PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Car Show Inc. 2014 Dayton, OHIO

kkoncelik
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello

Its been a while and as those of you that have been involved with me you know I have been real busy the past year.

I am now a grandfather and I am getting older and a bit slower. Time does catch up with all of us.

The DeLorean Car Show in Dayton in 2014 I am planning to be one of my best. For those of you that attended the Florida show you know that the list of guests was the best we have ever had. The room was packed with over 400 people every night.

Attendance wise this was the third highest show for attendance.

I would like to challenge all of you DeLorean owners to help me make Dayton the best attended show ever.

Besides the show I will be giving many of you an oppertunity to see things that you can see nowhere else in the world.

This show is based on transportation so we will be doing the Dayton Air Force Museum. Its a free event and will take all day Thursday. Even then you will probably not see everything its is so huge.

You will be seeing a private car collection that is really spectacular and Taj My Garage, A unique collection of Porsche and Volkswagons plus a few other cars.

The Packard Museum has and I hope its is on Display a Packard similar to the one in BTTF where Biff got out and George McFly decked him.

Remember John DeLorean got his start at Packard. We have had photos in the musuem of him at Packard.

We will be looking at trains, bikes and airplaines at Caroline Park where you will see an actual Wright Brothers airplane. There is a lot of history and entertainment built into this event and I believe it will be one of DCS's best ever.

We wuold like to see 200 cars at the event and going back over records there are over 200 existing Delorean owners that have attended past shows that are withing 600 miles so this is truely an achievable go.

So I ask you to go to the web page deloreancarshow.com

check out the dates and put aside the time to go to the show.

Again this is the last show I am doing so if you like what has been done before please don't miss this opportunity to make DCS history and I assure you that the entertainment value of this show is the best we have ever had.

The Marriott Hotel will take reservations starting around June 20th 2013.

Again I reserve rooms based on previous shows so the sooner you room register the better and it allows me to get more rooms if necessary.

Rooms got a bit hard to get if you recall in Florida. We sold out and it takes a lot of time to try to manage rooms and many ended up in outside hotels.

This can be avoided with early registration so sign up early.

Event registration will begin in October 2013

Remember DCS cancellation policy is that you can cancel up to the day before the event so you have no reason not to.

Hope to see you there.

Thank you for many years of support

Ken Koncelik

Senior Trustee

DeLorean Car Show Inc.

Rich W
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Hello

Besides the show I will be giving many of you an oppertunity to see things that you can see nowhere else in the world.

This show is based on transportation so we will be doing the Dayton Air Force Museum. Its a free event and will take all day Thursday. Even then you will probably not see everything its is so huge.

Looking forward to seeing SR71A #61-7976 at the Dayton Air Force Museum.

Rich W
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello

Its been a while and as those of you that have been involved with me you know I have been real busy the past year.

I am now a grandfather and I am getting older and a bit slower. Time does catch up with all of us.

Note to Mods: This thread should be moved to DeLorean Events/Car Shows section from the How-To Guides section.

I guess Ken must be getting older if he is posting DCS Updates in the How-To section (LOL).

ccurzio
03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Done. Thanks.

dmcjohn
03-08-2013, 03:14 PM
We'll be there, looking forward to finally going to one of your shows Ken!

SS Spoiler
03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Hope to make the drive from western Montana

Jeff K
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
If you are an aviation fan, Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio is absolutely awesome.

Plan on spending a lot of time there.

Jeff
PS - If you go.. notice the name on the bench right outside the museum. Each bench is names after a group or squadron if I remember right. (Been a while)

DeLorean03
03-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I guess I can make the trip down the street .... gonna have to wake up like....half an hour earlier than normal .... so inconvenient ;).

I live nearly right across the street from Wright Patterson Area B where the AF Museum is located. No more than 2 minutes down the street and I can see the base. I have only been here a year, but if people here need some help finding local things or locations, just let me know. I like to explore a city; it helps me learn where everything is so if there are any requests, just let me know!

DMCMW Dave
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I guess I can make the trip down the street .... gonna have to wake up like....half an hour earlier than normal .... so inconvenient ;).

I live nearly right across the street from Wright Patterson Area B where the AF Museum is located. No more than 2 minutes down the street and I can see the base. I have only been here a year, but if people here need some help finding local things or locations, just let me know. I like to explore a city; it helps me learn where everything is so if there are any requests, just let me know!

The question you will get is "where is the car wash".

SS Spoiler
03-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Would it be possible to arrange ahead of time to reserve a car wash near the hotel? If we could promise them you'll have 200 deLoreans lining up out side your door. Best if someone local picked out the best one. Maybe free tickets to the show.

SS Spoiler
03-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Note to Ken K, is it possible to leave a space on our official name tags for hand writing our " DMCTALK handles" name? Would be great to put faces to the names.
Another idea is to invite a machinist club to bring some small engines they've made and do some demos. I know a lot of guys would be keenly interested.
How about inviting some companies that sell tools that would help up do repairs, to set up during the product show.
I better shut up or i'll get assigned some duties.

Paul Cerny #2691
Kalispell, MT [way to far out to be of much help]

Nicholas R
03-09-2013, 01:03 AM
This will be the closest carshow yet to where I live in Cincinnati (~30min away), and by the time it rolls around I'm going to be living in Florida. Oh well... I'll still probably make the drive :thumbup:

DeLorean03
03-09-2013, 10:18 AM
As the show gets closer Ken, let me know what I can do to help you. Heck, Jessica and I will probably both get involved to help!

SS Spoiler
03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Good idea, Ken can use all the help he can get. Ken should set up a site where we can plug in to serve. Maybe even come a day early to help out, I'm in. If you've been to a DCS you know Ken pushes himself so hard he can't see straight, so let's all chip in make it the easiest one he's ever done.

Paul Cerny #2691
Kalispell, MT

Shep
03-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Note to Ken K, is it possible to leave a space on our official name tags for hand writing our " DMCTALK handles" name? Would be great to put faces to the names.I second this, for exactly the same reason. I have no idea what 90% of you guys look like, so it'll be nice to put faces to names. Also a spot to put our VIN numbers, so we know which DeLorean belongs to that guy we just bumped into. Other than the BTTF conversions, customs, body kits, and painted DeLoreans, I'm not sure I'd be able to pick theirs out in a crowd. Obviously there has to be enough space on the name tag for those of us that own more than one.

And if they're not already, can we make them lanyards? I'd love to keep mine once the event is over as a memento of sorts, reminding me that I was there. I don't think I'd be able to take off a sticker without ripping it.

Almost forgot, thanks a TON for organizing this Ken! I can't think of a single other DeLorean show that people from Europe, Australia, etc. all fly over to see. Can't wait to be there! :thumbup:

Dangermouse
03-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Last year Ken had a lanyard with your proper name and your forum name on it. Yes, it is a nice souvenir.

Honestly, I don't think you need the VIN. Unless you carry a cross referenced spreadsheet, its just too much to remember. It also makes it more difficult for Ken to organize. The cars on show all have the VIN and owners name displayed.

The only other DeLorean show is of course Eurofest in Dunmurry every 4 years where people come from all over the world.

Rich W
03-10-2013, 09:32 AM
The only other DeLorean show is of course Eurofest in Dunmurry every 4 years where people come from all over the world.

IIRC, Eurofest is every 5 years, at least the last 3 events in 2001, 2006 and 2011, during the main anniversary
years for the 20th, 25th and 30th anniversaries of the DeLorean.

Dangermouse
03-10-2013, 10:20 AM
True.

dmc6960
03-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I realize it would be twice the work, but double-sided name badges would sure be nice. There is something about the printed side which always wants to rotate itself against the wearer's shirt. Then someone like me walks up to you and cannot remember your name despite talking to you last night. I suppose I could always blame the Long Islands.

Rich W
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
I realize it would be twice the work, but double-sided name badges would sure be nice. There is something about the printed side which always wants to rotate itself against the wearer's shirt. Then someone like me walks up to you and cannot remember your name despite talking to you last night. I suppose I could always blame the Long Islands.

Jim, you are a genius !! Sounds like a great solution, even if it is just the name on a label, on the back of the badge, before it goes into the holder.

I am bad with names too, but I can usually remember more about the person's car than their actual name...a true gear-head, I guess.

DeLorean03
03-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I completely agree with the 2x sided tag. I was at Ken's last night, and there were a couple people there that are on these forums; I flat out walked by and didn't even know it.

Like Patrick C. (: .... you were there last night, and I didn't even know it.

Dangermouse
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Agreed on the double sided tag. It's like buttered toast falling to the floor. - guaranteed to be the wrong side.

DMC_Jorge
03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
I went to the DCS show last year in Orlando, and plan on going to more of them, as much as I can.
I'm new on the DCS forums and don't own a Delorean, yet, but it has been my dream to own one.
Even with the maintenance that comes behind it, I'm still looking forward to the day when I can get one of my own.
I'll probably be picking up The Illustrated Buyer's Guide to DeLorean Automobiles soon.

- Jorge

Rich W
06-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Hello

The DeLorean Car Show in Dayton in 2014 I am planning to be one of my best.

The Marriott Hotel will take reservations starting around June 20th 2013.

Hope to see you there.

Thank you for many years of support

Ken Koncelik

Senior Trustee

DeLorean Car Show Inc.

Hi Ken,

I know you have been very busy with a lot of things over the past month or so, some expected and some very unexpected,
but I was curious if the DCS 2014 Hotel Reservations have officially started or will Hotel Reservations be starting soon.

Thanks,
Rich W.

StainlessSteelDream
07-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi Ken,

I know you have been very busy with a lot of things over the past month or so, some expected and some very unexpected,
but I was curious if the DCS 2014 Hotel Reservations have officially started or will Hotel Reservations be starting soon.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Ditto....

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Will we get a discounted price on the rooms? Wife said she is not going to this one so may be looking for someone to share a room.

NightFlyer
07-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Will we get a discounted price on the rooms? Wife said she is not going to this one so may be looking for someone to share a room.

I might be interested in sharing a room.

john 05141
07-03-2013, 03:19 AM
I've done DCS at Gettysburg and Orlando. Not bad for a European to cross the Atlantic twice to see the show, but it was so worth it.
I was at Eurofest too and both shows cannot be compared, they both have their unique features, I love them both.

I will pass on the next DCS, but maybe again a later version.

For the Europeans on this forum, you should really consider going to a DCS in the States. If you haven't yet been there, as a Delorean enthousiast or certainly as an owner you should go and experience this unique event. If you make plane reservations well in advance, share an economic rental car and share the hotel room, it is certainly value for money.
The sphere there is just great, a big bunch of friends.

My dream would be to ship my DeLorean to the US for this event and ship it back after the show, but I guess that is a bit expensive. but we're supposed to live the dream right?

Jan

DL5128
07-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Ken,

I tried to reserve a room and it seems there are none at the Marriott. BTW, the default date was 6/10-6/14. Are you going to increase the block of rooms? This will be my first national show and I'm anxious to attend.

Dave

DeLorean03
07-09-2013, 10:28 PM
To help you all out, Ken comes on here like 1x every 1/4 year. If you want answers, you need to go to the DCS website and get his phone number off of it. His cell is listed on there.

