PDA

View Full Version : Alex's Step-By Step, Semi-Full Restoration, One-Stop Shop Car Blog

kings1527
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey all,

I have a semi-full restoration going on with my car right now and I've developed a blog on it. It's at:

www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

I have step-by-step instructions with a TON of pics, too. Some of the things I've tackled and documented thus-far include:

1) Replacing distributor cap, rotor, plugs.
2) Removing the intake manifold and reconditioning it.
3) Cleaning the valley
4) Installing DeLorean Parts Northwest's radiator fans and coolant bleeder kit
5) Replacing the radiator
6) Replacing the oil sending unit
7) Draining and cleaning the fuel tank
8) Installing the water pump
9) Installing Joe Cool unit and dealing with overheating issues
10) Alternator installation
11) Removing and reconditioning the valve covers and timing chain cover, along with installing a new crankshaft seal

And many more in progress and to come.

I also include mistakes I made and what I'd do differently next time, which I think is very important. Please feel free to take a look around and let me know what you think.

My goal was to make a step-by-step blog that anyone can follow and be successful with it. Everything from materials that was used, who I ordered parts from, time it took, and tools I needed. I'll keep everyone posted when I put another entry up.

Alex

Kenny_Z
12-05-2012, 03:43 PM
This looks really good. I'll be bookmarking it for reference. Thanks for setting it up.

Chris Burns
12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Awesome web page!:thumbup2:

Rich W
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Alex,

I only did a quick review of your blog and a few entries, but it looks like it will be really helpful for DIY DeLorean mechanics.

Even if you have done some of this work in the past, the blog will be helpful for the "next time" you need to do it, especially
listing the tools and all the associated replacement parts you will want to acquire, in advance, to do all the work that should
be done "while you are in there" in addition to the primary task and associated parts. If I ever got some free time, I always
wanted to put together something similar, so kudos to you for taking the time to do this recording. Keep up the good work.

Later,
Rich W.

thirdmanj
12-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Duuuuuude.... :jawdrop: :worship:

kings1527
12-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Alex,

I only did a quick review of your blog and a few entries, but it looks like it will be really helpful for DIY DeLorean mechanics.

Even if you have done some of this work in the past, the blog will be helpful for the "next time" you need to do it, especially
listing the tools and all the associated replacement parts you will want to acquire, in advance, to do all the work that should
be done "while you are in there" in addition to the primary task and associated parts. If I ever got some free time, I always
wanted to put together something similar, so kudos to you for taking the time to do this recording. Keep up the good work.

Later,
Rich W.

Thanks for the great compliments, Rich. I really appreciate that. That was my goal when I started; to create a blog that was somewhat of a "DeLorean Diary" to track progress and help me remember what I did. It started out primarily just by taking photos when I'd break something down but putting it in blog format was even better.

There's no way possible that I'd have been able to do this without the help of people on this forum. Over the past six months or so, I've run into some awesome blogs out there where one person would have great info on XX and another would have great info on YY. I wanted to try to create something where I'm taking all of the info that I gathered, apply it with the car, and then document everything for everyone else. I wanted to make it where it was as detailed as possible, tons of pictures, and have it where someone would only have to look at one blog. In reality, my blog contains a lot of "how-to" info from other blogs and posts from dmctalk, but of course all of the work was done on my car. It was nothing more than asking a bunch of people how to do something, applying it, and then documenting it.

My background is pretty basic; my mantra was to start with a running car, break it down, and then put it back together how it was and everything should be fine. Simplistic, I know, but the journey so far has kind of been like that. I don't have a ton of experience with cars, very little in fact, but this board has helped me tremendously and I hope I can do the same for others.

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to send it my way. I've got a lot of stuff coming down the pike with my car and I'll document every single little thing and tell you how it came out...and what I'd do differently next time if I didn't do it right so you don't make the same mistakes. My goal with my car is to make it look as close to 100% stock as possible but with updated and reliable componentry. If it was problematic and not good in the car, it's on its way out and I'll tell you all about it. Fuse box replacement, door lock modulator, Joe Cool (already posted), door lock actuator upgrades, radiator fans, better alternator, LEDs, etc. It's all coming

Duuuuuude.... :jawdrop: :worship:

Haha! Thanks so much for that!

And thanks Chris, and everyone else!

