PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Nice Condition 1981 Delorean 5 speed, Black Interior - $24,000

Ikeaboy1
04-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Selling my beloved 1981 Delorean. Black/Gas Flap/5 speed. 76,000 miles. It's in great condition, and I'd be 100% confident taking it on a long trip.

It has a beautiful condition black interior. The dash and binnacle are both original and in PERFECT condition. No cracks or fading at all. They look like they just came off the shelf. The rest of the interior is in overall excellent condition, however the steering wheel does show patina. Both seats have been recovered with new DMCH skins and look great. One of the passenger vinyl window surrounds has a place where the vinyl is frayed, but it isn't terrible and I've yet to replace it. Part #:101878 or $50.

The exterior of the car is also great. The all-important left front fender is 100% perfect. The fascias, grille, louvers, lower engine cover, pontoons, and all black trim have been painted the correct factory colors within the last 18 months and look amazing. The trunk was also refurbished with fresh paint, new bolts, and new weather stripping and looks great(no more grime/pine needles under the lower windshield grille). The wheels have a few scratches in the lug recesses(I accept no blame, it was the PO), but are otherwise excellent. None have been curb rashed, and the powder coating on all looks great. The tires have also been replaced about two years ago(probably have less than 3k miles on em). All the weatherstripping and glass on the car is in excellent condition. The t-panel is pushed up a little bit from the roof cage needing bolted to the fiberglass. This was next on the list to do before I decided to sell. It's not awful, but I'd like to mention it as something the next owner would probably want to do eventually.

Mechanically, the car has been excellent. The idle is steady and smooth(no hunting), the AC blows cold(R-12), the transmission works smoothly and the clutch and brakes work as they should. The coolant hoses were replaced about 2.5 years ago and a stainless coolant reservoir was installed. The coolant pipes were dismounted(except for the heater pipes) and power coated silver. A new clutch pipe, master and slave cylinder were installed and the fluid reservoir cleaned. A new alternator was recently installed, and an optima red-top was the first purchase I made for the car after buying it. I also installed the DMCH headlight switch, and LEDs in the dome lights, trunk, engine compartment, and doors. The gas struts were all replaced about three years ago. The frame is about average or a little above. Unsightly surface rust here and there, but no major frame rot or anything that couldn't be easily sanded and touched up.

I bought this car from a guy who had moved overseas for his job, and I was provided very little information regarding the service history of the car. However, after spending a few years working on the car, and by contacting Rob Grady(PJ Grady) and Dave Swingle(DMCMW), I'm confident that the car has also had the following parts installed:

-Toby's Tabs(confirmed)
-New fuel pump an accumulator circa 2005(confirmed)
-Stainless clutch lines(confirmed)
- Correct oil-pressure sender(confirmed)
-Fanzilla (confirmed)
- New drop window glass(driver side)
-New window motors/lock actuators (have never needed to open the door panels up, but they work like a charm, so I believe it.)
- Upgraded DMCH fuses/relays (confirmed)
-Eibach Suspension(confirmed)

This was a pretty sorted car when I bought it, but I've since put a lot of elbow grease and money into it improving it a little at a time. This is the perfect weekend cruise-in/drivers car for someone who likes to do detail improvements and light tinkering. I have the title in hand and am asking $24,000. I will also take trades for pinball machines. Please contact me with questions if you'd like more pictures of specific things.

lazabby
04-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Hi What's the VIN?

Ikeaboy1
04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
The vin is 2867, and the car is located in Northern Virginia.

Roman Legion
05-06-2013, 10:37 PM
PM sent

papanoel
05-16-2013, 05:03 PM
New here. but i'm looking to buy.

Is this still available?

Roman Legion
05-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Still offering my Mustang as trade and a fellow Virginian, so the car wouldn't move states and there is a high probability you would see the car often (Assuming you still attended events.) My offer will stand until someone else trades for it, so check out my car thread in this forum, page 2 I believe has the newest pictures.

Ikeaboy1
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
$22,500.

papanoel
05-25-2013, 01:59 AM
I PM'd you :)

papanoel
05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey i sent you a couple of pms. but haven't heard back. still available?

Ikeaboy1
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Sold.