PDA

View Full Version : Looks like VideoBob's TV show car is up for sale.....

nullset
01-29-2013, 12:20 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/3495414576.html

I think this is the one that was made for the TV show, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

--buddy

DMCMW Dave
01-29-2013, 12:21 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ctd/3495414576.html

I think this is the one that was made for the TV show, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

--buddy

The TV show car (Auction kings) is (or was?) in Illinois so it would be odd to see it in an Atlanta auction.

nullset
01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
On further search, the car listed is not actually shown in atlanta. It's a link to "haggleme.com", with a phone number in Michigan.

It's probably a scam, or at least a car that's not in Atlanta.

Dangermouse
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
If you follow the links, the contact # is area code 231, which comes back as Michigan. Could be a cell of course, or just a brokerage.

They were asking $65k for it back in August by Beebes Motors in Cadillac MI, but all references to them now point to "Haggle Me". Same guy's name though.

EDIT - posting over Buddy. Oops

Ryan King
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Its not Bob's
I can tell this is a terrible replica.

nullset
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
The listing at least claims it was built by VideoBob.

--buddy

nullset
01-29-2013, 10:58 PM
The listing (for posterity):

>>>>> Call For Location <<<<<

We are presenting to the world a Exact Replica of the Back To the Future Delorean. This was just completed by BTTFSTUFF.com, This prop was handmade in fort Worth, Texas, USA by Robert 'Videobob" moseley, a professional master prop builder whoe has built props for Hollywood movies and is considered an expert in the props from the "Back to the Future" movies. Everything works and it Runs and Drives Great.

This is a Show Pleaser

kajcienski
01-30-2013, 12:05 AM
"Flagged for Romoval"?

Gary Weaver II
01-30-2013, 09:24 AM
It IS one of Bob's - Vin 6905 aka his #3 car.

Haggle Me still has it listed for sale - http://www.haggleme.com/Vehicle/29090/1981-Delorean-Back-To-The-Future-Replica.aspx However, they've dropped the price to $44,700.

Poor thing looks like it's falling apart.

-Gary

Its not Bob's
I can tell this is a terrible replica.

Patrick C
01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
A little Googling shows the seller is based out of Leroy, Michigan.

Nicholas R
01-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Poor thing looks like it's falling apart.

-Gary

How so? I looked through all the photos and only noticed two things. On of the props on the dash had cracks where a bolt was going into it, and there were some cap screws rusting. Otherwise it looked fine.

videobob
01-30-2013, 05:04 PM
Always check with the source! lol
Yes, that is one my cars, #3.
I am ashamed of this car, it was the worst one I ever built.
The client needed it in a super hurry, had a tiny budget and told me that he himself suffered from Parkinson's and wanted to use
the car as part of a fundraiser golf tournament.
We built this car in about a week.... not my best work.
These had my old vents that were to thin, wrong design, etc.
All that said, it certainly isn't "falling apart", I put these things together very well.
The parts will not come off.
A design note, I actually pre-rust those screws and bolts to add age and texture.
I have seen other replicas and they are a little to new and clean looking.
I want the car to look old, like it's been through time and space.
The patina gives it character.
I never saw the craigslist ad, but I know photos of my cars have been used in many scam ads like this.

thirdmanj
01-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Hiya Bob.

Gary Weaver II
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
My apologies. I saw the overly rusted screws, dangling tcd keypad, broken dash boxes, missing fusion latch, poorly fitted vent hoses and other parts I thought it was a sign the current owners simply werent treating it with much respect.

I had no idea it was SUPPOSED to look like that.

Gary

Michael
01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
My apologies. I saw the overly rusted screws, dangling tcd keypad, broken dash boxes, missing fusion latch, poorly fitted vent hoses and other parts I thought it was a sign the current owners simply werent treating it with much respect.

I had no idea it was SUPPOSED to look like that.

Gary

Why are you being such a dick?

Nicholas R
01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
Why are you being such a dick?

I agree, seems rather unjustified. :confused2:

Gary Weaver II
01-31-2013, 03:35 AM
I'd hardly call those TRUE observations about Bob's car being a dick. However, if I did want to be a dick, I'd consider myself completely justified. This is just one of the unsolicited emails I get from Videobob. I have plenty more - and even a video he sent me that would blow your mind.

