PDA

View Full Version : Crashed Delorean in Toms River NJ

Nick774
01-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Does anybody in and around New Jersey know of a man from Toms River who had a Delorean and crashed it into a brick wall. About 5 years ago a D popped up for sale down the road from me here in Howell and I went there to see it and very possibly buy it, money in hand. Well I had went back to the location earlier today and talked with the man who was selling it. He said the car was given to a guy he knew to fix it up and when the cars rear end was jacked up with the engine running it slid off the jack and went head on into a brick wall. The owner didnt realize it was in gear until he saw the end result:jawdrop:

Anyways I trying hard to locate either the remains of the car or the owner because when I saw it for sale there was a second frame to go with it. I have been really trying to find a donor frame no matter what condition to repair mine or in general just replace. Im really not looking to go the vendor route. I had always kicked myself in the ass for not buying it then. Now I feel horrible as If I contributed to this cars demise. I could have prevented this. :banghead:

Anybody know about this Bojo.

sdg3205
01-16-2013, 09:58 PM
I believe there is a frame for sale near Seattle. I can put you in touch with someone if you'd like.

Dangermouse
01-17-2013, 08:47 AM
LOL, I thought you meant someone had crashed a D into a river :eek5:

Can't have been badly damaged if it just rolled off a jack into the wall. You should have asked the PO what the VIN was and you could maybe track it down from there.

Evildeli
01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
LOL, I thought you meant someone had crashed a D into a river :eek5:

I read it the same way. Was wondering if the D would float.

Jonathan
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Can't have been badly damaged if it just rolled off a jack into the wall. You should have asked the PO what the VIN was and you could maybe track it down from there.

When I read it I thought it sounded like the scene from Ferris Bueller with Cameron's Dad's Ferrari. He said the rear end was in the air and the engine was running and it was in gear. Not sure why the accelerator would be wedged down, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Nick774
01-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Hey guys the car from what i was told was severely damaged and parted out. I cant imagine how it could have been damaged so bad even if this is the truth. Just a shame though.

What condition of frame is in Seattle?