PDA

View Full Version : For Sale FS: TWO Delorean project cars

Dmc12
07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
1981 Delorean

This is a 1981 Delorean project car that I bought to do a LS1 conversion with (nothing has been modified yet on the car). This is a somewhat early production car vin# 2526. It has the gas flap hood and black interior. I bought the car from the original owner. He is the one who removed the engine and transmission along with the fuel tank and radiator (none of those parts are included). Back when he removed those parts he was planning on converting it to an electric car. The frame of the car is excellent with no rot, the body of the car is also in good condition with only minor damage on the top of the pass door, no clue how or what happened, it’s not bad and can def be fixed. The drivers fender is perfect, the hood has a minor ding on it and there is a easily fixable dent behind the drivers rear wheel. The front and rear bumpers were just repainted in factory colors, the headlight buckets were powder coated black as well as the lower gas tank belly pan. The brakes still work fine; the tires need to be replaced but do hold air. The interior of the car has been somewhat taken apart, it needs all new rugs and new headliners, BUT it has a brand new black leather dash and a new Binnicle that is in perfect condition, it also has a new black leather console. The seats are (you guessed it) completely new black leather seats! New foams, new backs, slider mounts work perfectly (there is one spot on the pass seat that something spilled on it, otherwise they are flawless). All the glass is in good condition, the door panels are in nice condition and so is most of the rest of the interior panels. I think I have all of the parts for the interior, heater box, a/c controls etc. I have a bunch of boxes filled with stuff, some of which I haven’t even sorted through yet. The door struts were just replaced last week the louver struts are in good shape, the hood struts also seem to be in good shape.

$$$$ for extra money I also have avail a Porsche 915/64 transmission, shifter and shift rod. And I have a 2003 Chevy 6.0 engine that has only 30k on it, it has upgraded ARP rod bolts, a comp cam designed for a boosted application and a comp cams upgraded valve train, the engine is complete and I have a LS2 intake manifold and a set of truck ignition coils for it too along with exhaust manifolds. I also have a Painless wiring stand alone wiring harness and matching ECU computer for the engine. I will include the engine, Trans, and all the drive train parts I have for additional $$$$$$
The car could be rebuilt either way at this point, you could restore it back to original, or go forward with an engine swap. I am only selling because I am building onto my house so sadly some of the projects must go.

The second car is a 1982 and has only 15k miles and has a excellent drive train and has all the parts you would need to restore the first one back to stock and then sell off what you don’t need and make a good amount of money back! It is a standard transmission and the car only has 15k orig miles, it has a clear title. The car was running a few months ago according to the previous owner and he said that it ran perfectly. He removed some parts from it for another D that he owned so it is not currently running. From what I can tell it is missing the fuel sending unit and pump, and braking master cyl. Everything else seems to be there. The interior of the car needs rugs, headliners and new seat covers. The console is in nice condition as are the door panels and knee pads, the binnacle and dash do have some cracks but it would still be usable as is. Everything on the car looks to be original including the radio. All the glass is in good shape and not cracked. All the gas struts for the doors, hood and trunk are working as they should. The rear louvers have a crack and need to be fixed. it is also missing one of the grilles in the louvers. The body of the car needs to be regrained and some minor dents repaired. The car was once painted red, but all the paint has since been removed and it is back to all stainless, just needing a regrain. The front and rear bumpers have already been repainted. The frame from what I can see has some surface rust where the epoxy is missing but I don’t see any holes. The control arm mounting locations look to be solid. I have not had the car on a lift but that is the best I can tell from how it sits. Overall this is a good project or even an even better parts car.

If someone wants EVERYTHING as a package I will also include a bunch more extra parts that I have, take everything for 17K, both cars have clean titles.

I will not be parting the cars out or selling parts separately, they will be going to ebay next week and sold separately.

I will be taking pics this weekend, the cars are located in Massachusetts

please PM me if interested.

Dangermouse
07-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Confirmation question

1st car - VIN 2526 - has no engine, tranny, radiator or fuel tank. Correct?

Does it have a clear title?

2nd car - VIN ??? - is complete bar some fuel system parts. Correct? What color is interior

Does the $17,000 price include the Porsche tranny and 6.0 engine?

Dmc12
07-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi, yes you have it correct, I actually do have a radiator and fans for the 81, I just remembered I had it. Both cars have clear titles, the 82 has a grey interior, I don't recall the vin off hand will have to check tomorrow. And yes the package price of 17k is for everything, both cars, and all parts mentioned plus some extras like a pass fender, and a bunch of misc parts.

Thanks!

Dmc12
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
both cars have been sold thx