PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Tech Session

Evildeli
05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Is anyone interested in a session or hang out? I know my schedule has been tight with new baby and all, but I got a set of front springs that I would like to put in. I think the project seems pretty straight forward if you go from the top, but I'm concerned about handling the springs by myself and I think I'd be more comfortable with help(especially if anyone has done the work already), or I hand it off to a mechanic, but where's the fun there?

Beachdrifter
06-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Is anyone interested in a session or hang out? I know my schedule has been tight with new baby and all, but I got a set of front springs that I would like to put in. I think the project seems pretty straight forward if you go from the top, but I'm concerned about handling the springs by myself and I think I'd be more comfortable with help(especially if anyone has done the work already), or I hand it off to a mechanic, but where's the fun there?

Hi John,

I understand how you feel. I actually installed Eibach springs in the rear myself, but I chickened out on the fronts. Wasn't in the mood to try to take apart a 30 y/o suspension and play with springs in a close area. So I left it to a professional and was inexpensive too. It's not a bad thing to give yourself a break once in awhile and let someone else sweat over it.

I would like to see a tech session later this year once things cool down, that would be nice. I plan to take my car to DMC FL for the first time later this year!! Never been there, and I am stoked. I decided to get them to install a clutch kit, and fresh leather seat covers.

Good luck in whatever you do..
-Randy

Evildeli
06-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi John,

I understand how you feel. I actually installed Eibach springs in the rear myself, but I chickened out on the fronts. Wasn't in the mood to try to take apart a 30 y/o suspension and play with springs in a close area. So I left it to a professional and was inexpensive too. It's not a bad thing to give yourself a break once in awhile and let someone else sweat over it.

I would like to see a tech session later this year once things cool down, that would be nice. I plan to take my car to DMC FL for the first time later this year!! Never been there, and I am stoked. I decided to get them to install a clutch kit, and fresh leather seat covers.

Good luck in whatever you do..
-Randy

Yeah, no one responded so I'm getting the springs done by my mechanic. I just don't want to mess up with springs.

If you have the seat covers I can do them for you. I did mine, Brandon's, and 2 other cars.

Beachdrifter
06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Yeah, no one responded so I'm getting the springs done by my mechanic. I just don't want to mess up with springs.

If you have the seat covers I can do them for you. I did mine, Brandon's, and 2 other cars.

Thanks John, I remember you mentioning that before. Wow, you must be a pro by now. How fast can you change one out? I plan on getting mine from DMCH. I read a DIY on it and it seems like a meticulous job, but doable. I may take you up on your offer it you are up for it later this year, and we can give it a shot.

--Randy

Evildeli
06-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks John, I remember you mentioning that before. Wow, you must be a pro by now. How fast can you change one out? I plan on getting mine from DMCH. I read a DIY on it and it seems like a meticulous job, but doable. I may take you up on your offer it you are up for it later this year, and we can give it a shot.

--Randy

Takes me about 4 hours per seat. It reminds me of sanding stainless steel. The first time is scary. First time cutting through leather can be nerve racking but once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. Just a little time consuming and my hands hurt after, but the results are worth it. Let me know when you're ready. You have grey interior, right?

Beachdrifter
06-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Takes me about 4 hours per seat. It reminds me of sanding stainless steel. The first time is scary. First time cutting through leather can be nerve racking but once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. Just a little time consuming and my hands hurt after, but the results are worth it. Let me know when you're ready. You have grey interior, right?

Cool man :race:, yah, I have the grey interior and will likely stick to the stock color. Not exactly sure about the 2 tone covers.