PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina Tech Event (Spring 2013)-Saturday April 20th-Featuring DPI

Iznodmad
02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm pleased to announce the date for the semi-annual NC DeLorean gathering/social/tech session. It will be held Saturday April 20th. The fall event was extremely successful, with 14 DeLoreans in attendance and over 25 owners and enthusiasts present! Can we do better this time? The theme will be the same. We will have DeLorean Performance Industries Josh, the mobile DPI shop with tools, a lift, parts, and maybe a few other surprises. I'm sure Josh will chime in with his plans for the event. Saturday lunch will be provided, menu TBD. I promise it will not be pizza this time, I'm going to do better than that! I'll have Dwayne G return to photo document the session, and provide free custom photo session with your DeLorean. Prints will be available for purchase with his unique Aluminum Art printing process. Samples will be available to look at, and I'll have my 2 prints on display that I purchased from him after the last event. I can arrange a great deal on tires, mounting, balancing, and alignment services with a local tire shop just like last time if anyone needs those services. There were 4 that took advantage of this the last time, and they were very pleased with the care that was taken with the DeLoreans. So, lets start a list of those that want to confirm attendance, any parts you want DPI Josh to bring, any specific things you want to work on with your DeLorean, and any new ideas you think would make the event more enjoyable.

Chris Burns
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Man I need to go this! I live 6 hours away and money is freaking tight for me.

adam_knox
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Pencil me in, I don't know my schedule yet, but I would imagine I would have off that day. I'll be in NC that month so it'll work out perfect! Let me know if I should bring a dish to pass.

DMCBRANDON5873
02-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Sweet! I just checked my schedule and i get off saturday moring at 730am and ill head that way straight from the station 5873 needs a few things since the last time we were all together not exactly sure what the issue is but since we put all that new stuff in the fuel tank shes been runing kinda rough the first few minutes until she warms up a lil bit, and of course still need the usual things that its been needing for the past few years lol, anyway see you guys then

Kevin
02-21-2013, 09:08 PM
I'll be there! I bought one of Dwayne's aluminum prints from the last tech session, it's very cool.

As Josh diagnosed last time, I need a new AC compressor, and April would be a great time to get it installed. So, if time permits, put me down for one of them! My system's already been converted to R134a, though who knows if anything else there needs replacing.

I also may need help with a "warm" start issue I haven't tracked down yet, more info here from a while back: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5144-Warm-start-issue-(video)

I haven't been able to take the DeLorean out of winter hibernation yet due to the weather and all the salt on the road, so there may be more, but hoping that's all. :)

Thanks for hosting this again, Darren, and thanks to Josh for being willing to make the trip again!

todd1561
02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Sorry I missed your call, Darren, the phone didn't even ring and I was sitting right next to it, odd. Anyway, I should be able to make it on the 20th. I just put it down on my calendar so I won't forget. As usual, I don't really have anything planned for my car (even though I probably should!) but I'll at least be there to help others and socialize. I'll forward this over to Jim in Raleigh to see if he's interested this time, he's been pretty quiet lately. Oh and not sure if Michael Babb keeps up with the forums but I'll send it to him too.

Looking forward to it!

Todd

Michael Babb
02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks Todd for pointing me in the right direction.

Darren, please pencil me in as well. Will have to verify scheduled, but would love to attend again.

For anyone that needs tires and/or an alignment this is a great time to do it. As Darren mentioned, the shop was great. They took excellent care of the cars and did a fantastic job.

andy.vicks
02-22-2013, 05:33 PM
I promise it will not be pizza this time, I'm going to do better than that!

Diet Cheerwine?

Rad Dad
02-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Count me in - Maybe I just haven't lived in NC long enough, but diet Cheerwine? That's even worse than lite beer - - gag! :cheers:

Farrar
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
I've subscribed to this thread because I'd like to come to this event, although I'm not sure I can make it yet. Please continue to post updates because I'd like to know what's going on. Thanks!

Michael Babb
02-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I've subscribed to this thread because I'd like to come to this event, although I'm not sure I can make it yet. Please continue to post updates because I'd like to know what's going on. Thanks!

Would be great to see you again! (Pick up Louie on the way) ;)

Farrar
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Would be great to see you again! (Pick up Louie on the way) ;)

Louie's in Austin, and Steve's car only holds two people.

Nice to hear from you, Michael. As I recall, you were the only person from the DeLorean community to phone me right after Hurricane Katrina. I haven't forgotten that. :)

TripleZeroFilms
02-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Go ahead and put my name down! I'm going to try my hardest to come again as I thoroughly enjoyed the last one. I'm also definitely going to get together a list of goodies I want the DPI fairy to bring with him. Hope his slay is big enough... :thumbup2:

Authors Note: I think I might have mixed my metaphors with fairies and slays. Still, I think the general premise holds together well enough that no correction is needed. Unless someone is just really offended by mixed metaphors. Or authors that take the time to write long notes as opposed to using that time to change the aforementioned post.

Delorean Industries
02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Delorean Performance Industries will be in attendance as well. If anyone needs anything let us know asap and we can make it happen. Free delivery on all parts!

As we offered last year. Free installation of our SPEC I exhaust system when purchased at the meet.

I will also bring all of our products down as well. IE everything custom that we produce will be available to see. Free shipping if we do not have enough with us as well for drop ship orders.

See everyone on the 20th!

Farrar
02-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Josh, will you bring some pictures of the tube chassis? :)

03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I will be there.

Iznodmad
03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Weekly update time. Roll call. Here is the rundown on people confirming and/or maybe to appear.

Confirmed
1. Me (2D)
2. Josh/DPI
3. Adam Knox
4. Brandon (1D)-starting/running issues and brake booster
5. Kevin (1D)
6. Todd (1D)
7. Mike Babb (1D)
8. Dick Ryan (1D)
9. Walter Fox (1D)-return of car from DPI
10. Chris M (1D)
11. Steve Rice (1D)
12. Farrar?-shotgun with Steve Rice?
13. Trevor (1D)
14. Bill Lane (1D)
15. Tom Castle (1D)-going through fuel system, needs parts
16. Don Mead(1D)-fuel pump, mode switch, blower switch/resistor, drive axle, flap actuators?
17. Dwayne G-photography

The following I consider maybe or haven't fully responded yet.
18. Steve Miller (1D)
19. Alvan Judson (1D)
20. Tony Sanders (1D)
21. Worth Mitchell (1D)
22. Chris Burns?-shotgun w/ Brandon?

I'm working on a surprise, and it is huge. I can't give any clues or hints, other than only one other person knows about it from the list above. It is something that nobody would want to miss, this I can guarantee! Be witness to DeLorean history in the making!

One other bit of news. There is a very good possibility that a raffle will take place, if everyone is interested. Details are evolving. Stay tuned.

Delorean Industries
03-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Delorean Performance will be donating raffle parts from our Original Stainless product line.

If you are planning on attending and would like a free inspection please let us know right away. We need to plan accordingly to make sure we can help everyone. Free delivery of any parts we offer as well!

Free SPEC I Exhaust installations with the purchase of a system at the tech meet. (ceramic coating special order before hand)

We will only have one spot available for the trip home but will still offer a discounted rate for anyone wanting their car brought back with us.

opethmike
03-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm working on a surprise, and it is huge. I can't give any clues or hints, other than only one other person knows about it from the list above. It is something that nobody would want to miss, this I can guarantee! Be witness to DeLorean history in the making!

You bought a third DeLorean, didn't you?

Iznodmad
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Not yet Mike, but you never know!

Delorean Industries
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
You bought a third DeLorean, didn't you?

I bought one today if it counts... I won't have the title done until tomorrow though...

louielouie2000
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM

You're making me want to drive the 24 hours from Texas... why all the intrigue? :tongue:

Iznodmad
03-03-2013, 08:44 PM
It worked, didn't it Louie? See if you can get #5252 to make it. Better yet, drive it here yourself!

Farrar
03-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Better yet, drive it here yourself!

Yes! You and Steve and I can drive together.
Well, you and Steve can drive... I guess I'll be a cupholder.

Jack
03-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I should be attending. :rollin:

medicine man
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Will plan to be there and drive my D from Mt Holly, nc. please post details, thanks

Michael Babb
03-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Hey all,

I was thinking about doing a raffle as well. we did one a few years back at a Louie gathering and people seemed to really like it. Items I would bring are things off of my CafePress site at http://www.cafepress.com/dmc12.

I am not planning on making any money on this, just enough to cover my costs ordering the items off of the site.

If you think you would be interested in taking part, let me know. - should I make a separate forum thread??

Also - check out the site, and if you are interested in the raffle, let me know what you want me to bring with me and I will try to bring the things that people are interested in. :)

Iznodmad
03-08-2013, 08:18 PM
No reason to make a separate thread on the raffle, when I mentioned it previously, I was referring to your idea to have one anyway. If you would organize that aspect, I would appreciate it. I seem to remember you had some VIN numbers made up to use in the previous raffle. As Josh mentioned, he will throw in some items as well. I'll make sure to visit the cafepress website again in your link. Everyone else check it out too!

steve6864
03-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Darren I should be there.Looking forward to it.If I don`t have it done before maybe Josh can help with right side rockers?I`ve got the parts,just not all the neccessary tools.If I do have it done I will be looking to solve my long standing front door latch(driver`s side)problem and I`ll help on other projects.Thansk,6864Steve.

Chris Burns
03-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I say Darren has everyone stumped on what the surprise is:confused0:

I plan on being there unless plans change.

FLYBOY
03-14-2013, 01:12 AM
Where is it?
I just moved from Ft Lauderdale Fl Part of DCF
And now live in Asheville NC, so I can go with the car but need all the details...
Thx
John Podlewski

Iznodmad
03-14-2013, 02:44 AM
Hi John. Welcome to NC! There are already about three other DeLoreans coming from the Asheville area as of this post! Perhaps you guys all want to caravan here together? The event takes place from my home in Lexington, about a 2 hour drive from your area. I've done these since 2008, sometimes I forget that not everyone knows how the event works. It is a rolling time event, that means get here as early as you like and stay as late as you like. I'll send you a PM with pertinent info soon, such as the actual physical address and phone numbers. Don't forget to post if you need help here with any projects on your car, and support our club vendor DPI Josh with parts purchases. He can bring anything you like, just place the order directly with him ASAP.

Iznodmad
03-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Just updating the list after adding a few more over the past couple of weeks......

Confirmed
1. Me (2D)
2. Josh/DPI
3. Adam Knox
5. Kevin (1D)
6. Todd (1D)
7. Mike Babb (1D)
8. Dick Ryan (1D)
10. Chris M (1D)
11. Steve Rice (1D)
12. Farrar?-shotgun with Steve Rice?
13. Trevor (1D)
14. Bill Lane (1D)
16. Don Mead(1D)-fuel pump, mode switch, blower switch/resistor, drive axle, flap actuators?
17. Dwayne G-photography
18. Jack (1D)
19. Danny R. (1D)
20. Steve Miller (1D)-door strikers/adjustment
21. John P (1D)
22. Chris Burns

22. Alvan Judson (1D)
23. Tony Sanders (1D)
24. Worth Mitchell (1D)

This is coming along nicely, with one month to go until the event. I have plenty of space at my house and yard to spread out the cars, so don't worry about running out of room. A friendly reminder that any parts orders need to be placed with DPI Josh as soon a possible to assure availability. Also, any projects/parts installations/inspections need to be placed here in writing so we can plan accordingly with proper time and tools. To this point, I believe I have sent a PM with address and phone numbers to everyone whom has not been here before. If not, please let me know and I can send that information. Thanks to all that have responded thus far!

