PDA

View Full Version : Wanted DeLorean with a v6 in it for $10,000 or less

Dalton3636
02-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Looking for a DeLorean near Ohio. I would like it to have a v6 int it for less than $10,000

thirdmanj
02-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Looking for a DeLorean near Ohio. I would like it to have a v6 int it for less than $10,000

By all accounts, I believe they come that way.....unless you want the four cylinder model :hihi2:

As for the "less than 10k" part. I wish you luck.

Dalton3636
02-02-2013, 08:56 PM
By all accounts, I believe they come that way.....unless you want the four cylinder model :hihi2:
That is true but I've seen multiple ones with a v8 in them.

thirdmanj
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM

They weren't stock.

Dalton3636
02-02-2013, 09:00 PM
They weren't stock.

I am aware of this.

thirdmanj
02-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I am aware of this.

Oh, good. Had me worried for a minute there. You said you'd like it to have a v6, like there was some other option. :lol:

Dalton3636
02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh, good. Had me worried for a minute there. You said you'd like it to have a v6, like there was some other option. :lol:

Oh, I see haha.

Michael
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
...... it for less than $10,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ZpHr5l0U0

Dangermouse
02-02-2013, 10:51 PM

I can think of only 3 with a V8.

Any one you see for sale will have a V6.

uhhair
02-02-2013, 11:09 PM
You might have more luck with a detailed posting, talking about the condition you'd like it in, how mechanically inclined you are, etc.

for $10k, you're looking at a project car that probably doesn't run, or runs rough, or has some sort of damage that needs repaired. Just as an FYI.

sdg3205
02-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Call josh at DPI. He is in Ohio.

You've read the thread on cheap deloreans?

Welcome.

Delorean Industries
02-03-2013, 12:17 AM
I can help with finding an owner looking to sell a cheap car. Unfortunately we no longer offer vehicles requiring work etc. This includes consignment sales as the buyer assumes regardless of condition that we are putting our name behind the vehicle for sale. I fully disclose all cars accurately including problems. Sellers do not understand that the buyers are my future clients.

As of January first 2013 all Deloreans sold at Dpi include fully restored chassis. There is no question of what is done or questionable. Everything is taken care of including:
Restored frame galvanized and powder coated
Every stainless component we produce (brake/fuel lines etc)
Full fuel system
Upgraded trans cooler (auto only)
Complete brake system over haul
All new suspension and rubber components Stainless control arms and ball joints etc
Stainless control arms
Complete cooling system (all new components with new radiator and fan upgrade)
Spec 1 exhaust system
Battery cable kit (complete)
12.9 trailing arm bolt kit
Full air conditioning system replaced
Zero mile full dpi spec engine package (efi or k jet depending on package options)
Refurbished rim and four new tires

And obviously they are very visually pleasing as expected. Our interactive build program will launch with the new site shorty. You can even choose your control arms or select a complete chassis package ranging from enhanced stock to full performance double adjustable coil overs.

Shep
02-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Looking for a DeLorean near Ohio. I would like it to have a v6 int it for less than $10,000The only DeLoreans in the $10,000 range are going to be parts cars, barn finds, wrecks, and DeLoreans needing a complete overhaul to make them even drivable. From what I'm seeing, there's many, many more DeLoreans in the $20,000 to $30,000 range, and those are generally great weekend drivers, even daily drivers.

What condition are you looking for? Any specific options (gas flap hood, silver wheels, grey interior, 5-speed, etc.) that you have in mind? Details of what you're looking for would be very helpful :thumbup:

Chris Burns
02-03-2013, 09:21 AM
DMC Fl has a project Delorean for 10k.

VIN 5992, grey interior, 5 speed.

Frame is rusty though.

thirdmanj
02-03-2013, 10:11 AM
I can help with finding an owner looking to sell a cheap car. Unfortunately we no longer offer vehicles requiring work etc. This includes consignment sales as the buyer assumes regardless of condition that we are putting our name behind the vehicle for sale. I fully disclose all cars accurately including problems. Sellers do not understand that the buyers are my future clients.

As of January first 2013 all Deloreans sold at Dpi include fully restored chassis. There is no question of what is done or questionable. Everything is taken care of including:
Full fuel system
All new suspension and rubber components Stainless control arms and ball joints etc
Stainless control arms
Spec 1 exhaust system
Zero mile full dpi spec engine package (efi or k jet depending on package options)

And obviously they are very visually pleasing as expected. Our interactive build program will launch with the new site shorty. You can even choose your control arms or select a complete chassis package ranging from enhanced stock to full performance double adjustable coil overs.

:cry: I shoulda waited!!

Silverbullet
02-03-2013, 02:56 PM

Full fuel system
Stainless control arms
Spec 1 exhaust system

Josh,

This will make a lot of new owners very happy. They can turn the key and have fun with the car. So the price range for a car like this is about $70,000 or so depending on any other custom add-ons?

Craig

Nicholas R
02-04-2013, 01:44 AM
I can think of only 3 with a V8.

Any one you see for sale will have a V6.

Add another zero on the end and we could talk, othewise yes, you're only going to find v6's lol.

Where in Ohio are you located? There is a pretty huge following in the South west part (Cincinnati/Dayton). I actually know where one is located down here in Cincy that doesn't run that the owner might finally be ready to sell. Not sure of his price yet though. There are also a few other options down here for those that really want a car.

DeLorean
02-04-2013, 09:52 AM
If you want a running / driving one in reasonable shape, for that price you'd probably have to go back in time... but, for that.........

ALEXAKOS
02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
here is one
http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981-dmc-delorean--c-1539.htm

Kukem
02-20-2013, 11:18 AM
As I have been searching for a DeLorean for at least 2 and a half years, I can tell you there are no DeLoreans in that price range that are not restoration cars. Some may look good, but they are hiding some serious issues. After all that time, I have conceded to the fact that you have to at least start looking in the 18-25K range for anything decent. Most sit in the 20-30K range, as was already mentioned, and you have to expect that the prices will stay around there for at least a bit. Since you are in the US, it will be easier to find cars than here in Canada. All the best on your search.

LordFly
02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Tony at DMC Florida has a project car for $10,000. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but the price is there.

ALEXAKOS
02-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Tony at DMC Florida has a project car for $10,000. Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but the price is there.

Contacted Tony, thanx Lord.
They have two.
One automatic for $18K on which they have already spent $10K on it and still needs some cosmetic and mechanical refurbishing. Engine runs.
and another manual for $9k with frame issues and TOTAL restoration needed.
Both gray interior

LordFly
02-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Not sure if either of those are what you're looking for, but if they are, glad I could help :)

ALEXAKOS
02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Not sure if either of those are what you're looking for, but if they are, glad I could help :)
working on it :)

Further details... not so encouraging.
-the passenger door will probably need to be replaced.
Car is not running at all. Engine and transmission build was mentioned.
Interior needs further "attention"

Sounds like this poor Delorean has had a rough life. At that state, it would have to be a giveaway to make it to a decent condition and be a a regular pricing