Oliver Holler
07-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Folks,
After reading and listening to many people about DCS and other shows, I thought I'd remind everyone that nothing is ever guaranteed.
It's easy to assume there will always be another show to attend, but over the years, I've seen clubs come and go, magazines come and go, even conventions, etc.
I guess the DMC Factory itself is the ultimate example of this phenomenon.
Not to put fear into anyone, but please remember that these things are produced by humans who have lives that evolve and change over time.
I think Ken has said for the last 3 shows that it might be his last, and I'm grateful he's continued to find it within himself to wrestle each additional one into being.
They say live each day as if it were your last.
I enjoy every DCS the same way.
Oliver

Bitsyncmaster
07-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi Folks,
After reading and listening to many people about DCS and other shows, I thought I'd remind everyone that nothing is ever guaranteed.
It's easy to assume there will always be another show to attend, but over the years, I've seen clubs come and go, magazines come and go, even conventions, etc.
I guess the DMC Factory itself is the ultimate example of this phenomenon.
Not to put fear into anyone, but please remember that these things are produced by humans who have lives that evolve and change over time.
I think Ken has said for the last 3 shows that it might be his last, and I'm grateful he's continued to find it within himself to wrestle each additional one into being.
They say live each day as if it were your last.
I enjoy every DCS the same way.
Oliver

+1
It's always worth the time and money. Meet many new people at each one I've been to.

Shep
07-13-2013, 10:49 PM
I've been wondering this for a while, but since this will probably be Ken's last DCS, maybe someone else who can devote the time and energy required can pick up the torch? Considering how huge it is, I'd hate for next year to be the last one. Surely someone in the DeLorean community can step up and take the reins from Ken after DCS 2014...

DeLorean03
07-14-2013, 02:20 AM
I've been wondering this for a while, but since this will probably be Ken's last DCS, maybe someone else who can devote the time and energy required can pick up the torch? Considering how huge it is, I'd hate for next year to be the last one. Surely someone in the DeLorean community can step up and take the reins from Ken after DCS 2014...

A protege is already in the works. DCS 2014 will be Ken's last, but it's not the end of DCS entirely.

Shep
07-14-2013, 01:47 PM
A protege is already in the works. DCS 2014 will be Ken's last, but it's not the end of DCS entirely.:yesss:

kkoncelik
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
OK if you guys can share this info across the other forums I would appreciate it.

DCS 2014 hotel reservations are now open

Just go the

www.deloreancarshow.com

web page and click on hotel reservation.

This time you can do it online or you can call in.

Follow the instructions.

As with all shows I have no idea of how many will show up so we are again I am sure underbooked on rooms.

I have about 300 rooms for DCS and the Bricklin people.

If you can all preregister I can still get more. But as you have seen in past shows once they are gone they are gone.

There are a limited number of Kings avail so if you want a King bed for sure you need to call quickly.

The show is anticipated to sell out. When we booked the economy was down so we went conservative.

The hall can only hold 475 people so that is the limit.

We have done this many people 5 times before and based on my going to many of the clubs this spring we will sell out.

We sold out if you remember in Pigeon Forge on Friday night.

The show in Florida had over 400 of you at the dinners (guest speakers) This year we have two new people from the Delorean Factory and we will probably have a total of 5 or 6 people from the factory and again the BTTF group.

YES this is definitely my last show so if you like the way I do the shows this is the last one I am doing.

I have enjoyed doing the show but decided to go out on a high note and spend more time with my kids in Florida and with the passing of Cliff and all the support that he had done in the past that makes this decision even more definite. Cliff made running the show much easier. He will be missed.

This show is based on transportation and we will cover Cars, planes, trains, bicycles, bikes and other forms of transportation.

The schedule will have you going Thursday all day to the Air force museum. It is free. After that then come to the hotel to check in and dinner will be a bit later than usual. Probably closer to 7 so that you can get back and get checked in.

Friday and Saturday will follow the usual format with a driving or bus tour where we will have four or five stops. As always I will keep you busy and entertained.

Thank you for the support over the past 20 years and I will do my best to make this the best show ever.

Ken

Rich W
07-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the update.

I already pre-registered for 3 rooms, but I do a have a few questions that others may be thinking or asking soon.

When do you think you will be ready to accept the actual Car Show Events Reservations? (for planning purposes)

At the show, will we be able to "check-in" for the Thursday night dinner Before going to the Air Museum?

Will the Car Show itself be primarily Indoors or Outdoors? (again, for planning purposes, at least for me)

Thanks,
Rich W.

Rich W
11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Note to Mods: It's probably a good time to swap the "Sticky" from DCS 2012 to Ken's DCS 2014 official thread.

Cross-posted Ken K.'s most recent post below, about DCS 2014, and Registration available by later this month.

Ken K.'s post:

DCS 2014 Raffle car

This years raffle car is VIN 5794 and it has 3211 miles on it at the time of this post. The car is being refurbished as we do all raffle cars and you can see the initial pictures at the DCS store at www.deloreancarshow.com.

This will be my final raffle car so if you want to own a DeLorean your odds are 600:1 as there will only be 600 tickets sold.
Proceeds go to the DeLorean Car Show.

This is the 6th raffle car we have offered and this one is again a car that any DeLorean Owner would be proud to own.

It is an automatic gray interior 1981. The car is now registered in the DeLorean data base and we will give the car away in Dayton at the show in 2014.

Tickets are now available at the DCS store.

We do expect tickets again to sell out before the show as they have done for the past 3 cars. So get your tickets ASAP and guarantee yourself a chance to win this low mileage car.

DCS event registration should be ready by Thanksgiving week.

Again thanks
Ken

Rich W
11-11-2013, 12:45 PM
DCS 2014 - Some Daily Event details have been posted to the DCS website:

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-thursday.php

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-friday.php

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/events-saturday.php

MartyP
11-12-2013, 11:53 AM
My Girlfriend and I will be there for sure. And driving in the D all the way from quebec Canada, 1300KM to go.
I was at DCS 2012 (my first one) but I flew from Burlington to Orlando.

This time my car is going to DCS !

john 05141
11-13-2013, 03:00 AM
I've been to 2 DCS shows, not bad for a European. My dream would be to ship my D from Belgium to attend the show and then back home. I might be crazy enough to do it but insurance, registration,.... never mind.
I will pass for this one, I hope new DCS shows will come, and if I am still an owner then I will likely cross the big pond again to attend a show.

Surely I will miss it next year and my toughts will be there continousy during the show.
The English installed a webcam during their shows, I'd like to see that on a DCS too..... Ken is that possible?

Jan

MartyP
11-16-2013, 08:42 AM
It's getting official, Room is booked !

DeLorean03
11-16-2013, 12:47 PM
The thread has now been "stickied" :).

Jessica (my wife) and I will both be there - needless to say given that we live literally across the street from the AF museum.

This will be my 2nd show - 1st was in 2004 - so 10 years between shows. It will be a really fun time, and I cannot wait to attend!

DMCMW Dave
11-16-2013, 04:04 PM
The thread has now been "stickied" :).

It's getting common enough that you guys should get with Ken and set up an engine swap display in one place. The ones I know of:

Jeremiah's (Eddie G) VW Engine
Tom's Honda Engine
Marc's Nissan Engine
Nick's LS1 Engine
Rich's Buick Turbo Engine
(The late) Cliff's (Eddie G) Supra Engine
A bevy of Premier/Diplomat 3.0 PRVs

Extra points for finding these - Lost - but seen at prior shows:
(The late) Kyle's small block Chevy
ACE Cadillac Northstar
Jim W's Mazda 3-rotor
The twin-engine Honda/Cadillac (builder's name escapes me)

Any others?
I recall seeing an attempt at a small-block Ford but I'm not sure it was ever completed or running

Lots of engineering going on out there!

StainlessBullet
11-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Extra points for finding these - Lost - but seen at prior shows:
(The late) Kyle's small block Chevy

Wait, what happened to Kyle? I just recently chatted with him on facebook about his swap.

DMCMW Dave
11-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Wait, what happened to Kyle? I just recently chatted with him on facebook about his swap.

My mistake. He's still out there. :blush:

DeLorean03
11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
It's getting common enough that you guys should get with Ken and set up an engine swap display in one place. The ones I know of:

Jeremiah's (Eddie G) VW Engine
Tom's Honda Engine
Marc's Nissan Engine
Nick's LS1 Engine
Rich's Buick Turbo Engine
(The late) Cliff's (Eddie G) Supra Engine
A bevy of Premier/Diplomat 3.0 PRVs

That is an outstanding idea! I am sure Nathan (Cliff's son) would be willing to bring 2JZ to the show, and we could get both of Eddie's creations side by side along with all the other engine swaps.

I'll pass that to Ken next time I see him. That would really be pretty cool :thumbup:!

I don't want to go too off topic, but regarding Kyle - if I recall correctly - wasn't there a stunt gone wrong and someone close to him was tragically killed? I hate to say it, but was it his wife? I can't remember for sure. Never heard from or saw him again anywhere on the internet after that occurred. His 350 small block at DCS 2004 was awesome. I was very "oooo...ahhhhhhhhh!!!" when I saw it. The emblems of Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, and Corvettes he "shot down" on the rear driver's side engine window glass was always cool to see :driving1:.

Rich W
11-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Any others?

Agreed. A few more:

Rick G.'s Twin Engine DeLorean (that Dave mentioned)
The DeLotus Twin Turbo Lotus V8
The "Pantera" DeLorean (recently rediscovered)
The carbed Ford 351C engine swap

As another possible DCS 2014 car group, how about getting
as many of the previous Raffle Car DeLoreans to attend?
With this event being Ken's last official show and Ken made
the raffles possible, it would be a fitting tribute to DCS to
see a few of the Raffle Cars, all together, on display at DCS.

Malevy
11-21-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't come here much any more.. But subscribed to this thread to get the email alerts.

As others have said, Ken is more of a "call me" than "email me" guy, and probably only comes on the forum to post updates.

DCS2012 was supposed to be my last show helping Ken, I was looking forward to 2014 so I could be a regular attendee. But (as Oliver said), things change. In this case, it was the unfortunate passing of Cliff. Because of that, I committed to helping Ken for his last show. It is likely I will again be doing all of the raffle tickets, badges, and registrations (Yes, I saw the notes about double sided badges, and will try and accommodate). And of course anything that is needed during the show.

So, with that, I will do my best to answer questions where I can.. But, Ken is the last say on everything.

kkoncelik
11-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello everyone

Well the registration has been up for about a week and a few of you have stumbled on it and registered so our trial is over and the site is ready for us to announce that DCS 2014 is open for event registration. Some of the daily events may still vary but the show is pretty much set now.

Guests are being added as they agree to come.

We will be spending time at this show going over the past 20 years of DCS. This has been an interesting journey from the first show where we were told only Outlaws and renegades would attend to the most highly attended DeLorean events ever.

This one again is set to be one of the biggest shows.

With that in mind I would like to first thank you all for helping this dream of mine come true.

The Marriott is limited in size but is centrally located to all the events we have planned. They have done a great job in getting us prepared for the final show.

We do have a space limitation and can only take in 500 guests per night for the evening events. With that said we have gone over this twice before so we are expecting a sellout.

Please register early to make sure you have a spot for this historic show and It also will allow me to better plan the event.

Also MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS. This event looks like it will be bigger than we had thought in 2011 when we began looking at sites to hold the event.

Make sure you get a room. Hotel reservations are being taken now. It costs you nothing to reserve. You can cancel up to the day before with no cost and it assures you that you will be in the center of all the action.

Go to www.deloreancarshow.com for both room and event registrations.

This upcoming week is Thanksgiving and a great time to register.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hope to see you all in Dayton.

Remember this is your show. And its your final show from me.

