PDA

View Full Version : 1 oz .999 fine silver Delorean DMC-12 art bar

Jamie
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey guys, I need a little help. As well as being an avid Delorean enthusiast, I am also a silver bullion collector/investor, so when I found out that a 1 oz .999 fine silver bar depicting a DMC-12 existed, it was like bread and butter.

So this is where you guys come in, I need help finding one of these babies. I don't care about price (so long as it isn't ridiculous), I just want one. One ended on eBay literally a week before I found out about them and I was so mad, and I've been looking for one ever since.

So if anyone knows where I can find one of these, or if you have one yourself and wouldn't mind parting with it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, here is a picture of the item in question if it helps:

tjd
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
These show up on eBay every now and then, just be patient more will turn up I'm sure.

Sorry I don't have an extra or I'd sell you one.

dvonk
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
im a silver collector as well; and i too have been thinking about getting one of these. they pop up on ebay every couple months or so, and lately have been commanding c. $45-55 dollars. that is, obviously, more than a standard troy ounce round or ingot, but hey, it has a DeLorean on it! :biggrin:

if you look closely at the bar you can notice subtle features that indicate it was designed off of a DeLorean prototype, not the actual production D. also, ive seen some of them come with a custom-fit velvet-lined case, instead of just a loose bar. no doubt that would add a bit onto the price.

Roman Legion
07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Silver investor here and I will be looking out for that myself.. I wonder if they make them in gold? lol

Dracula
07-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Silver investor here and I will be looking out for that myself.. I wonder if they make them in gold? lol

Nope, just gold-plated. :smile: