PDA

View Full Version : Need to rent DeLorean on 1/23 in Atlanta

fhoople
01-16-2013, 08:45 AM
My company is having a Back to the Future themed company meeting and will be filming a short segment. We need to rent a DeLorean for about 2-3 hours for the film segment. The film segment will only be used internally.

We are located in North Atlanta but would be willing to travel. Please reply or contact me at 678-872-7337!

Thanks!
Faith

ccurzio
01-16-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi Faith.

What would this rental involve and what would it pay?

Thanks.

fhoople
01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
We will be filming our principals driving in the car for a short sequence. The sequence will be in a parking lot and not on any road or highway with traffic.

We're able to negotiate on the rental - would $300 be in a range that would work for you?

Thanks-
Faith

Hi Faith.

What would this rental involve and what would it pay?

Thanks.

ccurzio
01-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Understood. Unfortunately I don't let others drive my car so I'll have to bow out of this one. Thanks!

DL4567
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Faith,

Do you know what kind of driving is involved? "Normal" slow-ish safe driving, or more like the mall parking lot scene in BTTF?

fhoople
01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
It would be very slow and very safe. And honestly, it would be fine if the owner drove the car - I just need my principals filmed getting into it.

Would that work for you?

Thanks-
Faith

Hi Faith,

Do you know what kind of driving is involved? "Normal" slow-ish safe driving, or more like the mall parking lot scene in BTTF?

chenderson2k
01-16-2013, 03:52 PM
If you guys can't work something out let me know. I'm willing to do it for $400 with me doing the driving. I would do it cheaper but I need enough money to cover my travel expenses.

DL4567
01-16-2013, 06:23 PM
It would be very slow and very safe. And honestly, it would be fine if the owner drove the car - I just need my principals filmed getting into it.

Would that work for you?

Thanks-
Faith

Hi Faith,

Yes, that sounds good. I'd much prefer to drive the car if possible. I've sent you a PM.

DL4567
01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
I swear, some people just don't have the most basic, common courtesy.

Faith hasn't been on here since her last post, Wednesday 1/16 at 12:33pm. Hasn't even looked at the site to see our responses past that time.
In my PM to her that evening, I basically offered her my car if all the details of usage were ok. With no reply through Friday, then through the weekend, I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a few days.
But with her filming scheduled for this Wednesday, today I looked up her email address and wrote her, politely asking if she still needs the car.

This was her reply:
-------------
Derek,

Thank you so much for your follow-up! We’ve decided to go another, less labor intensive route.

Many thanks!
Faith
-------------

I'm glad she responded to the email, but after changing her plans she could have posted just a quick message on here letting us know. Sheesh. :rolleyes1: