PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Augusta Ga?

WBowie
03-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I haven't posted since the site changes..just got a new password today and thought I would check in with you guys. Still looking for a D... someday it will happen. Anyway.. just wondering if there were any owners in Augusta or nearby.

Jack
03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Me...
Wanna come by and help put my air deflector shields back on and go for a ride :)
There are /were two other "active" owners.
One in Fort Gordon and one near me in Evans but never meet them.
Meet the guy in Evans mom gave her my number but her son never called me :(
Last i heard from the mother they tried selling it.
The only other D I know of in Augusta is on Curry St downtown, been sitting outside in the guys yard since 1985, he wants 25,000.
I tried telling him that's high for one setting so long, but he wouldn't budge.
Even offered to help him move it into the garage, but never heard back either.

WBowie
03-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm always up for helping out. Ages ago I attended a tech session in SC that focused on adjusting the torsion bars for the doors. I'm hoping with my new job I can finally take up a serious quest to find the right car for me to work on. PM me anytime. Also if you are a fan of the 80s I have about 30 old arcade games down in my basement. It's my other hobby. :thumbup:

Jonathan
03-08-2013, 11:40 AM
If you got me a tee time at your golf course there I'd drive my car down to you tomorrow morning :)

WBowie
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Also..that D on Curry St. Is it in the guys back yard..and does he have boats? I was checking Google Earth..and may have found it ..LOL

WBowie
03-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't play golf..but are you talking about the course on base? I can look into it for you.

WBowie
03-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Also..that D on Curry St. Is it in the guys back yard..and does he have boats? I was checking Google Earth..and may have found it ..LOL

Nope..that wasn't it.. but I did find it on street view. That's sad..just sitting in tall grass..exposed to the elements..with a big ass building only a few feet away that it should be in at the least. :hmm:

Jonathan
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I don't play golf..but are you talking about the course on base? I can look into it for you.

Haha, not exactly. I meant the one Bobby Jones made in the 30s and started holding a little tournament there you may have heard about. It's coming up in April. In fact, I'd seriously consider giving my car to someone in exchange for getting a foursome onto the course :)

Jack
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Nope..that wasn't it.. but I did find it on street view. That's sad..just sitting in tall grass..exposed to the elements..with a big ass building only a few feet away that it should be in at the least. :hmm:

Yes that is the one.

Jack
03-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Haha, not exactly. I meant the one Bobby Jones made in the 30s and started holding a little tournament there you may have heard about. It's coming up in April. In fact, I'd seriously consider giving my car to someone in exchange for getting a foursome onto the course :)

My dad plays there once a year, a perk for working on of the scoreboards each year.