Kevin
03-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Also, any projects/parts installations/inspections need to be placed here in writing so we can plan accordingly with proper time and tools.

I mentioned a couple things in my first post that aren't on the list above:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6327-North-Carolina-Tech-Event-(Spring-2013)-Saturday-April-20th-Featuring-DPI&p=91561&viewfull=1#post91561

I mainly just want a new AC compressor installed. I know it's not the quickest or easiest job, but they were able to get one installed in Darren's car at the last meet, so I wanted to see if they were willing to do that again. I can ask Josh directly if need be.

Delorean Industries
03-18-2013, 11:23 AM
I mentioned a couple things in my first post that aren't on the list above:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6327-North-Carolina-Tech-Event-(Spring-2013)-Saturday-April-20th-Featuring-DPI&p=91561&viewfull=1#post91561

I mainly just want a new AC compressor installed. I know it's not the quickest or easiest job, but they were able to get one installed in Darren's car at the last meet, so I wanted to see if they were willing to do that again. I can ask Josh directly if need be.
Shouldn't be an issue Kevin. Please email me when you have a chance to go over the details.

Iznodmad
03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
New announcement. I'm working on another surprise, or surprise #2 as I'm going to call it. This is a call for some items or props we will use. Some of you may be able to guess what I'm attempting to do.....

1. JZD head on a stick
2. Grays Sports Almanac
3. Hoverboard
4. Helmet or mask
5. Any BTTF costume, Marty costume, plutonium suit, Doc Brown costume/wig, etc.
6. 80's style boombox, Walkman, JVC camcorder, huge cell phone/bag phone, etc.
7. Everyone wear a DeLorean or BTTF shirt, or have one you can put on.
8. Stuffed Einstein dog/plush toy
9. Ronald Reagan mask/head on a stick
10. Members Only jacket
11. Rubix cube or preferably a large plush toy that looks like a rubix cube.

Now, who wants to guess what I am going to do with all this stuff! Better yet, who can bring some of this stuff?

Farrar
03-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I have a Members Only jacket, but it doesn't fit me anymore. Is anyone going about five foot six/seven and fairly skinny?

Evildeli
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Interesting list. I hope there's video of whatever you're planning.

Kevin
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Haha ok.

I've got a Grays Sports Almanac from Videobob.
Probably most of us has a hoverboard but I can bring mine.

I've got pieces of BTTF costumes, not a full one, but the pieces may help:
- Griff helmet
- Lenticular Marty hat from part II
- Marty's Shah Safari shirt

Iznodmad
03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
I have a Members Only jacket, but it doesn't fit me anymore. Is anyone going about five foot six/seven and fairly skinny?

Perfect! Please bring it, Brandon can probably wear it.

Interesting list. I hope there's video of whatever you're planning.
John, you are extremely close! I am planning a video, but what kind of video??????
I am also in need of a videographer, someone who can edit and put together about a 30 second video clip.

Haha ok.

I've got a Grays Sports Almanac from Videobob.
Probably most of us has a hoverboard but I can bring mine.

I've got pieces of BTTF costumes, not a full one, but the pieces may help:
- Griff helmet
- Lenticular Marty hat from part II
- Marty's Shah Safari shirt

Awesome, please bring those items!

Farrar
03-20-2013, 10:12 AM
I am also in need of a videographer, someone who can edit and put together about a 30 second video clip.

I don't have a pro camera available to me right now, but if you get me the footage, I can edit it together when I get home.

TripleZeroFilms
03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
John, you are extremely close! I am planning a video, but what kind of video??????

I can film/edit. It's both my hobby and job :)

Also, I know I've got a DeLorean shirt and a Rubix Cube.

DL4567
03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh no.... not another Harlem Shake video..... please!

Iznodmad
03-20-2013, 12:44 PM
And we have a winner! Yes, it was the idea of my sister. I searched all over and I couldn't find a Harlem Shake video with a DeLorean or multiple DeLoreans in it. I'm still fine tuning my idea, but it will be a perfect opportunity to do it.

Chris, I'd love your help with filming and editing the creation, if you are not too embarrassed or insulted by working on such a trashy project. I think it will be fun!

DMCBRANDON5873
03-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Me and some friends did the harlem shake videos there fun to do i bet if we do one with the deloreans itll be a huge hit on youtube lol

Delorean Industries
03-20-2013, 07:06 PM
And we have a winner! Yes, it was the idea of my sister. I searched all over and I couldn't find a Harlem Shake video with a DeLorean or multiple DeLoreans in it. I'm still fine tuning my idea, but it will be a perfect opportunity to do it.

Chris, I'd love your help with filming and editing the creation, if you are not too embarrassed or insulted by working on such a trashy project. I think it will be fun!

I must finally be getting old. I had to google harlem shake..... Or I'm living in a stainless euphoria not accepting that an outside world exists.

Jimmyvonviggle
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I must finally be getting old. I had to google harlem shake..... Or I'm living in a stainless euphoria not accepting that an outside world exists.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Michael Babb
03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Not to get away from the Harlem Shake line of thought, but I ordered about $150 worth of stuff that I will be bringing for the Raffle:
Qty. Item Description Price
1 Oversized DeLorean Wall Calendar (dmc12) Size:N/A StartDate:1/1/2013 $20.99
1 "I'd rather be driving my DeLorean" bumper sticker (dmc12) Size:N/A - Color: White $4.49
1 Dark T-Shirt (dmc12) Size:X-Large - Color: Black $21.99
1 DeLorean - Irish Pride T-Shirt (dmc12) Size:Large - Color: Charcoal $24.09
1 DeLorean Instrument Cluster Mug (dmc12) Size:N/A $12.09
1 DeLorean Prototype Postcards (Package of 8) (dmc12) Size:N/A $7.99
1 Mileage and Maintenance Log (dmc12) Size:N/A $10.99
1 Door Ajar Stainless Water Bottle 0.6L (dmc12) Size:N/A - Color: White $14.39
1 DMC Large Poster (dmc12) Size:N/A $19.79
1 looking down on black Mug (dmc12) Size:N/A $12.09

Will take pics of everything to post once they have made it to my place. :)

Iznodmad
03-23-2013, 10:32 AM
Just a friendly reminder, as information tends to get lost in the shuffle as we talk about other things and ideas......

