PDA

View Full Version : General Memphis -area D owners?

82DMC12
06-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

I received a potential job offer for the Memphis, TN area - totally out of the blue. It has given me a lot to think about since I would be leaving my hometown for the first time (I'm 28). I don't know a single person in Memphis, so I was just wondering if there are any active D-owners around there? Which club covers Memphis?

Andy

DavidProehl
06-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh no! We'd miss your visits here in MN! Not to be too selfish, but you know Minneapolis has a lot of great companies and it is only about 4 hours from Fargo....

tiger38117
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Helllooo Andy...

I live right in the heart of Memphis. Be happy to tell you all about our fair city, which really IS a great place to live.

I know of at least 6 other D's in Memphis (though I have only seen one in person) including a BTTF replica that I have been told is very accurate. There are folks here that can work on them if you don't like to do it yourself (though I have not used them). You're in for a heat shock coming from MN but you'll like it here.

Scott

82DMC12
06-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh no! We'd miss your visits here in MN! Not to be too selfish, but you know Minneapolis has a lot of great companies and it is only about 4 hours from Fargo....

Yeah I know, and I have it pretty decent here in ND, actually. But this job would be a huge step up in my industry and has the potential to double or triple my salary within a couple of years. Doing what I am already doing, only a lot more of it!

I know it gets hot and humid there, but it gets hot and humid in ND, too. But Memphis doesn't have the terrible winters we get. I could get used to that. I wouldn't need AWD so I could finally get that M3 vert I want....

Andy

Delorean02378
06-29-2011, 09:39 PM
You have a few Delorean owners in Nashville which are just 3 hours away. I visit West TN on a regular basis so let me know if you make the move.

Kirk
02378-15500

DMCMW Dave
06-29-2011, 09:55 PM
There are folks here that can work on them if you don't like to do it yourself (though I have not used them).
Scott

If I know Andy, he'll end up working on everyone else's D!

82DMC12
06-29-2011, 10:03 PM

I was thinking about playing dumb and seeing if I can get someone else to work on my car for me.

Andy

tiger38117
06-29-2011, 10:29 PM

And that's ok too...help is always nice!

jmrydholm
06-30-2011, 12:52 AM
I used to live in Memphis, Raines Road and Hickory Hill area, but this was way back in 2000 long before I acquired my time circuits. Now I'm stuck here in good ol' Missouri... :) I miss the place though. It'll always be a place I lived 1/2 my life in.

82DMC12
06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice to hear there are a few other D's out there! This would put me in the Cordova/Germantown area. I probably won't decide for a couple weeks; they are flying me out there to see the place whenever I want, so I will do that and talk some numbers with them.

Andy

tgraham
06-30-2011, 09:04 AM
...Memphis doesn't have the terrible winters we get. I could get used to that.

Yes, you can actually drive your DeLorean (at least some) all year round! They rarely salt the roads, though this past winter was an exception. And when they do salt, it'll rain for a few days afterwards to wash it away.

Travis
(in Nashville)

dmc6960
06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
That would also eliminate any chance of my assistance with your frame-off this fall.

It would be sad to see you go, but DEFINITELY go for the opportunity.

jmrydholm
06-30-2011, 11:54 AM
I remember one time, back in Winter 1999/2000, I slid all the way down the Perkins exit ramp to Winchester at 5mph in my old Datsun. I almost hit an abandoned Jeep sitting in the middle of the road! Nobody was out that day, they cancelled all my classes at University of Memphis. Was beautiful outside though. Everything was coated in ice!