--------------

"....except those blue lights look totally fucking gay.
Clean? yes it is... no personality.
just like you. Boring as paint drying.
I cant tell you how many people told me how lame you and your car was at the comic con.
How you were nervously guarding it and begging for fives to sit in
the car! ha haaa
you dumb douchebag!
I get $10 hahhahahabaha
If you kept your big beaver teeth mouth shit and not make jabs
at me you wouldn't have to put up with me responding to you.
I wish you would fucking die already.
Your such a spineless puke.
The way you couldn't even look me in the eye at the DMC show
and you faced the wall during my video presentation.
I pissed on your face and you don't even have the balls to tell
me to fuck off to my face.
fuckfard.
you are the epitome of a coward.
kill yourself."

ccurzio
01-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Let's stop with the attacks now, thanks.

thirdmanj
01-31-2013, 07:44 AM
I'd hardly call those TRUE observations about Bob's car being a dick. However, if I did want to be a dick, I'd consider myself completely justified. This is just one of the unsolicited emails I get from Videobob. I have plenty more - and even a video he sent me that would blow your mind.

--------------

"....except those blue lights look totally fucking gay.
Clean? yes it is... no personality.
just like you. Boring as paint drying.
I cant tell you how many people told me how lame you and your car was at the comic con.
How you were nervously guarding it and begging for fives to sit in
the car! ha haaa
you dumb douchebag!
I get $10 hahhahahabaha
If you kept your big beaver teeth mouth shit and not make jabs
at me you wouldn't have to put up with me responding to you.
I wish you would fucking die already.
Your such a spineless puke.
The way you couldn't even look me in the eye at the DMC show
and you faced the wall during my video presentation.
I pissed on your face and you don't even have the balls to tell
me to fuck off to my face.
fuckfard.
you are the epitome of a coward.
kill yourself."

Hiya Gary.

Dangermouse
01-31-2013, 10:44 AM
There's nothing like a BTTF thread to get it spiraling downwards in record time.

thirdmanj
01-31-2013, 11:20 AM
There's nothing like a BTTF thread to get it spiraling downwards in record time.

Hiya Dermot

Michael
01-31-2013, 11:21 AM

That's why offto55.com is so popular. The BTTF bunch ran it into the ground and they come here every so often with the exact.same BS, it always ends in a lock.

Gary Weaver II
01-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Lock....

Lock....

Lock....

:wave2:

Dangermouse
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
That's why offto55.com is so popular. The BTTF bunch ran it into the ground and they come here every so often with the exact.same BS, it always ends in a lock.

Now you have hit on something I have been wondering about.

Iirc that offto55.com is shut down as an active forum. Is there a replacement for BTTF car builders/fans, apart from here and Steve's BTTF.com?

BTTF-1
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Yes!

BTTFparts is up and running.

Yaaaaaaay!

ED:cry:::frantic:wiggle::wiggle::cry::frantic:

videobob
02-01-2013, 04:09 AM
I did say that this #3 car was one of the worst cars I ever built.
I admit that. What else can I say?
But it was something I did super cheap and super fast for a charity case.
It doesn't matter though, I can build a crappy car or a masterpiece, jealous and narcissistic people with insecurities
will always find something negative to say.
It has taken me almost a decade to learn this lesson, but this stuff rolls off my back now.
The only people who truly matter to me are my wife, my customers who are buying the cars
and the people whom I am taking from who have given me their endorsement.
People like Bob Gale, Kevin Pike, Andrew Probert and others who actually contributed to the movie.
Someone who is a plagiarist such as myself who copies those great people's work have no right to judge it or claim it as my own
the way Gary and other people try to do.

