PDA

View Full Version : DMCH Carpet Set

pezzonovante88
11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
One of the POs of my car replaced the carpets with what I was told to be the DMCH kit. They're okay, but they really don't fit very well. I'm sure it's partly the installation, but the whole thing seems to be too big. It's loosely installed, but it doesn't fit snugly over areas like the storage door behind the driver's seat as if the carpet is too large and baggy. Anyone else have the same issue?

OverlandMan
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
One of the POs of my car replaced the carpets with what I was told to be the DMCH kit. They're okay, but they really don't fit very well. I'm sure it's partly the installation, but the whole thing seems to be too big. It's loosely installed, but it doesn't fit snugly over areas like the storage door behind the driver's seat as if the carpet is too large and baggy. Anyone else have the same issue?

Curious to see the responses here. I'm in the market for a new carpet set and I'm currently looking at different vendors.

DMCMW Dave
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I'd be curious to see if it is really a DMCH kit that the first poster is talking about.

We have not seen that problem, and I've had no complaints, but I've seen some other vendor kits that were kind of sloppy. You can tell them apart from the back, the DMCH kit parts are molded (on a mold made from a real floor pan) and the others are stitched together.

Delorean Industries
11-11-2012, 06:07 PM
It is all about who does the install with the Dmc kits.

OverlandMan
11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
It is all about who does the install with the Dmc kits.

Do you sell carpet sets?

Delorean Industries
11-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Do you sell carpet sets?

I just install the dmc kits after modifying a few things for fitment.

pezzonovante88
11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I'd be curious to see if it is really a DMCH kit that the first poster is talking about.

We have not seen that problem, and I've had no complaints, but I've seen some other vendor kits that were kind of sloppy. You can tell them apart from the back, the DMCH kit parts are molded (on a mold made from a real floor pan) and the others are stitched together.

True. The thought had occurred to me that it isn't a DMCH set. The footwell area fitment is fine, but the vertical board between the seats and the rear deck is quite poor.

dmc6960
11-16-2012, 04:22 PM
True. The thought had occurred to me that it isn't a DMCH set. The footwell area fitment is fine, but the vertical board between the seats and the rear deck is quite poor.

Pictures? Its probably all in the installation. The original carpet on that wood board was stapled in place. If that is still the case on your car (instead of glue) it should be relatively simple to pull them all out and reposition the carpet. If it has been glue in place though it may prove difficult to remove without damaging it.

DeloreanJoshQ
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I installed a DMC Carpet set a couple of months ago and it turned out great for me.

Many of the pieces come with extra material so as long as you take your time, you really can't go wrong (measure twice, cut once).

I completed the carpet replacement over the course of a few nights.

The quality is very good and the pre-molded pieces are a plus! The vinyl trim also is high quality and looks good also.

My two cents.