06-27-2011, 04:44 PM
I'd like to do a tech session focusing on the basics:
- Oil Changes
- Brake/Coolant flushes
- Lubing things that need to be lubed
- Blinker fluid fill and flush
- Muffler Bearing replacement
- Brake inspection / pad replacement / etc
- Stuff I'm forgetting (which is why this could be useful!)

Anyone else interested? What else could we add to this? When would be a good time?

Freeside is available, but if someone else wants to host, that's fine too!

--buddy

sean
06-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I think Eric has been itching to host one and if not Eric maybe Derek would be up to it, both have put on great sessions in the past. As for me, wrestling is over til November so I'm pretty much wide open with a booked Saturday here and there.

Ryan
06-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Depending on when you would want to do it, I can gladly offer up my place for the next session. I'll wait and see if Derek or Eric wants to do it though because I don't have as many tools or a lift at my place. I do have a really big driveway and a two car garage though. I'm in conyers, so the offer is there if you guys want to take me up on it. If we did it at my house i suppose i'd have to show up though...

DL4567
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Anywhere is just fine with me. If it's Eric's or Ryan's that's great. If nothing works out though... my place is always available.

Dangermouse
06-27-2011, 11:52 PM
. If we did it at my house i suppose i'd have to show up though...

I don't know about that. The last time, you destroyed the whole DMCTalk website, so you could claim "you didn't have the address";)

Anywhere is just fine with me. If it's Eric's or Ryan's that's great. If nothing works out though... my place is always available.

Seriously, nothing against Eric or Ryan, but if it's going to be in our summer heat, Dereks covered bays can't be beat.

Good idea for a subject Buddy. I'd like to know all the grease spots too.

One of these days I guess I need to host one too. Maybe in the fall.

DeLorean03
06-28-2011, 09:58 AM
I'd like to do a tech session focusing on the basics:

- Blinker fluid fill and flush

Um.....D:

Am I reading this right?

sean
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Um.....D:

Am I reading this right?
What? you've never replaced that? You better get on it before your lights start failing.

I aint gonna lie, I like having it at Derek's place. Lift + 3 bays + plenty of room + convenient location(to me :evilgrin:) = great spot to have a tech session. No pressure D-man I just like your spot.

nullset
06-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know if our cars take Class 3 blinker fluid? I think the PO of my car used Class 2 for the passenger side reservoir, which explains why those lights are a little bit too slow.

I can't find the drain plug or I'd just go ahead and flush it.

--buddy

Ryan
06-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know if our cars take Class 3 blinker fluid? I think the PO of my car used Class 2 for the passenger side reservoir, which explains why those lights are a little bit too slow.

I can't find the drain plug or I'd just go ahead and flush it.

--buddy

IMHO, Class 3 is overkill. Class 2.5 should keep her blinking at optimum capacity.

sean
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
IMHO, Class 3 is overkill. Class 2.5 should keep her blinking at optimum capacity.

Dont listen to Ryan, he'd have you putting lead in your fuel :facepalm:. If the PO used 2 you need to completely flush the system with photo developer or the class 3 will react with the 2 and clog the system.

So about the session, anyone got a day in mind?

Ryan
06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Dont listen to Ryan, he'd have you putting lead in your fuel :facepalm:. If the PO used 2 you need to completely flush the system with photo developer or the class 3 will react with the 2 and clog the system.

There you go again with your anti class 2.5 rhetoric. It's a cheap and effective way to keep our delorean blinkers blinking and you know it. Plus it can be found at any local autozone. Class 3 has to be ordered from houston.

Soundkillr
06-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Um yea, I'm gonna vote dereks, it's close and I wanna bring my car. The closer the better, less pushing if I break down....
:)

Freaky Beetle
06-29-2011, 08:32 AM
It is kind of hard not to vote for Derek's place. My place is always open as well if you feel like a northerly drive.

nullset
06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Well, Derek hasn't volunteered yet…. :)

--buddy

DL4567
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
... my place is always available.

