PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone ringtones

john 05141
07-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Does anyone have any ringtones for mobile phones related to delorean/ BTTF?

John

dvonk
07-05-2011, 09:31 AM
this thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?408-MUSIC-from-the-original-DeLorean-Commercial!-RE-RECORDED-and-MASTERED!-%28-ring-tone%29) has a couple ringtones of the remastered audio from an original DeLorean commercial. :)

jackb
07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I made a good one of the BTTF main title music for the iphone. Can't upload audio to photobucket though; where can I upload it to share?

Sidaries
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
My ringtone is the Main Theme of BTTF 3.

Jonathan
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Check out www.moviewavs.com for your one stop shop for movie quotes audio. You can grab all kinds of good stuff and save it to your phone via iTunes or whatever software you use. Being a child of the 80's, most of mine are from BTTF, or Ferris Bueller, or Vacation, Breakfast Club, Good Morning Vietnam... There's lots of good wasted hours of your time waiting for you there, lol!

Roman Legion
07-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Mine is the regular ring for a house phone.. I own no cell phone.. :tongue:

Kukem
07-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I have no idea when it comes to Cell Phones, but can ones that play Mp3s use them as ringtones? If so, couldn't someone just edit an Mp3 and set that to their phones? Just wondering cause I really have no idea when it comes to Cell phones. (It took me 4 months of owning one before I figured out texting) I kinda feel old.

Lenny
07-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the site. I searched for the word "Delorean" and found a bunch. My favorite is
Marty: "Wait a minute. Wait a minute, Doc. Uh, are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a DeLorean?"
Doc: "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"
:race:

Check out www.moviewavs.com for your one stop shop for movie quotes audio. You can grab all kinds of good stuff and save it to your phone via iTunes or whatever software you use. Being a child of the 80's, most of mine are from BTTF, or Ferris Bueller, or Vacation, Breakfast Club, Good Morning Vietnam... There's lots of good wasted hours of your time waiting for you there, lol!

Roman Legion
07-06-2011, 01:56 PM
This.. 0:40 - 0:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShtEogDHsA

That would be an excellent one! Real mind frell..

Jonathan
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I have no idea when it comes to Cell Phones, but can ones that play Mp3s use them as ringtones? If so, couldn't someone just edit an Mp3 and set that to their phones? Just wondering cause I really have no idea when it comes to Cell phones. (It took me 4 months of owning one before I figured out texting) I kinda feel old.

The short answer is YES :) There are a few different ways to do things, depending on what kind of phone you have... and how clever you are with some Windows software. A while back, the quick and dirty way to get something on to my Blackberry (at the time) was to email it as an attachment to yourself, then on your BB, open the email and attachment and it should give you a "save as" option. Once it is stored on your phone, you should be able to point to it from your ringtones setting page.

I went to an iPhone a few months back and things got a little easier to play with stuff. You can sync everything through iTunes, including your ringtones, but when you go looking for new ones on the web, you often find sites that want you to pay for them. You can use free software to edit the song file itself, save it as a WAV, or MP3/4 type thing, or the one I found to use on my iPhone is called "iRingTone" ironically enough, and it is free. You use it directly on your phone, so what I found I could do was with that App, grab anything in your iTunes library (which would include any movie sounds, or songs, or quotes that you previously saved), then the software let's you basically grab any portion of the sound file. I think the upper limit is 30 seconds, but it let's you pick where to start, where to end, etc. There might be an extra step to copy it over to your PC harddrive, then sync through iTunes, then use it on your phone, but it's easy once you've gotten the hang of it.

There is a neat flux capacitor app that has a few built in BTTF noises that you can use as an alarm clock. So if you want to wake up to Doc's 1985 clocks all going off then you can :)

Once upon a time when Windows was new (yes, I am old!), I remember using the Sound Recorder accesory to grab funny sounds like "Ni" from Monty Python and then assign that to certain Windows sounds. Hmmm, might just customize my laptop to do some funny sounds... Have fun!

jackb
07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
For the iphone you can do it with itunes. If you can read English, you can make a ringtone.
Right click the file you want to make the tone from.
Go to "Get info"
Go to "Options"
Edit the start and stop time so the file starts and stops where you want to take the one from.
Click "ok"
Go to the "File" or "itunes" menu
Go to "Preferences"
In the "General" tab click "Import settings"
Select Import using"AAC Encoder"
"Ok" "Ok"
From the "Advanced" menu, click "create AAC version"
It will create it and it will show up in your music listing. Right click the new song and click "Show in Finder"
Rename the new file extension to ".m4r"
The new .m4r file is your ringtone. Sync it to your phone like normal. Done.

jmrydholm
07-07-2011, 12:16 PM
I had this idea of taking an mp3 clip of the scene where the dramatic music plays and Doc is saying, "Damn! Damn-Damn!" looking at his watches. I was going to use that as a ringtone for people I didn't like, or bill collectors. ;)