Alex

kings1527
12-20-2012, 07:41 PM
My latest entry is here:

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2012/12/putting-it-all-back-together-and.html

This deals with replacing the fuel lines, putting the fuel injectors back together, re-installing the intake manifold, firing it back up, troubleshooting and adjusting the idle, and bleeding the cooling system.

Hope you enjoy!

Alex

krs09
12-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey all,

I have a semi-full restoration going on with my car right now and I've developed a blog on it. It's at:

www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

I have step-by-step instructions with a TON of pics, too. Some of the things I've tackled and documented thus-far include:

1) Replacing distributor cap, rotor, plugs.
2) Removing the intake manifold and reconditioning it.
3) Cleaning the valley
4) Installing DeLorean Parts Northwest's radiator fans and coolant bleeder kit
5) Replacing the radiator
6) Replacing the oil sending unit
7) Draining and cleaning the fuel tank
8) Installing the water pump
9) Installing Joe Cool unit and dealing with overheating issues
10) Alternator installation
11) Removing and reconditioning the valve covers and timing chain cover, along with installing a new crankshaft seal

And many more in progress and to come.

I also include mistakes I made and what I'd do differently next time, which I think is very important. Please feel free to take a look around and let me know what you think.

My goal was to make a step-by-step blog that anyone can follow and be successful with it. Everything from materials that was used, who I ordered parts from, time it took, and tools I needed. I'll keep everyone posted when I put another entry up.

Alex

Hey Alex.. I found this blog by total accident and it is perfect for me. I doing almost all the same repairs to my D and I can say for a guy that has no experience repairing cars let alone deloreans you have giving me some much needed motavation. Pics are great and everything is laid out very well. I have your blog up at work almost every day just fliping through it. I really cant thank you enough for posting it, im sure its a big pain in the ass and very time consuming so thank you.

Vin #4870 - custom interior - sweet fuzzy dash and stock everything else

kings1527
12-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey Alex.. I found this blog by total accident and it is perfect for me. I doing almost all the same repairs to my D and I can say for a guy that has no experience repairing cars let alone deloreans you have giving me some much needed motavation. Pics are great and everything is laid out very well. I have your blog up at work almost every day just fliping through it. I really cant thank you enough for posting it, im sure its a big pain in the ass and very time consuming so thank you.

Vin #4870 - custom interior - sweet fuzzy dash and stock everything else

Thanks for the compliments! I understand what it's like to be brand-new to this whole thing but there's so much you can tackle on your own. I came across so many great restoration websites but it was hard to keep track of and remember where you saw something you liked. Plus, various owners are doing different things to their cars. I wanted to create a resource that hopefully a lot of people would find useful. I'm glad you found my blog as a great resource!

And it's not a pain in the ass at all. I'm actually having a lot of fun with it. The whole thing was born by taking a ton of pictures so I could remember how things were before I took them apart; trying to keep something of a digital photobook. And a lot of times, you can't find that specific picture online that would help with whatever project you have going on. So if I'm working on project "XY" and I have a good picture of part "XY", but you only need a good picture of the "Y" in "XY", then hopefully that can indirectly help you!

Thanks again for the words!

kings1527
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I put up another entry and this one took quite awhile. I completely reconditioned the engine compartment, front storage under the hood, the muffler and several miscellaneous parts. I also added some very interesting production history on the car and the VARI process.

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/01/reconditioning-engine-compartment-front.html

Forgot to mention: now that my car is running again, I also updated the oil sending unit replacement entry with pics of the oil gauge working correctly at idle and at about 2500 RPM.

121GWATT
02-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey Alex, excellent blog! I've been reading it start to finish!

As I will be starting some significant work on my car, it's random question time: What type of anti-seize are you using? There seems to be a few types out there: zinc, nickel, aluminum-graphite & copper.
Thanks!

kings1527
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Hey Alex, excellent blog! I've been reading it start to finish!

As I will be starting some significant work on my car, it's random question time: What type of anti-seize are you using? There seems to be a few types out there: zinc, nickel, aluminum-graphite & copper.
Thanks!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm actually working on several new entries as we speak! For general purposes, such as preventing bolts from seizing and such, I've been using this from Permatex http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8066439/00814/

It appears to be a blend of the materials you mentioned. But keep in mind that kind is not "sensor safe". This kind here http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/VER0/13109/N0490.oap?ck=Search_anti+seize_-1_3065&keyword=anti+seize is considered sensor-safe and is copper-based. It has a higher capacity for heat, too. I just put in another O2 sensor and catalytic converter in my car and I put the copper-based anti-seize on the threads of the O2 sensor, as well as on the studs of the cat. I should probably have that entry up tomorrow. If you didn't want to switch between the two types of anti-seize, it looks like the copper-based will work on anything else, too.

