PDA

View Full Version : Rear Harness Cover Section

pezzonovante88
12-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Has anyone tried this? Any pictures? http://store.delorean.com/p-10477-cover-assy-ss.aspx

Iznodmad
12-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I bought one at DCS 2010, still haven't put it on. I tend to buy parts and never install them. Strange, I know.

AdmiralSenn
12-20-2012, 08:00 PM
I got the plastic version and installed it on 3416.

It wasn't a huge difference, but it does latch somewhat more consistently than the original. Better than my old worn out one. The stainless one is supposed to be identical as far as fit, haven't asked anyone who has one though.

DMC5180
12-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I bought mine 2-3 yrs ago. It looks great and fits a little better than the original. Since it's Metal it does not flex. It just clears the corner of the air box for installation and removal. It is heavy, which is to be expected. When the latch is locked down, it essentially hangs from the top corner. I have had the latch pop open a couple times over the years. So you need to pay close attention when installing it. All that happens is the cover drops down about an inch and remains hanging from the hook. One of these days I'll install a safety pin clip thru the hole in the latch lever. This will ensure it never pops open by accident.

15574 15575 15576 15577

The flash washes out the stainless, it looks better in natural daylight.

mluder
12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
FWIW - The plastic replacement ones are pretty much garbage. I ordered one from Houston and it was so misshapen that the bottom portion is nowhere near catching the lower latch. At first I just though it was overall smaller than my original.
I managed to fidget with it enough and then used one of the fuel lines, which conveniently passes by the face of it, to hold it in place.

Meh. Maybe I just got a bad one. I didn't bother calling DMC to see if they'd send annother - I'm sure they would have but it wasn't worht the effort. Looks nice though.

Cheers
Steve