PDA

View Full Version : DMCH Website

Dangermouse
05-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Less of a review, as everyone here has been on it, but more of a thank you to DMCH for investing in such a great site, specifically the parts ordering section.

I didn’t really appreciate it until yesterday when I went to look for some parts for my old TR6, another old British car whose manufacturer has gone out of business a long time ago.

The sites that deal with old MGs and Triumphs are so outdated it is unreal. If you know the part number, you are OK, but If you don’t know the actual part number you are screwed. The ones I was looking at were www.VictoriaBritish.com and www.the-roadster-factory.com. Both are stuck in the catalog era, where you have a printed catalog/parts list at home (or flip through a pdf version on the website) and work out what part you need. Then go to a separate webpage to input your items. None of this efficient “add to cart” nonsense.

I would assume that the parts $ business at VictoriaBritish etc is higher than DMCH as they cover dozens of models that all sold many more copies than DMC did, so kudos to Steven, James et al for investing is a site that makes ordering parts, or working out mounting arrangements so easy to navigate.

Evildeli
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
I always liked DMCH's parts section. It's nice to have the exploded view with the numbers and list of parts below. It's simple and follows the parts manual, so it should be easy to read for people who aren't even internet savvy. My only complaint is the description for parts. On older versions of the site, certain parts had description to help you understand what the part did. The latest site all have the same description on how the parts are used on their D's that they service, which I kind of thought was implied. I'd like to think it's a place holder description, but I never seen them changed. For a better description, I read through Hervey's site. It might be outdated looking, but there's so much useful info on parts. I go back and forth between those two sites.

Henrik
05-17-2013, 06:17 PM
One of the first questions I typically get is: "So... how do you find parts for that thing?" I always tell people how easy it is to source and purchase parts, NOS as well as improved parts. And yes, DMCH's website certainly is state of the art. All in all, with such a relatively small customer base I am surprised that the support is as plentiful as it is, but - hey - as long as the D parts suppliers find a way to remain in business I will be nothing but greatful!

wrkey
05-17-2013, 07:22 PM
I am a huge fan of DMCH and go there on a regular basis. Here is the URL for the website just for completeness in this thread.

http://delorean.com/

And the direct URL for their store.

http://store.delorean.com/