One of the reasons that "offto55.com" closed down was because Gary infiltrated it using a stolen password taken
from someone on his website that he hacked, he downloaded all their secret files and compromised their servers.
Since the owner of the site, J Ryan is working with Joe and the restoration team he has been focused on much more
important things, as have I.
I do however have a huge prop forum that also includes BTTF if you want to check it out:
http://www.bobspropshop.com/phpbb/index.php

I am currently wrapping up my 11th Time Machine and I can proudly say that this one is a really good car.
I will also have to give some credit to Gary for an unplanned contribution to the car.
Some of the parts I am using are parts that were originally put on Terry Matales' car built by Gary.
When Terry joined up with Joe and the team and he stripped every single Gary Weaver part from the car.
He was going to simply throw it all away but told me I could have it if I wanted it, so I took it for free.
At the end of the day, it's all just metal to me.
Some of the parts Gary built are very good, I will give him compliments to the time he put into some of them.
However my feelings about Gary are that his personality and actions supersede his talents.
(IE: Lance Armstrong)
So yeah, I admit, I have replied to some of his antics in a vulgar and immature way in the past but I am over those
types of stunts now. I am older and wiser now and I am learning to be a little bit more diplomatic when I can.

Thank you to those who support me!!!
See you at the next Delorean Car Show!!!

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 06:47 AM
So yeah, I admit, I have replied to some of his antics in a vulgar and immature way in the past but I am over those
types of stunts now. I am older and wiser now and I am learning to be a little bit more diplomatic...

Wow, again, what an incredibly narcissistic and self serving post. That thing was loaded with more self praise and plugs than a 30min TV special. I'm not surprised though, it's expected.

Oh, and in regards to that last little bit.. CRAP!! Based on our exchanges in the past via PM you haven't changed a bit.

videobob
02-01-2013, 07:18 AM
PM's James?
We have only had a few, first you were asking me to sell you some of my old parts I have pulled off my conversions, then you asked me about some weather stripping, then you went on to tell me about your amazing military service, in an attempt to bond with you on some sort of commonality I mentioned that
my latest customer at the time was also in the military and gave me a gift of a folded flag that was flown over his base and how honored I was to
receive such a gift.... you went on to tell me how worthless and common it was and that it made me a blow hard to even mention it to you.

I came to the conclusion that you are not interested in making friends, but rather to be a troll.
Other than your constant attempts to harass me in posts and in PM's I have had little interaction with you and considering that you have nothing
to do with this conversation there really is no point in addressing you further.

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 07:37 AM
PM's James?
We have only had a few, first you were asking me to sell you some of my old parts I have pulled off my conversions, then you asked me about some weather stripping, then you went on to tell me about your amazing military service, in an attempt to bond with you on some sort of commonality I mentioned that
my latest customer at the time was also in the military and gave me a gift of a folded flag that was flown over his base and how honored I was to
receive such a gift.... you went on to tell me how worthless and common it was and that it made me a blow hard to even mention it to you.

I came to the conclusion that you are not interested in making friends, but rather to be a troll.
Other than your constant attempts to harass me in posts and in PM's I have had little interaction with you and considering that you have nothing
to do with this conversation there really is no point in addressing you further.

You do indeed have the most incredible selective memory.

LoL, "amazing military service"? That doesn't even sound like me. Now I wish I woulda saved some of those PMs just to verify how full of bull you are. If there's anything to take from this, it's that VB can always be relied upon for some comical chest puffing! :hysterical:

videobob
02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I did save all of those messages, would you like me to post them?

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Heh Heh, turns out I did save them. I remember the exchange pretty good now... I only wish i had your replies to complete the other half of this little conversation.

Lets see, this is how it started. You accused me, on a thread, of being a troll and mentioned something about how I don't even use my real name. Then added some childish "say it to my face" type stuff, "come up to me at a car show". Below is the start of the exchange...

I don't see how it changes anything, but my name is James. I do hope to someday make it to an event like the show in FL but, as I'm in the military, my schedual hardly ever allows for free time like that. I'm sure we'll meet up one of these days and have a real conversation.

(That constitutes me talking about my. "amazing military service"? Does it?) Then, you launch into this huge, VB typical, boastful rant about one of your customers "puled some strings" and flew a flag in your honor, yada, yada... IIRC that went on for another paragraph Below is my reply...

Holy sh--. You don't quit do you? I mean I can understand being proud of ones achievements, but what makes you think I care that a former customer flew a flag over a base for you (what could you have possibly done to merit this anyway). It's pathetic in truth. I may be in the military, but it doesn't mean I give a fu-- about the pomp and circumstance B.S. Dont confuse this for hating. You're just a blow hard, A-Type personality. I drew this conclusion, from your many vids I've seen, and this need show off by sending me a pic of a useless ornament. We're just not the type that would get along in the real world. It would be great to get a chance to meet up face to face one of these days, just to confirm or dispel each others preconceived notions.