I have some entries coming up on regraining stainless, installing various parts from DPNW (door actuators, new digital door lock module, headlight upgrade switch, and their elite alarm package), upgrading the fuse box, upgrading to LEDs, and removing/installing the front and rear fascias. Lots going on! I hope it helps you in your ventures!

Kenny_Z
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM
The only thing I'd change is not using newspaper. It can soak up overspray and let it leech through. For the areas more prone to getting wet via the overspray I'd use a roll of painter's paper. It has a wax like coating that prevents soaking through. It's 3 dollars a roll from Lowes. Other than that you've done a fantastic job. I'm just about to tackle this same area on my car so the tutorial was well timed and much appreciated.

kings1527
02-10-2013, 04:48 PM
The only thing I'd change is not using newspaper. It can soak up overspray and let it leech through. For the areas more prone to getting wet via the overspray I'd use a roll of painter's paper. It has a wax like coating that prevents soaking through. It's 3 dollars a roll from Lowes. Other than that you've done a fantastic job. I'm just about to tackle this same area on my car so the tutorial was well timed and much appreciated.

Noted! Thanks for the advice!

OverlandMan
02-10-2013, 06:29 PM
I setup a restoration blog for my car too via the same provider. Its a nice way to keep up with everything you've done and share it with others.

I had started a restoration thread here on this forum but decided to move it over to the free Google blog so I could share it with all my family and friends.

http://dmctx.blogspot.com/

kings1527
02-11-2013, 03:31 AM
I setup a restoration blog for my car too via the same provider. Its a nice way to keep up with everything you've done and share it with others.

I had started a restoration thread here on this forum but decided to move it over to the free Google blog so I could share it with all my family and friends.

http://dmctx.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing your page, Jeff! Nice work!

David T
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
I mention this because you said in your original post you are doing something with your valve covers. On another Forum (not Deloreans) an owner had his valve covers blasted and powder coated. He put them on his newly rebuilt motor and it subsequently died. It got rebuilt and died several times . It was eventually discovered the baffle riveted to the underside of the valve cover was full of blasting media that was never completely cleaned out and it kept ruining the motor.
David Teitelbaum

121GWATT
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the compliments! I'm actually working on several new entries as we speak! For general purposes, such as preventing bolts from seizing and such, I've been using this from Permatex http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8066439/00814/

It appears to be a blend of the materials you mentioned. But keep in mind that kind is not "sensor safe". This kind here http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/VER0/13109/N0490.oap?ck=Search_anti+seize_-1_3065&keyword=anti+seize is considered sensor-safe and is copper-based. It has a higher capacity for heat, too. I just put in another O2 sensor and catalytic converter in my car and I put the copper-based anti-seize on the threads of the O2 sensor, as well as on the studs of the cat. I should probably have that entry up tomorrow. If you didn't want to switch between the two types of anti-seize, it looks like the copper-based will work on anything else, too.

I have some entries coming up on regraining stainless, installing various parts from DPNW (door actuators, new digital door lock module, headlight upgrade switch, and their elite alarm package), upgrading the fuse box, upgrading to LEDs, and removing/installing the front and rear fascias. Lots going on! I hope it helps you in your ventures!

Great stuff, thanks. Also great to see a fellow firefighter with a Delorean!

kings1527
02-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I mention this because you said in your original post you are doing something with your valve covers. On another Forum (not Deloreans) an owner had his valve covers blasted and powder coated. He put them on his newly rebuilt motor and it subsequently died. It got rebuilt and died several times . It was eventually discovered the baffle riveted to the underside of the valve cover was full of blasting media that was never completely cleaned out and it kept ruining the motor.
David Teitelbaum

Wow, David. That's brutal. What a nightmare. Thanks for the info. On mine, I blasted with soda. I would consider it light to medium duty. It won't take stuff off like glass beads or walnut shells will. The nicest thing about it that I found is that it's water soluble. It completely rinsed away from the covers after I washed them. I was nervous to use anything else for the very reasons you brought up in your post. Thanks.