Jason will update you on his plans of taking over at the show so we look forward to seeing you there

Ken Koncelik

kkoncelik
11-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Marc is partially correct on me reading the posts. I do not get on much between shows but as the shows approach I do get on more often.

And yes I do take time to read each and every post.

to answer some of the questions

Yes I need help
Mainly in the set up and tear down

Right now with Cliff being gone setting up the stage will be the biggest challenge with the electronics, cameras and just laying cable.
Anyone that understands this stuff is surely welcome. I have not had to do this since Memphis (Pigeon Forge was set up by the convention center) The rest were done by cliff and his family, Mark Woudsma, Elliott, and Josh. So I am starting from level 1 again. I do have access to the equipment however.

I hope I can count on Video Bob as he usually does the overall video recording, Kevin for photos and Marc has been a great asset and although he was going to come and enjoy the show this time, its in his blood so he is helping again.

Jason Sharkey will also be helping with his crew but they have no experience in this type of show so extra hands will be appreciated.

I am looking at getting the registration streamlined and since the show should sell out before we leave for it, We may have most of the registration stuff done which would reduce the amount of people needed in registration. At some of the past shows we have had over 100 people register at the show making it difficult to move lines quickly due the amount of help we have. Last few shows we did a good job as we learned what not to do at Gettysburg.

Name tags again are on the list. If we can get registrations up and not have to do a bunch of stuff last minute we can take time to double print the name tags,
Remember its not a direct image to do this as it has to be flipped so the sides match.

The raffle car is months ahead of where we were. As of this morning we have sold 84 tickets. Way beyond the 30 or so usually gone at this time. Room reservations are consistent but not ahead or behind averages of other shows.

Event registration begins officially today and thanks to those that found it and registered.

I like the idea of a volunteer list. This year the list will be completely different than in years past and I am going to have to manage the whole show this time vs sharing it with Cliff so your help is appreciated.

I will be on this forum more often now and Marc keeps me up on thing I miss so thanks Marc.

So please help me and register early and get your raffle tickets. We can speed up registration and make things easier on the help if we have all of that done a few days before the show.

Thanks for your support

Its your show

See you in Dayton

Ken

kkoncelik
11-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I too would like to get all the raffle cars together. They are all still running.

I have lost contact with the one in from Lexington but I think we can Get Jim Jeffers, Marty Lick and Shannon to come and its a matter of getting in contact with the person that bought Bill Millers car. I saw him in Chicago last year and asked him to come. So any help from all of you to motivate them to come is surely welcome.

We have given away 5 cars not bad.

And as of this morning I am going up to Dave Bauerle's in Delaware Ohio to pick up this years raffle car. It is running and it looks pretty good as is but it needs some additional cleaning and a good going over. Dave checked out the transmission and put in a new Governor as well so that the car is at its max performance. I will be driving it for the first time today. After a clean up I would like to find a nice home for it so that it can be used and displayed. Sitting in my building does not help it. We will use it In parades and special events and shows like usual. If I do a driving tour in the spring we will use it there as well.

I think that with the way the tickets are selling we may be sold out by April not May. We are over a month ahead of schedule. There is no reserve amount of tickets that have to be sold on this car. That has held sales down before since I said I had to sell 300 minimum tickets on previous raffle cars. That is not on the table for this car it will be raffled and I have no question that it will sell out.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Register now and be part of history.

Ken

kkoncelik
11-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Note on Hotel rooms

There are plenty of rooms at this point.
If for some reason you have someone tell you there are no rooms let me know immediately
Rooms usually don't sell out until Jan or Feb
This time may be different.

Remember Vegas sold out, Memphis sold out.
Chicago sold out, Orlando sold out.

Sell outs are not uncommon so please don't wait to register for a hotel even if you are not sure if you will make the show you can always cancel
Cancellations are a lot less work for me than trying to find rooms that don't exist.

THIS SHOW WILL SELL OUT Hotel rooms probably by January some time.

thanks
Ken

DeLorean03
11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Ken,

Jessica and I are ready to help you as time gets closer. Obviously, our schedules have been pretty hectic this year, but we'll do whatever we can to help - especially as the show gets very close. It'll have been since Pigeon Forge since I went to DCS, and it'll be Jessica's first one - so we both are very excited to come be part of this!

Let me know when you need us.

Nicholas R
11-23-2013, 01:16 PM
You know I'll be there Ken. Planning on hitting the road Wednesday afternoon to be up Thursday Morning. Whatever running around has to happen, I'll be there to help. Can't wait!

Also I agree with the previous posts about trying to get a section just for engine swapped cars! :)

Rich_NYS
11-24-2013, 11:56 AM
On the registration form, there's a field to signup for membership: "Administrators, Delorean Car Show, Tester." It defaults to "No Membership."

What is the membership this field refers to?

Thanks

topcop66
11-29-2013, 09:29 AM
The driving tour on Friday....question....is it going to be a "group ride", as in arriving and departing at specific times, or is it just a drive on your own kinda thing? Thinking that with all there is to see and do this day, it would make more sense to do self-guided tours/arrive and leave when you want.
The way it is stated on the website it sounded more like a "driving tour" as in a group ride.

Rich_NYS
11-29-2013, 11:55 AM
On the registration form, there's a field to signup for membership: "Administrators, Delorean Car Show, Tester." It defaults to "No Membership."

What is the membership this field refers to?

Thanks

I spoke to Ken & got the info I needed: I can disregard that field.

beernpizzalover
11-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I just signed up!

Bill6298
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
There is no reserve amount of tickets that have to be sold on this car. That has held sales down before since I said I had to sell 300 minimum tickets on previous raffle cars. That is not on the table for this car it will be raffled and I have no question that it will sell out.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Register now and be part of history.

Ken

Does anyone know how the raffle car gets funded? With 300 tickets, that's only 15K and I imagine someone is putting up a lot of cash in advance for the car, buying parts, and doing a lot of work.

Malevy
12-10-2013, 08:35 AM
The driving tour on Friday....question....is it going to be a "group ride", as in arriving and departing at specific times, or is it just a drive on your own kinda thing? Thinking that with all there is to see and do this day, it would make more sense to do self-guided tours/arrive and leave when you want.
The way it is stated on the website it sounded more like a "driving tour" as in a group ride.

Most DCS driving tours are self guided. In the past, Ken has provided written instructions and audio.. Although, we have not had the audio in a few years! (Thankfully, because I did a lot of those tape copies)

Does anyone know how the raffle car gets funded? With 300 tickets, that's only 15K and I imagine someone is putting up a lot of cash in advance for the car, buying parts, and doing a lot of work.

600 tickets will be sold. The show does not make a large profit from the raffle, the intent was to use it to generate publicity for the show. A nice side effect is that early ticket sales gives Ken some cash he needs up front to pay for deposits and such. It does generate some income, but the show is registered as a non-profit so all of that money goes back in to the show. All of us that "work" for the show are unpaid volunteers.

Rich W
12-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Some additional clarification on the DCS Raffle Car, at least from a partial Historical perspective.

Ken K. usually selects DeLoreans that are "diamonds in the rough" for the DCS Raffle Cars, with most of the cars having been stored for some time.
These cars usually require more labor than parts to get running and streetable again, and this is where the value of the cars increase dramatically
as the cars are worked on primarily by a volunteer work-force (for the good of DCS) and some of the needed parts are donated by some vendors.

Dave Swingle and myself helped bring the 2004 DCS Raffle Car out of its long term storage condition about a decade ago (Winter 2003/2004) and
I recall Dave Baurle (and his DeLorean repair shop) did some work on this car before the final delivery of the first Raffle Car after DCS 2004.

Like all DeLoreans, each of the DCS Raffle Cars have had a different story and history, and many individuals have donated their time and expertise
to make the DCS Raffle Cars into very good "daily driver ready" DeLoreans. The DCS "Raffle Car" has helped make the DCS Event what it is today.

Bill6298
12-10-2013, 02:45 PM
the cars are worked on primarily by a volunteer work-force (for the good of DCS) and some of the needed parts are donated by some vendors.

DCS is a pretty remarkable feat. After reading the whole website, I can tell a lot of people have contributed a LOT to make this tradition happen.

I bought a ticket yesterday. I just hope my car will be in the right condition to make the 900 mile drive by then.

Malevy
12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
DCS is a pretty remarkable feat. After reading the whole website, I can tell a lot of people have contributed a LOT to make this tradition happen.

I hope the new "gang" can continue the tradition..

kkoncelik
12-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Just an update

The web page is still on Cliffs server and we have been getting some e-mails back that its a bit slow.

When you click on more information on the items in the store it may be slow to come up. We are working on it but its not our system and Cliff is not there to help us.

On the good side we are way ahead of registrations from any other show we have done. Remember this show does have a limit of 500 which would make it almost

about the size of Gettysburg.

Please bring your car we would like to see 200 Deloreans at this one and we do have them in the area. If we get to 150 I will contact the Guinness book of world records and try to get us listed But we need to beat Gettysburg 154 I believe.

Once the registration goes to zero that is it the show is sold out. We may not have a walk in registration at the show so please register early to make sure you have a place. We will be adding guests and events as we go and you may not want to miss this one.

Raffle tickets are almost double what they had been in the past at this time so again if you are waiting again for May you just may be too late.

the last two cars have sold out by early May. This one will definitely go sooner based on the purchase rate so far.

Hotel

If you try to get a room outside the normal three days you may get a not available notice back. Just call the hotel and ask for Robert Ogles he will add the rooms to the night you want. The same will happen if you order a bed style they don't have. It does not mean you are not going to get a room. This is typical for hotel systems as inconvenient as it is. So far we are a bit over 50% booked again way ahead of all shows but Memphis at this point which sold out in a few days.

Again we will sell out.

Marc is also right on the raffle car. Most of them are cars stored and just waiting to come back. This years car is now running and has already been worked on by Dave Bauerle.
I am doing brakes, brake lines and cosmetics now. The car is going to be a real good runner as we got it working in literally a few days. But we do refurbish the cars and ALL prior raffle cars are still on the road today. The cars are in good working condition and many of them I use prior to the show for parades and driving tours at various group events.
They are totally drivable and in good working condition.

The driving tour this time is not very long so you will not need a tape.
However if you don't drive we have a bus.
the driving tour costs include the cost of admission to all the venues and help pay for the bus.
I encourage you all to take the tour since what you will see is very rare and its worth the time to do it.

Thank you for your great support. Remember this is your show.

Ken

kkoncelik
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
One of the questions is does it make more sense to drive or to take the bus.
I don't think it will matter much
the bus will come around approximately every half hour or so.
It will start out at the Packard Museum and Taj Ma Garag (pending on contract)
You can walk between these two and parking is limited. They are a mile or so from the Hotel and about two bocks from each other.
The Caroline park is walking distance from the hotel but a bit of a hike so I do suggest the bus. This is where you go once you finish the first two places
The bus will start dropping off at these first then go to Caroline park, Blad Muscle cars (about 5 min drive) and a private collection ( about 5 min drive).
Of all the places Caroline park will take the longest ( about 3 hours if you do all the things) and will probably be the last stop.

Busses at the beginning and end will probably run about 20 minutes apart. We actually will be using one bus.

Hope this answers the question

Delorean02378
12-17-2013, 08:10 PM
When I posted on the registered thread, I stole the thunder of Ken's post so let's put this one back on top.

kkoncelik
12-31-2013, 08:47 AM
The wonders of Facebook. Thanks to a post by James the raffle car ticket sales took off shortly after noon yesterday. By midnight we had sold 100 tickets on 64 transactions and the rush was such that in the first half hour or so after his post we were so loaded that the web page was running very slow.
We did not crash however and we processed a lot of tickets sales In that first hour.

Raffle ticket sales are almost quadruple what they have been up to this point on past raffles cars so don't expect the tickets to last much longer.
In the past it took to May to sell out and I am sure we will be way way before this. Two more days like yesterday and that will about do it so if you want a ticket get one soon.

And for all of you have a Happy New Year

thanks for your support

Ken

Rich W
01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi Ken, (or Marc)

A quick question regarding the Registration "items" counter.

A friend of mine just registered himself and his family recently, and he mentioned this question about the Registration "items" counter,
since he had to basically go through Registration twice (total of Five attending), with four the first time and one the second time.

Each time he registered, the counter only went down by one, regardless if there was four registered at one time or just one at a time.
So, the question is "Does the item counter mean anything regarding the actual number of individuals registered?" Is it just a counter?

I know you and your crew are monitoring all registrations, so that is not an issue, however, if the actual available registrations are less
than the number on the "item" counter, it might be good to let folks know Registration may close Before the item counter reaches Zero.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Malevy
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
It makes it less of a marketing tool, but the registration counter was done based on an estimate. It is a shortcoming of the software since the registration is the "item", and the other things (which meals, extra people, etc..) are options on that item.

Because of that, I think Ken started the counter at 250.. Assuming (on average) 2 people per registration. As the number of available registrations approach zero, we will manually count the number of actual people registered and update that number in the store. We are at 184 right now, so there are still spots left.

However, the count for the raffle tickets *IS* accurate. There are about 280 tickets left.

Hi Ken, (or Marc)

A quick question regarding the Registration "items" counter.

A friend of mine just registered himself and his family recently, and he mentioned this question about the Registration "items" counter,
since he had to basically go through Registration twice (total of Five attending), with four the first time and one the second time.

Each time he registered, the counter only went down by one, regardless if there was four registered at one time or just one at a time.
So, the question is "Does the item counter mean anything regarding the actual number of individuals registered?" Is it just a counter?

I know you and your crew are monitoring all registrations, so that is not an issue, however, if the actual available registrations are less
than the number on the "item" counter, it might be good to let folks know Registration may close Before the item counter reaches Zero.

Thanks,
Rich W.

David R
01-14-2014, 04:31 PM
I had a great time stopping by DCS 2012, I wish I could attend 2014. I do hope to make it out to Ohio later this year…hopefully to pick up the DCS raffle car. ;)

StainlessSteelDream
01-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Hey Gang,

Heading down to DCS in Dayton, and gonna spend a week (or so) after it in the area. Plan on checking out the RnR Hall of Fame in Cleveland, and maybe Indianapolis and/or Cincinnati.

Anyone have any "must-do" or "must-see" suggestions for the area?

M

Jeremy Popp
01-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Hey Gang,

Heading down to DCS in Dayton, and gonna spend a week (or so) after it in the area. Plan on checking out the RnR Hall of Fame in Cleveland, and maybe Indianapolis and/or Cincinnati.

Anyone have any "must-do" or "must-see" suggestions for the area?

M

Kings Island is a pretty big attraction... also, Exit 29 off I-75 (in Monroe) has 2 flea markets, Cinci Prime Outlets, The Ohio Valley Gaming Casino and the Hustler Hollywood Store. The Giant Jesus Statue is also there (visible off the highway). Its the new one that got replaced after the other was struck by lightening (literally). I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting.

kkoncelik
02-22-2014, 09:30 AM
HI

Well we are four months away and the DCS Dayton is off to a great start. We already have more people registered for this show than all the previous shows except Gettysburg and Chicago Pheasant Run. We expect to exceed Chicago and get close to Gettysburg only because of space restrictions. There are only 149 registrations left so if you have not registered do it soon as in the past half of the registrations came after May 1 and at this poing we are more than half sold out.

The raffle car had its plates put on it this week and is insured so its out and about. The only thing I have left to do is replace the headliners other than that I think we are good

I will post more pics in March as I am out of town until then.
Speaking of the raffle car there are only 169 tickets left at the time of this post. Usually we don't get down to under 200 until Mid May so we anticipate tickets to be sold out by April maybe sooner so don't wait if you want a chance at this great car.

We are starting to confirm guests and so far we are doing good
Look at the web page www.deloreancarshow.com for more infomation

and again thanks

Ken

DMC5180
02-22-2014, 03:58 PM
The Giant Jesus Statue is also there (visible off the highway). Its the new one that got replaced after the other was struck by lightening (literally). I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting.

I remember this happening. The wife and I were taking a detour up to the Air force museum following DCS 10 Lexington. When I happened to look over and see the burned up structure that had been recently reported and shown on the national news. I had know idea I would be driving past it. I remember saying to my wife , OMG that's the statue that was on the news. wow how weird is that.

Rich W
03-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Adding to Ken K.'s official DCS 2014 post. Recent DML post from Ken K. is re-posted below:

Hi all,

As you know DCS strives to bring you the best in entertainment, history, CARS (especially DeLoreans),
a great spot to vacation and of course lots of fun.

www.deloreancarshow.com

Please spread this to the other DeLorean forums, FB, twitter, linkden and whatever.

If you were looking for that one thing to put you over the edge and register for the show if this does not do it I don't think anything will.

From Bob Gale this evening

Fwd: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend
-----Original Message-----
To: Ken Koncelik <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 7:03 pm
Subject: Chris confirmed that he plans to attend

He expects to attend solo and Chris still isn't sure what his schedule is. But he said that as long as it's a weekend, he'll make sure he attends.

Bob Gale
So I am expecting Christopher Lloyd to attend the show on Saturday at this point. He of course will be with the other members of the BTTF crew and Bob Gale.

Chris was the last guest that I had been trying to get that had been eluding me so this being the last show I am doing I think things worked out pretty well.

Now for Surprise number 2

I have another BTTF guest that we have been working out details for and that is Harry Waters. Harry played Marvin Berry in the BTTF movie and will be singing Earth Angle for all of you on stage. We will do this Saturday night as well.

I now have filled up my schedule

Also a note Bob Brandys will be announcing information on his show out west that he has done in the past. Mainly as a preshow to DCS and more recently as his own show.

The future of DCS will be discussed and Jason will give you an update as to the direction he would like to take the New DCS show.

So now the cast is complete and we look forward to seeing you at DCS 2014

Just a note I am getting closer on rooms so if this motivates you to come then please get your rooms before they are gone. Again I have a 500 person max and we are approaching that number. Would hate to see any of you that have been following this to be left out in the cold and today it was cold 1 degree in the morning. Lets start to warm things up.

Disclaimer.
While we are all excited about guest to the show especially the high profile guests. DCS does not work a contract with them and they are under no obligation. I want guest to be here because they want to and in the past that has worked out very well as you all know. As a result I cannot guarantee any of the guests beyond their verbal commitment and work schedule. So if a guest cancels it is out of our control and we hope you understand. This has happened only twice before in all our years so our record is good and we hope you enjoy what we have put forward for you.

This is my last effort at bringing you the largest and I hope you feel also the best DeLorean Car Show Convention/Show/Museum/Vacation/History Lesson/ Entertainment Package and Pool Party that I can. I hope to see you all at my last show.

PS this time we are looking at 15,000SQ ft of additional tents (that is one big tent) in addition to hotel space.
Chicago was 19,000 indoors. If you want to park under cover you must register your car. We would like to see 200 cars and set the all time record for cars. In this location we are near enough cars to do it.

Please make your hotel reservations at http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...4&app=resvlink

or go to www.deloreancarshow.com and click on lodging and then don't forget to event register.

There are 149 raffle tickets left and we usually have 300 by May 1 (Raffle car has plates and insurance and ready for St Paticks day Parade) and there are only 140 event registrations left.

Keep in mind in the past half the people register after May 1st so that is why I am sure we will be a sell out.

Again this is your show. Only you can determine its success or failure and so far DCS has been the success you have all made it.

We also have confirmed the Taj Ma Garaj as a stop so we will get to see some very unusual vehicles.

Check out the daily events. As of this posting Christopher Lloyd, Harry Waters, Donald Fullilove and Claudia Wells, Bob Gale, Andrew Probert and Kevin Pike have not been specifically added. I have the general BTTF cast notes.

Manson Cheung from Mattel will also be making a return by popular demand.

Thank you all for your support
and register soon and register often LOL
I am sure you will enjoy this show.

Ken

Rich W
03-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Here are some Ken K. Fun Facts from his latest DML post, re-posted below:

With the show getting closer and me being busier than normal I have not done much of fun facts.

Finally got a chance to look at some of the Data and those of you that have kept track of them over the years will realize the number of states represented at this point is way ahead of most of the other shows.

So far we have
IN, PA,SC,CT,MD,WA,FL,TN,OH,IL,VT,CO,NM,AZ,OR,TX,WVA,W I,MA,MO,NY,NJ,VA,SD,KY
And we have Ontario and Russia
At this point this is great 25 states represented so far. Hope I didn't miss any but these are what I saw doing a quick glance.

The state with the most registrations is IL followed by PA and TX

Come on OHIO, INDIANA, KENTUCKY its in you back yard. :-)

I was at the DCO meeting in Ohio in January and I believe everyone there was planning to come. So it looks like registration is going to be very interesting in the weeks ahead.

Room are moving along and there are still rooms left. Those of you that event registered please remember to register for your room.

The room rate is $109 per night.
It is for all the nights of the show and the bookend nights.
If the Hotel tells you there are not ask for Bobby Ogles or e-mail me.
The rate will be honored for the time you are there for the show. Sometimes not all the desk help are aware of all of the show information so please do not worry if you are there for the show you will get the show rate.

We have 67 vin plates so far.
A special bonus this year the T shirts will NOT be white
They will be black with the logo so this is a big change.

I keep getting asked if we will be inviting more guests
First of all there is only so much time at the show so I am limited but I think 18 again tie with Florida and Gettysburg is quite enough.
Second someone has to pay for it and we do have a budget so we are within what the show can do.

The raffle car is doing fine and will be in the St Patricks day parade this year.

There are 32 group photos so far so reserve your photo now.

There are 61 cars registered so far so we are expecting about 125-150 but would like to see 200 so if you can please bring your car. Only if you pay the registration can you park under the tent. If you bring your car and do not register there is plenty of parking right next to the tent.

OK we are good
for those signed up thanks for registering
for those that have not signed up what are you waiting for????

Thanks this is your show
to enjoy it you have to be there.

Ken

Rich W
03-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Posted to DML yesterday ...

OK as of this morning we have 98 raffle car tickets less. WOW are they going fast.
Usually we don't sell out until May and its usually all of a sudden we get a surge. Usually we get to 300 left by May 1 then they go. Don't think we will be anywhere near May 1 before these are gone. They are going now at a rate of about 7 per day so if that stays true we should run out in about 2-3 weeks.

Good luck I believe this will be a last call.

Also event reservations are moving fast as well. We are over 300 individuals restered so far with 102 registrations left (we average two people per reservation and with about 150 gone so far that is the 300 individuals right on average.

When we get down to 25 registrations we will begin to adjust the number if necessary to get to the 500 even.

So again thank you for your support.
Looking forward to seeing you all at Dayton for one last big bash

Please look at the daily events and such as we will begin to update this and we have already added Chris Lloyd and Jeffrey to the guest list.

See you there
Ken

Please feel free to post this on other forums.

MartyP
03-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Here are some Ken K. Fun Facts from his latest DML post, re-posted below:

With the show getting closer and me being busier than normal I have not done much of fun facts.

Finally got a chance to look at some of the Data and those of you that have kept track of them over the years will realize the number of states represented at this point is way ahead of most of the other shows.

So far we have
IN, PA,SC,CT,MD,WA,FL,TN,OH,IL,VT,CO,NM,AZ,OR,TX,WVA,W I,MA,MO,NY,NJ,VA,SD,KY
And we have Ontario and Russia
At this point this is great 25 states represented so far. Hope I didn't miss any but these are what I saw doing a quick glance.

Ken

You also have Quebec (from Canada) as I'm registered too and will be driving down the 13 hours in the Delorean !

Rich W
03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
From Ken K. posted to the DML:

Well I guess I was wrong :-)

I thought the raffle tickets would go into April then I thought it would be out in two weeks and as of today they are all gone.

So thank you to all that participated. Please check out the guest list and you will see that we have used the money to give you the best show we can. We are adding Chris Nichols to the list of guests so if you want to see Chris do his magic he will be doing demonstrations at the show and probably all three days.

www.deloreancarshow.com

I also have another guest that has agreed to come we are working out some details then I will give you an name but he worked for DeLorean here in the States.

We have a very full agenda and if you enjoyed the last show I think you will truly enjoy this show. From a car standpoint we already have 81 cars registered these do not include the ones that say they do not want to be judged only the ones that have paid are included in this number so we are easily on our way to the most DeLoreans ever at a show. Let try to beat the 154 at Gettysburg and 152 at Chicago.

Again usually we are at the halfway point of registrations by May 1 but this year we have a 500 person max so if you want to come don't delay as you see the raffle car tickets went about 6 weeks faster than any other previous show and the show tickets are going just as fast.

I need only 24 more room night to meet my contract requirements and that is only 8 people for 3 nights.
Don't worry as of now I got some more rooms but his hotel has only about 100 total room nights left then it is sold out.
so that is about 35 more reservations.

We also have a special show on Saturday in the afternoon from the Fairfield Choiral group doing a Back to the Future tribute. This is a full stage show that lasts 16 minutes and will be performed in front of the BTTF Cast and crew and those of you that choose to attend. It will be in the main room and will be a standing room performance due to the amount of space needed by the stage.

Its on UTUBE if you want to see it before the show.

The tech sessions will be done different this time and Chris is one of the tech session persons and we will update the schedule.

If you don't have a time machine time is running out to register. As we predicted the raffle tickets will go early so have we predicted the show tickets will go as well. The bus tour is also doing well and we are getting a second bus.

Don't miss the fun, education and your fellow Delorean owners at this my last show.

This is your show
See you there
Ken

Rich W
03-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Edited down version of Ken K.'s most recent DML Post (including the Guest Updates Only):

Nick Sutton, England DMC

Chris Nicholson England (PJ Grady UK)

Chris Duvall DMC USA

Jeff Synor DMC USA

Craig Haglin from out west DMC USA (more details below)

Dixon Hollenshead (maybe, if health OK) DMC CORPORATE

John Belaus DMC USA

Another guest speaker also TBA later Delorean related from south area DMC CORPORATE

Bob Brandys putting on a Delorean Show in Vegas

A few tech sessions on Sat that we are still working on.

Tribute to Cliff one of the most dedicated Delorean owners we have had
and Me finally getting up and discussing the car and the show.

Ken

Below is the latest guest that will be added and he is from DMC USA

From Craig Haglin

Ken,
I was in the group that organized the QAC for Dick Brown. We worked with Doyle Potter ,Service Manager for Delorean, purchasing tools, setting up the Ex- Chrysler reconditioning center in suburb north of the Irvine Parts/Headquarters for Delorean. As we started it we set up a parts department, a repair area for bodywork and a mechanical repair area with lifts and special tools required to reconstruct the first few load of cars. No one knew how long it would really last but we were able to hire over 50 employees within one week and organize the facility and train the workers on the corrections required before the cars came in.

The day the ship arrived with the first load of vehicles a few of us were invited to look them over. I have pictures of the cars in the holds of the ship. Showing doors ajar because of broken latches and wipers sticking up showing the GM supplied batteries were dead and needed to be jumped. I am 6'1" and had to walk in with only 5' high ceilings.

After the beginning of the QAC I resumed my duties in the Denver,including preparing and shipping the first Delorean in Colorado to the Ital design conference in Aspen Colorado shipping the car in the belly of a DC10 to Denver and followed it up to Aspen to have Mr. Gigiarro (Deloren designer) and Mr. Farinni (Ferrarri and Fiat Designer) look over the car on the green with about 50 other Italian examples. It was parked in John Denver's Hanger over night and trucked back down to Denver on Monday to be sold to the than 100 plus people in line to have a "HOT" new Delorean.

This is a little of what I can talk about. If you have a specific area you want to concentrate on let me know.

I was also the first mechanic in the US to convert an automatic to a five speed Delorean. I ran my own repair facility in Boulder CO where I had people from 6 states bringing their cars to me.

beernpizzalover
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Just sharing a link to this Event on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/172401329635393/

I just signed-up for it...

Malevy
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Official FB event is here; https://www.facebook.com/events/382134988500995/

Rich W
03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Update from Ken K. (as of last Friday) cross-posted from the DML:

Hi

Here are a few more facts and trivia. {We will grade you at the end :-) }

1. The raffle car sold out faster than any other raffle car. Too bad I can't do a second one.
2. This is for Josh Q who has been relentless in getting people to event register Ohio 61 registered, Illinois 43
Ohio now has the most registered to the show with Pennsylvania in third.
3. I was a little off when I said that was it for guests as three more found us. This makes this show the largest
guest group ever. (Looks like I need a good raffle to pay for it all LOL). I think we are at 21 if everyone makes it.
4. This will be the largest tented area I will have ever had and that will be over 15,000 sq ft. Almost the size of the
convention center in Chicago plus the convention room. However it ranks 5th overall Behind Gettysburg, Pigeon
forge, Cleveland on the docks, Memphis on the Faded Asphalt.
5. Trivia How many of you remember the Faded Asphalt and where it came from and who came up with the pin.
DCO are not eligible for this answer as they know.
6. And this will be most cars on Faded Asphalt. Since its a tent many of the other larger shows were in convention
centers.
7. Trivia. At which show did I begin to make Pins And does anyone have all of them.
8. What are the odd cars I have had at the show.
9. Which show had the most Non Deloreans.
10 At which shows was the Monster truck at.
11. Which shows had Proto 1
12 Which shows had the Tellis Carrier.
13 Who was my first Guest Speaker at Cincinnati ( I don't remember this one so this may be interesting)
Hint: Linda Porter, Stephen Wynne, Don Steger, Dave Bauerle Name the part), Aldo Buono, and a few more.
14 Which show had the most BTTF cars and who's were they.
15 Which shows did Curtis attend. (Who's Curtis for those that do not Know)
16 Which raffle car, cars did not sell out by the time of the show.
17 How many automatics and how many manuals did we give away
18 How many cars including the one we will give away have we raffled.
19 What color shorts do I usually wear
20 How many DeLoreans did I own (I don't know that answer either LOL have to look it up)
21 Which show had Cat woman.

Ok that is just for starters

Hotel rooms.
Thanks to you all I have met my quota of room nights. Bad news we have enough for about 32 more people (that's 32 people times the 3 nights or approximate room nights not including the book end nights.

There are 84 more registrations and dropping fast. Two weeks ago I think I published we had 120 or so. They are going at a rate of 17-20 per week so if I do the math we have 4 weeks and we could be full up. DUE TO FIRE CODE I CANNOT GO OVER 500.

I do want to thank all since this year the cash came in very nice and for once I did not have to front the show.
That is also a first for the show.

Ok that should give you something to digest and it will be interesting if people can respond to the questions and trivia above. I will give you more next time.

I have enjoyed doing this show for you over the years and I hope you take out of it as much as I put into it.

Again thank you
this is your show
without you there is no show.

Ken

Rich W
04-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Update from Ken K. from a few days ago, posted to DML on March 31

Well the raffle car is going to leave me for a few weeks and I am going to have Jerimiah drive it around Dayton area
and check it out and build up the show locally.
Car runs great and we want to make sure its in top shape for the new owner come June

Again the Raffle Tickets are all Sold Out and thanks to all of you that participated.

OK
Event registrations are going fast as well.
We have slowed down a bit now that there are no more raffle tickets but we have picked up a few more on stage guests
Yes they keep on coming

If you liked Gettysburg and Orlando the two that I think had the best on stage value then you are going to love this one.

We are down to 75 registrations left and I sent out a notice about a week ago where I had roughly 40 of you that had rooms
and had not event registered yet. So that leaves about 35 reservations left if I do my math correctly.

That is not much. Again we anticipate a sellout and we are limited to 500 for the dinner which will put us at the second most
people at an evening event and real close to Gettysburg so this will be one of the biggest shows we have ever done. However
it does look like we may beat the overall number of people since Friday and Saturday have almost an even split of people
coming for one night.

So far we are bigger than Vegas, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Lexington, and Memphis. We are about the size of Pigeon Forge and
getting Close to Chicago and Gettysburg.

We need cars lots and lots of cars. It would be nice to see 200 DeLoreans at the show. So far it looks like there are already
125 coming so this early on 200 is achievable.
So please help make this final show one we all will remember (and I will probably will want to forget with all the work :-) )

Room reservations are getting tighter. If you call or go online and book one of the bookend nights like Tuesday or Wed and/or
leave Monday and they tell you they are out of rooms don't panic just e-mail me or ask for Bobby at the Hotel and we can move
around some rooms for you. I only restock 5 rooms at a time so if we get a rush or multiple rooms they can be temporarily gone.

WARNING
Just like the raffle tickets once they are gone they are gone and we do predict a sellout for at least Saturday night
and probably Friday night.

FUN FACT

One of our guests is a Girl from Russia.
Bet she wins farthest traveled.
She is bringing her son who is a DeLorean and a BTTF fan with her.
She had gained notoriety in Russia for her sons obsession with the DeLorean and she is making the trip to be here with us.
So lets all make sure we welcome them.

We also have a Challenge team from the Fairfield Choiral who will be performing a full stage production for us.
This competition is limited to 20 minutes and this particular performance is 17 minutes. It will be Saturday Afternoon and
I hope you all take advantage of what these 50 participants do.

OK
Looks like I will be winding down registrations some time in the Future before the show so hopefully I can spend more time
with you all at the show.

Thanks to all the vendors for their help
and thanks to all that have contributed over the years I could not have done it without your help as well

I am going to miss Cliff this year its the one part of the show that will definitely be different for me.

Ken

Bitsyncmaster
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
I looked on Google maps for the trip to DCS. Looks like US-50 via West Virginia is better (no tolls). 554 miles so I booked a room in Parkersburg WV to break up the drive and not be tired on Thursday. Have not decided if I will hit the open house on the way back Sunday. If so I will book a room more north for the trip back.

If US-50 is not a good idea, let me know.

kkoncelik
04-06-2014, 11:16 PM
The rooms are getting scarce as we are down to the last set in the block so if you need a room I suggest you get moving.
We have been very fortunate in that the rooms have gone fairly equally in terms of doubles and kings and the suites and the hotel has varied the request to accommodate the kings. We had sold out but they took rooms not in our block and added them so we actually got a few more rooms since we are selling out so well.
Again this is not last call for rooms but its getting close.

