PDA

View Full Version : For Sale One owner 81 DeLorean For sale $19,000

delornut
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Selling this car took a lot of thought but since retirement my interests have varied and I really don't spend much time with it any longer. It's extremely reliable and I wouldn't hesitate driving it anywhere in the country. It has about 100,000 miles on it but if I removed the odometer you wouldn't guess it had more than 10 or 20,000 miles. The after market wheels are 17" front and 18" rear with very good condition Yokohama S Drive tires. I have the original wheels which are in very good condition. The car has a Momo steering wheel and shift knob but I have the originals in excellent condition. The interior is very good, no cracks in the dash and the seats have been covered with sheep skins most of their life. The leather under the skins is very good. The car has been maintained and kept up to date with improvements and many new parts. It could use a head liner kit. I have lots of literature as well as a few parts, a few new but mostly used but in working order. It has Hervey's headers and mufflers but I've installed Car Chemistry inserts and they really sound pretty good without being too loud. The car has no cats and is running open loop so that could be a problem in some locations. I've reworked the ignition distributor and the car revs nicely. Beyond the headers and distributor the engine is stock. I bought the car new 31 years ago and it's been garaged and stored winters. The miles are primarily highway miles from summer cross country trips. I've always used synthetic oil and changed brake and clutch fluid regularly. There is a lot more I can provide to interested parties. The car is located just north of St Paul, Minnesota.

Bruce Benson

DMCMW Dave
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Bruce doesn't post much here, but anyone who knows him (and the car) knows this is a smokin' deal.

Rich W
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Bruce doesn't post much here, but anyone who knows him (and the car) knows this is a smokin' deal.

Ditto. This is the screaming deal of the year. If you are in the market, this is the one to buy.

Bruce, are you planning one more road trip to the DMC MW Open House this June?

(if the car is not sold by then)

Chris Burns
05-08-2013, 07:57 PM
What is the best way to contact you?

pezzonovante88
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow! Another killer deal.

Jacko
05-08-2013, 09:21 PM
This is the best deal I've ever seen on a Delorean. Frankly I'm speechless. The car looks brand new both inside and out and under. This looks like I would expect a $35K car to look like. If it had come on the market a year ago I would have snatched it up rather than spending $50K getting 4915 refurbished. Wow!

delornut
05-08-2013, 09:22 PM
What is the best way to contact you?

PM me

Bruce

SS Spoiler
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I've known Bruce since I got my car 25 years ago. We've made trips to Tan-tara- MO, Vegas '91 @ '95, Steamboat springs- CO, Black Hills- SD, Houston- TX, Evansville- IN, Chicago-IL, Pigeon Forge-TN, Gettysburg-PN, Cinncinati-OH, and many local trips in the Twin Cities. I always felt things were going to be ok if Bruce was along. His car never failed him, and he pulled me out of weird breakdowns. Who ever gets this car got a deal!

[P.S. Bruce, you priced it way too low!]

Paul Cerny #2691
Kalispell, MT

Michael
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I hope Chris works out a deal and gets this one.

dmc6960
05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Bruce's car is the first DeLorean I ever drove. Even since before I got my own car 13 years ago Bruce was one of those go-to guys who just knew everything about his car. I learned a great deal from him over the years and it will be sad to see his car go. Best of luck with the sale Bruce, but I don't think you'll need any. This is a great car for a great price. I'll vouch for anything on this car.

Domi
05-09-2013, 05:06 AM
That's a great looking car!
I really like the 4 exhaust system, reminds me a picture in a magazine which has the same.
What kind of manometer is it in front of the passenger side?
Chris, I really hope you would be able to buy this car, you deserve it :smile:

Chris Burns
05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I apologize for the false excitement, but I was just wanting to advertise his DMC on my for sale page.

I would buy this car myself, but with hit and miss income, iffy credit, and debt it will be many moons before I get a DMC. This will be a great DMC for someone!!:worship:

DavidProehl
05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Very bummed to hear you are selling your car Bruce. But for those interested, I'll also vouch for how solid this car is. Bruce has litterally done every concievable thing that could be fixed/updated to this car. There isn't another car that has recieved more love than this one. He is giving it away at this price.

Jimmyvonviggle
05-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Wow that is a very nice looking car. I think any of the "looking for a DeLorean" people on this board would be crazy not to get this car, regardless of seat color, transmission, or hood style. This is where we separate the bullshitters from someone who actually wants a car, and realizes this is quite an opportunity.

JohnZ
05-09-2013, 01:52 PM
In fact I'm very curious about this one, and I hopeful mailed via PM the man!

Let's see!

;)

delornut
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
That's a great looking car!
I really like the 4 exhaust system, reminds me a picture in a magazine which has the same.
What kind of manometer is it in front of the passenger side?
Chris, I really hope you would be able to buy this car, you deserve it :smile:

That is a vacuum/boost gauge. I did experiment with a low boost turbo system of my own design for a while. I worked in an engineering department for Ford for many years and some of the trades people I knew there offered their skills to help me make some of the parts. I tired of the tinkering and restored things to their original configuration with the exception of running without a cat or O2 sensor. As I said in my original post, the car is running open loop and if a buyer lives in an area where annual emission checks are done things would have to be changed.

Bruce

Domi
05-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Thank you for your answer Bruce ;)

OutOfTime
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Great looking DMC! Not to jack your 'for sal'e thread, but what kind of springs are those? Thats the best ride height setup I have seen with aftermarket wheels. I plan on also running 17/18.

Thank you and good luck with your sale... you need to bump up your asking price another $5k or so ;)

delornut
05-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Great looking DMC! Not to jack your 'for sal'e thread, but what kind of springs are those? Thats the best ride height setup I have seen with aftermarket wheels. I plan on also running 17/18.

Thank you and good luck with your sale... you need to bump up your asking price another $5k or so ;)

Eibach. The larger wheels give the illusion of a different stance when compared to stock wheels and tire sizes.

Starglider
05-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Reminds me of a DeTomaso Pantera. :)

delornut
06-16-2013, 06:30 PM
No longer for sale.

Bruce Benson