PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Party

ccurzio
12-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I've been invited to a New Year's party, and the theme to the party is "BACK TO THE 80s". I'm racking my brain trying to figure out which of my cars to drive there. My 2007 A4, or the DeLorean. I just can't decide. :(

In all seriousness, I've spent the evening madly assembling my outfit. I went all out for as much accuracy as I could get. Here's what I've bought:

http://i.imgur.com/DSJNil.jpg
Not the best, but close enough for my purposes.

http://i.imgur.com/UnBVcl.jpg
Again, not really all that accurate but it'll do, especially since it'll be covered mostly by the vest.

http://i.imgur.com/WUSvGl.jpg
This, however, was the absolute shock of my search - totally accurate without actually being a Shah Safari shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/kjDUN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wXQc9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WHW7el.jpg
Of course.

At this point the only thing I really need is some black suspenders. I haven't decided if I'm going to waste time on getting shoes at all.

So what's everyone else doing for New Year's?

Kenny_Z
12-24-2012, 10:12 PM
So...no pants? What kind of new years party is that? ;)

I have one of those Casios from the 80s...if I could find it. Strangely enough I did not get it because of the movie, I got it because I really suck at math.

ccurzio
12-24-2012, 10:29 PM
So...no pants? What kind of new years party is that? ;)

The best kind.

But really, I own blue jeans so that's not a problem. However about a half hour ago I started to panic because I realized I'd forgotten something super important, so I got back on the clothing sites and ordered this:

http://i.imgur.com/KyGsu.jpg

And now I'm wondering how many people have the same level of dedication to accuracy to actually go out and buy purple Calvin Klein underwear.

I was also conscious enough to not only get the style that I prefer (even though it's in no way screen accurate), but to also get the kind that had the name written "all over it" rather than only in one spot.

yellowmxwheels23
12-25-2012, 04:52 AM
The best kind.

But really, I own blue jeans so that's not a problem. However about a half hour ago I started to panic because I realized I'd forgotten something super important, so I got back on the clothing sites and ordered this:

http://i.imgur.com/KyGsu.jpg

And now I'm wondering how many people have the same level of dedication to accuracy to actually go out and buy purple Calvin Klein underwear.

I was also conscious enough to not only get the style that I prefer (even though it's in no way screen accurate), but to also get the kind that had the name written "all over it" rather than only in one spot.

Yea but they were Calvin Klein butt huggers not boxer briefs.

ccurzio
12-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Yea but they were Calvin Klein butt huggers not boxer briefs.

I know. :)

It's purple Calvin Klein underwear and that's good enough for me.

EdR5150
12-25-2012, 09:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wXQc9.jpg

You bought a Les Paul for a Marty costume?

ccurzio
12-25-2012, 10:09 AM
It's a pin. It goes on the denim jacket next to the Art in Revolution button.

http://i.imgur.com/4bBnf.png

The guitar on his jacket is a slightly different guitar and it appears to be a bass guitar, but again, close enough.

EdR5150
12-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Ahh, good catch on those small details.

thirdmanj
12-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I know. :)

It's purple Calvin Klein underwear and that's good enough for me.

I bet Chad could tell ya!

sdg3205
12-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Now you need a Jennifer!

Patrick C
12-25-2012, 07:58 PM
With all of the drunks on the road, there is NO FREAKING WAY I would be driving my DeLorean on New Year's. Just my opinion of course.

Dangermouse
12-25-2012, 09:47 PM
What Chris isn't saying is that the party's at his house!!! He's hosting a BTTF party to ensure he has the best costume and that the D will help him get the girl.

:)

ccurzio
12-25-2012, 09:51 PM
What Chris isn't saying is that the party's at his house!!! He's hosting a BTTF party to ensure he has the best costume and that the D will help him get the girl.

Definitely not my party. I do have to drive a bit to get where I'm going, but I'm planning on having a hotel ready within a tenth of a mile for me to crash rather than drive.

And I wish it was my party. If I could somehow arrange for a Jennifer Parker to my Marty McFly, I'd be all about it. :(

thirdmanj
12-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Definitely not my party. I do have to drive a bit to get where I'm going, but I'm planning on having a hotel ready within a tenth of a mile for me to crash rather than drive.

And I wish it was my party. If I could somehow arrange for a Jennifer Parker to my Marty McFly, I'd be all about it. :(

Does she have to be "to scale"?

ccurzio
12-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Melora Hardin was originally cast to play Jennifer, but was let go when it was discovered that she was taller than Michael.

I'm not as picky.

Shep
12-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Does she have to be "to scale"?Which scale, Part 1 or Part 2/3? The actress that played Jennifer in Part 1 was not the same actress as the one that played her in Parts 2 and 3. There is a noticeable height difference between the two, particularly important if you're taller and/or shorter than both, rather than having a height in between the two.

OverlandMan
12-26-2012, 11:22 PM
If it was between Claudia Wells and Elisabeth Shue, I'd take Shue.

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
particularly important if you're taller and/or shorter than both

See, this. Why is it "important"? :(

I'm just so annoyed with height constantly and consistently being an issue with people. It's become almost a daily thing.

Different topic: Claudia Wells is more attractive to me than Elizabeth Shue. They're both very pretty though.

thirdmanj
12-27-2012, 08:58 AM

It was a BTTF/friendly height joke for Chris that I thought he'd get and appreciate. Meh, I thought it was kinda clever. But yeah, the height thing is complete bullshit, it comes down to preference of the other party of course, but why even put it on a "list of criteria". Seems awfully shallow.

I've said it before, but I find the arguments over "who was a better Jennifer" are ridiculous if they take anything more into account than her looks. Her role was inconsequential to the first movie, and even more so to the trilogy. I think Chris is on the right track, I think the DeLorean crowd simply has more affection for Claudia because she is so active at BTTF and DeLorean themed events (and she'll sign your DeLoreans glove box if you send it to her).

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 09:15 AM
I just like her more from an attractiveness/personality standpoint. I'd have liked to have seen her interpret the role in II and III since, to me, Elizabeth Shue seemed to overact it a bit too much.

Claudia's Jennifer always seemed more "genuine" to me.

Kenny_Z
12-27-2012, 09:20 AM

I thought the joke was that he should dress up a barbie doll and carry that with him.

thirdmanj
12-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I thought the joke was that he should dress up a barbie doll and carry that with him.

Heh, good interpretation, and still funny!

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Hah, for the creepiness factor alone that's a great idea.

thirdmanj
12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I just like her more from an attractiveness/personality standpoint. I'd have liked to have seen her interpret the role in II and III since, to me, Elizabeth Shue seemed to overact it a bit too much.

Claudia's Jennifer always seemed more "genuine" to me.

Well, I guess we'll never know. Unless of course you've got a Time Machine, and can go back and prevent her mental breakdown. ;)

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 09:35 AM
She didn't have a breakdown, her mom was diagnosed with cancer.

And I'd say I have something like 7/10ths of a time machine. :)

thirdmanj
12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
She didn't have a breakdown, her mom was diagnosed with cancer.

And I'd say I have something like 7/10ths of a time machine. :)

Well, maybe she had a breakdown because of her mothers diagnosis, that, or Sam gave me some bad information.

SamHill
12-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, maybe she had a breakdown because of her mothers diagnosis, that, or Sam gave me some bad information.

I was repeating the speculation that was out there. I won't link to it, because it's none of my business. Who cares anyway, she's hot!

Jimmyvonviggle
12-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes it's true she stood home to care for her mother. Pretty incredible of her to give up a part in a sequel, considering how successful BTTF was. Daughter of the year.

thirdmanj
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
I was repeating the speculation that was out there. I won't link to it, because it's none of my business. Who cares anyway, she's hot!

Ahhhh, ok I see.

Timebender
12-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Melora Hardin was originally cast to play Jennifer, but was let go when it was discovered that she was taller than Michael.

I'm not as picky.

Google says she's 5'5"... how "tall" is MJF?

Wow. My wife is 5' 4". What always amazes me is how tall people look on film or TV, when in fact they're rather small. I used to work in film and TV but didn't remember how small actors are until I had to go to a shoot for a training video I was producing, and the green screen we used I stood way above it (I'm 6'7").. but it was perfect for our talent as it was the standard setting.

I believe actors need to be short in order to fit inside the TV.... :)

Timebender
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
It was a BTTF/friendly height joke for Chris that I thought he'd get and appreciate. Meh, I thought it was kinda clever.

I got it! Anyone else??

Shep
12-27-2012, 06:31 PM
See, this. Why is it "important"? :(

I'm just so annoyed with height constantly and consistently being an issue with people. It's become almost a daily thing.:confused0:

We were talking about scale, i.e. height. In that context, it's not just important, it's the entire topic. Personally, the only time I ever even think about height is when someone is taller than eight feet or if someone is shorter than five feet. I'm 5' 8" myself, so I'm used to looking up at people.

I believe actors need to be short in order to fit inside the TV.... :)As a side note: this is becoming less and less relevant as TV's get bigger and bigger. I've seen TV's that are six feet diagonal, and it seems they get an inch or two bigger every year. (And yes, that's what she said.)

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 06:36 PM
We were talking about scale, i.e. height. In that context, it's not just important, it's the entire topic.

I was asking because a lot of people seem to think that height is important in relation to a person they're in a relationship with. You're 5'8" and used to looking up at people? Imagine how I feel at 5'2". :)

Nobody wants anything to do with me. Heh.

(And yes, that's what she said.)

http://i.imgur.com/fbqK5.gif

Shep
12-27-2012, 08:49 PM
I was asking because a lot of people seem to think that height is important in relation to a person they're in a relationship with. You're 5'8" and used to looking up at people? Imagine how I feel at 5'2". :)

Nobody wants anything to do with me. Heh.Nobody wants anything to do with me either, but for entirely different reasons. :frown: One of those "pick your poison" things I guess, but that's a story for another thread.

ANYways, surely Chris can't be the only one with New Year's plans? I know I'm not doing anything other than staying up late and watching the ball drop, but c'mon, we can't all be that boring, right?

Dangermouse
01-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Well did you get the girl (or small horse) Chris?

I spent it introducing my kids to the movie magnificence of "Snatch". The new year was rung in at the moment BulletTooth Tony finally offed Boris. (on vacation so didn't have anywhere better to go)

thirdmanj
01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Why do they call him the "Bullet Doger"?

sphiend
01-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Was also hoping for a party update. (Not the girl part) just wondering how the car and costume worked out.

Dangermouse
01-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Why do they call him the "Bullet Doger"?

Feed 'im to the pigs, Errol.

The DVD we had, has "pikey subtitles" that only are shown when a pikey is talking.

Back OT, perhaps Chris is still "celebrating"

Tillsy
01-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Was also hoping for a party update. (Not the girl part) just wondering how the car and costume worked out.

Likewise - I've been checking in regularly to see the photos.

As they say on the Internet, pics or it didn't happen ;)

mluder
01-03-2013, 02:58 AM
Here's me and my Jennifer before a BTTF party thrown by Yelp here in Portland last year. The DeLorean and our costumes were a hit.

Cheers
Steven

ccurzio
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Well done.

This is how mine turned out:

http://i.imgur.com/vYavZ.jpg

thirdmanj
01-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Aren't you facing the wrong way?

Side note: anyone else find in funny that Marty was always checking his watch and then shaking it?

mluder
01-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Well done.

This is how mine turned out:

http://i.imgur.com/vYavZ.jpg

Nice!

Cheers
Steven

ccurzio
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Aren't you facing the wrong way?

Side note: anyone else find in funny that Marty was always checking his watch and then shaking it?

The poster actually makes no sense at all since doc proves at the beginning of the movie that time travel doesn't affect clocks. :)