Event registration we are down to 63 registrations It was only I think a month ago we were at 100. The pace for registrations has picked up a little. We have been at about 10 a week and now we are doing about 14-15 per week. Based on that by Mid to end of May or earlier we will be sold out.

Again thank you for making this a very successful event and we appreciate your support.

Ken

whocruiser
04-08-2014, 01:27 AM
The rooms are getting scarce as we are down to the last set in the block so if you need a room I suggest you get moving.
We have been very fortunate in that the rooms have gone fairly equally in terms of doubles and kings and the suites and the hotel has varied the request to accommodate the kings. We had sold out but they took rooms not in our block and added them so we actually got a few more rooms since we are selling out so well.
Again this is not last call for rooms but its getting close.

Event registration we are down to 63 registrations It was only I think a month ago we were at 100. The pace for registrations has picked up a little. We have been at about 10 a week and now we are doing about 14-15 per week. Based on that by Mid to end of May or earlier we will be sold out.

Again thank you for making this a very successful event and we appreciate your support.

Ken

WHEN and not if the rooms DO run out, anyone still needing a place to stay please note that I'm looking to recruit roommates to split the cost on a room (either keeping the one I already have reserved, or if you've also got one, I can always pass my reservation on to someone else who needs an entire room, and join yours.) Further details already left in the "I'm Registered" thread just below here...

Rich W
04-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Update from Ken K. -- re-posted from DML (April 6)

Hi

We are getting close to being out of rooms on Friday and Saturday night.
Both of these nights are filling fairly evenly so its hard to say which one will sell out first.
The same for the show registrations.

We now have 21 guests, more than at any other show so yes this will be fairly long evenings but this is the final DCS
and we will go out with what we hope is one of the most informative and varied shows ever. There should be something
for everyone. And remember I do not glue you to your seat you can get up and walk around.
I am still working on getting George Crane back. He by far has been the most passionate and emotional speaker we had.
He was in Memphis.

As far as I know we have had one possible change in our schedule. We planned to do Blad Boys as one of our stops but
we recently tried to get in touch with them and we think they changed buildings so this may change. There still is plenty
to do and in retrospect we may have crammed too much in one day anyway so I think the time will be better spent at
Carroline Parl You can actually walk from the park to the hotel in 5 minutes so its that close.

Again we are down to 63 registrations and they are moving at a rate now of 14-15 per week so that leaves us about a
month left until we sell out. Things can change but its been at 10 per week and now its picking up so if you want to
attend now is the time to register.

Again thanks and I look forward to doing this last show with you.

Also I talked at length with Jason on taking over the car show and I think he has pretty much the same idea I had for him
when he said he would take it over.

I have heard people saying they did not know how the show would work after I am done with it and remember I started
with just a two night show and basically local vendors as guests and it has grown as it is today. We had a dinner at
Montgomery inn with a raffle and Rob Grady and Saturday we had an open car show outside and a cramped dinner with
some people in the back room because we ran short of space. Its unfair to assume Jason can just pick it up where I left off.
He is doing what I had hoped and how I got started and going back to basics. From what we have talked I think you will all
enjoy it and contrary to belief he does plan to spread the show around a bit but at this point not as far as I have gone.
The Midwest always gets the best response so thank all of you that attend to make that happen. The east coast and the
DCO in Cleveland (Mike and Patty)got me started and they still have maybe the major presence as far as groups are concerned.

Jason will tell us of his vision at the show and I think the new start will be welcomed.
He now has his own following in Indianapolis. You all gave me a chance and I thank you.
I had some pretty tough competition going in and all I can do is say thank you for supporting me and my friends and family
on this adventure. But its time for me to step down and let the show go another direction.

Ken

Rich W
04-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Recent update from Ken K. (keeping all the updates together)

Hello

Its now less than two months to go to the Final DCS

We again have a fun fact that as of now 47% of those registered are new attendees.
This trend has been with us since the second show so no surprise.

Hotel

We have sold a lot of rooms and as of now we have been granted an increase in room nights so about 50 rooms remain for each night.
But there are a number of you about 40, that have event registrations and not rooms (not including locals)
This is the rest of the Hotel so when they are gone there are no more rooms.

Event Registration.

On April 7 we posted on Facebook that we had 63 reservations left
as of today we had only 40 so at this rate we have probably 3 weeks left.

Good luck and see you at the show

Ken

kkoncelik
04-18-2014, 12:04 PM
It has only been a couple of days but event registrations are now down to 32
just a few days ago it was 40. Looks like a sell out to me
Ken

Mark D
04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
I hope somebody will be taking video of the show and the guest speakers... I would have really liked to attend but there is no way I can make it. Anybody know if there are plans to have a videographer capture parts of the show?

Dangermouse
04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Video bob normally does something, but I don't know what his plans are this year.

Dangermouse
04-18-2014, 04:24 PM
It has only been a couple of days but event registrations are now down to 32
just a few days ago it was 40. Looks like a sell out to me
Ken

I certainly don't know anything about two of those :)

kkoncelik
04-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Happy Easter to all
I took a few days off to get some work done but I went back through some posts and someone asked me for a list of vins that will be at the show
Here are some of them that ordered plates so this is just a partial list. There are 77 of them listed. Less than half of those registered got plates.

down to 28 registrations left
don't be left out once we hit 500 we are done no exceptions.

05844, 06530
Look up from FL and KY 04xxx

3196, 5786
4565, 4828, 6238
ZANE

DMCMW Dave
04-20-2014, 11:20 PM
We just pulled 5429 (My original/personal car) out of the showroom Friday to freshen things up, but if we get much more in the way of parts orders we'll be driving the DeLorean Minivan.

SherryC
04-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Hey Ken, add us to that list. #10480.

SS Spoiler
04-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Dito on #2691

Rich_NYS
04-21-2014, 09:36 AM
10372 wasn't registered to be there, but might be depending on mechanical progress.

The LFF will definitely be there.

Rich W
05-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Update from Ken K. posted to the DML on May 1st

Well as predicted we sold all 250 reservations before May 1 a new record
Funny thing is that 50 % of registrations usually come in after May 1 so I have no idea how many of you waited so the next month will be interesting.

I am down to less than 10 rooms per night with Saturday night being the fullest.
I also see 30 or so names that have no hotel reservations so if you need a room please book it.
As you know the hotel gave us more rooms but this will sell out the hotel

As far as event registrations Saturday is the fullest and has about 50 more people than Friday which is usual
Thursday is lower again predictable but we did sell out all 250 reservations.
We assume approximately 2 people for each reservation but we actually came in a little lower than that which is fine and we had some cancellations so I added 23 more reservations.
This is it however. We have had 15 cancellations so far and that is about normal so those were included in the 23 added reservations.

This is the fastest sellout we have ever had so I thank all of you.

For the first time in show history I have not had to front the show any money and again I thank you all for that.
It allowed me to be able to get Christopher Lloyd and bring back many of the cast from DeLorean and BTTF that have made the show what it is.

Its your show and this time I think we have outdone it again. 21 guests are the most we have ever had beating out Gettysburg and Orlando.

So last call for reservations. Unless there are more cancellations no more reservations will be added to the list.

If you have registered to be judged in the car show I would appreciate an e-mail telling me how many miles are on your car or if its modified. You can do mileage class or custom class. In mileage class we do not deduct for most modifications as long as they are done well and look as if it could be original. This is not concours and we are looking that the cars are maintained. If you did a lot of modifications then you should be in the modified category
painted cars are also in a separate category.

Again thank you have made this show much easier for me to run by registering early and selling out the raffle tickets.
I hope you enjoy what we have for you . Over 250 people are doing the driving tour. I will give more details next week

Again thanks
Its your show

Ken

D Knight
05-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Dammit! I've been trying to register for a week now and it wouldn't let me! Kept saying not available even though there were some still showing. Guess it didn't like that I'm using my phone.
So brings me to ask-I'm not allowed to park near the show?

-D Knight-

Lenny
05-31-2014, 08:20 AM
Dammit! I've been trying to register for a week now and it wouldn't let me! Kept saying not available even though there were some still showing. Guess it didn't like that I'm using my phone.
So brings me to ask-I'm not allowed to park near the show?

-D Knight-

I'm leaving Florida Thursday morning will spend the night on the road somewhere and get there Friday. I'm headed back early Sunday morning 5:00 or so.

Rich W
06-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Latest DCS Update from Ken K. (as of May 31) re-posted from DML:

Thank you all for making this show a big success
Now I am extremely busy

Take my sarcastic comments below with humor as I get some of the questions all the time and its hard sometime to keep a straight face.
Its my chance to vent a little after staying up late doing this its 12:24 AM LOL

Saturday night is sold out.

We had for a time Thursday and Friday available online but people also wanted the Saturday and I have had over 50 requests for
so I am filling those now if I can
All I can say is I said this was going to sell out so register early.

For those of you that did thank you so much it made this a lot easier for me to plan

The OHIO people get the Procrastinator award for this show as almost 1/3 of the OH I forgot to register people were from Ohio.
Many at the meeting in January where the show was discussed and thanks to Josh Q numerous reminders were sent out.

By the way the most common excuse
I thought I was registered can you check for me (got 2 today)
and
I forgot. (got three today)

If you call me after this e-mail please come up with something different LOL.

I also like I want to come to the show and I just want to see the cars and the actors but don't want the evening events do I have to pay.
(get this all the time, they almost never register)

YES that is why every one else is there and they paid. No the guests and cars don't magically appear it does cost to do this.

We should have over 160 DeLoreans at the show a new record

IF you registered for the show you will be getting an e-mail with the itinerary
I keep hearing how I don't have one or no one knows we have one but its been listed on www.deloreancarshow.com for almost 2 years now
and updated as changes occur.

If you plan to go to the Air force museum from the Hotel Thursday the Bricklin group will head up a convoy at 9AM in front of the hotel

We are at the max 500 for Saturday and we are at 400 on Friday and about 375 for Thursday.
This makes it the second largest show just behind Gettysburg where we had about 20 -30 more people so its close
and maybe if we get more Thursday and Friday people we could make this the largest.

We are definitely ahead of Chicago.

Thank you again and look for the update probably next Friday

Ken

Conundrum
06-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I got that Wednesday through Saturday off, but I don't think I have enough money to make it. Besides, I'd have to come back early Sunday morning if not late Saturday night for work on the 4-12 Shift on Sunday. :(

Rich W
06-02-2014, 08:00 PM
I got that Wednesday through Saturday off, but I don't think I have enough money to make it. Besides, I'd have to come back early Sunday morning if not late Saturday night for work on the 4-12 Shift on Sunday. :(

Matt,

There are a few guys "in the same boat" as you, looking to share a room, etc. to save money. I just got another PM from a Talk member on Friday
who is interested in a room share, so if this may work for you, send me a PM and I will get you his contact info.

See you at DCS?

Later,
Rich W.

Conundrum
06-03-2014, 12:18 AM
I think it's going to be too tight. :(

Rich W
06-03-2014, 12:48 PM
I think it's going to be too tight. :(

C'mon Matt ... it's Ken K.'s last DCS event at the helm. I was hoping not to have to play this "card", but here goes ...

What would Bernie do? You know, if Bernie was still with us, he would be bothering you daily/weekly, to make sure you attended DCS.

Even if you are only able to make it for Friday and Saturday, to help save funds, it will be time well spent with fellow DeLorean owners.

And you know Bernie enjoyed a roadtrip challenge, even if there was very little sleep invloved before, during and after a road trip.

