PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Looking for automatic delorean near Dallas, Texas.

parkerparker222
04-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Hello. I am looking for a nice delorean near Dallas. But am open to cars outside of that area. Automatic only.

Thanks!

OverlandMan
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Hello. I am looking for a nice delorean near Dallas. But am open to cars outside of that area. Automatic only.

Thanks!

Don't know of anything for sale at the moment. What part of town are you in? I'm over in Rowlett. Last summer there was a project D south of downtown that needed a lot of work. It was an auto. Not sure what ever came of that car.

They do pop up from time to time around here. I had to go out of state to get my car.

Jonathan
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Have you looked in Humble, Tx?

OverlandMan
04-05-2013, 05:27 PM
How much you lookin' to spend?

parkerparker222
04-05-2013, 05:57 PM
How much you lookin' to spend?

It depends on the car. Im not looking for a big project though. It wont be for daily driving. Just for occasional

Jimmyvonviggle
04-05-2013, 06:08 PM
No offence to the OP, but I always find it strange when someone posts a thread saying they are looking for a car. So what? Are they expecting us to find a car for them? Look on ebay, Craigslist, hemmings, autotrader, Locally and Chris's facebook page like we all did.

Shep
04-05-2013, 07:09 PM
No offence to the OP, but I always find it strange when someone posts a thread saying they are looking for a car. So what? Are they expecting us to find a car for them? Look on ebay, Craigslist, hemmings, autotrader, Locally and Chris's facebook page like we all did.No offense, but sometimes we've looked absolutely everywhere we can and still haven't found anything. I posted a "want" ad (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3688-Gas-Flap-Project-D-That-Runs) after doing endless googling, chasing leads, and unsuccessfully contacting vendors who never responded, and it wasn't until ten days later that I found what I was looking for (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3783-81-Automatic-Vin-0559-ONLY-4641-MILES!!) on these forums. I had even tried inquiring about ads from half a decade ago. Only one seller ever responded, and I missed out on it by only two days. Things just worked out for me, but there's a ton of DeLoreans that have been sold that weren't advertised in the "usual" spots, and someone on these forums had knowledge of it (say, parked in front of the house with a "for sale" sign on it, or only contacting clubs for potential buyers). Sometimes you're just missing or overlooking things you didn't know applied :)

Two tips for the OP: Check out the DeLoreans for Sale Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DeloreansForSale). It's one consolidated list of all the publicly advertised DeLoreans the maintainer has found, and it'll cut down on your search time dramatically (wish I had that resource when I was looking). Also be very open to shipping your DeLorean from afar. You don't necessarily have to be physically present (I wasn't for mine), but the members here are scattered throughout the country, and many of them are willing to go check out a candidate for you and give you an expert's view of the DeLorean, potential problems, etc. If you're nervous about a potential buy, have someone go check it out.

What would be most helpful here is knowing what you're looking for specifically. Auto, stick, no preference? Any specific VIN range, production options you want, upgrades you'd like to have, etc.? Low mileage, high mileage, in between, doesn't matter? Most important of all is your budget. We know you're not too particular, but a general idea of what you're looking for helps in the search.

DeMopar
04-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I have a car you might be interested in. Besides being an auto, what else is on your Delorean wish list? I'm about 8 hours or so from Dallas in La.

LEVY
04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
No offense, but!....................... You don't necessarily have to be physically present (I wasn't for mine), but the members here are scattered throughout the country, and many of them are willing to go check out a candidate for you and give you an expert's view of the DeLorean, ..........................

I would disagree with you, unless that car is many thousand miles away, you need to see what you are buying yourself. In your case, maybe you didn't inspect the car yourself but ended up spending $40,000.00 + on that car, not everyone have that kind of money.

Now, you find a very good deal, ask for help to people you don't even know, believe me, some one else will buy it before you do, happened in the past and will happen in the future!

If you really want a car, ask for a PM, otherwise someone respond on open forum, someone else will buy it.

LEVY

eagle-co94
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I have a running auto '82 in south FL for sale. PM me for details.

Shep
04-05-2013, 11:26 PM
In your case, maybe you didn't inspect the car yourself but ended up spending $40,000.00 + on that car, not everyone have that kind of money.That's exactly why -- I made the mistake of not having anyone inspect it, and will be paying off the loans to get it running for years now. Had I known what kind of work it needed, I would've saved up for a few more months until I found a much better option. I didn't, and now I'm paying for it.

Good point about seeing it yourself. A $600 plane ticket to inspect it with your own eyes is much cheaper than $40,000 for not inspecting it at all! A small investment goes a long way here :)

OverlandMan
04-05-2013, 11:33 PM
It depends on the car. Im not looking for a big project though. It wont be for daily driving. Just for occasional

I'd budget at least $15k-$20k then. Don't limit yourself just to this area as others have pointed out. Sometimes the best deal is 2000 miles away. Transport fees are small in the grand scheme of things.

There's a local DFW DeLorean club that is fairly active if you end up an owner at some point. PM me if you want more info on that. Good luck.

fnzen
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
If you are really serious mine is for sell