PDA

View Full Version : Time to get registered!! Celebration Exotic Car Festival 04/11/2013 - 04/14/2013

Mike C.
01-17-2013, 07:25 AM
http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2012/imgs/header_logo.png

Hello DMCTalk.org--

It's really amazing how time has flown this year, but we have received the official show dates and we would like to invite you all to the 2013 Celebration Exotic Car Festival, which runs April 11-14, 2013, and celebrates the 10th anniversary of this amazing event!
The Celebration Exotic Car Festival (or CECF) has literally blown up in recognition globally, and has officially been listed as one of the car shows you MUST attend. But, why just attend???
Thanks to long time owner DeLorean owner and show organizer Jeff Ippoliti and the hard work of our friend Tony Ierardi at DeLorean Motor Company Florida/ Gulf Coast Motorworks who also sponsors the show, the DeLorean is one of the few automotive marques permitted to attend this limited access car show. The advantages of having a strong showing of beautiful DeLoreans at CECF is it gives opportunity to show the people in attendance that you do NOT have to spend 6 figures to have an amazingly unique, eye catching sports car that will still garner more attention than a lot of exotics. It truly is amazing, the number of questions DeLorean owners get asked, and the show definitely does an amazing amount of P.R. for the cars. Where else can you see a DeLorean sitting across from a million dollar Bugatti?
If this is your first time considering attending CECF 2013, here are some independant reviews of the past car shows, so you can read about what you can expect:

http://1opinionatedwoman.blogspot.com/2012/04/celebration-exotic-car-festival-2012.html
http://www.exoticsandluxury.com/2011-celebration-exotic-car-festival
http://www.fireballrun.com/press/9th-annual-celebration-exotic-car-festival-charity-event

Charity Benefits

The car show, dinners, track day, and rally are all for a very good purpose, and that should be another reason for you to attend. The CECF benefits some wonderful charities, including the Make-a-Wish Foundation, Special Olympics, and Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital. So far, the CECF has raised over $800,000.00 for these exceptional charities. Why not plan a few days next April and help raise a few more dollars for some very needy children?

Do I have to attend every event?

Absolutely not! If you feel like attending the track days and just the dinners, you are more than welcome to do so. If you would only like to participate in the rally and car show, you can do that too! You can pick and choose what events you would like to attend. The actual car show will be on Saturday, April 13, 2013 starting from 8am and concluding with an awards ceremony which should wrap up around 4pm.
For the latest run down on all scheduled events, please check out www.celebrationexoticcars.com. As they update their site, the events for the 2013 show will be fully announced. Also, keep an eye out! You never know what celebrity you will run into! Claudia Wells has been attending the show for numerous years. Other notables in the past are Ernie Hudson, Corey Feldman, and Christopher McDonald. Don't be surprised if you run into Katherine DeLorean, as she has attended in the past years as well.

Registration?

Registration for the 2013 events has not opened yet, so keep an eye out here or on their website. We will let you know when you can register your vehicle.

How many DeLoreans usually attend?

I belive the largest number of DeLoreans in attendance has been 19. I would love to see that number this year, if not BEAT it. Last year, we had a total of 11 DeLoreans register, mainly because DCS was literally 60 days away, and it was hard for people to attend both shows. The good news is we do not have to contend with DCS this year, so we are hoping for an amazing turn out again for 2013. The great thing about the event dates being released early is it gives people the opportunity to make plans in advance.

What are the awards?

This is also a JUDGED car show! Make sure you detail your cars to the 9's, as we hand out Platinum, Gold, and Silver awards every year. We are usually able to hand out multiple Platinum trophies, as well as a single gold and silver trophy. I would love to see a long line of award winning DeLoreans during the car show again this year. But please, don't let the trophy be the only reason you attend this show. Remember the children need your support! We can promise you an amazing car show full of cars you will never see at one time again, not to mention a chance to sit and chat with some of the greatest car owners in one beautiful setting!

Please keep your eye out for further information as it becomes available. April is a beautiful time to visit Central Florida, and the car show just keeps getting better every year. We hope to see you there!!!

ccurzio
01-17-2013, 07:56 AM
I might actually do this one this year if my schedule in April isn't tied up. I've yet to do a car show and this seems like a good intro.

Also track day. :D

Lenny
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I was getting ready to post the question has anyone heard about registration. There was nothing on the site. I went to thier facebook page and checked that also. They describe the show "as one of the top 5 exotic car festivals in the world. A 100% volunteer non-profit event benefiting children's charities,"

Yesterday I asked my kids if they were going to attend again this year. We will probably stay at Disney's Animal Kingdom again this year.

I'd like to have dinner after the show again this year if we can do it.

My wife would like for the temperature to be cooler than last year. Who is in charge of that:hihi2:

I'll see everyone again this year.