See you at DCS, if you can make it.

Conundrum
06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
I thought part of the show was already sold out?

Rich W
06-03-2014, 01:31 PM
I thought part of the show was already sold out?

I guess that depends upon who you know. Yes, Saturday night dinner is sold out, but ...

I know someone who registered their entire family, but not all of them will be able to attend.
So, there are a few registrations, for each day, that could be "re-arranged", if necessary.

Even if you decided not to do the Saturday dinner, to head back home sooner, I believe
Thursday and Friday dinners still have a few openings, as of this past weekend.

At a minimum, the Saturday show could be attended for the "bare minimum" in funds.

Conundrum
06-03-2014, 01:46 PM
I can't even look at the prices anymore. :( The website says sold out.

Jeremy Popp
06-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Any news on whether or not I-75 South, Exit 52 B will be open next month? My preferred route would be I-75 South, Exit 52 B, to Stewart.
Then take Stewart East to S. Patterson Blvd, then take S. Patterson to River Park Drive, then River Park Drive to second parking lot entrance.

Although the route sounds simple enough, it can get more complicated, really fast, with a big diesel RV and a big, long trailer in tow.

Dayton Construction UPDATE: Exit 52B (Stewart St) is not available traveling southbound on I-75. The only access is Edwin C Moses, which is Exit 51. There is no stop light at exit 51 when coming southbound, so if you have a trailer, I would recommend making a right turn off the exit, then another right onto Cincinnati , then right onto Stewart. Otherwise you will have to turn left yielding to oncoming traffic, which would prove challenging with a trailer.

Exit 52B (Stewart st) is open however if you are coming from the east or west from St Rt 35.

Northbound I75 should exit at 51 Edwin C Moses, it's an easy right turn at a light.

Lenny
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I'll be driving up from Florida after that the car should be pretty dirty. Any suggestions for car washes? Preferably in a neighborhood where I won't have to have an armed body guard. I looked on google but the street view showed some places where I don't think I'd like to travel :)

DeLorean03
06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
I'll be driving up from Florida after that the car should be pretty dirty. Any suggestions for car washes? Preferably in a neighborhood where I won't have to have an armed body guard. I looked on google but the street view showed some places where I don't think I'd like to travel :)

Here in Beavercreek: http://www.autobath.net/

Beavercreek is the home of "new money" so you'll be fine there.

Rich W
06-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Dayton Construction UPDATE: Exit 52B (Stewart St) is not available traveling southbound on I-75. The only access is Edwin C Moses, which is Exit 51. There is no stop light at exit 51 when coming southbound, so if you have a trailer, I would recommend making a right turn off the exit, then another right onto Cincinnati , then right onto Stewart. Otherwise you will have to turn left yielding to oncoming traffic, which would prove challenging with a trailer.

Exit 52B (Stewart st) is open however if you are coming from the east or west from St Rt 35.

Northbound I75 should exit at 51 Edwin C Moses, it's an easy right turn at a light.

Thanks Jeremy.

This is exactly the type of information I needed to know before rolling into town on Wednesday afternoon (before rush hour?).

Rich_NYS
06-04-2014, 01:38 PM

How 'bout we go in groups, with Jeremiah rollin' heavy and clean more than just our cars if we run into any problems... :gun:

SherryC
06-04-2014, 05:40 PM

:histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1:

ROFL ! Dude, you obviously haven't seen my paycheck !

DMCMW Dave
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
:histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1: :histerical1:

ROFL ! Dude, you obviously haven't seen my paycheck !

He didn't say a Lot of money, just "new".

SherryC
06-04-2014, 06:28 PM
He didn't say a Lot of money, just "new".

Shhhhh!!! The ink is still drying!!! You weren't supposed to tell :hippo:

whocruiser
06-05-2014, 12:54 AM
WHEN and not if the rooms DO run out, anyone still needing a place to stay please note that I'm looking to recruit roommates to split the cost on a room (either keeping the one I already have reserved, or if you've also got one, I can always pass my reservation on to someone else who needs an entire room, and join yours.) Further details already left in the "I'm Registered" thread just below here...

I'm now set up as a roommate in someone else's existing room reservation, so I will be letting my own hotel reservation go, as I no longer need it. Before I do, is there anyone out there who was unable to get a hotel reservation at all since it's filled up, who might like to take over mine? I will also be letting Ken K know directly, just in case he already has a wait list of hotel room seekers that he's working on ;-)

Jeremy Popp
06-05-2014, 12:03 PM

You have to travel at least 15 minutes in any direction to get to a nicer neighborhood really, these are the closest I could find:

South Dixie Auto Wash and Detail
3985 S Dixie Dr
Dayton, OH 45439

Four Seasons Car Wash
5240 Cobblegate Dr
Moraine, OH 45439

If coming from the south, I know there are 2 nicer ones at the Springboro/Franklin St Rt 73 Exit, but it's a good 20 minutes from the hotel. I would agree to the East, Beavercreek is nice, but there is probably something closer in Kettering not too bad if you google the area.

I'm not familiar coming from the west or north.

Jonathan
06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Is there someone in the Dayton area that might want to organize a fundraiser car wash for this? I have seen high school sports teams do it to raise money as well as other clubs or groups going on trips somewhere or needing cash for equipment.

I would imagine there is a hose around back of the hotel somewhere or in a neighboring building or business. I know we are all really cautious of scratches and abuse to our cars, so maybe there is a self-serve option too?

Might be too late to get it organized, but at $10 a car or something like that, you could put a decent amount of money together in a short amount of time for a worthy cause. I can think of a few good causes right within our own car community that could benefit.

Rich W
06-05-2014, 12:55 PM
I know Ken K. is extremely busy right now, so I thought I would post this "room" reminder in the DCS 2014 thread.

If you need to cancel a room reservation, please contact Ken K. first, either by email or by his cell number (preferred).
Ken still has a few outstanding room requests and if you do not let Ken know when you cancel a room resrevation, the
room will go back into the "general room pool" and not the "DCS room pool" (for Ken to be able to re-allocate, if needed).

Even if you cancel a room reservation and you tell the Marriott folks to release the room back to DCS, it does not always
happen correctly, so it's best to contact Ken K. BEFORE you cancel a room reservation, so he can "watch for availability".
So, if you have decided to share a room and you now have a room reservation freed up, please contact Ken K. first.

Thanks

wtbstuff
06-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I saw on the dcs website *Celebrity signatures extra Does anyone know how much they will be? I don't want to bug Ken by asking as I am sure he is busy enough.

thanks

DeLorean03
06-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I saw on the dcs website *Celebrity signatures extra Does anyone know how much they will be? I don't want to bug Ken by asking as I am sure he is busy enough.

thanks

Really???? Back in 2004, you just walked up and got one. Bummer ._.

Rich W
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM

thanks

IIRC, the extra cost may only apply to the folks without name-tags (the folks who only come for the car show on Saturday).

I believe this was the original intention, but as the weeks and months go by, there may have been some additional changes.

I am sure Ken K. will clear up any confusion during announcements Thursday night and someone can post the details here.

SherryC
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm working on something locally for car washes, with excellent references. Hang on !

Rich_NYS
06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm tentatively joining another room, so I'll likely be cancelling my reservation (double, non-smoking.)

I'm first posting here in case someone needs to share a room and hasn't found a roomate, or needs a room of their own and wasn't able to get a reservation.

PM me if interested in either of the above.

As requested, I'll let Ken K. know in advance before I cancel.

wtbstuff
06-06-2014, 01:16 PM
IIRC, the extra cost may only apply to the folks without name-tags (the folks who only come for the car show on Saturday).

I believe this was the original intention, but as the weeks and months go by, there may have been some additional changes.

I am sure Ken K. will clear up any confusion during announcements Thursday night and someone can post the details here.

Thanks Rich looking forward to seeing you again. Jay

Malevy
06-06-2014, 04:29 PM
THE HOME STRETCH! #DCS2014 is less than one week away!! Remember to follow us on Twitter for updates and information during the show.

https://twitter.com/deloreancarshow

Instructions for people with not-so-smart phones (Feel free to copy this to other forums);

DCS will be updating Twitter throughout the weekend with the latest news, changes in schedule, pictures and answers to your questions. Here's how you do it:

If you are already on Twitter: text ‘follow deloreancarshow’ to 40404

If you NOT on Twitter:

You can sign up via your mobile phone: (standard text messaging rates apply!!)

1. Send a text message to 40404 with the word 'START'

2. Twitter will send you a reply and ask you to reply with the word 'SIGNUP' to create a new account. Send 'SIGNUP'.

3. Next, Twitter will ask you to pick a username. Your username must be unique and less than 15 characters. Reply with the username you want You will get a confirmation message when you pick a unique username (Twitter will tell you to pick a new name if someone else has the username you wanted) and may be prompted to pick a password..

4. Send a text message to 40404 with 'follow deloreancarshow'.

To ask a question or make a comment:

Send a text message to 40404 with @deloreancarshow + message + #DCS2014

Jonathan
06-06-2014, 05:08 PM
THE HOME STRETCH! #DCS2014 is less than one week away!! Remember to follow us on Twitter for updates and information during the show.

https://twitter.com/deloreancarshow

Instructions for people with not-so-smart phones (Feel free to copy this to other forums);

DCS will be updating Twitter throughout the weekend with the latest news, changes in schedule, pictures and answers to your questions. Here's how you do it:

If you are already on Twitter: text ‘follow deloreancarshow’ to 40404

If you NOT on Twitter:

You can sign up via your mobile phone: (standard text messaging rates apply!!)

1. Send a text message to 40404 with the word 'START'

2. Twitter will send you a reply and ask you to reply with the word 'SIGNUP' to create a new account. Send 'SIGNUP'.

3. Next, Twitter will ask you to pick a username. Your username must be unique and less than 15 characters. Reply with the username you want You will get a confirmation message when you pick a unique username (Twitter will tell you to pick a new name if someone else has the username you wanted) and may be prompted to pick a password..

4. Send a text message to 40404 with 'follow deloreancarshow'.

To ask a question or make a comment:

Send a text message to 40404 with @deloreancarshow + message + #DCS2014

Would someone consider reposting the text of these messages on the forum here for those of us not on Twitter?

I have a Smartphone that can receive texts or get online, but the cellular piece will get turned off upon crossing the border. Out of Country rates for data aren't exactly attractive for Canadian plans. I can use WiFi at places I stop, but won't do any data roaming on the way. Thanks in advance if someone could do this.

EDIT: I don't really have any idea what the format is for getting to the dinners or events or agenda I need to adhere to, so any help would be great. I assume I'll just figure it out when I get there, but wouldn't want to miss something for not knowing I needed to be there/hear a set of announcements. Cheers.

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 05:39 PM
1) I've never used Twitter and don't intend to start now - sorry.

2) I use my phone as a phone, and that's it, thus no wi-fi broadband on my phone - sorry.

What about those people who are like me?

Bitsyncmaster
06-06-2014, 06:48 PM
1) I've never used Twitter and don't intend to start now - sorry.

2) I use my phone as a phone, and that's it, thus no wi-fi broadband on my phone - sorry.

What about those people who are like me?

I thought I was the only one still in the dark ages. My flip phone is going on at least 10 years now. I really don't remember the year I got it. My son uses the upgrade credit I get every two years.

Lenny
06-06-2014, 06:52 PM
I thought I was the only one still in the dark ages. My flip phone is going on at least 10 years now. I really don't remember the year I got it. My son uses the upgrade credit I get every two years.

