PDA

View Full Version : Alarm install question, to get parking lights to flash with DMCH Switch

DeLorean
01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Ok, so doing an alarm install (with keyless entry) and I have most thigs figured out. The alarm control unit grounds to trigger things like the lights, and power door locks. Grounding on one terminal of the lock module, and the locks lock. Ground on the other terminal, and they un lock. This in combination with arming and disarming of the alarm.

Is there a wire that I can ground, and have the parking lights illuminate? Preferably one that does not draw a lot of amperage - I can add a relay if need be. ANy thoughts as to if this will affect the operation of the DMCH headlight switch?

- also, I think there may be a dip switch, which can change the parking light flash output to + rather than - but I need to double check that.

Chris4099
01-28-2013, 12:20 PM
You'll need a standard automotive relay to convert the ground trigger to a 12V+. Then take this 12+ and tap into the parking light fuse (either left or right circuit, doesn't matter). When you power one side, the power goes across to the other side and will flash it too. It will also flash the dash lights, but that's no big deal and there should not be any standby current loss. This will work with either the stock light switch or the DMCH unit.

DMC5180
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Ok, so doing an alarm install (with keyless entry) and I have most thigs figured out. The alarm control unit grounds to trigger things like the lights, and power door locks. Grounding on one terminal of the lock module, and the locks lock. Ground on the other terminal, and they un lock. This in combination with arming and disarming of the alarm.

Is there a wire that I can ground, and have the parking lights illuminate? Preferably one that does not draw a lot of amperage - I can add a relay if need be. ANy thoughts as to if this will affect the operation of the DMCH headlight switch?

- also, I think there may be a dip switch, which can change the parking light flash output to + rather than - but I need to double check that.

You have too supply 12V+ to the Red/green wire which feeds Fuse 2 and 8 (left side,right side lighting) preferably with a diode from the Alarm unit. This should not effect a DMCH headlight switch as long as the tie in to the circuit is down stream from the switch. If you were using a DPNW Wings-a-loft/alarm unit. It comes with a small wired PCB which replaces fuse 8 so that you get the park lights flash feature. You can do the same thing using a BUSS (ATC) ADD-A-LINE . I have one installed in my fuse 13 location. There are 2 fuses laying flat. The top fuse (Visible) is the added circuit with the Red wire off the corner. The lower fuse maintains the original circuit. By using one of these you would connect the alarm feed to the red wire, (you must have a fuse in it to complete the circuit) In my case I use it as the 12V trigger for the the DMCH headlight switch auto OFF feature.

http://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-line-Blade-Adapter-Circuit/dp/B005T8IVAO You should be able to get them at any Auto Parts store.

DeLorean
02-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Yep, got it! Installed a Bosch relay (grounds to activate) and it powers the parking lights. Works like a charm!