1. Especially for the new attendees, I have access to a local tire shop just a couple of miles from my house. I can get you outstanding deals on tires, mounting, balancing, and alignments. They already have all the specs in their computer. For NC residents, they can do safety inspections as well before you renew your tags. All I need is a PM with your interest in tires, what brand, size, etc that you want. I will reply with an "out the door" price to get the tires on your car, and alignment, etc if wanted. Because the tires would need to be ordered, I need to know at least one week in advance to assure they arrive for the tech day. You get to stay with your car the whole time and oversee the work being done on your car. The absolute best care is taken with the handling of your car, you will not be disappointed! Payment for any of this work will be due the day of the show.

2. DeLorean Performance Industries can bring anything you want with them, free shipping! However, you must contact Josh directly in order to get the parts you desire. Some items may not be available immediately, so please give him enough time to ensure he can bring what you want/need. Please also list anything you think you may want to work on at the tech session, so we can be sure we have enough time to accomplish the task.

That's all for now. Thanks everyone!

DMCBRANDON5873
03-23-2013, 12:21 PM
So is 5000 getting a new dash?? Cough cough wink wink ; D

adam_knox
03-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Most of my tools are in storage, but if I can manage to make it to the back of the unit is there anything in particular I should bring to help out? Oh, are DMCs metric or English for wrenches?

Delorean Industries
03-24-2013, 10:57 AM
I put in a call to Marcello and a few other owners I deal with as well. I will let you know if any other attendees materialize.

Sammy
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I put in a call to Marcello

Did he ever get his car on the road? I've been really curious about his car.

Delorean Industries
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Did he ever get his car on the road? I've been really curious about his car.

I have been working with him over the past few months on the project. I think he has most of it squared away at this point including the fuel system install etc. Looking forward to seeing how it all turned out.

Iznodmad
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
So is 5000 getting a new dash?? Cough cough wink wink ; D
Maybe, been waiting years to have you help me!

Most of my tools are in storage, but if I can manage to make it to the back of the unit is there anything in particular I should bring to help out? Oh, are DMCs metric or English for wrenches?
Bring anything you like, never can have too many tools.

I put in a call to Marcello and a few other owners I deal with as well. I will let you know if any other attendees materialize.
Marcello came last time (with a friend), but didn't stay very long. It would be great if his car was in good enough shape to drive it to the event!

Michael Babb
03-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Hey all,

The items that I ordered for the raffle have arrived. I took a picture of all of the items together, and a few close ups of the mugs. Should we try and solidify a time that we want to do the raffle so that we don't miss anyone that might be interested?

Michael Babb
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
I thought of something that I may need assistance with!

Torsion bar adjustment.

Have never done it or seen it done. Replaced the struts on the car after I got it last October and the doors are still a bit droopy, but have been waiting to see what they do in warmer weather.

Mike C.
03-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Was waiting to see if scheduling would be a problem, but looks clear. I will be there.

Chris Burns
03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
One cool photo op idea for the tech day is to have a Delorean with dark rims face a later production Delorean with the light grey rims to show the contrast in the cars.

Michael Babb
03-27-2013, 08:37 PM
One cool photo op idea for the tech day is to have a Delorean with dark rims face a later production Delorean with the light grey rims to show the contrast in the cars.

I am bringing a dark rim car. Could do lowered vs stock height as well.

Chris Burns
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I am bringing a dark rim car. Could do lowered vs stock height as well.

I like it!! Lets do it!

Iznodmad
04-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Update/bump time. Trying to get all that have comfirmed and a mini-list of projects as seen below.

Confirmed
1. Me (2D)
2. Josh/DPI
3. Adam Knox
5. Kevin (1D)- A/C compressor
6. Todd (1D)
7. Mike Babb (1D)-torsion bar adjustment
8. Dick Ryan (1D)
10. Chris M (1D)
11. Steve Rice (1D)
12. Farrar-shotgun with Steve Rice
13. Trevor (1D)
14. Bill Lane (1D)
17. Dwayne G-photography
18. Jack (1D)
19. Danny R. (1D)
21. John P (1D)
22. Chris Burns
23. Mike-DMCTalk moderator

22. Alvan Judson (1D)
23. Tony Sanders (1D)
24. Worth Mitchell (1D)

I have personally placed parts orders/wish list with Josh directly. I strongly encourage everyone else to do the same if they have not already. The raffle will be headed by Mike Babb with the items he listed in this thread (raffle ticket price TBD). I previously stated that DPI Josh would also be adding items to the raffle. To make it fair to both Mike and Josh, this is no longer the case. Instead, DPI Josh will have a "gift kit" for all owners in attendance, free of charge as a door prize. I don't know what this kit consists of, lets just consider it another "surprise"! I have finalized the menu as well. I will have a full catering of Lexington style NC BBQ with all the fixings, iced tea, and dessert. I don't charge anyone to show up or to eat, but I will gladly accept any "tips" to help foot the bill. This is my way to say thanks to those in the community willing to travel to have some DeLorean fun. Anyone else interested? Basically 2 weeks to go now! Looking forward to it!

Michael Babb
04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
OK - should we nail down some raffle details?

