PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Hank interviewed with his Deloreans:

Chris Burns
12-01-2012, 08:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgS81pIX6YY

OverlandMan
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Man those seats and steering wheel make me see red. To each his own.

Nicholas R
12-02-2012, 12:18 AM
He said that this version of the PRV was exclusively DeLorean? I suppose there are a few small things since it's not a front engine car, and maybe some of the plumbing is a bit different, but otherwise isn't it identical to the Volvo 760?

DeLorean03
12-02-2012, 08:29 AM
My understanding is the Volvo 760's PRV is identical to the DeLorean's with the exception of the K-Jetronic and lambda system. I'm sure there's more details than that, but the DeLorean's PRV is not exclusive to just our cars.

Kenny_Z
12-02-2012, 10:20 AM
It's odd, I like the look of the silvered out front fascia but the rear looks weird without the big black stripe. I also like the rub strips removed from the site but I'd have to look for a way to flush mount the side markers.

BABIS
12-02-2012, 10:31 AM
the Delorean PRV has the alu squared oil cup used only for Renault R30 and Alpine A310, and it has the crankcase with engine mountings used only by the Alpines..
the K-jet is the US-catalyzed version, IIRC the euro cars version wasn't catalyzed..

Rich
12-02-2012, 10:52 AM
This clip aired here in the San Francisco area yesterday within DW-TV's latest Drive It! show as their Vintage segment. Thanks for posting the entire clip in good format. This weekly TV series is produced in Germany and exported with English over-voicing. "Vintage" segments in previous weeks have featured the Bentley T2 and the MG-TC so the DMC-12 is in good company.

Tip of the hat to Wolfgang Hank. In general the DMC-12 history/accuracy level here is fairly high regarding the car's original design, handling and relative ease of upkeep. We see the example he's driving has many mods.

First time seeing a trick power-remote for the gas flap in the hood.

pezzonovante88
12-02-2012, 12:17 PM
That was pretty good - thanks for posting it. Though, I wish he chose to use a more-or-less stock DeLorean to give a more accurate demonstration of the car. But, I do like the silver front-end, though.

Nicholas R
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
The electronic gasflap is cool, but man I hope he was wrong when he said it could only be opened electronically. I could definitely see someone opening it manually not knowing and breaking the mechanism.

thirdmanj
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Es ist etwas kühl über das Hören der Geschichte der Delorean in deutscher Sprache.