I would never have guessed that. I figured you were a geek through and through.

DeLorean03
06-06-2014, 09:11 PM
No Twitter here - I'm good thanks.

Then again, I have the benefit of being local so Ken is 1 hour from me. I am just going off of whatever is on the website. We all can get on that. I, for one, will pass on Twitter.

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 09:24 PM

'Flip phone,' eh - first time I've heard that one. I supposed that when one opens the bag to access the handset, they are in fact flipping it open. Just never heard to it referred to as a 'flip phone' before - that's pretty clever though :thumbup:

One day, I hope to upgrade to one of those self contained brick units so that I can stop lugging the bag around everywhere I go :biggrin:

http://thomassena.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/iPhone-Capture1.jpg

DMCMW Dave
06-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Sheesh - what a bunch of troglodytes. No wonder you people drive a car made in 1981. :hihi2:

As a former cellular systems engineer I've probably had every one of those phones mentioned (including the bag phone), but no desire to go back.

DMCMW Dave
06-06-2014, 10:11 PM
1) What about those people who are like me?

There aren't any.

I suppose you'll have to read about it in the newspaper a few days later.

gulwng3
06-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Sheesh - what a bunch of troglodytes.

I prefer to be referred to as a luddite...:deedledee:

Andy

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
There aren't any.

I suppose you'll have to read about it in the newspaper a few days later.

Don't be silly Dave - with the Marconi wire services, it should take no longer than a day for it to hit the papers :smile:

NightFlyer
06-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Sheesh - what a bunch of troglodytes. No wonder you people drive a car made in 1981. :hihi2:

Just wait - one day I'll own an example of the pinnacle of automotive achievement - a 1988 Trabant P601. :thumbup:

That actually gives me an idea - what about a two stroke engine swap for the D??? Hmm....

I know you like it :wink:

DMCMW Dave
06-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Talk about going off topic. But I have actually owned three Ford Pintos.

EdR5150
06-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Making a playlist for the long drive to Dayton? Check out the Nerdist Podcast with Christopher Lloyd:

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/12/nerdist-podcast-christopher-lloyd/

Christopher talks for over an hour about his iconic roles and projects over the years including Taxi, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Addams Family, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, BTTF, and more. This makes a great primer for his visit Saturday night.

EdR5150
06-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Maybe someone can set up a monitor displaying twitter with #DCS2014 tweets? If you've been to a trade show or conference in the last 3 years, you'll usually see these in the hallways, and meeting rooms. I can provide a notebook computer, but sorry, I don't have any spare flat screens.

I find it funny people are willing to navigate to dmctalk.org for updates, but not twitter.com/Deloreancarshow. You don't even need to sign up for twitter. Maybe you're more of an RSS person?

Citizen
06-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I thought I was one of the last hold outs on using a flip-phone. Had a Motorola Razr V3 that I loved (and still do).

But AT&T told me they were shutting down their 2G network, so I had to upgrade. So fine, I could update to 3G, get a newer flip-phone for free. I should have done that, but then they dangled a smart phone in front of me (for free, only had to go 4G and get a data plan), so I fell for it. Now I have an Nokia 925 Smartphone, and can land a space shuttle with it or monitor DMCTalk, and pay a bit more than twice what I was paying before. I’m such a push-over.

As far as Twitter goes, I looked there. Only saw one tweet recently about DCS (last tweet shows March 6th). I find much more updates about DCS on DMCTalk. Case in point: this thread. I also get to lament a bit about Ford Pintos and brick phones.

Thomas

Gfrank
06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Can't seem to find an awnser, fri/sat dinners formal or...

DMCMW Dave
06-08-2014, 11:30 PM

Nothing is formal. You'll see everything from a tux to shorts/t-shirts.

Although wearing socks with sandals will probably get you some bad looks.

Bitsyncmaster
06-09-2014, 05:46 AM

Sometimes the AC is cranked up so high you may need a sweatshirt to stay at the dinners.

Lenny
06-09-2014, 07:07 AM

Shorts, Polo Shirt and Sandals for me. There are buttons on the polo shirt that's almost formal for me.

Rich_NYS
06-09-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm going to dress like Evel Knievel.

Gfrank
06-09-2014, 10:20 AM

I'm more of a socks and crocks kinda fella lol

whocruiser
06-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $35 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?

MartyP
06-10-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm all set !

Leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5h am from Montreal ! 781 miles !

Google map says 12h21...

So I hope to be there for supper !

NightFlyer
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $35 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?

Giving you a lift to the airport on Sunday shouldn't be an issue. We'll figure it out on Thursday :smile:

micmak
06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm all set !

Leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) at 5h am from Montreal ! 781 miles !

Google map says 12h21...

So I hope to be there for supper !

Have a safe trip, Marty. See you there, Thursday evening!

.....Mike.....

MTDMC
06-10-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm leaving home Thursday morning. Arriving sometime in the afternoon. See you all in Dayton.

whocruiser
06-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Have accepted a kind offer for a ride in from the airport to the hotel on Thursday. And I now have the EARLY Sunday morning hotel to airport run confirmed with a local professional minivan-for-hire guy, he's OK with a 4:30am pickup in the hotel lobby, but was already booked elsewhere on Thursday, so I guess it was just fate. And since he does have room for up to 6 passengers, he says it's OK for me to recruit any other early Sunday 6am-ish and later flight people who can ride along and split his $40 flat fee with me, and then we can all tip him nicely for being so accommodating ;-)

Lenny
06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm working on something locally for car washes, with excellent references. Hang on !

Did you come up with anything for a Friday or early Saturday Car Wash?

Grover
06-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Did you come up with anything for a Friday or early Saturday Car Wash?

I did see that there are a couple self-car washes. I was planning on hitting one up at some point. I will watch this thread though for any updates on a possible deal.

DMC81
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Is DCS also open to the general public to look at the cars?

DeLorean03
06-11-2014, 10:35 PM

http://deloreancarshow.com/events-saturday.php

Jeremy Popp
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM

On the Registration page, it says this:

Registration

DCS 2014 IS SOLD OUT!

Thank you for supporting DeLorean Car Show!

All are welcome to attend the Saturday, June 14th, 2014 car show.
It will be running from 10-4 at the Marriott. The address is:

Dayton Marriott Hotel
1414 S Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH , United States 45409
Tel: 1 (800) 450-8625 Fax: 1 (937) 223-7853
website

There is a $10 per person* entrance fee to the show, which is payable at the door.

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/registration.php
(http://www.deloreancarshow.com/registration.php)

SherryC
06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Are people looking for self-serve, or full service car washes?

Dangermouse
06-12-2014, 03:25 PM
I know Ken K. is extremely busy right now, so I thought I would post this "room" reminder in the DCS 2014 thread.

If you need to cancel a room reservation, please contact Ken K. first, either by email or by his cell number (preferred).
Ken still has a few outstanding room requests and if you do not let Ken know when you cancel a room resrevation, the
room will go back into the "general room pool" and not the "DCS room pool" (for Ken to be able to re-allocate, if needed).

Even if you cancel a room reservation and you tell the Marriott folks to release the room back to DCS, it does not always
happen correctly, so it's best to contact Ken K. BEFORE you cancel a room reservation, so he can "watch for availability".
So, if you have decided to share a room and you now have a room reservation freed up, please contact Ken K. first.

Thanks

I just cancelled mine (before reading this - I have also now copied Ken). I discovered that it was in the name of ROB SIMS, which is not me. So if your name is ROB SIMS, you may not have a room/bed anymore. Don't know how that happened as I made it via my own Marriott number and got confirmation emails to my email address starting "Dear Dermot"....

jackb
06-12-2014, 05:32 PM
I just passed St Louis... Will be there tonight. It has been flawless driving since yesterday morning, until I just stopped for gas.
The passenger door is stuck in the locked position. It will not open with the key from the outside, or hitting the button inside. When I press the button inside, it kind of tries to unlock, then stays locked. It had been working fine right up until then.
The driver door works fine from inside and out.

What should I check first tonight?
Or better, will anyone who understands the door lock system be around/free tonight to give a hand with it? (If so, please send me a pm w/ contact info, or reply and I'll send my cell #)

jackb
06-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Disregard that... Got it taken care of. I was finally able to get it open, and duplicate the problem. It was caused by operator (passenger) error. My fiancè was not closing the door hard enough and the locks and strikers were jamming up. All taken care of now (I close the door for her now)

Tamir A.
06-13-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm rolling in to DCS tomorrow around 4-5. Where is the Dinner and evening activities taking place? At the hotel or at a museum?

T.

Rich W
06-13-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm rolling in to DCS tomorrow around 4-5. Where is the Dinner and evening activities taking place? At the hotel or at a museum?

T.

Hey Tamir,

All dinner related activities at the hotel ... Salon C (Main Room).

See you this evening.

Later,
Rich W.

DMC81
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm almost certain I just saw Bob Gale at the Air Force Museum but I didn't want to be rude and bother him. I assume he is in town right?

Rich W
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm almost certain I just saw Bob Gale at the Air Force Museum but I didn't want to be rude and bother him. I assume he is in town right?

Yes, he is here with his daughter this time. (Bob's dad did not feel up to making the trip this year).

DMC81
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Yes, he is here with his daughter this time. (Bob's dad did not feel up to making the trip this year).

Thanks for the confirmation Rich, wish I would have said hi but I know he gets that a lot. lol

DeLorean03
06-15-2014, 11:23 AM
This show was beyond amazing. It is a true shame it's basically over now. It was like DeLorean heaven. All the vendors were there, the cast was very nice, Chris N. doing what he does was awesome as ever, and I met so many people from the forums. It was a very great time meeting everyone here, and the weather was perfect - 100% perfect.

If I seemed short or didn't talk much, I really didn't mean to be. The show was so insane with events to do and people to talk to and things to see. I was flying all over the place, and I sincerely hope I didn't slight anyone here. I was so glad and grateful to put many faces together with names here. Thank you everyone for coming; it was a fantastic time!!!

To Ken Koncelik: thank you for this experience. It was beyond a success; this show will go down as the best you did. You helped make so many people's dreams come true by meeting Christopher Lloyd. I had friends and "higher ups" come by and get to meet him and their children had a total blast. Ken, thank you for all you've done. I am glad to see the show continue on, and you have definitely gone out on top. Thanks again - I'll never forget this show!

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg607/delorean03/DCS%20-%20Saturday/DSCF6247.jpg (http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/delorean03/media/DCS%20-%20Saturday/DSCF6247.jpg.html)

Domi
06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Anyone know when the Dayton tee shirt will be available for sale?
I don't see it on their website?
http://www.robomerchant.net/deloreancarshow/cart.php?target=category&category_id=67

GR8SCOTT
02-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi. Does anyone know when & where the 2015 show will be?

micmak
02-05-2015, 05:01 PM
No show in 2015. Indianapolis June 2016.

......Mike......

Nicholas R
02-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Hi. Does anyone know when & where the 2015 show will be?

DeLorean Car Show is bi-annual. Every 2 years since 1998 with the exception of the west coast attempt at a DCS in Vegas in 2009. Kens goal was to have an east coast show on even years, and a west coast show on odd years. Unfortunately the west coast show just did not take off so it was back to even year east coast shows.

GR8SCOTT
02-06-2015, 01:53 PM
No show in 2015. Indianapolis June 2016.

......Mike......

Thanks

Rich W
02-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Indianapolis June 2016.

......Mike......

Hold that thought. More details to follow.