Great stuff, thanks. Also great to see a fellow firefighter with a Delorean!

Right on! Quite the conversation piece at the station! :)

kings1527
02-25-2013, 01:33 PM
OK, I updated my blog with an entry on the following:

1) Installing a new butterfly assembly and fixing my high idle issue

2) Adjusting the emergency brake

3) California smog check problems and replacing the catalytic converter along with the O2 sensor. I also talk about resetting the Lambda counter

4) Adjusting the CO with a dwell meter

I also talk a tiny bit about the Back To The Future "A" car project and how an entry on that will be forthcoming.

I forgot to mention, I also added a few videos in there for adjusting the dwell.

Enjoy!

kings1527
03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Here's one I did on removing and restoring the front and rear fascias, along with installing anti-eyebrow strips. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/03/removing-and-reconditioning-front-and.html

mluder
03-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Here's one I did on removing and restoring the front and rear fascias, along with installing anti-eyebrow strips. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/03/removing-and-reconditioning-front-and.html

Nice post.

Did your painter also repaint the black bumper area too or is that the original rubber still showing as they were manufactured?

Just curious because I'm getting ready to do the same thing and wondering if there are any goo techniques for restoring the original black. I've heard wet sanding etc...

Cheers
Steve

kings1527
03-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Nice post.

Did your painter also repaint the black bumper area too or is that the original rubber still showing as they were manufactured?

Just curious because I'm getting ready to do the same thing and wondering if there are any goo techniques for restoring the original black. I've heard wet sanding etc...

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for the compliment. I talked about it with my painter regarding what we wanted to do with the black bumper. He could tell that it was originally unpainted. After seeing an example of how it would come out if we painted it, I decided to go with that. And I'm all about keeping it looking original and stock. I'm very particular with that although I really think the painted look stays true to a stock look. I've read all the other posts regarding wet sanding and the like and I think in the long run, having it painted will last longer and look better. In the end, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between one that was original unpainted but restored and another that was freshly painted. It really came out amazing and I'm very happy with it. They offer a lifetime warranty, too.

I'll add a few more pics on the blog right now, too.

mluder
03-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Hi Steve. Thanks for the compliment. I talked about it with my painter regarding what we wanted to do with the black bumper. He could tell that it was originally unpainted. After seeing an example of how it would come out if we painted it, I decided to go with that. And I'm all about keeping it looking original and stock. I'm very particular with that although I really think the painted look stays true to a stock look. I've read all the other posts regarding wet sanding and the like and I think in the long run, having it painted will last longer and look better. In the end, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference between one that was original unpainted but restored and another that was freshly painted. It really came out amazing and I'm very happy with it. They offer a lifetime warranty, too.

I'll add a few more pics on the blog right now, too.

Thanks, Alex.

I appreciate the follow up.

Cheers
Steven

kings1527
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
This is an in-depth entry on the restoration of the Back To The Future 'A' car that took place over the summer. I got into the action about 1/3 of the way through and lent a hand primarily with restoring the actual car-side of things but helped a little bit on the time circuits, too.

The Time Machine Restoration group are a great bunch of guys that put a ton of hours into the restoration. Bob Gale himself was very pleased with the end result. From the pictures I included in the entry, you'll see why. If you get a chance, take a look at the car currently on display at Universal Studios Hollywood, across from the Transformers ride.

The entry contains pictures of the original flux capacitor, time circuits, the 'A' car completely gutted, the engine compartment, putting a new windshield on the car, installation of the wiring and time circuits, etc. TONS of pictures that I'm sure everyone will like.

For those of you that haven't already 'liked' them on Facebook, take a look at the Time Machine Restoration FB page: https://www.facebook.com/timemachinerestoration

And for my blog link itself, here you go:

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...storation.html (http://delorean6575revisited.blogspo...storation.html/)

Edit:
Sorry everyone. I had to take it down. "Too soon"?

But be on the lookout for some material soon to be released by the TMR team regarding the restoration. And more stuff coming down the pike on my end, too. I have lots of projects going on right now!

Best,
Alex

Kenny_Z
04-26-2013, 12:57 PM
That article is awesome. I loved seeing the car without all her time machine bits.

Dangermouse
04-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Best article I have read on this topic. Much easier to follow than the FB page

kings1527
04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Here's an entry on completely tearing the interior out of the car, along with the dash and binnacle. Also some info on re-dying the interior pieces.

