PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Stainless steel wheel caps? (with DMC logo in black letters)

kajcienski
04-28-2013, 03:24 PM
I was just on YouTube and found a video of a D with stainless steel wheel caps (DMC logo was in black) - Has anyone ever seen these available? They looked really sharp and would live to track down a set...

kajcienski
04-28-2013, 03:29 PM

Spittybug
04-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Cool. Easy enough to do with SS paint like Thomas'.

kajcienski
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM

These looked "turned" like on a lathe... Reflecting light off the caps. Very cool...

awildermode
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
I recall the DeLorean Car Show site selling these a while back. They also had stainless steel "DMC" letters for stock plastic caps. It seems they do not carry either one in their store. Contact Ken Koncelik, he would know.

Also, there was a thread talking about it (either here or on .com). One of the 'problems' was the springs on the back made it really hard to snap in.

Nicholas R
04-29-2013, 01:24 AM

I bought a can of that stuff with all the special brushes for creating the grain back in 2008. I wanted to paint my airbox with it. I tried and tried. Probably painted it at least 5 times. Every time it turned out terrible. In my opinion, that stuff is way overrated. Maybe amongst non-stainless items, it looks like SS, but next to REAL bare stainless panels, I think it looks terrible; like crappy silver paint.

I recall the DeLorean Car Show site selling these a while back. They also had stainless steel "DMC" letters for stock plastic caps. It seems they do not carry either one in their store. Contact Ken Koncelik, he would know.

Also, there was a thread talking about it (either here or on .com). One of the 'problems' was the springs on the back made it really hard to snap in.

I dont think he's making them anymore. I have a set on my car that I bought like 4 years ago, and I think they were one of his last sets. He used to have letters for everything cut all the time but he's since lost that capability.

Ryan King
10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
I have a set of these that I just acquired.

Nicholas R
10-11-2014, 10:13 PM

Pics or it didn't happen :biggrin:

Ryan King
10-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Pics or it didn't happen :biggrin:

kajcienski
10-12-2014, 08:53 AM

May I ask where you got these, and if any more are available?

Ryan King
10-12-2014, 02:47 PM
I got the set from another local owner. They were a bit scratched up, but with some polishing from my dremmel tool they came out looking new.

kajcienski
10-12-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm usually one for keeping the original exterior look, but love these inserts. Any leads on where or how to get these produced would be greatly appreciated! Anyone?

Ryan King
10-13-2014, 02:23 AM
I'm usually one for keeping the original exterior look, but love these inserts. Any leads on where or how to get these produced would be greatly appreciated! Anyone?

Ill see about maybe getting you a set. He bought a box of about 50-60 on Ebay.

kajcienski
10-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Ill see about maybe getting you a set. He bought a box of about 50-60 on Ebay.

Yes please!!!! I would love to get a hold of a set or two (good to have extras). Keep me posted!

Ryan King
10-19-2014, 06:21 PM
I tried to message you. Your inbox is full