PDA

View Full Version : General Official Double-Din Frame Face Plate

1batt4u
03-18-2013, 11:54 PM
So I finally got everything together!

I will write and explain in detail about the Double-Din Frame Face Plate. PLEASE READ Everything Carefully!!!

Here are pictures of the prototype I had posted on the other thread.

Two things I had to do to get the frame to fit properly is:
1. I had to lower the double-din radio section down, which mean there will be less space between the bottom of the HVAC controls and frame where the shifter plate rests on. There will be about 1/8" space, you would have to straighten your shifter plate where it curves up. An other option would be a custom made shifter plate I will be offering, meant to hold the headlight and hazard switches, which you will read about and see pictures below.
2. I had to slightly bend the top section of the frame as you can see in the pictures, because even the original frame needed to be pushed downward in order for it to mount on, as well as the new frames made for the regular din radios.

Here is the custom shifter plate I will be offering as an option. As you see in the 2D design, all measurements are based on the actual parts. I decided they will look good there, I also got that idea by looking at the curve on the arm rest by the switches and cigarette lighter, and decided to put a similar curve there as well. The opening on the sides I will have them closed. If you chose this option, buying the custom shifter plate, it will come with a mounting plate for the switches, studs will be pressed/installed onto the plate in order to attach the mounting plate with switches on. I will include a small wire harness for each switch to connect on the back and to the stock harness.

Here's a pictures of the frame with recess on the hole for the temp knob

The HVAC decal will have colored heat/cool mode like the stock one, everything else will be in white only, no color behind it. That way people will have a choice what color display they will want using LED bulbs. Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Amber, Purble if anything.

The HVAC panel will be CNC machined out of a block of acrylic and will have sort of a frosted look. The last 2 pictures, I had that one tested. I left it outside in NY crappy weather for over a year and a half. I even had it in a dirty bucket filled with some anti freeze, clutch fluid, and anything else that fell in there, snow, ice. It held up real great as you can see! :-)

Here is the new Message Board for, "Cooling Fan Fail", "Lock Doors" and "Rear Def." It will be CNC machined out of Billet Aluminum. The top one will be used on the stock shifter plate, replacing the digital clock, if you go that direction. The bottom one will be used on the custom shifter plate I am working on, between the headlight and hazard switches. It will be Anodized in Matte Black, or left natural, I can polish it, if you want that look. It will come with a decal, same style as the HVAC decal.

I will also have to make and spot weld brackets to support the frame just as the stock frame.

Here are pictures of the radio brackets.

The radio brackets will come with 4 Security Screws, to prevent someone from trying to take it. I will also include another 4, 2 for the top of the frame to dash, and another 2 for the shifter plate, either shifter plate.

I was checking prices and they have gone up, like everything else.

The total price for just the frame unit alone, shipping included:
$250 in the US and Puerto Rico.
$275 to Canada
$285 all other countries.

Here is the part you have to read and understand:

The Frame itself will consist of a lot of parts:
1. Double-Din Frame,
2. Both Left and Right Brackets to support frame
3. Both radio brackets
4. HVAC Acrylic Panel
5. HVAC Decal
6. Absorbing Pad on top.
7. Security Screws and rest of hardware.

Option 1
You have an option of buying just the message board with decal, replace it with the digital clock. It will cost $35. YOU have to figure out how your are gonna setup your headlight and hazard switches. PLEASE do not ask me!

Option 2
You buy my custom shifter plate, will include headlight/hazard switch mounting plate with studs pressed into the shifter plate for easy installation, a Message board with decal, and 2 small harnesses for the headlight, hazard switches. This will probably be about $100.

Note: These will not be painted at all! You will have to paint them to your desired color! I will only paint the HVAC panels black around the edges like the stock one.

As I have mentioned before, I will need 30 people to start this, as I do not have the funds to start it on my own, or the space to keep these stored and wait till someone buys them. The 30 people will have to pay for the double-din unit only for the moment. Once I get everything going, you can tell me which option you will go with.

I wrote a lot and tired. lol If I missed anything or you don't understand, please let me know!

Thank you,
Billy

Jeff K
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
I can't open any of the attached photos.

1batt4u
03-19-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't know what happened. They were visible, then that appeared. PMed the administrator about it.

1batt4u
03-19-2013, 12:59 AM
I just made another thread on it. I think the pictures disappeared from the attachment area when uploaded or something.

Hope the can erase this one or Lock it.

Here is the real Thread on it:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6580-Official-Double-Din-Frame-Face-Plate