What time should we target? Want to make sure I don't miss anyone that wants to attend if at all possible. (I was thinking 1:00 or 2:00)

What amount do you guys want to do per ticket? $1 each, with people probably buying a larger number of tickets and more chances to win something, or $5 each with a smaller pool of tickets?

Either way I am good. I have $175 invested in gear and am planning on donating any proceeds from ticket sales to the Michael J Fox Foundation on all the behalf of all of us.

I have not had time to create and print out cool DeLorean themed tickets, so will probably just get a roll of standard raffle tickets.

Thoughts - questions - comments?

Iznodmad
04-12-2013, 10:36 AM
In regards to the raffle, I know there are at least a couple that are coming in the early afternoon. I'd do it at 2:00 at the earliest, to accommodate those folks. As far as pricing, that's up to you. I'll definitely buy some tickets. Thanks for doing this. I'll try to have a table we can put the items on.

Just one week away! I've added one more enthusiast, a local guy I met at a cars and coffee event last month. He is eager to join ownership ranks and learn about purchasing DeLoreans.

Looking forward to it. Long range forecast is sunny and mid 60s.

Chris Burns
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Got my hotel reserved and I'm riding to the tech day with Brandon Barber and VIN 5873:rock_on:

Looking forward to meeting a lot of people I haven't met yet and seeing some kick ass cars!!

Also can't wait to see what the BIG surprise is Darren:bigclap:

TripleZeroFilms
04-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Well, I've got some bad news. Due to some unforeseen personal issues, I won't be able to make it. :(

This really sucks as I've had this event penciled and ready to go since announcement. I'll still have someone dropping by to pick up all the parts I've ordered from Josh, but I guess I'll miss the surprise(s). Hopefully someone takes some pictures/video and let's those that can't attend know what they were.

I really hate the timing of all this, but I guess I'll just have to make the next one. *sigh*

yianni
04-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Update/bump time. Trying to get all that have comfirmed and a mini-list of projects as seen below.

Confirmed
1. Me (2D)
2. Josh/DPI
3. Adam Knox
6. Todd (1D)
8. Dick Ryan (1D)
10. Chris M (1D)
11. Steve Rice (1D)
13. Trevor (1D)
14. Bill Lane (1D)
17. Dwayne G-photography
18. Jack (1D)
19. Danny R. (1D)
21. John P (1D)
22. Chris Burns
23. Mike-DMCTalk moderator

22. Alvan Judson (1D)
23. Tony Sanders (1D)
24. Worth Mitchell (1D)

I have personally placed parts orders/wish list with Josh directly. I strongly encourage everyone else to do the same if they have not already. The raffle will be headed by Mike Babb with the items he listed in this thread (raffle ticket price TBD). I previously stated that DPI Josh would also be adding items to the raffle. To make it fair to both Mike and Josh, this is no longer the case. Instead, DPI Josh will have a "gift kit" for all owners in attendance, free of charge as a door prize. I don't know what this kit consists of, lets just consider it another "surprise"! I have finalized the menu as well. I will have a full catering of Lexington style NC BBQ with all the fixings, iced tea, and dessert. I don't charge anyone to show up or to eat, but I will gladly accept any "tips" to help foot the bill. This is my way to say thanks to those in the community willing to travel to have some DeLorean fun. Anyone else interested? Basically 2 weeks to go now! Looking forward to it!

This is Yianni Nicoloudakis, a relatively new Delorean owner in Charleston, WV. I would like to attend the event. Could you provide more information, such as directions, duration of the event, and any other information helpful for a first time attendee. I'm interested in information on startup and fuel adjustments on a newly rebuilt engine. Would there be any opportunity for this type of help during your event?

Thanks in advance. I hope to see you on the 20th.

Chris Burns
04-14-2013, 04:11 PM
WV awesome! I'm from Beckley originally.

Iznodmad
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Yianni, I sent you a PM with location, etc. See you next weekend!

Farrar
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Nice to meet the West Virginian -- my dad's from St. Albans (and just turned 76 yesterday).

keepitsimple
04-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone you can add me to the party , my friend Warren and 3143 yes its revived finally revived .(NOT RESTORED!)thanks hope to see everybody on 4 20 hey josh don t forgrt to bring my new seats gray thanks

keepitsimple
04-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Also if anyone is intrested ,I will be taking offers on all parts that i don t need anymore since i converted to carb thanks Steve Rice

Farrar
04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Since TZFilms is out, should I bring my camera/tripod? I don't have a pro video camera but it's high def and I've been able to get some decent video out of it before under the right lighting conditions.

Iznodmad
04-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Alright, glad to have you back Marcello! And yes, Farrar, please bring your camera and tripod! Thanks!

Rad Dad
04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Brake Master Cylinder went bonkers. Parts ordered, but will probably not get here in time. Have to find a mechanic in any event. Still plan to come, but I will be driving my '13 VW Jetta TDI to the event. I promise not to park in the "picture zone"!

Dick Ryan :sad30:

TripleZeroFilms
04-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Well, life has a funny way of working things out. Events beyond my control have come to pass and.....I CAN NOW COME AGAIN! :D

Since I'm coming I will still be bringing my Camera/Tripod, but Farrar you're welcome to bring yours if you still want to. More angles are never a bad thing.
I'm glad things worked out as I was very bummed that I was going to miss, dare I say, the best DeLorean-related event in the western North Carolina area so far this year!

Cant wait to see you all there! 781 IS BACK BABY!:lockdance:

Iznodmad
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I was asked to provide an update to the list. There have been some changes. Had some people drop out due to family obligations, but added a few to make up the difference! Unfortunately, one DeLorean was involved in an accident, and it is currently in process of being repaired, so that owner will not make it.

