PDA

View Full Version : General DMC 6419 interior rebuild album

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:17 AM
For those interested, i have talked to some who wanted to see the progression, I thought it would be easiest to repost the photos in one place. Showing the rebuild from the starting of the dynamat to the end process. Hope you get inspired from my photos as i have been from all of yours.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:19 AM
more of the rebuild, finish dynamatt, design cover for 10 " sub and amp rack which is now living in the trunk.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:29 AM
repositioned the computers and lambada to free space for the sub, sealed off the cubby with mdf and spray foam then dynamatted the inside and outside. finished the new center console fiberglass painted and new window switches with new relays for the controls.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:30 AM
the final reveal drop me a pm if you have any questions on how i did anything.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
here are the photos I need to get more photos of the interior at night when all the special led lights are on. The center display under the ipad lights up, special leds are behind the side pannels where the old 4x10 speakers use to be and throw light and pattern on the back wall, the lights in the center console light up, foot well leds and lights along the bottom of the doors, in the amp rack all the cross overs light up, and the battery compartment is back lit.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
forgot about the vent replacements. Sealed off the front openings in the vent box behind the stereo, cut off the ends, and epoxed a plexi plate against it and rtv around the edges for a full seal. Then bought new vent tubing from the parts store Napa I think. 14 bucks for 6 feet, Took vents from an old BMW cut holes in the knee pads, put the new click vents in and re attatched the new tubes to the vent box and outlets. With the new foam and leather they look very similar to the vents in the EV Delorean. Which is what gave me the idea in the first place. Now the vent system is more powerful and no air loss in the system.

protodelorean
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Nice work! Thanks for posting the photos. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
a lot of the inspiration came from your design. Thank you .

Tamir A.
11-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Car looks great! Very cool mods. Look forward to seeing it in person one day.

T.

jfirios
11-08-2012, 05:56 PM
where in LA are you? Don over at DMC Cali posted photos of the back of the car all lit up with the new break lights and the DeLorean letters back lit. Let me know where you are at and I can drive it over.

jackb
11-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Wow. Stunning. :aniclap: