PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Delorean to an event

Kenny_Z
02-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I searched but I couldn't find a thread about this. I know a lot of you guys rent out your Deloreans to events and I'm hoping to get some advice.

I contacted an event coordinator today about renting Red to an event in May. The car would be inside a conference center for two days and would remain at the event overnight. Plus I'd have to find a way to get there and back without the car. It's during the week so it'll be a problem. I might have to rent a trailer.

Aside from that, what sort of things should I asked about? I made it known that I don't want anyone driving the car and I don't want people sitting on it. There was a lot of unsure answers from her on the security of the car that made me a bit nervous. I'm protective of her.

Also she asked me to come up with two sets of pricing. One price to bring the car and leave it and one to bring it out for the "main event". Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions.

sdg3205
02-15-2013, 11:52 PM
I've done a couple photoshoots and a tv show. Make sure you have insurance and get additional insurance if you need it.

Document with pictures and draw up paperwork and have both parties sign it. It should include detailed expectations for both parties.

As long as you know what's happening, they know what's happening, your ass is covered, all should be good.

It's a good way to support the hobby.

Mark Shields
03-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I've done a couple photoshoots and a tv show. Make sure you have insurance and get additional insurance if you need it.

Document with pictures and draw up paperwork and have both parties sign it. It should include detailed expectations for both parties.

As long as you know what's happening, they know what's happening, your ass is covered, all should be good.

It's a good way to support the hobby.

How are things progressing? As a time machine rental person, I've done a lot of events. The two things that I've found you should be most concerned with, aside from the obvious issues mentioned above, are preventing someone from sitting on your hood and not allowing small children into the car. As for the latter issue, I've had parents dump their child into the front seat and then look away to text -- as if the car were a playground. This inevitably resulted in a broken windshield wiper arm (not a cheap replacement part by any stretch).

Good times!

Kenny_Z
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Due to my exhaust issues I won't be attending the event I originally opened this on. Thankfully another owner in the area took over.