Confirmed
1. Me (2D)
2. Josh/DPI
3. Adam Knox
6. Todd (1D)
8. Dick Ryan
9. Walter Fox
10. Chris M (1D)
11. Steve Rice (1D)
13. Trevor (1D)
14. Yianni (1D)-on a trailer, idle adjustments and tuning needed after rebuilt engine install.
15. Chuck and friend (enthusiasts looking to purchase a DeLorean in the future)
16. Marcello and Warren (1D)
17. Dwayne G-photography
18. Jack (1D)
19. Danny R. (1D)
21. Chris Burns
22. Mike-DMCTalk moderator

Alvan Judson (1D)
Tony Sanders (1D)
Don Mead (1D)
Jonh P (1D)
Ken Poole (1D)

I'll go ahead and let everyone also know that the main surprise I had lined up has fallen through. I'm not at liberty to discuss what it was either. I'm sorry, but I'll try again for the fall tech session. We are still going to have a great time! We have a raffle (courtesy Mike Babb and cafepress), door prizes (courtesy DPI), food (courtesy me), and fantastic weather ahead! I can't wait!

Rad Dad
04-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I guess I was more upset than I realized. It is not my brake master cylinder. . . . .it is the clutch master. Heck, I've got a 5 speed and I've been driving a stick since 1948 so if it had been the brake master, I could have still driven with the gears and the parking brake.

Dick Ryan:confused0:

Delorean Industries
04-16-2013, 05:20 PM
I guess I was more upset than I realized. It is not my brake master cylinder. . . . .it is the clutch master. Heck, I've got a 5 speed and I've been driving a stick since 1948 so if it had been the brake master, I could have still driven with the gears and the parking brake.

Dick Ryan:confused0:

I can help you with this Dick while I am down there if you would like.

Farrar
04-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Farrar you're welcome to bring yours if you still want to. More angles are never a bad thing.

You'd have a hard time getting the footage to match -- my camera has an auto-light-balance that I have been unable to turn off. But hey, why not. It doesn't take up much space. :)

steve6864
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Darren, since the surprise has been delayed, do you still want us to bring BTTK stuff, T-shirts etc... 6864.

Ron
04-17-2013, 09:41 AM
:hysterical:
:hss:

Dangermouse
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM
:hysterical:
:hss:

:wiggle:

thirdmanj
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM

Hey Josh, have I ever told you about the time I helped my uncle jack off his horse?

Delorean Industries
04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
FAIL....... At least I capitalized his name. I would really have it coming otherwise.......

Iznodmad
04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Steve and others. Yes, I still plan on doing a video, which we need the shirts and props for. Thanks.

Ron
04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I would really have it coming otherwise.......
:nana2:

(Love ya Josh!)

Chris Burns
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Looking forward to the tech day and maybe driving 16128 (Darren). See everyone on Sat!

Farrar
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Well, it looks like I may not make it after all. I had a bad head cold last week and thought it was getting better, but now I've lost my voice, too. I wouldn't want to subject Steve to catching this, nor anyone else. I'm glad TZFilms is back in, because y'all may not have me or my videocamera there after all. :[

Farrar
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm gonna have to sit this one out. I'm not feeling any better today than I was yesterday, and I wouldn't want to pass this on to someone else. Besides, I'd be miserable company for Steve on the drive. Sorry I'll miss this!

Farrar

steve6864
04-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Darren, a late addition. Alvan is coming with his "D", following me. We should arrive around 11:30. Looking forward to it.6864.Steve.

Iznodmad
04-19-2013, 08:44 AM
The event will still go on, and I still want everyone to come. But I have some bad news to announce. DPI Josh was en route yesterday to North Carolina, per our original plans. He got word of a family emergency and has to cancel. Being the consummate professional, he was/is still trying to find a way to fly in for tomorrows event for the afternoon. Any parts ordered will be shipped to the respective owner as soon as he can arrange it. Let's all keep Josh and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

If anyone desires to cancel, I understand. But we still have some extremely knowledgeable owners coming, and we can still have a great time! See you all tomorrow!

thirdmanj
04-19-2013, 09:03 AM
This is indeed terrible news about Josh's emergency. Lets hope everything works out well for him, and his family.

Mike C.
04-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Very sorry to hear about Josh's emergency. Life has it's priorities, and hopefully everyone understands. Best wishes to Josh and his family.

Rad Dad
04-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Darren - so my DeLorean will not make it :driving1: - "The Voice" will not make it :sing: - the big surprise will not make it (damn, I hope it wasn't Hooters girls) :devil: - and Josh will probably not make it:hmm: - BUT YOU PUT ON A NEAT EVENT!!!. I WILL MAKE IT! :worship:

Dick - Still Living The Dream

steve6864
04-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Let me the first to post a big THANK YOU to Darren and his family for hosting a great tech session.15 cars!!! I put on a new starter(one of the gear reduction ones)with help from a couple of fellow attendees. Great spirit of cooperation, which I`ve come to expect from the Delorean community. Can`t wait to see the video we shot. When is the next one? I`m ready.6864 Steve.

Michael Babb
04-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Just got home from the event. Thanks again Darren and family for hosting all of us; was great seeing everyone! Will post pics as soon as I can get them off the camera and organized.

Will see you all next time.

TripleZeroFilms
04-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much Darren! The event went wonderfully and it was great getting to meet/catch up with everyone. I'll try and get our video edited and up by next weekend - I think it's going to turn out really cool. I've also got a lot of pictures I'll try and upload (I've even still got some from the last event I've yet to put up).

I'm already waiting for the next one. :)

Mike C.
04-20-2013, 10:00 PM
woke up at 10am to go to the tech day, showered and laid back down for a minute and woke up at 5pm....

Sigh...

Ron
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Man! Almost midnight and no halftime pics??

Sammy
04-21-2013, 08:36 AM
This came up on YouTube this morning. I think it is from the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZyc611BuE&feature=youtu.be

Where are all the pictures though? I thought this was supposed to be a big event.

Kenny_Z
04-21-2013, 09:00 AM
Wow, there was a lot wrong with that Delorean's speedometer system. Cool video, very informative.