I also included pictures of what the old QAC in Irvine/Santa Ana CA looks like today. If you've seen a Home Depot before, you won't be too surprised!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/04/stripping-interior-and-removing-dash.html

kings1527
05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Here's one on installing DPNW's door lock actuators and the digital door lock module. I also included troubleshooting the cold start system since I had a problem with it.

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/05/installing-dpnws-door-actuators-digital.html

kings1527
06-30-2013, 03:07 AM
I just finished up an entry on DMC-Midwest's Open House from a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-dmc-midwest-open-house.html

kings1527
07-17-2013, 01:08 AM
I did a post on my conversion to 100% LEDs. The most convenient time I did it was during the restoration of my interior and installation of my sound system. I'm very happy with the way things turned out with LEDs and I think they're completely worth the money and effort.

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/07/upgrading-to-led-lights-and-dealing.html

kings1527
07-28-2013, 07:57 PM
I put this one up:

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/07/installing-dpnws-headlight-switch.html

I went over several things:
-Hervey's double ground
-troubleshooting my alternator (at first I thought the new DMCH unit might've been defective since my volt meter read low)
-upgrading the light master switch
-Dave McKeen's RPM relay install
-an overall recipe for what I did to get the most out of the volt meter, including re-grounding the inertia switch

kings1527
08-01-2013, 02:00 PM
So I finished up my write-up on rebuilding my AC and it's here:

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/08/resurrecting-r12-ac-system-and.html

This is probably the most in depth post I've done on my car. I had a ton of help from lots of people on the forum and I'm much obliged. Again, I'm no AC expert but mthy results have been excellent and hopefully they'll stand the test of time. There was SO much with this and knew next to nothing about AC when I began, so think of this write-up as my 'notes' as I went along. That's how my blog developed; as notes to help me remember what I did. I'm a big believer in you have to know how something works in order to troubleshoot and fix it.

Within the write-up, I went over a little bit of everything.

- a little bit of theory
- components of the AC system and what they do
- evaporator installation
- condenser flushing
- Hervey split hose installation
- accumulator installation
- installing the orifice tube (ugh)
- new compressor installation
- o-ring installation
- filling with R12
- adjusting the LP switch
- upgrading the fan circuit breaker to a 30a

And probably more that I can't think of.

Again, I'm no expert so if there's something that's not correct or needs to be fixed, please let me know.

Enjoy!

kings1527
08-30-2013, 01:40 AM
I replaced my entire steering, which included the following:

-Installed a new DMCH steering rack
-Installed a Borgeson intermediate shaft with a vibration-reducing coupling
-Installed DPNW Delrin steering column bushing
-Front end alignment

I also installed the new metal reproduction door handles and messed with a minor door locking issue.

http://delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com/2013/08/replacing-steering-rack-tobys-delrin.html

Ryan S.
08-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Nice work!!! And thanks for another excellent write up.
Does your steering wheel turn with less efforts now when car is not moving? Or about the same?

Dangermouse
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I get your blog via RSS and it's always a great read. Laid out in a logical, yet casual, way. Great job.

kings1527
08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Nice work!!! And thanks for another excellent write up.
Does your steering wheel turn with less efforts now when car is not moving? Or about the same?

I get your blog via RSS and it's always a great read. Laid out in a logical, yet casual, way. Great job.

I appreciate the compliments, guys. Thanks!

Ryan: I'd say that the wheel turns with the same effort as before but with less 'play'. I try not to dry steer on the car but sometimes it's unavoidable if you're pulling out of a parking spot. But it's not like I have power steering now. You could say that the steering is more responsive with the new rack in it. Going with polyurethane bushings and updated lower control arms with those reinforcement plates would be even more of an improvement and I'll probably get there someday, but the improvement from what I did was very noticeable.

Chris Burns
08-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Great blog!!

:raveon:

Josh
08-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Very good work on the blog. As someone who is doing extensive work to the car like yourself, I can only imagine how much effort it would be documenting everything and doing things in a manner that allows for easy presentation. You are doing a great job, and truly creating am invaluable resource!

kings1527
09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
I appreciate all of the compliments!

Mods: can you please move this thread to the new Johnny Z's Restoration Thread?

Thanks!

Ron
09-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Done.

