PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Beat up doors and rear quarter panels

AirmanPika
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
OK so I'm curious who might be interested in a set of beat up doors and rear quarter panels. These were pulled off of my car 3 years ago and have been basically sitting out since (initially outside but for 2 years under a pole barn) so they collected water at one point. Not really an issue for the panels but the door mechanics may not be in great shape.

The left door has heavy sanding and grinding marks on the roof and random grinding/dents on the side. The Right door has heavy grinding and what looks to be a welding repair. The rear quarter panels have some dents but re in better shape. Maybe one or two spots that were ground. The grinding was done to prep for bondo by a previous owner (the panels used to be painted).

I can get current pics in a few days, I'll be in the states for a couple weeks before heading back to Afghanistan. I'd have refered to the thread when I stripped the paint but unfortunately thats gone from the site crash. I don't have a good pic but the Right Rear panel had a dent on the wheel well area. I have removed the solenoids, window motors, and mirrors. Glass may be intact, I haven't decided if I will keep it as backup. The panels are located a bit southeast of Columbus, Ohio.

Masaes727
06-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I maybe interested if the price is right. Makes good garage art.

dvonk
07-03-2011, 11:28 PM
+1. i was thinking the same about a rear panel... what might the shipping be on a beast like that?

DMCMW Dave
07-03-2011, 11:51 PM
The problem with shipping this sort of thing is that it gets huge when you try to box it for fecex/freight and the upcharges on size get you.

If it's an ugly panel like this, by far the cheapest way to ship is is via Greyhound Bus. It goes terminal to terminal (i.e. not to your house) so there may be some driving involved at both ends.

Ryan King
07-04-2011, 03:01 AM
The problem with shipping this sort of thing is that it gets huge when you try to box it for fecex/freight and the upcharges on size get you.

If it's an ugly panel like this, by far the cheapest way to ship is is via Greyhound Bus. It goes terminal to terminal (i.e. not to your house) so there may be some driving involved at both ends.

But TOTALLY worth it. FedEx wanted to charge me 300 dollars to ship a Rear Fascia to Virginia, I shipping it Greyhound for 35.

DMCMW Dave
07-04-2011, 10:15 AM
But TOTALLY worth it. FedEx wanted to charge me 300 dollars to ship a Rear Fascia to Virginia, I shipping it Greyhound for 35.

Yeah - to Greyhound it's just another suitcase. But it will be handled like one so pack accordingly.

content22207
07-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I still want a white painted DeLorean -- anybody have an underbody and frame to go along with these?

Bill Robertson

GS450-Junkie
07-04-2011, 08:41 PM
There's one in California for like $5.

AirmanPika
07-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Well unfortunately I can't ship. These are really too large and I don't want to spend the time trying to pack em up. I was thinking $250 for each item tho if picked up. I haven't had a chance to get the newer pics. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. Of course once I depart for Afghanistan again in another week and a half I won't be able to offer these till I return in Decemberish.