PDA

View Full Version : DCVA New Year Greetings!

1Mcfly4u
01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone,
Since no one has touched the old DCVA threads in a while I thought I'd resurrect them by wishing everyone a happy New Year. Yeah Yeah I know it's the 22nd, a bit past the New Year but cmon, we have to start somewhere. So if you're still in VA (or close) and still loving your D drop a post, tell everyone what you're doing and what you plan to do with your car this year. I guess I will go first:

I finally finished moving, well with the exception of the D's. Had to leave them behind at my old house temporarily (luckily I own that house and have stored them safely in the garage.) I plan on moving them both to the new house, that is once I get the front tire put back on 2808 (had a vendor holding me up on that part trying to get some parts). Once I them home I will try to figure out why my 10k engine stopped working a week after I got it home. I plan on trying to have some kind of meet at the old house (hopefully to get some help from more creative and seasoned DMC'ers to help me get my baby back on the road.) I am willing to pay in beer and pizza to any takers :wrenchin::biggrin:.

So, post away fellow DCVA'ers!

thirdmanj
01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
We need to coordinate with Josh, and sees about a tech session!

SamHill
01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello!

7041 has been stowed away for many months now. I still hope to get closer to Hampton Roads to participate regularly, but I have to do the job up here in DC for now.

What I have been up to: jaunts up and down the east coast with the gf, eating Pho, trying to get back in shape. I joined Planet Fitness and I like that they have so many locations. I've been to the one in Hampton. It's nice and new and super cheap.

Last week was restaurant week in VA Beach so I went to the Black Angus and had a good 3 course meal. $20 to $30 for a 3 course is pretty good: you shouldn't pass up restaurant week. I believe it's in Norfolk this week. My advice is to skip ordering drinks, that's where they make up their costs for these events.

Hope to get to a get together this summer when it warms up.

Take care, everyone.

Delorean Industries
01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Just let me know when you are thinking!

orbitron3000
01-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Hello

Been working with Toby from DMCNW to try and troubleshoot the remote start on 5780. Will soon be doing some basic and routine maintenance on the car (spark plugs, oil check, etc). Also trying to get the driver's sunvisor installed.

Stay warm out there (15* right now)

Iznodmad
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd consider the drive up for a tech session. Sometimes it's more fun to just attend one, rather than host one. I'll be watching in case a meeting time materializes.

thirdmanj
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Chuck, you mentioned that you've got two places and the DeLoreans you have are being stored at one? Maybe we could host the tech meet there?

1Mcfly4u
02-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Yep, my cars are at the old house which is where I'd like to hold the Tech session. I've got a little two car garage, one bay being occupied with one Delo, the other empty. The down side is all of my tools are here at my new house so if we do meet up it would be good if everyone brought some tools with them. Once I get the cars over here an future sessions wold be held here. I was thinking last week of March, first week of April, hoping that the weather would be a little more stable, or if anyone else has any ideas toss them out and we can see what everyone can agree upon.

thirdmanj
02-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Yep, my cars are at the old house which is where I'd like to hold the Tech session. I've got a little two car garage, one bay being occupied with one Delo, the other empty. The down side is all of my tools are here at my new house so if we do meet up it would be good if everyone brought some tools with them. Once I get the cars over here an future sessions wold be held here. I was thinking last week of March, first week of April, hoping that the weather would be a little more stable, or if anyone else has any ideas toss them out and we can see what everyone can agree upon.

I'm liking this plan!

Mike Z
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Hope everyone's year is going great so far. I'm still around but I found a house to buy and hopefully I'll be in there by May so that's kind of got me occupied for now. After that a DeLorean will be the next big purchase but I'm not 100% sure when exactly.

I'm always willing to meet up if it's relatively close by and I'm happy to lend a hand.

Kevin
02-16-2013, 01:49 AM
Just came across this thread, I'd be interested in driving over as well.

I remember you telling me about your car not starting anymore, Chuck, I bet we can figure it out. I've still got your quarter panel, too, but not on the car, hehe. Josh thinks he can fix my old quarter panel so I'm saving up funds to get that fixed by him as well as a long list of other issues.

Delorean Industries
02-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Throwing down on the list of tech meets that myself (DPI) will be in attendance at:

April 6-7th rumored Arizona tech day weekend
April 20th DMA Spring Social (Full trailer store will be in attendance)

The sooner we can know the Virginia date and also Darren's NC date the better!

thirdmanj
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Well Chuck, I submit the last week of March for this tech meet. Will you be available then? Josh, that look good for you?

1Mcfly4u
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
That's the weekend I was going to suggest, March 30th which is a Saturday. So let's start a list of who can come and we can plan stuff out for everyone.

SamHill
02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a good weekend; I will plan to attend.

thirdmanj
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Ok!! Hear that Josh?! Pen us in for the last weekend in March!!

This-is-f_cking-awesome...

SamHill
02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Ok!! Hear that Josh?! Pen us in for the last weekend in March!!

This-is-f_cking-awesome...

