PDA

View Full Version : Bar Keeper's Friend on Sale!

go_leafs_go
04-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Hello ODOC,

Canadian Tire has BKF cans on sale for $2 in their spring sale. I believe it goes for 2 weeks. Stock up if you need some!

Dean
VIN1930

pezzonovante88
04-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Hello ODOC,

Canadian Tire has BKF cans on sale for $2 in their spring sale. I believe it goes for 2 weeks. Stock up if you need some!

Dean
VIN1930

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the heads-up.

micmak
04-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Deano, Is that in ALL locations or only certain ones? I never even knew that CT sold it!

......Mike......

Dangermouse
04-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Am I the only one wondering why they sell it?

I've never seen it in an auto parts store.

DMCMW Dave
04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Am I the only one wondering why they sell it?

I've never seen it in an auto parts store.

How may stainless cars do you suppose an auto parts store has as a customer? It's a household product - try the cleaning section (like where you would find sink cleanser) at your local food or hardware store.

Dangermouse
04-13-2013, 10:49 PM
How may stainless cars do you suppose an auto parts store has as a customer? It's a household product - try the cleaning section (like where you would find sink cleanser) at your local food or hardware store.

That's precisely my point. I've only seen it at grocery stores etc.

DMCMW Dave
04-13-2013, 10:58 PM

Sorry - I missed the CT reference.

Canadian Tire is much more than an auto parts store. It's kind of a combination of a huge parts/tire/hardware store and a WalMart. The only thing I've seen around here that compares are called "Farm and Fleet" or "Tractor Supply Company".

awildermode
04-13-2013, 10:59 PM

Canadian Tire is not just and auto parts store, they carry all sorts of general store like items. More of a "Canadian K-Mart with a Pep Boys attached to it".

...and they have hockey supplies. I bought my first hockey stick at a Canadian Tire. Titan TSM 99, I still have it.

Edit: Damn it, Dave. Why you gotta beat me by one minute?

Dangermouse
04-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Ok, I see. That makes more sense.

Jonathan
04-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Here you go, Dermot...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?locale=en

Tires, spark plugs, cleaning supplies, gardening, basketballs, air conditioners, tools, paint, coffee machines, furnace filters, TVs,.... like Dave said, it's kind of an everything store. I was in there a couple days ago and saw a pallet of 2 kg bags of sugar on sale as a loss leader (but normally it's not a grocery store too).

Oh, and lots of metric everything. Screws and bolts and filters oh my!! :) (comes in handy when needing things for the D!)

EDIT: hahaha... forgot of one other thing... they even have their own money!!! Canadian Tire money! You get it when you buy things with cash. Like 5 cents for every 5 or 10 bucks spent or something like that. Bring it in and spend it in the store like cash. Or, like the pool hall I grew up in, you could spend it there too on gummy bears or sour keys :)

micmak
04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Canadian Tire. Crappy Tire. I even heard it called "The Tire" once. It is a way of life in Canada. Weekly visits are mandatory for all self respecting individuals. In desk drawers and cabinets in every household across the country you will find Canadian Tire money. You can never get rid of it. Anything you buy there will come with some small amount of it. Canadian Tire is a respected establishment in Canadian life.
Useless information time: Canadian Tire's own tire brand Motomaster, is actually made by Cooper!

......Mike......

pezzonovante88
04-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Just bought some BKF powder.

Rich W
04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Just bought some BKF powder.

The DeLorean Midwest Connection Club plans to hand out BKF Powder Samples (at a table) at the DMC Midwest Open House this June.

For those of you who attended DCS 2006 in the Chicago area, these will be the same type of samples that were in the "Goodie Bags"
that were handed out to all the DeLoreans on display at the show, as well as the samples that were available at the DCS Registration.

There will be both the smaller, single use packets and the larger sample cans available, so make sure to find the display, if you attend.

Dangermouse
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Canadian Tire. Crappy Tire. I even heard it called "The Tire" once. It is a way of life in Canada. Weekly visits are mandatory for all self respecting individuals. In desk drawers and cabinets in every household across the country you will find Canadian Tire money. You can never get rid of it. Anything you buy there will come with some small amount of it. Canadian Tire is a respected establishment in Canadian life.
Useless information time: Canadian Tire's own tire brand Motomaster, is actually made by Cooper!

......Mike......

Thanks Mike, Jonathan et al for the explanation. I thought, from the name, that it was a Canadian version of NTB (National Tire & Battery) which sells both tires and batteries, but not much else.

I think I found a picture of a CT online:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7323429632/h87717699/

micmak
04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks Mike, Jonathan et al for the explanation. I thought, from the name, that it was a Canadian version of NTB (National Tire & Battery) which sells both tires and batteries, but not much else.

I think I found a picture of a CT online:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7323429632/h87717699/

:histerical1:Ha ha....:hysterical: