PDA

View Full Version : My Movie-Replica Car

Dracula
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Now, for all those who remember the old DMCTalk site, they know me as being extremely critical of BTTF replicas. So, now that I'm building a replica of the Bluesmobile from "The Blues Brothers" I wanted to share some of my work and progress, as well as the fact that I hold myself to the same standards. Now, a the Bluesmobile is notably easier than a BTTF car; after all, a little black-and-white paint and you're 95% done, which is why I wanted to show the other 5%.

The 8-Track player seen in the movie:

The 8-Track player I've acquired:

The 14o MPH Police Speedometer highlighted in the chase scene:

The 14o MPH Police Speedometer temporarily housed, for the fun of it, in my non-conversion Dodge:

More updates will follow, for all those interested. For those bent on revenge, now's your chance.

tyb323
06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
This car clearly isn't screen accurate. The lack of giant megaphone is a dead giveaway and that 8 track player is 2 milimeters right of where it was in the movie!!!!

:tongue:

Dracula
06-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Ah, but for the speaker to be accurate, the car can't have a rear window.

dvonk
06-26-2011, 11:44 PM
the odometer CLEARLY shows the wrong mileage!! :rant:

Renee_1632
06-26-2011, 11:58 PM

Neither can a BTTF DeLorean. Lose the window! :P

Dracula
06-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Neither can a BTTF DeLorean. Lose the window! :P

Or I could just omit the speaker, like I intend to do.

T_Stanley
06-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Not to mention the gas gauge in the screen shot clearly shows a full tank, while yours shows an empty tank!

Dangermouse
06-27-2011, 07:54 AM
And in one scene it show the 8-track, then it shows a 7-track, and then back to an 8-track.

Which one is screen accurate :thumbup2:

SIMid
06-27-2011, 06:23 PM
this car clearly isn't screen accurate. The lack of giant megaphone is a dead giveaway and that 8 track player is 2 milimeters right of where it was in the movie!!!!

:tongue:

*lol*

valdez
06-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Well then?

Get rid of the window. Who gives a rats ass about the 140mph speedo when you don't even have the big ass horn? Better have lots of dents too. If it is not a total POS when you are done then you haven't accomplished anything. :thinkin:

This is just my 2 cents of course.

Dracula
06-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Well then?

Get rid of the window. Who gives a rats ass about the 140mph speedo when you don't even have the big ass horn? Better have lots of dents too. If it is not a total POS when you are done then you haven't accomplished anything. :thinkin:

This is just my 2 cents of course.

I've considered the speaker, but I want to be able to drive the car and there's no way that the speaker will stay on in the wind.

In the end, it's no different than a Part 1,2, or 3 DeLorean in terms of which features you choose, and I choose without speaker.