PDA

View Full Version : How To: Window interior felt replacement

DMCflux
02-04-2013, 12:32 AM
I have been looking for a replacement/update for my interior window felt. Here is what I came up with. . .

Parts needed:
Window sweep material-2 foot pieces. #WEAWW206 $25.00
http://www.topsdown.com/Window-sweep-material-2-foot-pieces--p1147.html
10 stainless nuts, bolts, washers, & lock washers ( I used rather small hardware)

Directions:
-With SUPT Bracket removed, remove/peel off the original U-channel that the felt is attached to
-Position replacement window sweep as the picture shows with the sweep towards the window and the opposing lip of the sweep resting where the bracket forms a right angle
-To mark the postion of the sweep I reinstalled the bracket in the car and made two marks on the bracket where the window rides up and down in the channel, I then centered the sweep in between the marks and clamped it to hold it in place
-Next I drilled holes thru the sweep and the bracket to attach the sweep using stainless nuts and bolts (5)
-I put the bolt through the side where the sweep attaches to the bracket so there would be no interference when the window goes up and down
(Note) the oppsing end of the sweep will rest just above the right angle of the bracket, this does not interfere with anything
-You are now ready to install your bracket and improved window sweep
-Once installed I used a razer to trim the sweep rubber to fit just inside the window channel since the 2 foot sweep overhangs just a little

The 'Attached Thumbnail' shows the bracket installed, the installed sweep is difficult to see, but it works great! The window doesnt rattle and it seals the same as the outside sweep, as on newer vehicles

DMCflux
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
The hardware used were #4