Lenny
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
I just posted a question on their facebook page asking when they were going to post the registration.

Mike C.
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
I saw that last night :)

I also emailed Jeff Ippoliti very early this morning while i was forum watching, so I will hopefully have an answer today as to what's up with registration.

ccurzio
01-28-2013, 09:56 AM
When it opens up, I might actually be able to make this one! I knew I was going to be out of town sometime in mid-April, but it's looking like the dates won't actually overlap. Nice. :)

Lenny
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
The webpage has been updated for 2013. http://celebrationexoticcars.com/2013/I couldn't find the online registration yet.

Lenny
01-29-2013, 07:22 PM
I just registered!!! See all of you there

Mike C.
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the update, Lenny! See you there!

-Mike

Lenny
01-30-2013, 06:58 AM
Mike,
we have two threads on this why not close this one and let the other one roll.

Mike C.
01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
We always run two. One is for the ones that visit the DCF section, and the other is for the special events for the people who don't.

Mike C.
03-04-2013, 12:06 PM
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION UPDATE!!

I spoke to Tony from DMCFL, and once again, he has graciously offered to cover half of the registration costs for the first 10 people to register their cars BEFORE APRIL 1, 2013. This offer applies to persons who have already registered as well.

Here's how it works: Register your vehicle as normal on the CECF website. On the day of the show, as long as you and your car show up as scheduled and participate in the show, Tony will be there with a $25.00 check!

Please remember, if for some reason you can NOT attend, or your car does not make it to the show, the offer does not count. You MUST be present with your delorean IN THE SHOW to receive the registration discount!!!

Thank you again Tony and DMCFL for this more than generous offer.

Remember, get yourself registered BEFORE 04/01/2013 to receive your discount!! I look forward to seeing you all at Celebration 2013.

-Mike

Morpheus
03-11-2013, 08:47 AM
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION UPDATE!!

I spoke to Tony from DMCFL, and once again, he has graciously offered to cover half of the registration costs for the first 10 people to register their cars BEFORE APRIL 1, 2013. This offer applies to persons who have already registered as well.

Here's how it works: Register your vehicle as normal on the CECF website. On the day of the show, as long as you and your car show up as scheduled and participate in the show, Tony will be there with a $25.00 check!

Please remember, if for some reason you can NOT attend, or your car does not make it to the show, the offer does not count. You MUST be present with your delorean IN THE SHOW to receive the registration discount!!!

Thank you again Tony and DMCFL for this more than generous offer.

Remember, get yourself registered BEFORE 04/01/2013 to receive your discount!! I look forward to seeing you all at Celebration 2013.

-Mike

I have yet another REGISTRATION UPDATE!!!

I spoke to Tony this weekend and he has extended the discount incentive to ANYONE who registers BEFORE APRIL 10th! No more 10 car limit! However, if for some reason you can NOT attend, or your car does not make it to the show, the offer does not count. You MUST be present with your DeLorean IN THE SHOW to receive the registration discount!!!

Morpheus
03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Ok guys, as of today we only have 2 cars registered for the show and we are about 3 weeks out. Usually we have 10 or so cars by this point!

Remember, Tony from DMCFL will cover half of your admission fee, so in the end it will only cost you a $25 donation. Let's get registered, guys and gals!

Iceguy
03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Make that 3 ! I'm going to register right now.

Morpheus
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Awesome, thanks!

Morpheus
03-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Registration Update!

As of today, we have 7 cars registered for the show. We would love to have an even 10!

If anyone is interested, Tony's "half off" deal is good for anyone who registers between now and April 10th.

whocruiser
04-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Sorry to say that I won't be able to make it this year. Time & money are both in short supply at the moment, so other things have to take priority :-(

I'll miss seeing y'all, have fun...

Nicholas R
04-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Man I wish I could make it this year. I really want to take advantage of track day! :deviltail:

Oh well, hopefully next year.

Evildeli
04-05-2013, 09:45 AM
It's looking doubtful that I can make it this year. Too many family matters. Hopefully I can attend the next tech session since I got a lot of work mounting up again.

Morpheus
04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
A big Thank You to all those owners who registered and brought their cars out for the show, it was a great success! Every DeLorean in the show was in beautiful condition and was awarded a trophy.

Next year, I hope to have my car in good enough shape to show it off, but until then I will be working away on it.

Thanks again, everyone!

Nicholas R
04-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Are there pictures from the show anywhere?

I'll have my car in Florida next year so I'll definitely be there! :D

Iceguy
04-19-2013, 07:59 PM
heres a couple pics - This was my first show - it was awsome.

DeLorean937
04-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it this year guys!! It killed me to miss my first DCF event, but I started a new position with in my company and was in training. Hope all went well and many mushroom stamps were givin!!