PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Biff's Cane from BTTF II

Dracula
01-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I contacted a sculptor to create a custom cane for me and, as a favor to the sculptor, he asked me to help him advertise some of his other products. In keeping with my word, I'm listing this here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/120006387/pre-order-discount-back-to-the-future

It's a chance to get in on the pre-order discount price for this cane. Once the first production run of pre-order pieces is filled, the price will increase.

Any details about the product that you would like answered I'll try my best with.

thirdmanj
01-16-2013, 12:49 PM
That'd make a cool shift knob huh?

Dracula
01-16-2013, 03:08 PM
You can use it as a romantic aide in your love life, for all I care, as long as it generates sales.

thirdmanj
01-16-2013, 03:09 PM
You can use it as a romantic aide in your love life, for all I care, as long as it generates sales.

:D I missed you bro' !!

chenderson2k
01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
This would be sweet to keep in a time machine converted Delorean.

Dracula
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
This would be sweet to keep in a time machine converted Delorean.

That was part of the idea; though, it doesn't have to be a time machine car.

I was contacted by the merchant who's selling the canes and as of now, there are only a total of 9 pre-order slots remaining.

Dracula
01-18-2013, 01:49 PM
8 spots left and then the pre-order is closed.

The sculptor and seller have updated the ad with more pictures.

Mjasinski
01-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Ordered me one! :)

Dracula
01-29-2013, 03:56 AM
7 spots left and then the pre-order is closed.

Casting should be in this week, with final products to be shipped shortly thereafter.

Dracula
02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
We are down to 2 pre-orders remaining. This is your LAST CHANCE to get in on it; once these two spots fill, the discount ends. Get yours before price increases.

Mjasinski
02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
If we ever get them...date seems to keep getting pushed back.

Dracula
02-12-2013, 06:35 PM

That's the reason that pre-orders are offered at a discount. There are often unforeseen issues that arise when the item enters production. I've spoken with the sculptor about the delay; as I have him working on a non-BTTF project for me, and he's doing everything that he can to get them produced as soon as possible.

There was the unforeseen glitch in the casting that rendered the canes unfit for sale. You could have had one already, but it would've been a substandard piece pock-marked with holes.

DL4567
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
What in the world? I thought you hated everything about BTTF, including the props. Not looking to start an argument or anything, I'm genuinely asking... why the cane? Is it because of your interest in top hats, capes and canes and such?

Dracula
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
What in the world? I thought you hated everything about BTTF, including the props. Not looking to start an argument or anything, I'm genuinely asking... why the cane? Is it because of your interest in top hats, capes and canes and such?

I don't hate BTTF; I hate the fandom; ergo the assumption by 90% of the public that it's the reason that I own a DeLorean and the only reason to own one.

THIS is the piece that I'm having made for me:

Available, through them, here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115083617/pre-order-discount-dark-shadows-american

As I said in my first post, I'm helping him advertise the piece as a favor for custom-creating the Wolf's Head cane for me. The fact that he was making a Biff cane was brought up when he found out that I owned a DeLorean.

DL4567
02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying. Makes sense now.

LEVY
05-06-2013, 09:51 AM
So you have the finished product you had paid for?

If so, are you happy with the quality vs money paid?

Some times is better to pay a little more when you know the product is on hand and ready to ship.

If the product is ready and good quality, I'm interested.

LEVY

Dracula
05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
There have been a few delays in casting; I can request pictures of one of the fist units, as I have no interest in owning one for myself.

Trstno1
07-15-2015, 04:47 PM
There have been a few delays in casting; I can request pictures of one of the fist units, as I have no interest in owning one for myself.

I know it's been awhile on this one, but are the canes available for sale somewhere?