Yuh huh!! :)

I'm flattered by all the votes, and you know I love having you guys over. Only reason for not jumping right in -- don't wanna look like I'm trying to hog all the tech sessions. But if it's my place you want, the arm doesn't have to be twisted too hard.

Anytime at all, except this Saturday (July 2), and July 23rd is also bad.

sean
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Anytime at all, except this Saturday (July 2), and July 23rd is also bad.

You'd almost think we were in cahoots. Those are bad Saturdays for me too, got volunteered to take a bunch of girl scouts to the aquarium.

Any one got a preferred Saturday?

Eroc
06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Derek is a tech session HOG!!!~!!!!!:angry0:

Ron
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Eroc!?! ...He lives!

Eroc
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
That's right ! Alive and well! I am just on the road a lot! I look forward to gong to this tech session where ever it is (even though Derek is a tech session hog)

nullset
06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
It seems we have a winner!

Derek, pick the time and place.

I wonder if we should do a cruise at some point during the day. I bet there's some lovely scenery up there in Canada :)

--buddy

sean
06-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Ill go out on a limb and say the place will be at Derek's :hihi2:

DL4567
06-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Eric, I'm just as surprised to see you alive as everyone else. Looking forward to you hassling me about anything you can at the tech session!

As far as dates, the only established "can'ts" are the 2nd and 23rd.
So that leaves July 9, 16, and 30 (assuming none of us want to wait until August).

Anyone have a problem with any 3 of those dates? Michael?

Dangermouse
06-29-2011, 04:59 PM
E Michael?

Michael?? Who dat?

Any of those will be good for me at this point.

Soundkillr
06-30-2011, 02:38 AM
It seems we have a winner!

I wonder if we should do a cruise at some point during the day. I bet there's some lovely scenery up there in Canada :)

--buddy eh, it's no different than the scenery in south Florida! :)

DL4567
06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
eh, it's no different than the scenery in south Florida! :)

"Eh" is right!!

sean
06-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Poll posted to pick a date. I like the 16th, turns out the 30th all of a sudden became bad for me now too :disapprove:

Dangermouse
06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
So I did the 16th too, but I would have picked all 4 if I could......

sean
06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
So I did the 16th too, but I would have picked all 4 if I could......

Hmmm. I thought I chose the "select more than one option" option, I'll manually add your additional selections

Dangermouse
06-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Great, I'll be a winner either way it goes :aniclap:

DL4567
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Funny, I was leaning towards the 16th as well. Not too close, and not too far. Gives us a couple weeks to prepare. Hopefully everyone can make it -- I feel bad when someone who really wants to come can't. Like Michael a couple tech sessions ago. Is he on this forum since it's back up?

Dangermouse
06-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Funny, I was leaning towards the 16th as well. Not too close, and not too far. Gives us a couple weeks to prepare. Hopefully everyone can make it -- I feel bad when someone who really wants to come can't. Like Michael a couple tech sessions ago. Is he on this forum since it's back up?

Michael F - yes.
Mike S. - don't think so. I'll shoot him an email

sean
07-02-2011, 05:47 PM
So can we start planning for the 16th? Either way, folks need to start compiling a wish list. We can do some TAB inspections, or just general all round inspections.

nullset
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Lube CV joints / etc
Coolant / brake flush?

--buddy

sean
07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Lube CV joints / etc
Coolant / brake flush?

--buddy

Coolant flush probably won't happen, kinda messy and requires the disposal of old fluid. We can purge some brakes and rebuild CV joints. Do you have new boots and or boot clamps?

Dangermouse
07-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Attendees ?

Derek
Nullset
Sean
Dermot
Soundkillr?
Eric?
RunDMC

sean
07-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Attendees ?
RunDMC

Did you get confirmation from him? I have not seen him on in a while. Ill send en email to Barry too to see if he can make it.

Soundkillr
07-03-2011, 08:07 AM
My plan is to be there, we just had a new born, so at this point plans are like diapers. You have to change them all the time....

Dangermouse
07-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Did you get confirmation from him? I have not seen him on in a while. Ill send en email to Barry too to see if he can make it.

I sent runDMC and MikeS an email. RunDMC said he will be there, MikeS didn't commit either way

sphiend
07-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Attendees ?

Derek
Nullset
Sean
Dermot
Soundkillr?
Eric?
RunDMC

I should be able to make it out. Might be a good time to address that torn boot. (thanks NTB). Would love to get a better check of the TABS.

-Doug

nullset
07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Coolant flush probably won't happen, kinda messy and requires the disposal of old fluid. We can purge some brakes and rebuild CV joints. Do you have new boots and or boot clamps?

I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be lubricated or maintained on a regular basis.

That's what I was thinking of. If they're not supposed to be messed with other than replacement, I won't worry about it :)

--buddy

Ryan
07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
My plan is to be there, we just had a new born, so at this point plans are like diapers. You have to change them all the time....

Didn't know you guys had another baby. Congrats! Boy or girl?

sean
07-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be lubricated or maintained on a regular basis.

That's what I was thinking of. If they're not supposed to be messed with other than replacement, I won't worry about it :)

If your boots are split or torn, rebuild. If the boots have never been touched, its probably a good idea to rebuild them. If the boots have been replaced in the near past and are solid they are probably fine and do not require any additional lube. We can certainly take a look at the session though.

Jonathan
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
If you guys are doing routine maintenance stuff... and lubing what needs to be lubed... feel free to videotape someone lubricating the angle drive (hint hint). Unless of course you guys are going to bust out some real time video conferencing equipment for your tech day, lol. I'd like to see this (simple) task done.

Knight2000
07-04-2011, 12:36 AM
l would love to be there but I have a seminar that I will be attending out of town on the 16th. Maybe next time.

DL4567
07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Alright... looking like the 16th then. Just under 2 weeks away. Getting excited now!

Soundkillr
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Didn't know you guys had another baby. Congrats! Boy or girl?

Oh yea, another girl. She is a little over 4 weeks old. Im gonna have my work cut out for me.....

nullset
07-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Would it be possible to install a front end recall kit? I have all the parts, but I've been worried to try it on my own, without backup.

--buddy

sean
07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Would it be possible to install a front end recall kit? I have all the parts, but I've been worried to try it on my own, without backup.

--buddy

Sure, the recall kit does not take long at all. You can do it in the bay that does not have the lift. Make sure to bring some jack stands and a jack. The kit is pretty straight forward

sean
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Barry just said he is in.

nullset
07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Can someone bring the Torsion bar adjusting rig? I'd like to check / possibly change mine.

--buddy

sean
07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Can someone bring the Torsion bar adjusting rig? I'd like to check / possibly change mine.

--buddy

I can. We need to compile that wish list of what folks want done so nothing is forgotten.

Freaky Beetle
07-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I need to install a fuel accumulator.

sean
07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
If anyone has an A/C vacuum setup that they can bring Barry would benefit from it as he wants to replace his accumulator. His system is empty and it would be nice to vacuum test it after the job is done before he converts to 134.

nullset
07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I'll bring my pump and gauges.

--buddy

sphiend
07-06-2011, 11:47 PM
I can. We need to compile that wish list of what folks want done so nothing is forgotten.

I have torn front boot and dust shields to install. (parts ordered)

Also still have the throttle de-ice kit and need to determine what other recalls are missing.

Might be nice to confirm exhaust leak and get a better look at TABs.

sean
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Best I can tell here is who is coming and what they would like to have done:

Buddy: Inspect CV Boots, Lube Ball joints, Install front end recall, Adjust Torsion bar
Dermot
Derek
Eric
Jai: Fuel accumulator
Doug: Inspect TABs, De-Ice kit, Trailing arm shields install, steering rack boot
Barry: A/C accumulator and orifice tube
Mike
Sean

I miss anyone or anything?

What do we think about bringing $5-$6/ person to buy pizza/cokes? Or do we want to cook out again?

Dangermouse
07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Mike = MikeF

Ben? baby permitting

Ryan ------:lol:

Either food option is good for me. Less work for Derek all round if we do pizza (I may have a hungry teen with me :eek1: )

DL4567
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Mike S. was also a possibility. Is he still not sure Dermot?

The pizza sounds good to me. If we grilled instead I would bring it into the garage to avoid the hot sun on the deck. Of course, if it's cloudy we can still eat up there if you guys want.

nullset
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Mike = MikeF

Ben? baby permitting

Ryan ------:lol:

Either food option is good for me. Less work for Derek all round if we do pizza (I may have a hungry teen with me :eek1: )

Are you going to be there with your car? Did you ever get her back on the road?

Dangermouse
07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Are you going to be there with your car? Did you ever get her back on the road?

No and no. Need to modify my LED test rig (so that it works :ehh:) as I screwed it up the first time.

Good news is that I'll be available to help others :)

Eroc
07-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Put me down for 1. electrical finished, 2. new custom interior installed and 3. roof leak found and stopped:wiggle:

sean
07-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Put me down for 1. electrical finished, 2. new custom interior installed and 3. roof leak found and stopped:wiggle:

Que?:shocked: You will be there with D?

Eroc
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
No, I was being funny!

sean
07-07-2011, 10:43 PM
No, I was being funny!

Don't quit your day job...BURN! Utini!

Eroc
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Don't be upset just because Paplebaun doesn't hold the rookie record for saves before the allstar break. Who does hold it? Oh yeah the Braves Kimbrel! BURN!

Ryan
07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
new custom interior installed

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0006/79/1A/791A2FF2E5D2205A73AAF2_Large.jpg

Yeah Eric, uh.. how's that new custom interior coming along? hmm?

Almost finished installing...installing that new interior?

Got that interior three or four years ago right?

Probably made a lot of progess on it with all those tech sessions at your house right?

Remember that, ummm, thread you posted at dmctalk.com about it?

That thread was last updated... what.. two years ago?

Probably just working on the last little bits now right?

Putting all your tools away at this point i'd imagine...

Nah, i'm sure you're close to finishing that project.

Freaky Beetle
07-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Putting all your tools away at this point i'd imagine...

:deviltail: I caught him putting the final touches on it just this weekend:

Soundkillr
07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
:deviltail: I caught him putting the final touches on it just this weekend:

Best photoshop ever!

sphiend
07-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Best I can tell here is who is coming and what they would like to have done:

Buddy: Inspect CV Boots, Lube Ball joints, Install front end recall, Adjust Torsion bar
Dermot
Derek
Eric
Doug: Inspect TABs, De-Ice kit, Trailing arm shields install, steering rack boot
Mike
Sean

I miss anyone or anything?

What do we think about bringing $5-$6/ person to buy pizza/cokes? Or do we want to cook out again?

Ordered parts from DMCH on 7/4 but they have not shipped. Need to call Monday. May not have parts in time.

Bikercmbc
07-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Its been forever since I was able to make the drive down to a tech session, but this weekend I WILL be able to come down, and ill be bringing my car. dont think I need anything done to my car, maybe just let sean drive it and see if hears anything.

sean
07-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Updated list of folks that ARE coming:

Dermot
Derek
Eric
Mike
Kyle
Sean

Missing anyone?

Iznodmad
07-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I just want to let the group know I might attend. I have a couple of issues. A "whistling" sound from my engine that is new. The car had been down for 1.5 weeks with a broken throttle cable. Just yesterday I got it back on the road and starting hearing this sound for the first time. Second issue is I need my R134 topped off. If someone could PM me the address for planning purposes and I'll update the group should I be able to attend. Thanks!

Soundkillr
07-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I should be there, and weather permitting will bring my car....

sean
07-10-2011, 02:43 PM
A "whistling" sound from my engine

Did you mess with any of the bolts(4) that hold the plenum to the intake manifold? Agitating that paper gasket an create quite the whistle.

sean
07-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I should be there, and weather permitting will bring my car....

That's good because you and I have to talk about your choice of heat delivery in your smoker. Electricity!?!? Seriously!?!? Tsk tsk tsp :smackbum:.

Iznodmad
07-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Did you mess with any of the bolts(4) that hold the plenum to the intake manifold? Agitating that paper gasket an create quite the whistle.

No, didn't touch those. Wish I was better in telling you more about it, or where I think it is originating from. Still could use an address to know where I would be traveling to.

Dangermouse
07-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Dont have the exact one at the moment, but try Buford GA, should help you with planning purposes.

Soundkillr
07-10-2011, 03:49 PM
That's good because you and I have to talk about your choice of heat delivery in your smoker. Electricity!?!? Seriously!?!? Tsk tsk tsp :smackbum:.

Somebodys been on facebook. Hey electric is great cause I can set it and forget about it. I cant babysit the kids and ribs for 6 hours....
But yea we will talk.....

sean
07-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Still could use an address to know where I would be traveling to.

Yeah, I just know how to get there but like Dermot said, shoot for Buford. Derek will probably shoot you a pm when he gets on.

sean
07-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Somebodys been on facebook.

yeah, I didn't want to hash out my BBQ beliefs and philosophies on your fb page but figured id warn you about my pending Q brow beat down :).

DL4567
07-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Still could use an address to know where I would be traveling to.

PM sent.

Soundkillr
07-10-2011, 08:12 PM
yeah, I didn't want to hash out my BBQ beliefs and philosophies on your fb page but figured id warn you about my pending Q brow beat down :).

Oh Im prepared, should we stay on topic before some mod splits the thread. Oh wait....nevermind :)

Bikercmbc
07-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Add one more, his name is Ty, he will be riding down with me but will not be driving his car down. what time do we need to be at dereks garage?

sean
07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Add one more, his name is Ty, he will be riding down with me but will not be driving his car down. what time do we need to be at dereks garage?

I won't put Derek on the spot but I likey early starts :smile:. So I can be there as early as 8:00 :screwy:, earlier actually but anything earlier would be just plain early.

Dangermouse
07-12-2011, 08:19 AM
"dereks garage?" LOL, it is so nice it could do with it's own sign :)

Actually, thinking about it, I could use a pm'd address as well Derek

DL4567
07-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Sean, you're more than welcome to come at 8:00. In the past we've set the "official" start time at 10:00, but this one is gonna have a rather big turnout, so if everyone wants to come as early as 8:30 and onwards, that's just fine with me. That'll give Sean a few minutes to set up, give us all more time in the relatively cooler morning, and make the most of the full day. No pressure on time though, I've got no other plans the rest of the day, so you guys can stay as long as you like.

I'll try and get the PMs out to everyone today with the address.

sean
07-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Sean, you're more than welcome to come at 8:00.
Sweet! My earlybird ass will roll in around 8sih then. Make my DD's stop on the way and Ill be good to go all day too.

Dangermouse
07-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Speaking of food, are we just bringing a couple bucks for pizza?

Or should I pack a picnic :)

sean
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Speaking of food, are we just bringing a couple bucks for pizza?

Or should I pack a picnic :)

My vote is bring pizza money. Does Derek know of a nearby Dominos/Hut/Caesars that we can score a group buy on some zza? Im sure one of us can make a Pizza run and grab some drinks while out.

DL4567
07-12-2011, 02:03 PM
We've had great success with Papa Johns. Tastes the best (IMHO) and they deliver. Don't know if they'll give us a quantity deal though....

I can get drinks beforehand to make things easier, and we'll just include it in the few bucks for food from everyone.

sean
07-12-2011, 02:24 PM
We've had great success with Papa Johns. Tastes the best (IMHO) and they deliver. Don't know if they'll give us a quantity deal though....

I can get drinks beforehand to make things easier, and we'll just include it in the few bucks for food from everyone.

Sounds good to me.

