PDA

View Full Version : General Fuel Check Valve

scotstern
05-16-2013, 01:03 PM
I have tried to find information about this but there does not seem to be too much available about the check valve. I think mine may be bad based upon input from all of you. I removed mine and ordered a new one but I was wondering how one might check the valve.

If the banjo is properly secured to the check valve, with sealing washers, and the dome nut is properly secured, again with sealing washers, should pressure go both ways. In short, if I blow through the check valve from the bottom, where it screws into the fuel pump, it flows, as it should, out of the banjo barb. That makes sense as that is what fuel would do.

On the other hand, it I blow through the banjo barb, it would seem to me that it should not flow out of the bottom of the check valve, where it screws into the fuel pump. Am I correct? This would seem like the culprit in terms of losing resting pressure within two minutes in my system. Just wondering.....

Scot

dmc6960
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Yes. By definition, a check valve is a passive device (usually spring loaded) which will pass fluid through one direction but not another. If it is allowing the fluid to flow through both ways, it has failed.

scotstern
05-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Just so I close the loop, yes, it was defective. Changed it out and now everything is fine.