PDA

View Full Version : United British Sports Car Club Sacramento - Annual British Motor Show 5/19

jawn101
02-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Hey guys! This year's UBSCC meet is May 19th in Dixon. Fortunately the Brits are happy to forget the past for a day and welcome our Irish cars. It was a really fun time last year, but I ended up there all alone - no other DeLoreans - so I got lumped into the dreaded "Specialty" class. If we get 3 of us out there, we will get our own class and be judged against each other instead of against all the other martians who end up classed as Specialty cars. :)

The event is free to visitors, and costs $30 pre-entry ($40 day-of) to show.

You can register online at www.ubscc.org, but be sure to drop a reply to this post if you're planning to go so I know to look out for you!

This is a great event, lots of fun and lots of really cool cars to check out. The other owners are respectful and happy to keep an eye on your car if you want to walk around.

Ryan S.
02-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Your car looks lonely... all by yourself.

http://www.ubscc.org/UBSCC_Shows/Woodland2012/images/img_0861.jpg

jawn101
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Your car looks lonely... all by yourself.

http://www.ubscc.org/UBSCC_Shows/Woodland2012/images/img_0861.jpg

Haha! I didn't realize that had ended up on their site. But yeah! Come keep me company :)

vwdmc16
03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Is that your car show outfit Jon, its horrible :8ball:

jawn101
03-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Is that your car show outfit Jon, its horrible :8ball:

You think that's bad, I have a closet packed with even uglier shirts and stupider hats..... :lol:

jawn101
03-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Hey guys, just bumping this again... anyone want to come laugh at my ugly car show getup with me? I want to register for this but I'm not sure if I'll bother if I'm the only D there again :)

jawn101
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
One last bump on this show, I'm going to register today I think and would love to have some company :)

dmc3130
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
One last bump on this show, I'm going to register today I think and would love to have some company :)

Hey John,

I'm thinking of doing this one. Is it at the fairgrounds?

dmc3130
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Hey John,

I'm thinking of doing this one. Is it at the fairgrounds?

Duuuuuuuuh, just looked at your link.......Looks like a good time:rock_on:

jawn101
04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Haha, yeah - it's at the Dixon fairgrounds. Register soon so they can make us a class! I'm hoping to get at least 1 more person to join.

montkw
04-04-2013, 01:54 AM
I will be there but again, not with my 'D'. I'm acting as the DJ for the show and I have to bring something I can carry the equipment in. But please, do sign up, enjoy a great show of cars (something other than muscle cars and hot rods!), and come keep me company! I promise to play BTTF songs! You can register on-line at: http://www.ubscc.org/

jawn101
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I will be there but again, not with my 'D'. I'm acting as the DJ for the show and I have to bring something I can carry the equipment in. But please, do sign up, enjoy a great show of cars (something other than muscle cars and hot rods!), and come keep me company! I promise to play BTTF songs! You can register on-line at: http://www.ubscc.org/

Awesome, Ken.. looking forward to seeing you again. So far we have the 2, hoping at least one more will turn up :)

dmc3130
04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey John,

I just noticed this is on a Sunday. So I will be able to go. I just paid thru paypal. Not the normal sign-up procedure. Is that the way you did it? I did get a receipt from paypal. Is that all you did?

Stephen

jawn101
04-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Sweet! Yeah, I just paypalled the cash over - was there some way that you let them know what kind of car you've got? It asked me my year/make/model/color, which is what they'll make the judging class based on.

dmc3130
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Sweet! Yeah, I just paypalled the cash over - was there some way that you let them know what kind of car you've got? It asked me my year/make/model/color, which is what they'll make the judging class based on.

Yes it did, on the first page. I filled that out and it took me to the paypal page to pay.

jawn101
04-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Nice. I emailed the organizer to confirm and she says yes, we have a 3 car competition class now. It will be my first chance to meet a other owner in my town! Very excited to see another of our local cars come out of hiding. I still think you'll show him up, Stephen... :)

elfking
04-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Turns out I may be able to make it to this one... Not that my car is in any kind of show condition... Any idea when registration ends ??

jawn101
04-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Turns out I may be able to make it to this one... Not that my car is in any kind of show condition... Any idea when registration ends ??

May 2! Still plenty of time :)

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm

elfking
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
May 2! Still plenty of time :)

http://www.ubscc.org/CarShow.htm

Just paid via Paypal, I am in! Now just need to clean it up a bit... maybe take the cruise control out :histerical1:

jawn101
05-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Awesome Brian! Will be good to see ya there. We are up to at least 4 now! Too cool.

elfking
05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
I hope its not going to be too hot! No AC working yet but more importantly the fuel pump pickup tube is likely having issues... I don't want to rip it apart before the show since I don't have the parts.. but when I was coming home the other day in the hot weather it started falling on its face and the fuel pump was extremely loud... I figure I'll just keep the tank more then half full and enjoy the show. :hihi2:

jawn101
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Last year it was super hot and I got a ridiculously bad sunburn. But my (ridiculously accurate, of course) weather app says it will only be about 90 on Sunday. Could always remove your spare tire and fill the whole well with ice, that should keep the gas cool for a few minutes :)

elfking
05-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Last year it was super hot and I got a ridiculously bad sunburn. But my (ridiculously accurate, of course) weather app says it will only be about 90 on Sunday. Could always remove your spare tire and fill the whole well with ice, that should keep the gas cool for a few minutes :)

Good times... well I'll bring a hat and some sunscreen then... and maybe I'll just try and get there as early as I can to avoid driving in the heat....

elfking
05-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Well I won't win any awards but the D cleaned up better than I expected... I think this was the third time washing in two years of owning haha! Next will be trying the blend pad... See you all tomorrow !

Rich
06-01-2013, 02:20 PM
How was this event?

Any good photos from this year's new venue?

jawn101
06-02-2013, 11:53 AM
The event was great! I will post some pics this afternoon. We did have a competition class and got to meet another local (original) owner who was new to all of us.

Stephen took first place in our class, I got second and Brian got third. That means Stephen and 3130 can join the winners circle at next years show!

Jacko
06-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Good to hear that you guys enjoyed your Annual British Sports Car Show. This past week here in Arkansas there was the Annual British Car Show in Hot Springs, a national event. It lasted five days and I entered my '96 Jaguar XJS Drophead since I don't have 4915 back from DPI yet. It rained at least an inch each day and got 5 inches yesterday which was the day of the show ... monsoon weather! A stiff upper lip had by all!

jawn101
06-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Here you go guys! I couldn't decide which pics to post, so here's all of them!

Great turnout, hoping to have even more next year.

Nick R, if you're reading - you might appreciate the LS1 TR6 :)

Dangermouse
06-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Here you go guys! I couldn't decide which pics to post, so here's all of them!

Great turnout, hoping to have even more next year.

Nick R, if you're reading - you might appreciate the LS1 TR6 :)

I would imagine that is an interesting driving little car :)

Great pics John, glad they parked you near the RRs.