PDA

View Full Version : The history of VIN#04610

Andy
06-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello

My name is Andy, I'm from Belgium and since 2000, I'm the proud owner of a DeLorean DMC-12 with chassisnumber SCEDT26T1BD0004610. I've found through the DeLorean Production Chronology (http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf) that this exact DeLorean was sold in 1981 at dealer 5130, thats Bob Frink Chevrolet, Inc. 4811 Madison Avenue Sacramento CA 95841, to a guy named Steve E. Jordan, 7715 South Cliff Drive Fair Oaks, CA 95628.

Now, I've managed to locate the guy who imported my car in 1993 (or 1994?) into Belgium. His name is Frans Vercamer from Bruges and he bought my car from a collectioneur in Dallas (Texas). Unfortunatley, he only imported the car (together with 3 other DeLoreans) with the sole purpose of selling it in Belgium with profit; he has no furher interest in DeLoreans and doesnet have any more paperwork of my car. It took him a few years to get it registered here in Belgium (it was never officially imported into Belgium before) an I bought it in 2000 from the guy he sold it too.

I'm trying to find out the history of my car and I would very much appreciate it, if anybody could help me any further with my search and maybe answer a few questions I have:

1. Does anybody know a Steve E. Jordan from California? Maybe this person is still around and maybe someone could put me in contact with him or his family.
2. Does the adress in Fair Oaks (7715 South Cliff Drive) still exist? Would anybody in the area be zo kind to check if that person still lives there? And maybe ask where he went if he doesn't?
3. Does anybody know a Frans Vercamer from Belgium? And who in Dallas sold him a DeLorean in 1993 or 1994?
4. I'm still missing a link between Sacramento (California) and Dallas (Texas). Maybe it's the same Steve E. Jordan that moved over there? Who knows ...

I know it's a long shot with this, bu any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance from Belgium.

Verbrugghe Andy
BELGIUM

Rhsxo
06-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I have never heard of him but you could try sending him a letter and see if you get a response. You never know, he may still be there.

Andy
12-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Is there nobody that would be willing to take a look at this adress ( 7715 South Cliff Drive in Fair Oaks California ) and see if a Steve E. Jordan still lives there?

According to the DeLorean Production Chronology, the owner of VIN#04573 is resided in Fair Oaks California ; would the owner be on this board?

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610

Michael
12-08-2011, 09:03 AM
A quick Google search provides a ton of info, but mostly, the house was sold in Oct 1994, again in 2003 and in 2005 so I doubt the man you are looking for is still there.

A name search for Steven E. Jordan Ca. will give you a man who practices medicine in Ca. long shot but it is a contact.

You might also try Facebook since you have a middle inital it might narrow things down a bit.

Rhsxo
12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Andy,

Did you try writing him? I think Michael said it best that he has more than likley moved out of that house. I reviewed my records and found out that the D I'm purchasing was originally purchased from the same location.

So try the Michael's suggestion and try to contact him thru that media.

Glenn V
10-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Hello

My name is Andy, I'm from Belgium and since 2000, I'm the proud owner of a DeLorean DMC-12 with chassisnumber SCEDT26T1BD0004610. I've found through the DeLorean Production Chronology (http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf) that this exact DeLorean was sold in 1981 at dealer 5130, thats Bob Frink Chevrolet, Inc. 4811 Madison Avenue Sacramento CA 95841, to a guy named Steve E. Jordan, 7715 South Cliff Drive Fair Oaks, CA 95628.

Now, I've managed to locate the guy who imported my car in 1993 (or 1994?) into Belgium. His name is Frans Vercamer from Bruges and he bought my car from a collectioneur in Dallas (Texas). Unfortunatley, he only imported the car (together with 3 other DeLoreans) with the sole purpose of selling it in Belgium with profit; he has no furher interest in DeLoreans and doesnet have any more paperwork of my car. It took him a few years to get it registered here in Belgium (it was never officially imported into Belgium before) an I bought it in 2000 from the guy he sold it too.

I'm trying to find out the history of my car and I would very much appreciate it, if anybody could help me any further with my search and maybe answer a few questions I have:

1. Does anybody know a Steve E. Jordan from California? Maybe this person is still around and maybe someone could put me in contact with him or his family.
2. Does the adress in Fair Oaks (7715 South Cliff Drive) still exist? Would anybody in the area be zo kind to check if that person still lives there? And maybe ask where he went if he doesn't?
3. Does anybody know a Frans Vercamer from Belgium? And who in Dallas sold him a DeLorean in 1993 or 1994?
4. I'm still missing a link between Sacramento (California) and Dallas (Texas). Maybe it's the same Steve E. Jordan that moved over there? Who knows ...

I know it's a long shot with this, bu any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance from Belgium.

Verbrugghe Andy
BELGIUM

Stumbled on your post googling my own name, because, well, yeah, people do that. Guy who imported 4 deloreans to Belgium was my dad, he didn't flip oldtimers for profit, he used to collect them, most of them anyway, has information on the ones he loved, I found you on facebook, try to contact you there, see if I can find anything for you.

Andy
10-10-2016, 03:04 AM
Stumbled on your post googling my own name, because, well, yeah, people do that. Guy who imported 4 deloreans to Belgium was my dad, he didn't flip oldtimers for profit, he used to collect them, most of them anyway, has information on the ones he loved, I found you on facebook, try to contact you there, see if I can find anything for you.

Hi Glenn

Yes, I'm still trying to find out the history on my car, but lately the 'search' has been a bit quit. I would be very helpfull if you could help me try to find the missing links on my car ....