PDA

View Full Version : Three Deloreans Found in A Warehouse

lazabby
06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
I spent some time looking at three Deloreans located in a warehouse in Alvin Texas. All three were gray automatics. All have grooved hoods and no gas flap. All have the clock that came with the ’81 cars. Apparently they were all purchased at or about the same time. The VINs are close to one another. Two have not been started since about 2003. One has not been started since about 2006. For all of them, except for headliners, they appear to be in pretty good shape cosmetically. I noticed no discernable dents, cracked windows or cracked binnacles. Two appear that they have been stored indoors for all of their lives and the other appears to have been outdoors a little but nothing severe. For all three cars, the struts, tires and headliners need to be replaced and the fuel system and fluids cleaned out and replaced. Probably the batteries need to be replaced also. Tires on them look okay (one was flat) but they will need to be replaced since they are several years old.

VIN 6190 is a gray automatic with 7,114 miles. It was last inspected in 2003. It has Yokohama tires. It has the plastic overflow tank. Interior was in pretty good shape. The headliner panels on the doors were removed for some reason but they were behind the seats.
VIN 6398 is a gray automatic with 31,628 miles. It has Goodyear tires on it but I don’t know if they are the original Goodyear tires or not. This car is the roughest of the three. Some minor cracking in the seats. The cable to the trunk is broken but the trunk was open. There appears to be some rust underneath but appears to be surface rust.

VIN 6642 is a gray automatic with 22,140 miles. It was last inspected in 2005. Has a grooved hood. The radio was replaced with a SONY but I didn’t see a cd player. It has a metal overflow tank. The exhaust tips have been replaced with the exhaust tips like the ’83s have. I didn’t notice any rust issues.

The owner would like to sell all three together. She hasn’t put a price on them but will take a “reasonable” offer for them. For more information contact Dennis at 832-640-5608.

The pictures are various pictures of the cars. I tried loading them on order of the VIN description above but I don't think they loaded in the same order.

One clarification - They would like to sell all three cars together but appear to be open to sell them individually. Give Dennis a call.

louielouie2000
06-30-2011, 12:14 AM
I wish I had the funds to get whichever VIN this one is:

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1590&d=1309139500

Is that the same car which has the ground effects, by the way?

As far as values on these cars, my guess is anywhere between $7-$10k. Their frames, bodies, and interiors are all in tact and okay shape. The surface rust on the one frame is a non issue. You can tell it's extremely light & non-structural.

lazabby
06-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I wish I had the funds to get whichever VIN this one is:

That's VIN 6190

Farrar
07-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Where in Texas are these? There's a guy here in Southeast Louisiana looking for a D -- I want to turn him on to these in case one of them is in driving range and he wants to go see it.

Farrar

Citizen
07-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Where in Texas are these? There's a guy here in Southeast Louisiana looking for a D -- I want to turn him on to these in case one of them is in driving range and he wants to go see it.

Farrar

These cars are in Alvin Texas, about 25 miles south of Houston.

DMCH James
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
We're very familiar with all three of these cars, having been good friends with the now deceased owner of them. We serviced all three since the late 1980s. If anyone is *seriously* interested in knowing the history of these cars as we know it, email me.

James

DMCH James
07-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I've been advised that I at this time I can't release any information on the cars without the consent of the current owner. Sorry.

James

sean
07-21-2011, 07:58 AM
If you have serious interest in the cars please call the number provided in the first post.

videobob
08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I am seriously interested, I gave them a call, but he doesn't have a price in mind, waiting for offers...not in a hurry.
Seems fishy.
I am ready to buy all three but are they ready to sell?

lazabby
08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
They want to sell. Just waiting on a good offer. Make them an offer.

DMCH James
08-16-2011, 08:57 AM
A personal inspection of these cars - a good idea for any DeLorean purchase - is recommended before any purchase offer is made.

James

sean
08-28-2011, 09:34 AM
If you have serious interest in the cars please call the number provided in the first post.

Just a reminder.

SProfita
06-18-2012, 02:43 AM
did these finally sale, if so was it a member that got them? those urban barn finds are interesting and how I found mine...

lazabby
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM
did these finally sale, if so was it a member that got them? those urban barn finds are interesting and how I found mine...

About three or so weeks ago I spoke with the original person I met when I went to look at the cars. He stated that as of August of last year he no longer worked for the person who owned the car. He didn't appear to be happy with the owner as he brought several good offers to the person but that person could not make a decision on selling them. Also the seller couldn't find the titles. I suspect that the seller is not too motivated to sell the cars. As far as my contact was concerned, the cars are still in the warehouse rotting away.

SProfita
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
dang! almost 30 yrs old could surely get titles! hmmmm....

Citizen
06-23-2012, 12:16 PM
dang! almost 30 yrs old could surely get titles! hmmmm....

Well, you know how slow the DMV works, government entity and all.

Justin51982
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I called the number today and left a message. If the cars don't have a title, I am OK with that because it is something that is easy to handle for me in a roundabout way.

Anyway, we will see if he calls back, if so I will update the thread. If I can pick one up for a decent deal, I might kick my MG or one of my Trabant's out of the Garage for it. Would be a fun project.

lazabby
07-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I called the number today and left a message. If the cars don't have a title, I am OK with that because it is something that is easy to handle for me in a roundabout way.

Anyway, we will see if he calls back, if so I will update the thread. If I can pick one up for a decent deal, I might kick my MG or one of my Trabant's out of the Garage for it. Would be a fun project.

See my previous post. The guy no longer works for the woman selling the cars. He may not return your call. He wouldn't give me the woman's telephone number. But who knows, you might be able to do something.

Justin51982
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
OK, So Dennis called me back and explained the situation.

The woman who had the cars inherited them when her husband passed. Dennis is a law enforcement officer and is just a nice guy who was trying to help her. There are a lot of issues regarding the family and he said that if he could help and felt anyone getting involved with the parties and the vehicles would be put in a bad situation.

He doesn't have connections really anymore but he kept my number and said if things go the way they have been, then the cars could perhaps eventually end up in a police auction and he would let me know then.

He was a really nice guy to talk to though.