Ryan S.
01-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Alex,
For some reason, photos are not showing up.
Thank you

kings1527
01-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi Ryan,

And everyone else who's contacted me. I appreciate the fact that my blog has helped people with their cars as has so many blogs out there that have helped me with mine.

I move some stuff around on Google the other day and while all of the text made the transfer (the text was the very hard part), the pics obviously did not. In the grand scheme of things, the pics are the easy parts. But it's looking like I'm going to have to go back through each individual post and resubmit the pics. Give me some time to do it and as I make progress, I'll post it here. The good news is I still have every single pic.

Alex

Gregadeth
01-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Your blog is awesome. I've read through every page and I don't even own a DeLorean yet. Very informative, detailed and yet easy to follow, will definitely come in handy when I get my car. Thanks for doing it.

kings1527
01-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Your blog is awesome. I've read through every page and I don't even own a DeLorean yet. Very informative, detailed and yet easy to follow, will definitely come in handy when I get my car. Thanks for doing it.

Thanks, Greg. I really appreciate it. I'll get those pics back up ASAP.

Ryan S.
01-17-2015, 09:40 AM

+1

:thumbup:

yuiou
05-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Looks like the pics are down on your blog.

121GWATT
06-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey Alex, any chance you can fix the photos on your site? Your instructions have been invaluable to me, but without the photos, it's kinda hard to follow along.
Thanks!

Riley88
06-19-2015, 12:56 AM
Alex , if you fix the pictures on your site...i will give you cookies

kings1527
06-19-2015, 01:05 AM
Haha...thanks guys, for the compliments.

I'm sorry...I know I've been real tardy getting those back up and running. I still have all of the pictures on my computer. The problem is working with blogspot to get them back on. I was working on one entry and just trying to insert the pictures back in but it was an incredible pain in the azz just getting the site to take the format of the picture that I want and keep the text in line.

The hard part is the text, which is all still there. But getting the pictures back in has been tough.

Let me try it all again and see what I can do.

Thanks,
Alex

durech
08-10-2015, 01:33 PM
I see some of the pictures showing up, so you must be doing something right. Looking forward to the site being fully restored. Great site and great information. You don't have pictures/ info related to window regulator replacement do you?

zimvsdib
10-15-2015, 07:23 PM
Hey Alex, I feel like we lost the best Delorean blog out there. You did such an amazing job it's really sad that it has been down for so long. Any chance you will ever have time to relink your photos again?
I know websites are time consuming but i think your blog something special. Don't give up buddy. Is there anything that can be done? Anything we can do to help you?

kings1527
10-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Hey Alex, I feel like we lost the best Delorean blog out there. You did such an amazing job it's really sad that it has been down for so long. Any chance you will ever have time to relink your photos again?
I know websites are time consuming but i think your blog something special. Don't give up buddy. Is there anything that can be done? Anything we can do to help you?

Hey there guys,

Thanks again for the compliments. Between selling a property, buying a new property, getting engaged, doing some construction in the new property, and getting everything in order (along with going to work), I've been really backed up lately. But I haven't forgotten about this and I still have ALL of the pics that I've taken along the way.

The deal is with blogspot. Very user-friendly when you're starting from level one but a complete pain in the ass to go back in and fix all of this. The big thing is that all of the text is still there. That was by far the hardest part. I think what I might do, is cut out all of the text out of each entry, re-submit all of the pics, and then cut and paste the text back in. Re-inserting the pics where they used to go isn't as simple as it sounds, I've found out. It's incredibly tedious but I'm very aware of how much my blog has meant to a lot of people and I WILL get this straightened out.

I'll tinker around with it this week and see what I can figure out and report back.

Best,
Alex

kings1527
10-18-2015, 11:01 PM
I see some of the pictures showing up, so you must be doing something right. Looking forward to the site being fully restored. Great site and great information. You don't have pictures/ info related to window regulator replacement do you?

Sorry, my car came with the new window regulators already installed (which are awesome, by the way). Excellent upgrade. But I've been inside the doors plenty of times and the install doesn't look incredibly difficult. Making sure each regulator is sitting in the proper spot inside the door (or not) seems to be the common denominator of people having issues with the install.

Pilot
10-20-2015, 04:58 PM
This is great news. I can't wait

yuiou
07-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Hi Alex. Any luck getting the pictures up?

Thanks.

krs09
07-21-2016, 01:40 PM

HUGE + 1.. One of the best tools out there.