PDA

View Full Version : Today in Delorean History

SamHill
11-07-2012, 10:19 AM
...would be a neat feature. Nearly every day could be populated with some milestone, I'm sure.

Nicholas R
11-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a cool project. You should take it on! :D

SamHill
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a cool project. You should take it on! :D

Don't you want it done by someone competent?

My last bright idea, a VIN wiki, was spammed into obliteration

Jonathan
11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
With or without BTTF references?

It is of course right now the week Marty was back in 1955 trying to figure out how to get his parents together...

SamHill
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
With or without BTTF references?

It is of course right now the week Marty was back in 1955 trying to figure out how to get his parents together...

I think you can plug a few of those dates in (movie premiere dates) without going into the movies themselves. If you make it, you're the boss.

Dangermouse
11-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I think factual dates would be appropriate and leave the fictitious movie dates to other fan sites.

Delorean history, not BTTF history.

Tillsy
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
That's a shame because today is THE day, your time, back in 1955 that the clock tower was struck ;)

ccurzio
11-12-2012, 06:53 PM
The problem with this is that since the company's history was so short, there's not a whole lot you can reveal that A) isn't already known, or B) wouldn't get repetitive after the first time it's noted.

SamHill
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
The problem with this is that since the company's history was so short, there's not a whole lot you can reveal that A) isn't already known, or B) wouldn't get repetitive after the first time it's noted.

Like when grand delusions was released, or the gold faucets memo, or Bill Collins's departure, or the involvement of Guigaro, or the kapac purchase, or when they started the qac's, or jzd's personal life leading up to the firm or the involvement of legend industries or when the crash tests commenced or the first safety car or the date of acquittal or the content of countless memos that have been sold from dmcseller, or all the dates surrounding the factory, or when the talks broke down in puerto rico or all the dates from haddad's account, or the dates that dmcmw started, or when the gold delorean rolled into a bank showroom or when johnny carsongot trapped in the car or ace frehle tried to outrun the cops in brooklyn or when the last D was sold at auction from the factory...

Off the top of my head, to say nothing of what a creative person could do with a little intellectual rigor. What happened from 1975-1985 could fill volumes, and there's still things we do not know. Even if we do know them, sometimes it is just fun to be reminded. Anyway, I'm not going to do it. But there is a very rich history here, and things yet to be discovered.