Iznodmad
07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
I charged my AC up last night. Now blowing cold(er) again. That's one less thing on my to do list. Still unsure of my whistling noise. I will let the group know my status on attending later in the week.

Dangermouse
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
We've had great success with Papa Johns. Tastes the best (IMHO) and they deliver. .

mmmmm. Future Pizza Delivery

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2606&d=1310497820

Soundkillr
07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
mmmmm. Future Pizza Delivery

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2606&d=1310497820

Ok, ill bite, how do you open the doors?

DL4567
07-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Alright, I PMed everyone the address. Let me know if you didn't get it.

(Can't believe it's still limited to only 5 recipients at a time. What was the forum upgrade good for, huh??? Geeeeeeeez. :smile:)

I have no contact information for Michael S., Michael F., or Barry. If someone could please email them the address that would be great. Thanks!

sean
07-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Alright, I PMed everyone the address. Let me know if you didn't get it.

(Can't believe it's still limited to only 5 recipients at a time. What was the forum upgrade good for, huh??? Geeeeeeeez. :smile:)

I have no contact information for Michael S., Michael F., or Barry. If someone could please email them the address that would be great. Thanks!

I'll email barry the directions and see about resolving that 5 recipient limit :umm:

Dangermouse
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll take care of the Michaels

sean
07-13-2011, 07:41 AM
I'll email barry the directions and see about resolving that 5 recipient limit :umm:

Emailed Barry and bumped email recipients to 15 :tongue2:

Dangermouse
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Visited a new Kroger last night and found a huge cache of HW cars (Gold/FTE/BTTF), well maybe not huge, about 25 in total.

If any attendees want me to pick up one/some let me know. (Ben, I still have that Ecto-1 if you want it)

sean
07-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Visited a new Kroger last night and found a huge cache of HW cars (Gold/FTE/BTTF), well maybe not huge, about 25 in total.

If any attendees want me to pick up one/some let me know. (Ben, I still have that Ecto-1 if you want it)

I may still have a black one or two that isnt apart of my cache that I can bring if there is desire.

Soundkillr
07-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Bring the ecto!

sphiend
07-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I may still have a black one or two that isnt apart of my cache that I can bring if there is desire.

I'll take any black ones you want to sell off your hands.

Would also love an ecto-1 if anyone has extras. I've not yet come across any.

sean
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
I'll take any black ones you want to sell off your hands.

Ill look to see what I got.

Dangermouse
07-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I'll see if I have another ecto.

On the attendees front - runDMC (Mike F) is a probable and MikeS (Mike S) can't make it

sean
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll see if I have another ecto.
Please dont forget the boot kit too. Looks like Doug may be needing it now.

sphiend
07-14-2011, 10:19 PM
My order arrived today. Most of it anyhow.

sean
07-15-2011, 05:48 PM
My trunk is packed and the car is ready to roll. No black HWs but I do have a gold one I'll be bringing for whoever. I'll be bringing a stack of those DMC vinyl stickers for folks that want one. I'll have a pair of 6.0 DeLorean Dunks and a stainless wallet for show and tell too. I'll be rolling into Derek's about 8 with my extra large DDs in hand ready for a great day!

Edit
Anyone with extra jacks and jack stands please bring them "just in case".

nullset
07-15-2011, 08:08 PM
My jack and jack stands are on loan to a friend. Does anyone else have some they can bring?

Do I need to bring any particular tools with me?

--buddy

sean
07-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Do I need to bring any particular tools with me?

--buddy

I'm not 100% that Barry is still brining his car but if he does he could make use of your a/c gauges and compressor to put vacuum on his system.

nullset
07-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not 100% that Barry is still bringing his car but if he does he could make use of your a/c gauges and compressor to put vacuum on his system.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll grab those on my way in.

--buddy

sean
07-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Just got an email from Ray Troxell, he'll be there too.

Freaky Beetle
07-15-2011, 10:13 PM
I will bring a set of jack stands for anyone that needs to use them.