Kevin
04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
To echo everyone else, thanks so much to Darren for hosting another great event! The food was excellent and it was a great time. And thanks to Mike for organizing the raffle and donating the proceeds to the MJF Foundation. Very much looking forward to the Fall event.

I've uploaded a few of my photos, and here's a link to the full-resultion panoramic photo: http://cdn.kevincupp.com/images/IMG_1806.JPG

Chris Burns
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Here are a few pics from the event. Had a great time with everyone and looking forward to doing this again! Rode in 4 Deloreans (and drove 1). Met the legendary VIN 5000 and met some new people. I want to thank Darren and his family for their hospitality and food. All in all a great day for an event!!

Also learned that riding in a Delorean for 2 and a half hours in 45 degree weather with no heat is not fun!

louielouie2000
04-21-2013, 05:52 PM
So Darren, what was the promised huge surprise? :umm:

Domi
04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Sounds like it was a really cool meeting, thanks for sharing your pictures ;)

Iznodmad
04-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Let me the first to post a big THANK YOU to Darren and his family for hosting a great tech session.15 cars!!! I put on a new starter(one of the gear reduction ones)with help from a couple of fellow attendees. Great spirit of cooperation, which I`ve come to expect from the Delorean community. Can`t wait to see the video we shot. When is the next one? I`m ready.6864 Steve.

Thanks for coming and bringing Alvan, a new addition to the meet. I can't wait to see the video either, should be really funny! We will do the next one in the fall! Thanks for donating the flux capacitor beer to the raffle!

Just got home from the event. Thanks again Darren and family for hosting all of us; was great seeing everyone! Will post pics as soon as I can get them off the camera and organized.
Will see you all next time.

Thanks for coming again Michael and for doing some of the raffle items and helping to organize that aspect. It seemed to be a hit, so we can try it again next time.

Thanks so much Darren! The event went wonderfully and it was great getting to meet/catch up with everyone. I'll try and get our video edited and up by next weekend - I think it's going to turn out really cool. I've also got a lot of pictures I'll try and upload (I've even still got some from the last event I've yet to put up).

I'm already waiting for the next one. :)

I'm glad you could make it after all Chris. It wouldn't have been the same without you and thanks so much for helping with the Harlem Shake video, it really made my sister Denise happy. Can't wait to see the results! Hope you can make it again in the fall.

To echo everyone else, thanks so much to Darren for hosting another great event! The food was excellent and it was a great time. And thanks to Mike for organizing the raffle and donating the proceeds to the MJF Foundation. Very much looking forward to the Fall event.

I've uploaded a few of my photos, and here's a link to the full-resultion panoramic photo: http://cdn.kevincupp.com/images/IMG_1806.JPG

Great to see you as always Kevin! Thanks for bringing some of the props for the video.

Here are a few pics from the event. Had a great time with everyone and looking forward to doing this again! Rode in 4 Deloreans (and drove 1). Met the legendary VIN 5000 and met some new people. I want to thank Darren and his family for their hospitality and food. All in all a great day for an event!!

Also learned that riding in a Delorean for 2 and a half hours in 45 degree weather with no heat is not fun!

I'm glad you made the trip all the way from Florida Chris. Hopefully you have gotten your "DeLorean fix" for a while now!

So Darren, what was the promised huge surprise? :umm:

Louie, the surprise fell through. I only guaranteed nobody would want to miss it. Unfortunately, everyone missed it. There is always hope in the future I can pull it off. I will mention that your name was brought up several times. We miss you being present at these events, I hope you can make one someday again.

With all that said, this event would be nothing without those of you who travel to the event. Thanks for participating and making all the hard work worthwhile. I made my goal of making it bigger than the last one, and hopefully the fall event will be even better! We had lots of new faces and were able to share knowledge and solve some problems. I personally wish to thank Steve Rice, he kindly installed a replacement power antenna in #16128, mostly in the dark with me holding a light bar for him. I also want to thank Danielle for playing with my oldest son Grayson for hours on end, he was asking where she was this morning. Thanks to everyone who donated money or food towards the (BBQ) lunch and dinner. Thanks to Dwayne G for coming and taking photographs and donating Aluminum Art prints to the raffle. I can wait to see what he does this time with the images and I hear there may be new products on the way! I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I had a great time.

Chris Burns
04-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Here is the link to the rest of the pics I took:

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/jammer96/library/Delorean%20Tech%20Day%202013?view=media#/user/jammer96/library/Delorean%20Tech%20Day%202013?sort=3&page=1&_suid=136659232631208569019239003515

todd1561
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Big thanks to Darren for hosting yet another great event. There are more cars and people each year! Looking forward to the next one. And thanks to everyone who put up pictures, especially that panoramic shot Kevin took, that was great.

Todd

todd1561
04-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Was going though some old pictures of these events and found one from the first "tech day" Darren held back in 2008. It was just Darren, Mike Lund, Tom Castle and myself. It's come a long way since!

Todd

Iznodmad
04-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Wow, that's awesome Todd. A blast from the past! I hadn't even built the other garage or extended the driveway at that point. Also didn't own #16128 then either. All those old threads and pics were lost when the old site crashed. I may have some pics from the earlier sessions somewhere. I wonder what happened to that pic of me dodging a face full of coolant when we did the coolant flush on #5000? Problem is that I usually am too busy to take pics myself. Thank goodness others do, and Dwayne G is a huge help as well. I can't wait to see his pics, he has a wonderful eye on getting the right angles and lighting for our DeLoreans.

Chris Burns
04-22-2013, 09:12 PM
My video of VIN 16128. I love this car!! The smile I got from driving this Delorean will last for a LONG time!!:elmo2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1vCC_OWums

Thank you soo much Darren for sharing this Delorean and your baby Delorean VIN 5000 with me!

Farrar
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Sorry I missed this, guys. I hope to catch y'all next time!

Farrar

skylynx
04-23-2013, 12:15 AM
These are some of the pictures I took while at the Tech Event. Hope you enjoy them!~
:>

Delorean Industries
04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
As expected this looks to have been an amazing event. I apologize for missing this as I was very conflicted over it. Unfortunately I had to choose family in this case and I am sorry for letting everyone down. All parts orders we were bringing will be shipped as soon as addresses are confirmed on this end at our cost.

Farrar
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Family always comes first. Even my boss understands this.

skylynx
04-23-2013, 02:01 PM
A video I made while at the event. If it is yours please send me a message so I can credit you. thanx ~

Delorean Engine with lights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MTRvgKSgc&feature=youtu.be)

Hamsalad2
04-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I had a great time Saturday! Thanks to Darren for inviting me and my friends! Everyone was very friendly! I learned alot! Hope to have a Delorean by the end of the year!

TripleZeroFilms
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey all!

I'm still working on getting the "shake" video released, but in the meantime I figured I'd go ahead and share my first video from the event. Here is the always-entertaining Steve Rice explaining the DeLorean's Battery Light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRjsbtd6uP4

TripleZeroFilms
04-26-2013, 05:51 PM
OK everyone, time for another video!

A video of last Fall's Tech event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxh2dh5vMHI

Domi
04-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Great videos, thanks for sharing :thumbup2:

TripleZeroFilms
04-27-2013, 05:13 PM
OK everyone, I'm back with the mother-load. But first, I have the video I shot of this Tech Event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJXsSgWHyMY

But, what you've all been waiting for, the Harlem Shake videos. Yes, videos plural. Why? Well, most Harlem Shake videos are composed of just one static shot after the "hit," but I found that a couple cuts looked pretty good as well. So I made two different versions - One with a static shot and one with some cuts. We'll do a mini-poll here in this thread to see which you guys like better, and then a make a full thread to share the winner with the wider site (and the world!). BTW, do to copyright concerns, the videos are hosted on Vimeo as opposed to Youtube. Click the links and enjoy!

Harlem Shake Version 1 (Static):
https://vimeo.com/64914673

Harlem Shake Version 2 (Cuts):
https://vimeo.com/64914674

Which is your favourite?

Farrar
04-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Vimeo tells me they're private and I can't view them, even when I'm logged in to my Vimeo account. Is there a password?

TripleZeroFilms
04-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Vimeo tells me they're private and I can't view them, even when I'm logged in to my Vimeo account. Is there a password?

They shouldn't be private. In fact, they have 18 views so far so I know they're not. I just tried viewing them while not logged in and it works fine. Maybe a computer restart?

Dangermouse
04-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Just watched them on iPhone. No problems.

Seems to be more cars than "performers". Too shy?

Looks like Steve's suit but doesn't look like Steve.

I prefer #2 by a long way.

TripleZeroFilms
04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Just watched them on iPhone. No problems.

Seems to be more cars than "performers". Too shy?

Looks like Steve's suit but doesn't look like Steve.

I prefer #2 by a long way.

Yeah, we had a lot of people that were too shy to get in front of the camera and dance. If everyone there had gotten involved there would have been double the performers on screen.

And yes, that is Steve's suit on Darren's sister. Steve didn't wish to participate at the time and I learned afterwards it was due to objections to the song's lyrical content (content even I was unaware of). Still, he was kind enough to lend his suit for the shoot.

By a long way...Thanks for the input!

Farrar
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Maybe a computer restart?

Blasphemy! :lol: ;)

thirdmanj
04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I'd be more impressed with "Oppa Gullwing Style"... :lol: way to go guys!

Michael Babb
04-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I prefer the one with the cuts as well. Very nice job editing everything together!

Iznodmad
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Great videos Chris! Thanks so much for doing that! I enjoyed the 2nd (cut version) more than the first, but they were both very good. I keep noticing little things "here and there" every time I watch them, that I didn't see the first time I watched them. I'm glad we went through with doing the "shake" video. Thanks also to those that participated and appeared in the video. Great job everybody!

DMCBRANDON5873
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Hey good job on the Harlem shake videos! Yea somehow get them on YouTube!

Denise Decker Bradford
05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Awesome job on the videos Chris!!! I really appreciate everyone pitching in and helping with the filming and dancing in the video. I, like everyone else, like the 2nd one with the cuts better. Great job editing and getting all those great things everyone kept doing in the video. Thanks to all involved. And thank you to Steve for letting me borrow his suit.

adam_knox
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey gang,
Thanks so much for hosting such an awesome event. Darren, you really know how to throw a shindig! Had a great time. It was great meeting everybody!

Roman Legion
07-27-2013, 02:26 PM
When is the next meet?

Iznodmad
07-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Hmmm, strange new activity in this older thread. Nonetheless, glad to see people are remembering, and im excited to see it grow as it has been over the past few years. There will
be a fall meet, for sure. It will be in October, most likely on the 12th. I'm still in the very early stages of planning. I'll put up an official thread in the next few weeks stating the date(s), time, and agenda. In the meantime, enjoy looking thru the past meets here on Dmctalk.

Roman Legion
07-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Hmmm, strange new activity in this older thread. Nonetheless, glad to see people are remembering, and im excited to see it grow as it has been over the past few years. There will
be a fall meet, for sure. It will be in October, most likely on the 12th. I'm still in the very early stages of planning. I'll put up an official thread in the next few weeks stating the date(s), time, and agenda. In the meantime, enjoy looking thru the past meets here on Dmctalk.

Excellent, this will be the first time I have been close to a DeLorean. The first one I saw was at an intersection in Maryland years ago, but maybe I'll actually get closer to one, nay, many this time (Provided someone lets me near their car.) If it isn't too cold, I'm riding the motorcycle.