PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of doing a Delorean car show

DMC81
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
I was wanting to know what you guys think about having a Delorean cruise-in here in New carlisle, OH? I dont know how many would show up but I was thinking of shutting down a portion of Main st. and doing it there. Just an idea I'm toying with but wanted your opinions on it. Thanks.

Michael
03-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Where have I heard that before?
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/:hihi2:

DMC81
03-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Where have I heard that before?
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/:hihi2:

Cruise-in more than a car show is what im thinking.

Nicholas R
03-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I was wanting to know what you guys think about having a Delorean cruise-in here in New carlisle, OH? I dont know how many would show up but I was thinking of shutting down a portion of Main st. and doing it there. Just an idea I'm toying with but wanted your opinions on it. Thanks.

Can you just do that?

thirdmanj
03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Can you just do that?

He probably knows the mayor.... Goldie Wilson.

DMC81
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
He probably knows the mayor.... Goldie Wilson.

Well guys not to sound silly but I am the current Vice Mayor for the city of New Carlisle so yes I can do that. Feel free to Google it or here is the city web site. http://www.newcarlisle.net/page_3.html

But yes I think it would be really cool to have a cruise in for Deloreans only on Main st. Our city holds a festival in Oct. and we have a classic car cruise in that draws about 700 to 800 cars if the weather is good so may be we can set one up for us?

thirdmanj
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Well guys not to sound silly but I am the current Vice Mayor for the city of New Carlisle so yes I can do that. Feel free to Google it or here is the city web site. http://www.newcarlisle.net/page_3.html

But yes I think it would be really cool to have a cruise in for Deloreans only on Main st. Our city holds a festival in Oct. and we have a classic car cruise in that draws about 700 to 800 cars if the weather is good so may be we can set one up for us?

No sh-t. :lol: Vice Mayor Mike Lowrey... I like the sound of that!

DMC81
03-15-2013, 10:17 AM
No sh-t. :lol: Vice Mayor Mike Lowrey... I like the sound of that!

Nope No- $hit....lol My older brother keeps saying he wants to get me a Goldie Wilson shirt to wear.

thirdmanj
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Nope No- $hit....lol My older brother keeps saying he wants to get me a Goldie Wilson shirt to wear.

I was just about to go there! :hysterical:

...you have to go to night school to accomplish that, you know, to be somebody?

DMC81
03-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I was just about to go there! :hysterical:

8) I think it would be cool to do though really, not sure what everyone thinks but its just something I have been tossing around.

thirdmanj
03-15-2013, 10:28 AM
8) I think it would be cool to do though really, not sure what everyone thinks but its just something I have been tossing around.

Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?

DMC81
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Yeah it would. You don't think it'd be a misuse of your office. Close down a street to have a geek out session with the Vice Mayor and his fellow DeLorean nerds?

No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.

thirdmanj
03-15-2013, 11:22 AM
No, the festival we have every year "The Heritage of Flight Festival" is on Main st. as well and is not held by the city but a committee of volunteers who put the whole thing on. I am also on that committee so we could just make it another event of ours. New Carlisle is not a huge city, right about 6,000 people so it's not as big of an issue as you may think to do so.

Ahhh, I see now. Well that's cool. I doubt I can make it, but I looks forward to seeing pictures of it. I bet this idea would tie in very well with the Festival of Flight, too.

DeLorean03
03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I would be willing to be a part of this. New Carlisle is not THAT far from Dayton. Heck yes, keep us updated on this.

Jeremy Popp
03-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.

DMC81
03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I would also attend this. It's hard to say what kind of attendance you'll get, but being in Ohio is already a good start.

Thanks guys, give me an opion of what kind of number you think might show? 10- 25 25-50 just looking for a ball park figure. I'll do some more checking on some details from the city. This is still just an idea for now keep in mind.

Nicholas R
03-16-2013, 12:33 AM
If I'm in Ohio I'm there. :)

Fluxat88MPH
03-16-2013, 02:59 AM
It's been my experience that it's hard to get a lot of D owners up this way in Dayton area. I am game though!

DMC81
03-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I'll keep ya posted on what comes of this. You can check out some pics of our classic car cruise-in here http://www.heritageofflight.com/

DMC81
04-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Just letting you guys know I have a meeting coming up in a week about our festival and I'll be bringing this idea up to see what the group thinks. Our main cruise-in is on Oct 4th but I was thinking of doing the Delorean cruise-in on Oct 5th mid afternoon. I will let you know what comes of the meeting late next week.

DMC81
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I was wondering would anyone know if there is a Delorean that has the bttf conversion in the area that would be able to make this event in October if I get the go ahead in my meeting tomorrow? Any info would be great, thanks.

Nicholas R
04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
One of the regulars at Kens every Thursday owns videobobs 8th BTTF car. The replica is beautiful and he keeps it at Kens. Last weekend he and several other of us brought our cars to a BTTF event at Xavier University. He likes doing some events but you should certainly come to Kens and actually meet him and the rest of the group in the area before committing his or anyone els's car to your show.

Still an open invitation every Thursday.

DMC81
04-26-2013, 10:47 PM
One of the regulars at Kens every Thursday owns videobobs 8th BTTF car. The replica is beautiful and he keeps it at Kens. Last weekend he and several other of us brought our cars to a BTTF event at Xavier University. He likes doing some events but you should certainly come to Kens and actually meet him and the rest of the group in the area before committing his or anyone els's car to your show.

Still an open invitation every Thursday.

Thanks for the info Nick, I really do need to get out to Kens. Please don't take it as me being rude or unfriendly, between a full time job, city council work the festival committee and family I'm so busy. Will you be at Kens next Thursday?

DMC81
04-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Ok, as of this past Saturday I had a meeting with our festival committee and no one had any problems with me wanting to set up a Delorean cruise-in/meet. I have helped set up our classic car cruise-in for the past 9 years and it can draw around 800 cars if the weather permits. I would love to set this up and if I could get some ideas of what you guys would like to see there would be great. Thanks.

DMC81
07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Sorry no update on this in a while, I have been crazy busy with some fundraisers for the festival and not to mention all the city stuff on top of that. I dont think I will have time to put a separate Delorean cruise in on during our festival. We will still be doing our classic car cruise in on Friday, October 4th at 4pm. With the right weather we draw 800 cars plus. Hope some of you guys can make it.