DL4567
07-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Just want to throw it out there last minute that there is almost no seating in the garage, so if you have any folding chairs you want to bring, it wouldn't hurt.

The weather forecast has been making me nervous, but I just checked it again and hopefully what they're showing now will hold true:

Supposed to be no rain until after 5pm, with temps in the 70s all day. Sounds perfect!
We sure lucked out with it not being in the 90s.

Dangermouse
07-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Schedule wise, I may not get there til after 11, and I have Seans rack boots for Doug, unless Doug got another set. So plan the rack job accordingly

Mark C
07-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Sounds like you've got a good session planned, and I really wish I could make this one, but I'll be away visiting family. Well, have fun, be safe, and I hope to catch you guys next time.

sean
07-16-2011, 07:55 PM
THANK YOU DEREK! Another great job hosting a pretty darn successful event! I'm not sure we've had one much more productive then this one. Tons got done! I managed to snap all of 4 pics and will post them later but just wanted to thank Derek for the venue and Ray for Krispy Kreme.

Eroc
07-16-2011, 08:46 PM
:rock_on:What he said!

nullset
07-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I couldn't believe how quickly that custom interior got instaled. It was really incredible.

--buddy

DL4567
07-16-2011, 10:37 PM
THANK YOU DEREK! Another great job hosting a pretty darn successful event! I'm not sure we've had one much more productive then this one. Tons got done! I managed to snap all of 4 pics and will post them later but just wanted to thank Derek for the venue and Ray for Krispy Kreme.

Once again it was a great pleasure to have everyone here. You get the credit for the productivity Sean ....while you were doing all the hard work I was slacking off giving prop tours. :blush:

To Kyle and friend: you guys totally could have come in and seen everything, you disappeared while I was ordering the pizza! Definitely get the tour next time. (while Sean is working hard in the garage :biggrin:)

I took all of 6 pictures, so I didn't get that many either. Saw Jai tooking some though, hopefully between the 3 of us we got it covered. Lots of fun today, can't wait for the next one!

Freaky Beetle
07-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I had a great time as well! Wish I could have brought my car down, but I certainly did try! I pulled the wheel off today to reveal no major damage. Just a very worn pad and flaky piston seals. I standard brake overhaul and I should be good to go. Thanks to everyone that made this event happen!27432741274227442745

Freaky Beetle
07-17-2011, 09:39 PM
One more:

dvonk
07-17-2011, 11:25 PM
goddamn, that is one hell of a garage!! :thumbup:

nullset
07-18-2011, 12:33 AM
No pictures of the beeb?

Eroc
07-18-2011, 08:40 AM
When I was on my way up to Derek's, I actually caught this!! I yelled out "Jai, your brakes are on fire!"2762

sean
07-18-2011, 08:44 AM
No pictures of the beeb?
:ehh:

When I was on my way up to Derek's, I actually caught this!! I yelled out "Jai, your brakes are on fire!"2762
:biggrin:

Freaky Beetle
07-18-2011, 09:05 AM
When I was on my way up to Derek's, I actually caught this!! I yelled out "Jai, your brakes are on fire!"

I am sitting in a meeting with my boss and she is telling me of how her husband is dealing with his father’s possibility of onset dementia. During this story I happen to look down at this picture and nearly bust out laughing. It was all I could do to keep a straight face during her story.

Talk about getting….well…. burned!! :hysterical:

sphiend
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I've attached the few photos that I took.

WelmoedJ
07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I've attached the few photos that I took.

Picture 215 shows some very urgently needed attention.
Your in for quite a serious job!

sean
07-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Picture 215 shows some very urgently needed attention.
Your in for quite a serious job!

Yeah, that owner, not Doug, is a thrill seeker and gets his jollies off of driving dangerously. j/k:tongue: But yeah, its gonna be an involved fix.

DL4567
07-18-2011, 07:08 PM
My pics:

Soundkillr
07-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Man derek, im gonna get pulled over for my liscence plate! Thanks for blurring the pic! Your the man :)

DL4567
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Sure, no problem!