PDA

View Full Version : General Pulling to the left while braking

Ashyukun
07-01-2011, 10:46 AM
One thing that I've noticed consistently when driving is that when braking- especially when braking hard- the car pulls rather hard to the left, and that's one of the things I'd LOVE to rectify in the work I'm doing now.

My best guess has been that it's an issue with the brakes not applying pressure evenly between the two front wheels, but I'd be interested in any other reasons you guys could think of that I should check up on.

Thanks!

DMC02766
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
One thing that I've noticed consistently when driving is that when braking- especially when braking hard- the car pulls rather hard to the left, and that's one of the things I'd LOVE to rectify in the work I'm doing now.

My best guess has been that it's an issue with the brakes not applying pressure evenly between the two front wheels, but I'd be interested in any other reasons you guys could think of that I should check up on.

Thanks!

Are you running the original master cylinder / calipers?

Ashyukun
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I replaced the master cylinder and rebuilt all the calipers a bit over a year ago.

I just talked with Dave at MidWest while putting in an order though, and will be checking up on the right caliper. I'm also thinking it might be good to try bleeding it again, though I may have to do the whole system if I end up having to take the trailing arm off to remove the TAB...

David T
07-01-2011, 11:32 AM
If it pulls hard to the left when braking the right caliper is sticking/stuck. Changing the master cylinder or bleeding will not help. If one is sticking you should inspect the whole system especially if the fluid is dark and thick. If you drove through deep water that could cause a caliper to stick eventually.
David Teitelbaum