PDA

View Full Version : Seat Heaters

Ashyukun
06-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm having new covers put on 16655's seats, and I'm really wanting to have seat heaters installed at the same time. Unfortunately, the area on the seats where they'd go is roughly 8" wide- and pretty much EVERY seat heater that I've found is 10-11" wide, and you can't trim down the width.

Has anyone else had seat heaters installed? And if so, what kind did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks!

SamHill
06-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm having new covers put on 16655's seats, and I'm really wanting to have seat heaters installed at the same time. Unfortunately, the area on the seats where they'd go is roughly 8" wide- and pretty much EVERY seat heater that I've found is 10-11" wide, and you can't trim down the width.

Has anyone else had seat heaters installed? And if so, what kind did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks!

The folks that have Spyder 550 Replicas have the same problem. VERY narrow seats. (They really need the heaters as the car has no heating system at all.) I believe they all go to motorcycle applications to find something that fits.

Ashyukun
06-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I picked up a set of seat heaters that I THOUGHT could be trimmed to size (they're 11" side, the center section of our seats is about 8" at its narrowest), but it turns out only the length can be trimmed, not the width. :banghead:

However, I did call up the company and talk to them, and according to them at least (we'll see what my upholstery guy says...) as long as there's no metal bars in the seat, the heaters can be installed over fold/humps in the seat, and you can cut holes for the listings in them... so they may work.

I did find a site that has 9" wide heaters... but they're twice what I paid for the current ones I've got... :/