Then you got all butt hurt over it. "I was just trying to make nice..." followed by another paragraph about how great you are... below is my response.

Make nice? By boasting? That's good. Theres no real string pulling that's involved in flying a flag for someone. It just takes a two person detail and about five minutes. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the truth. To the outsider I suppose that could mean something, but my illusions have been shattered in my last 7 years in the service. No hiding dude. I'm right here, and I'm sure we'll bump into each other at a DeLorean event in the future. (no pun intended)

-James

Oh yeah, the weather stripping thing, I do remember now. It was an eBay query, you had one of your overpriced replicas on ebay, and the doors were missing their weather stripping. I wondered how you could be charging so much for a car that wasn't even complete!

btw, you claim to love "transparency"? Post your half of this exchange. You should be able to find them in your "sent messages" folder, unless you went out of your way to delete them.

videobob
02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Ok, here are my replies in the same order you have them...

"Cool.
Nice to meet you James.
My 8th car was to a soldier who is still in AF.
He had a flag flown in my honor at his base for me, pretty cool."

(insert your rant about my worthless flag)
and here was my reply...

"Useless ornament?
Someone thought enough of me to go through the trouble of pulling some strings and getting me this American flag (which I am sure they don't do for just anyone)
and mailed it to me from Afghanistan, and you call it a "useless ornament"?
Go f*ck yourself.
I am very proud of my achievements, of which there are many.
You will never accomplish 1/10th of what I have done in my life at 37.
Go hide behind your fake name and your guns and f*ck off.
I tried to be nice to you but you continue to insult me. "

Yeah, I think it is pretty clear to anyone.
You are a troll who is just an asshole.
I tried to answer your previous emails where you were pan-handling for my "left over parts", when that didn't please you, you decided to
start harassing me. You insulted me and my customer who did a nice thing for me and for what purpose?
Chill out and stop being a jerk to people.
That is all.

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Ok, here are my replies in the same order you have them...

"Cool.
Nice to meet you James.
My 8th car was to a soldier who is still in AF.
He had a flag flown in my honor at his base for me, pretty cool."

(insert your rant about my worthless flag)
and here was my reply...

"Useless ornament?
Someone thought enough of me to go through the trouble of pulling some strings and getting me this American flag (which I am sure they don't do for just anyone)
and mailed it to me from Afghanistan, and you call it a "useless ornament"?
Go f*ck yourself.
I am very proud of my achievements, of which there are many.
You will never accomplish 1/10th of what I have done in my life at 37.
Go hide behind your fake name and your guns and f*ck off.
I tried to be nice to you but you continue to insult me. "

Yeah, I think it is pretty clear to anyone.
You are a troll who is just an asshole.
I tried to answer your previous emails where you were pan-handling for my "left over parts", when that didn't please you, you decided to
start harassing me. You insulted me and my customer who did a nice thing for me and for what purpose?
Chill out and stop being a jerk to people.
That is all.

Let see, some of the original messages are intact... Just enough to tell that you haven't grown up at all.

videobob
02-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Not grown up?
Why? Because I used a naughty word?
I didn't think I would offend a baby killer like you who is so hardened that you find no patriotism or symbolism in a celebrated flag.
I will wash my mouth out with some soap and ask Mommy for a spanking.
Goodnight.

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Not grown up?
Why? Because I used a naughty word?
I didn't think I would offend a baby killer like you who is so hardened that you find no patriotism or symbolism in a celebrated flag.
I will wash my mouth out with some soap and ask Mommy for a spanking.
Goodnight.

THERES the Bob we know!

OverlandMan
02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
:popcorn::lockdance:

thirdmanj
02-01-2013, 09:01 AM
:popcorn::lockdance:

:yesss:

I liked that "Hardened baby killer" crap so much, I made it my signature!

Dangermouse
02-01-2013, 09:06 AM
BTTF threads are awesome.

We should have more of them.

NOT.

ccurzio
02-01-2013, 09:40 AM
I could have sworn i said to stop the attacks. Everyone.

Thread closed.