PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean in NJ

link
05-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Hey guys, not sure how to start, or if this is the right place to put this. Anyway, I'm Rob, one day i hope to own a DeLorean, but funds don't allow that right now. This is my local D, VIN 3571, a few towns over, and the only one I've ever seen. It's sitting in a gas station just off the highway, maybe someone wants to rescue the poor thing. I'd take it as my own, but it seems to be quite the project. Here's a few pics of it, sorry if they're insanely massive, ill change it if they are.

The black marks on the rear quarter seem to be grease pencil or something. I can also get better pics of the engine if you'd like. It's apparently got a turbo, and something that looks like a phone? lol I'm not sure.

Dangermouse
05-08-2013, 08:17 AM
That's a great find. Thanks for the pics.

Sorry to see the car in such a manner, open to the elements, & critters like that.

Yeah, definitely a car-phone to the right of the steering wheel and is that a ham-radio to the left?

Mark D
05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
It looks like back in the day someone really loved this car. Too bad it's now sitting and deteriorating like that. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Chris Burns
05-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Where in NJ is this car located? I know some DMC people in the area that would love to save it.:biggrin:

LEVY
05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Find out if it is for sale and price, if price is right I can get you some finder's fees.

LEVY

kajcienski
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Is that a turbo? I see the gauge to the left of the steering wheel and some mod on the engine...

EDIT: Oops, original poster already mentioned. I wish there was another Legend car out there to discover!

link
05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I spoke to the attendant once, he told me that it doesn't start due to a bad carburetor. Not sure if this is correct, next time I go I can try to turn the key :b I haven't met the owner, but the attendant said he goes to the bar next to the station, so it might be possible to meet him. He also told me that the owner was looking for about 6k for it.

Edit: I'm not going to turn the key, it was a joke.

dmcnorway
05-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I spoke to the attendant once, he told me that it doesn't start due to a bad carburetor. Not sure if this is correct, next time I go I can try to turn the key :b I haven't met the owner, but the attendant said he goes to the bar next to the station, so it might be possible to meet him. He also told me that the owner was looking for about 6k for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVqDDaPhrA

link
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVqDDaPhrA

Yup, that's the one. Cleaned up a bit I guess. (the markings) Obviously it's not in better shape now. :/

It's been moved around a bit I've noticed. It's not in that same spot.

dmcjohn
05-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Hi link,

Thanks for the info on the car - could you tell me which town it's in as I'm in Northern Jersey myself!

Thanks,
John

link
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Hi link,

Thanks for the info on the car - could you tell me which town it's in as I'm in Northern Jersey myself!

Thanks,
John

PM sent.

I'm keeping it just a little secretive, because I know what all the parts are worth and I'd buy it in a second if I could ;b

Domi
05-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the pictures.
Let's hope someone will be able to save that car someday?
It's interesting to see how previous owner, back in the '80 probably, like to install different item like equalizer or cb radio in the car.
The manometer of the turbo is also a cool addition, even if it will look better on top of the radio, like the way on VIN502.

link
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the pictures.
Let's hope someone will be able to save that car someday?
It's interesting to see how previous owner, back in the '80 probably, like to install different item like equalizer or cb radio in the car.
The manometer of the turbo is also a cool addition, even if it will look better on top of the radio, like the way on VIN502.

Thanks for the welcome :) I've been lurking around since december, learning all I can.

I can get a couple more pictures, if someone requests.

Domi
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I've been lurking around since december, learning all I can.

I can get a couple more pictures, if someone requests.

More pictures would be nice if you're allowed to share them with us :)

Domi
07-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Any update on this?

nofear365
07-29-2013, 03:20 PM
I've seen this car in person. Last I saw it, it was for sale in a Porsche / Mercedes Benz classic car dealership. It wasn't far from Edgewater / Hoboken. It was there for a week or 2 then disappeared. The car was in rough shape!

Domi
07-29-2013, 05:07 PM
All right, too bad we're unable to get some more pictures of the inside of this car.

JohnZ
07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
I would have saved the 160 mph instrument cluster!

Nick774
07-30-2013, 12:38 AM
Does Anyone know if this is the same one that sat in the parking lot of a small Ford Mustang repair shop on the northbound side of 34 near point pleasant? If so I have sat in this car when i was 16. shop looked long closed with lots of old neglected mustangs sitting outside. sad car. Doors flipped right up though.

link
12-18-2013, 08:56 AM
hey guys..sorry its been months -__- life got to me for a while. it only gets easier and easier to ignore things once you've started to do so.
hopefully there's still interest in this, because I feel bad for the poor thing.

here's a couple more pictures.