Dammit, now you got that in my head again.

thirdmanj
02-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Dammit, now you got that in my head again.

Yeah, U need to detail your car... smells like R. Kelly's sheets.

......pisssssssss

Kevin
02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
That weekend should work for me!

1Mcfly4u
02-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Looking good so far, the roster right now is:

1Mcfly4u
Samhill
thirdmanj
Kevin

Lets keep the list growing. Also toss out things you would like to do at the meet, small projects that we could all pitch in on and teach each other in the process. Also as we get closer to the date we can talk about food and beverages, hookers and blow ....just kidding.

thirdmanj
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
If I don't get to it before hand, I'd like to replace my steering column bushing. Josh knows about it I think.

P.S. Chuck, with all the DeLoreans there we should be covered on "blow", all that's left is the hookers, and I think on an earlier thread we established that one would fit in the trunk. ;)

SamHill
02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
If I don't get to it before hand, I'd like to replace my steering column bushing. Josh knows about it I think.

P.S. Chuck, with all the DeLoreans there we should be covered on "blow", all that's left is the hookers, and I think on an earlier thread we established that one would fit in the trunk. ;)

I'm sort of in a snowball situation. If I want new A pillars, then I should also want a new dasch and front speakers and windshield and and and...

Iznodmad
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM
I have been watching this thread. I'd really like to attend, but the timing is all wrong for me. The last weekend of March is Easter weekend, too many family commitments for me. Y'all have fun and post lots of pics!

thirdmanj
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
I have been watching this thread. I'd really like to attend, but the timing is all wrong for me. The last weekend of March is Easter weekend, too many family commitments for me. Y'all have fun and post lots of pics!

Yes indeed, it's Easter weekend and hopefully we'll be able to celebrate by bringing a DeLorean back from the dead!

1Mcfly4u
02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes indeed, it's Easter weekend and hopefully we'll be able to celebrate by bringing a DeLorean back from the dead!

Yeah, it's kind of a bad weekend for everyone with family commitments but I really miss my cars and am sticking to getting them over to the new house. I also picked a weekend where we are going into Spring Break (at least up here). Cmon, where's the Va peeps at!

thirdmanj
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Still waiting to hear back from Josh, regarding those dates.

thirdmanj
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
How does the 2nd weekend of April sound?

SamHill
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
How does the 2nd weekend of April sound?

How does my fist in your face sound? Just kidding. DMA is 3rd week in April, just FYI. If it's close enough, maybe they should be combined.

thirdmanj
02-27-2013, 02:28 PM
How does my fist in your face sound? Just kidding. DMA is 3rd week in April, just FYI. If it's close enough, maybe they should be combined.

Well the DMA would have to not mind coming down to Richmond. Getting Chucks beast up and running is kinda the main event. But I'm down for the 3rd week if Josh is ok with it. He's the one who suggested 2nd weekend in April might work, but haven't got the affirmative on that just yet.

SamHill
02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Well the DMA would have to not mind coming down to Richmond. Getting Chucks beast up and running is kinda the main event. But I'm down for the 3rd week if Josh is ok with it. He's the one who suggested 2nd weekend in April might work, but haven't got the affirmative on that just yet.

Gotcha. I'll be watching this space

1Mcfly4u
02-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Honestly either of the weeks is fine with me, I just want to get my car back on the road, or at least well on its' way to getting there. Though we should try to solidify something seeing as it's only a few weeks away.Also this will hopefully be the only time we have to have the meet at my old house, I plan to hold all the future ones here at my new house.

1Mcfly4u
03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Okay, due to the overwhelming silence of the posts since late February (but pretty decent view count, odd...) I am canceling this get together. I doubt I will try to organize anymore get togethers since no one seems interested, members and vendors included.

thirdmanj
03-18-2013, 07:00 AM
I think there's still interest. We just have to lock into a date and run it by Josh.

Delorean Industries
03-18-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm definitely still interested. I just need definite dates and the commitments required from DPI. Talk to you soon!

thirdmanj
03-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm definitely still interested. I just need definite dates and the commitments required from DPI. Talk to you soon!

Yes! Since it mainly involves your car, Chuck, it would be best if you choose the date that best fits your schedule! We can do this man.

Thanks Josh for coming in on this. Your willingness to work with us is much appreciated!

Delorean Industries
03-18-2013, 11:38 AM
If I can have a general idea of where it will be held such as a postal code? This way I can plan out other potential stops accordingly. Thanks!

1Mcfly4u
03-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Post 14 I set a date. That was almost a month ago, there were 4 people interested, one mention of Easter being a bad weekend, and only like two things mentioned for tech-y type things.

thirdmanj
03-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Post 14 I set a date. That was almost a month ago, there were 4 people interested, one mention of Easter being a bad weekend, and only like two things mentioned for tech-y type things.

Well, lets get another date set up then. I thought we communicated that Easter weekend was a no go. My bust.

Jim D
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
I am definitely interested in attending but Easter was not good for me.
Just let me know if rescheduled.