am, Zac Effron and the late Patrick Swayze as co-owners. That your car was an award winner at the last world-wide convention, beating out cars that cost 5 times as much. That you are renowned for your dress sense and iconic suit. That people in Europe and Australia fear your name.

Thats the problem. She might stumble onto DMCTalk one day and might not like some of the comments I have made. One of the benefits of being single, is you can be as weird as you want, without having to worry about what a wife/girlfriend might think. When you are no longer single, you have to be a little more careful about what you say and do.

I have a feeling should wouldn't be interested in me at all should she stumble across a thread on here called "Steve and Linda" (name has been changed to protect the innocent). I really do hope the mods don't spin this off into some other thread. I think the name of this thread is just perfect the way it is.

Although, I think there is still a thread out there called "Get Steve female companionship for DCS". There were some pretty interesting comments in there from people other than myself that could possibly get me in trouble.

stevedmc
11-06-2012, 06:00 PM
On another note, one thing I really like about her is I don't think she is looking for someone to impress her. She doesn't seem to be materialistic at all and is a Christian like me. I'm a pretty sorry example of a Christian but she's a really good girl. (hope I don't get banned for using a religious word on here).

I'm also doing my best to keep the Delorean parked these days and try to only drive the 2001 Saturn when I'm around her. I don't want her to think I am trying to show off or anything.

Mike C.
11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Crazy question, what does she like to do?

refugeefromcalif
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
One of the benefits of being single, is you can be as weird as you want, without having to worry about what a wife/girlfriend might think. When you are no longer single, you have to be a little more careful about what you say and do.

I have to disagree with this.
If you meet the Right person, they either Enjoy, Contribute or, Don't Care if you're being/acting Weird.

Go for it Steve!

Just my .02. :D

George

SamHill
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm also doing my best to keep the Delorean parked these days and try to only drive the 2001 Saturn when I'm around her. I don't want her to think I am trying to show off or anything.

It is very distracting. Minimize the Delorean and accentuate your great mechanical abilities, that's the attraction.

stevedmc
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Crazy question, what does she like to do?

Well, aside from stuff at church, one of her interests is rock climbing of all things. She's just a big kid like me. Its pretty awesome.

thirdmanj
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Well, aside from "stuff" at church....

Ooooo kinky!!!

Jonathan
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Thats the problem. She might stumble onto DMCTalk one day and might not like some of the comments I have made.

Just putting this out there, but I think many people all of us know ourselves in "real life" would be pretty shocked to read many of the things on this forum. Pretty much just read any thread that isn't in the 'General DeLorean' category and there would be no shortage of embarassment for every one of us.

I pretty much only know most of my local Ontario owners, Dave and Julee, and a few others in reality, but definitely not Steve, James, Dermot, Chad, Mike, Ron, etc., etc. I have rarely ever met a car guy or DeLorean guy in person that wasn't an awesome friend, or helper, or fan. But I cringe thinking what someone that knows Chad outside of the DeLorean world, whether it be his family, friends, whatever would be thinking after reading this thread or the "do you like Chad or French Toast poll" one. I know it is the Internet and it has it's own bizarre set of rules if you will, but there is exactly ZERO about any of these threads that makes them any different than your average school yard bully.

cybercusp
11-06-2012, 09:29 PM
If you meet the Right person, they either Enjoy, Contribute or, Don't Care if you're being/acting Weird.

Go for it Steve!

George

I agree.

Shep
11-06-2012, 10:58 PM

Go for it Steve!

GeorgeYou have an awesome wife :smile:

On another note, one thing I really like about her is I don't think she is looking for someone to impress her. She doesn't seem to be materialistic at all and is a Christian like me. I'm a pretty sorry example of a Christian but she's a really good girl. (hope I don't get banned for using a religious word on here).

[...]
One of her interests is rock climbing of all things. She's just a big kid like me.And you have an awesome girlfriend :smile:

In all seriousness, I am not dating at the moment, but I am reading every post of this thread since the topic changed to relationships and am absorbing all the advice shared so far. I should probably be taking notes or something, but I have to say, I have never seen a more civilized, honest, helpful, and heartfelt discussion on any forum in the existence of ever than this thread. Well done guys. Give yourselves a pat on the back and a round of applause. This is undeniable proof that decency and humanity is alive and well on the internet! :bigclap:

stevedmc
11-06-2012, 11:42 PM
And you have an awesome girlfriend :smile:

I do? As far as I know me and her are just friends.

Mike C.
11-07-2012, 06:33 AM
I do? As far as I know me and her are just friends.

... for NOW!

If you really like her, just let her get to know the real you. She's already willing to go places with you, so that's a great start to begin with. Since she likes doing things like rock climbing and being a big kid, don't overlook the almighty power of a good game of mini golf and a nice dinner at Ruths Chris. Shows you're not afraid to let your hair down. I know you said you can cook a mean steak, and one day she may let you cook it, but I suggest taking her to some place you know she likes.

Tell her you want to know everything about her. Make the night conversation about HER interests and likes. And for God's sake... LISTEN to every word she says. Don't just nod, and don't turn the conversation into stories about you at every turn.

If you're afraid you are going to forget about what to talk about, don't be afraid to jot some things down.

Even ask to sit next to her in church. Just be honest, sincere, and polite. Watch her signals.

stevedmc
11-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Even ask to sit next to her in church. Just be honest, sincere, and polite. Watch her signals.

I'm pretty sure this is going to open up a can of worms (and possibly get me banned for a religious post) but we sometimes do sit next to each other at church. Proof is at 1 min and 50 seconds in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4a2TYgUB54w#t=109s

Mike C.
11-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Aw, she's cute! Good job eyeballing the camera the whole time :D

And no, I don't call that a religious post, just a video of you singing in church. You're ok.

stevedmc
11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Aw, she's cute! Good job eyeballing the camera the whole time :D

And no, I don't call that a religious post, just a video of you singing in church. You're ok.

It might look like I'm eyeballing the camera but I'm not. I'm one of only two or three people that actually look at our director.

DMCVegas
11-07-2012, 07:55 AM
... for NOW!

If you really like her, just let her get to know the real you. She's already willing to go places with you, so that's a great start to begin with. Since she likes doing things like rock climbing and being a big kid, don't overlook the almighty power of a good game of mini golf and a nice dinner at Ruths Chris.

Agreed. Also don't bother with this whole waiting To call her B.S. simply to try and make her more fond of you. That's just more mind games assholes play with one another. If you had a good time doing something together, just let her know. And if you'd like to do something together again, just let her know, and ask her permission to do something together again. Worst case scenario is she says no, or starts to get into trying to play mind games with you if she's that kind of person. If so, you will have saved yourself ALLOT of headaches. Trust me. However if she likes you back, this will also show her that you're above all the fake crap and are an straightforward person.

Since you're also keen on music, here's a classic that I think sums this all up nicely.http://youtu.be/gYcR77FSUVs

stevedmc
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM
So tonight is the night I call her up and ask her on another date. She mentioned rock climbing the other night so I'm thinking I should call her up and somehow suggest that for Friday night.

Jimmyvonviggle
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Good luck here is some motivational music.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alFlaMC2b3c

dhaney
03-02-2013, 04:16 PM

I was just skimming along and ran into this.....

I can vouch for this as being 100% accurate. I met Chad at DCS-Vegas knew he was a soldier and stationed in Iraq seems to be a nice young man a bit odd perhaps but generally a nice person... One day I was ordering parts from Dave @ DMCMW on the day they were dealing with Chad over the stolen grille... I felt a desire to help him out and had DMCMW pay for the grille from my credit card. Dave & Julee can verify...

If I were to find out that I (and Dave & Julee) were duped by a dirty dealer... I'd be VERY PISSED...

fwiw.. I have always gotten good service from DPI... In fact I fired up my car this week for the 1st time since hibernation season started... Josh did the tune a couple of years ago... it started easy and the idle is ROCK SOLID @ 750 RPM... if course I always pay my bills and stay on top of my service...

Dan
vin 03254